Im a ghoul {aot and Tokyo gho...

By sleeploverrrr

"I'm not saying I'm an idiot, but hypothetically, if I assumed you were talking about me, would I be right?"... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (rewrite)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Season 4 chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 23

3.6K 133 6
By sleeploverrrr

Both Levi and Kaya walked inside the tunnels that the Reiss titan had destroyed, picking up small fragments of Crystal every so often. Once in a while, they came across bodies of their enemies and a red puddle that stained the ground.

"Captain Levi." A scout came running.

"What? You look like you're gonna shit yourself."

"We found Kenny Ackerman, he's still alive." The scout claimed.

Instantly, the scouts began to fear the thought of Kenny Ackerman surviving the titan transformation, he was strong and could be a major threat to the scouts. When Kaya turned her head, she swore she saw a bit of relief hidden in Levi's expression.

"What's his condition?" Kaya asked.

"We haven't made an approach yet, but from a distance it's clear that he's injured." The cadet answered.

Levi didn't seem to be taking charge of the issue, so Kaya took the lead. "Well, lead the way." The ghoul gestured. "Load your gun, but only shoot if it comes to it, aim to disable, nothing fatal." She ordered.

"Yes miss." The soldier saluted before guiding them towards Kenny.

Once the cadet was a short distance in front, the two scouts conversed. "You and Kenny were close, huh?" She started off. Levi nodded. "You do know that it's ok to express your feelings. For example, I'm feeling a little irritated by the fact you're trying to deal with this alone, I know from experience it's not healthy." Kaya confronted.

"We weren't exactly close, he taught me how to survive in the underground when my mother died." Levi briefly responded.

Kaya could tell that there was more to it than he was letting on, but decided to to press any further. "Guess it got you to being the man you are today, we can thank him for that at least." She tried to optimise.

"Wouldn't give him all the credit." The captain tried to mask his sadness.

Within no time, they'd arrived and stood in front of a small forest, sat against a tree was none other than Kenny the ripper himself. He looked somewhat at peace with his situation, sleeping without a care in the world.

"Kenny." Levi tried to wake the man.

"Oh shit, not you again." The man choked out.

"Found what's left of your squad, looks like the cave in killed them, you're the only survivor." Kaya was taken back at how quickly Levi's act had switched, it was almost as if he shut his emotions off completely once in front of a crowd.

"Sure looks that way."

"Report back, I'm fine alone." The other soldier began to leave and Kaya was about to follow until she felt someone grab her cloak. "Not you."

"You look shit." The ghoul observed what used to be one of the most successful killers, reduced to nothing but a shrivelled old man clinging on for life.

"Between the burn wounds and the blood you've lost, there's nothing that can save you now." The captain assumed.

"Oh yeah? I wonder." Kenny took out a box form his pocket and placed it on the ground. Inside was an injection, no doubt that it had something to do with the titans. "Swiped this sucker from Rod's bag right back at the cave. Seems if I just stick myself, I'll turn into a big strong titan. One of the dumb ones unfortunately. But for a while, it'll ought to keep me alive."

"You had the time and strength to inject yourself before we got here if you wanted, why didn't you?" Levi wondered.

"Fair point, I guess I'm just scared. If I don't inject it right then I might turn out the same as Rod, all messed up like." Kenny agreed.

"I know you're not just sitting here ready to bleed to death, surly you have a better excuse than that?" The captain pressed.

"Well runt, the thing is, I don't feel like dying until my dreams comes true. But I see now, after all this time, I think I see why he did it." Kenny contemplated.

"You're gonna have to elaborate." The ghoul interrupted.

Kenny laughed, or whatever you could call his muffled attempts. "We humans, we're all the same, every last one of us. For some it's drinking. For some it's women. Some even religion. Family. The king. Dreams. Children. Power. All of us had to spend our lives drunk on something, or else we'd have no cause to keep pushing on. Everyone was a slave to something. Even him." Kenny once again began to cough, blood painting the once green grass beneath him.

"So what's your poison runt? Heroics?" Kenny asked.

Before the ripper could further interrogate Levi, he was pushed back against the tree. "Tell me everything you know about the king. The first king. Why didn't he want mankind to survive?" The captain demanded.

"Dunno, beats me. That said, I know it's part of the reason, why we Ackerman's decided to turn code." Kenny coughed, spitting blood onto Levi's face, Kaya's face formed a grimaced look and she took out a handkerchief.

"So apparently, that's my name as well. Tell me, who are you? What were you to my mom?" Levi questioned.

Kenny laughed a little before giving an answer. "Dumbass, I'm just her brother."

"That day, why did you leave me?"

"Because, I just wasn't cut out to be somebodies dad." Kenny's voice began to fade. He swiftly grabbed the box and pushed it towards Levi, his final action was made.

Kaya observed what was occurring in front of her, she couldn't help but feel a little out of place with the matter, but then again, it was Levi who wanted her to stay. The ghoul slowly walked up behind Levi and put her hand on his shoulder, waiting for him to make the first move or give orders to head back. After a brief moment, the captain stood up and looked towards Kaya.

"Here." She offered him the handkerchief and he wiped the blood from his face.

"Thanks. We should head back, the coronation begins soon." Levi stated.

Kaya nodded before she whistled for their horses to come to them. Once they were mounted, they rode towards the interior to prepare for Historia's reign. For the most part, the two rode in silence, but there was a fine line between peacefulness and awkwardness.

"So that injection, what do you think we're gonna do with it?" Kaya questioned.

"It's not up to us, Erwin will have the final say." Levi replied.

"Of course, but do you think the scouts will run test on the thing, try to replicate it, or even just use it?" The ghoul thought aloud.

"Beats me. Makes me wonder, just how long were we influenced by the first king?" Levi added.

"Who knows really." Kaya agreed.

"I thought that when I found out you were a ghoul, it would uncover a few answers." Said the captain.

"Sorry to disappoint, I feel as though I know less than you. But there's one thing I'm sure of, Grisha Yeager wasn't as kind hearted as everyone claims he was." Kaya accused. "I'm not even human, yet even I know it's wrong to kill children."

"You think we can trust what he relayed to Eren?" Levi asked.

"About the basement?" Levi nodded and allowed her to continue. "He may have been a shitty person, but I don't think he had any reason to lie."

They soon arrived back at headquarters and walked to their old rooms. It had been a while since they'd been back, the last time Kaya was in her own room was the day the titans broke through wall rose, ever since then, they'd been on the move. When she arrived she finally took in the changes around her, for one, Petra's belongings had been taken away, along with most of the evidence that she was even a scout.

Kaya grabbed the things she needed and headed over towards the showers, soaking in the cold water to bring her back to her senses. Ever since Eren joined the scouts, life had gotten more difficult. Everyone claimed that this change gave humanity hope and allowed them to take a step into finding the truth, but personally Kaya didn't give a damn about that. She just wanted to keep her and her new friends safe.

She got dressed into her new uniform, designed for public appearances as such, and had nothing left to do but wait. Soon enough, Connie came and knocked on the squads doors to alert them it was time to make their leave.

Once they arrived at the palace, Kaya took in the marvellous sights. Banners were raised, children were playing, people were celebrating, the war beyond the walls seemed to stop for a brief moment and allowed humanity to take a break.

"This is amazing." The ghoul said in awe.

"Well yeah, it's a time for new beginnings." Jean retorted, stating the obvious to the ghoul.

"May I have your attention?" Commander Erwin gathered the crowds eyes. "Today marks a day of change, another step forward for humanity and a day of renewal. For to long, we've been tainted by false idols, but now, your true queen shall reign."

Historia wore a white gown and walked onto the platform of high ranking officers. After a short ceremony was made, Historia knelt down and premier Zackery gently placed a crown to her head. The crowd instantly cheered for their new queen, Historia.

"Did that girl really bring down a titan bigger than the wall?"

"Yeah, all the people of Orvue district witnessed it."

"As small as she is, she still saved us from that titan?"

"Her father ruled king from the shadows, but she brought salvation."

"Long live the true ruler of the walls."

"Long live queen Historia!" The crowd said in unison.

The new queen stood centre of the stage and saluted to humanity, reminding the world of her work as a soldier and future work as their ruler. Once the ceremony was over, the people continued with their festivities and the Levi squad was invited inside to congratulate Historia. Levi was no where to be seen, Kaya would have ventured to find him, however, she got the impression that he wanted to be alone.

"This castles bigger than my village." Connie said, mesmerised by his surroundings.

"Glad you like it." Historia peeped from behind a doorway, her smile was warm and inviting. "Though, I don't suppose I'll be living here. I'd much rather settle where I grew up."

"Huh, what sort of an idiot would pass up an opportunity to live in a luxury like this!" Sasha scolded.

"Yeah, don't tell me you're seriously considering giving this up." Jean added.

"I've actually already made up my mind." The queen countered. "As my first act of queen, I want to help all the children inside the walls. The destruction of wall Maria, Trost, Stohess and other humanitarian events have caused the most vulnerable in communities to go unseen. So I want to open an orphanage." Historia summed up.

Most the teens were shocked that instead of running the government, their queen would rather look after children, Kaya however, thought this was one of the most essential acts Historia could have made. "Wipe that shocked look of your faces." She ordered her squad.

"Kaya, I was actually hoping for your help." Kaya turned to face Historia. "You and the captain grew up underground right?"

"Yeah." She replied.

"Will you and Captain Levi help me establish this role?" Historia beckoned.

"I can guarantee my help, don't worry, I'll convince Levi to get on board too." Kaya assured.

"Speaking of the pipsqueak, he's right over there, are you gonna do it." Mikasa persuaded, to which Historia marched towards the captain.

"Wait, you're actually doing it?" Eren asked, shocked by what could possibly happen.

"Yeah, I am."

"Wait, it was just a joke." Eren tried to convince.

"I was being deadly serious on my part." Kaya argued

"After you've smacked him you should tell him this, I dare you to hit me back." Mikasa added. Kaya smirked and was amused to see what was about to play out.

"Real help you are." He muttered before turning back to Historia. "But it's not a serious grudge let it go."

"Eren, don't be such a coward, we all know you're practically pissing yourself whenever we have to clean." Kaya insulted.

"If I can't even do this then how can I call myself a queen." Historia reasoned.

"That's the spirit, pound that runt." Jean encouraged.

Levi stood beside a window, stepping into the light when the squad approach him. Historia stepped towards him, looking a little shaken up before she pushed past her fears and let out a battle cry. The queen punched Levi's side, he didn't move a muscle but it was clear that Historia was proud of her achievement. The squad all gasped, not expecting her to actually do it, where as Mikasa and Kaya were happy to see that Historia had broken past her fear.

"Did that hurt, well I'm queen now so too bad. If you have a problem-" The queen was about to continue until the scouts heard Levi begin to laugh.

"Thanks you guys, I needed that." He smiled. Kaya kindly returned the gesture and walked by Levi's side. "I take it you had something to do with this?" He questioned.

"I would never encourage that sort of violence." She said sarcastically. "Anyways, Historia told me her first royal duty. She wants to help all the children impacted by not only the titans, but humans too. Seeing as we've both been in those types of situations, she wants us to help her out. So you in?" Kaya summed up.

"It'll be more noble than any other royals reign." Said Levi.

"She's been queen for what, an hour or so, and she's already surpassed any other ruler." Kaya agreed.

"I'll happily help contribute to the cause."

Authors note : : :  in the anime there is a two month time skip from when Historia gets crowned queen and when they take back wall Maria. So what I'm thinking of doing is maybe adding one or two filler chapters where Levi and Kaya will go back underground and help Historia create her orphanage. Cool?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

294K 6.6K 67
π“…ƒ ⚠️MANGA SPOILERS INCLUDED⚠️ Emotionless... Stoic... These were the words that people used to described you. You were a very unique person. You had...
737K 21.9K 43
You..had an unusual situation. You were right there on the day your Mom was devoured by the mouth of a 'Titan'. You had just been found after being l...
992K 27.8K 86
Suns had always been known to be the brightest light, but anyone whose ever met one particular girl would know her smile conquered all. She loved and...
6.2K 126 13
My name is Y/N L/N, and I live outside of The Walls. My whole life I have been hiding in fear from my worst enemies...Mankind. You might be wondering...