Once Upon An Assassination At...

By fanfic_writer707

Kamisato Ayato fanfiction. Kurimiya Sora had a dangerous mission with one purpose; Kill the head of Kamisato... More

Chapter 1 | The first attempt
Chapter 2 | A deal
Chapter 3 | Housekeeper
Chapter 4 | Woof
Chapter 5 | A friend
Chapter 7 | Lost
Chapter 8 | New discoveries
Chapter 9 | A familiar face
Chapter 10 | Velikaia
Chapter 11 | Blast of pain
Chapter 12 | Recuperating
Chapter 13 | Vision
Chapter 14 | Housewife
Chapter 15 | Picnic
Chapter 16 | Eloping
Chapter 17 | Journey
Chapter 18 | Abyss sauce
Chapter 19 | Realisation
Chapter 20 | Retribution
Chapter 21| Ragbros
Chapter 22 | Moonlight alley
Chapter 23 | Nostalgic snow
Chapter 24 | Lu Wei
Chapter 25 | Tranquility
Chapter 26 | Snow
Chapter 27 | Back to inazuma
Chapter 28 | Hiiragi Genji
Chapter 29 | Poisoned
Chapter 30 | Goodbye
Chapter 31 | End of Contract
Chapter 32 | Once again
Chapter 33 | Eons
Chapter 34 | Kamisato estate
Chapter 35 | Frozen
Chapter 36 | Your name
Afterwards: part one
Afterwards: part two

Chapter 6 | Kunai

1.3K 60 30
By fanfic_writer707

UNEDITED

We had finally arrived in Inazuma city, and Ayaka rushed off to see if her commission had been done. Katherine greeted us with the same cheerful manner, and Ayaka didn't waste a moment to ask about her commission.

"Can I excuse myself for a moment while you talk with Katherine, princess?" Ayaka nodded, although she seemed embarrassed that I called her a princess.

After bowing like Thoma does sometimes, I left to find the stall that had become popular for its specialty drinks. Thoma usually had drinks prepared for Ayato, but today he had to go to Ritou, and would take a while to come back.

"Hello, what can I get for you?" The stall owner smiled.

"A milk tea, please."

"Coming right up."

Maybe it was to repay him for taking me in, or letting me stay inside the estate. His offer was quite generous and he paid me well. Kamisato Ayato wasn't as cold as I imagined him to be.

After I got it, I headed to where Ayaka was standing with a box in her hand.

"Is that it?"

"Yeah. I had these specially made, so it's a relief that it's finished early." She frowned, and held the box up. "But will nii-sama like it?"

"I'm sure he'll be pleased with anything you get him."

Ayaka shook her head. "Still, I want to give him something that he'll really like."

"Well, I'm sure this present is one he'll definitely like."

"If you say so, Sora."

"Let's head out then?" I gazed up at the sky. It was dark, and the wind blew ominously as if a warning of the calm before the storm. "It looks like it might rain."

"Hm."

We walked a long way from inazuma city to the chinju forest, when I felt the presence of several people in the shadows, following us. I could no longer feel the presence of the two Shuumatsuban that always tail Ayaka to keep her safe.

My heart sunk.

What happened to them?

Whoever was behind it, they were quite skilled if they had managed to stall the ninjas.

I glanced at Ayaka, who was still smiling while clutching the box. It was up to me to protect her now.

"Aya-chan, how fast can you run?"

"Huh? Kind of fast? Why-"

"Then please excuse my behaviour for a while." Within moments, I carried her and jumped up, since using trees would leave no trail behind for them to follow.

"Sora, what are you-"

Seeing us on the run, our pursuers started to shoot arrows at us.

"Oh my..who is-"

"I don't know. But they don't seem like they'll stop. Don't worry. I'll get them off our tail for sure. And even if I can't, they can't do anything once we reach the Kamisato estate."

"But we're quite far from there. Are you gonna carry me all the way?"

I nodded.

"But Sora-"

Arrows were shot again, and one grazed my hand as it flew by.

"Are you alright? Let me down and we can fight them. I do have a vision and-"

"No. I need to.." They started to get closer and it began to rain heavily. One arrow hit the milk tea I bought, and the liquid seeped into my clothes. Grimacing, I hurried so they could lose us while their vision was obscured by the rain.

"Sora? We can fight them. You can't carry me all the way. You're already hurt."

"No."

"Let me down, Sora."

"No. I need to get you to safety first. After that I'll deal with them. Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you." I tried to smile reassuringly, but since I kept a stoic expression all the time, I wasn't sure if it came out right.

Ayaka was quiet after that, though she still appeared to be worried.

Is this what it feels like to have a friend? It wasn't bad.

"Gosh, they're persistent." They started to shoot with guns as arrows failed them in the rain. I shot some kunai back at them, and continued to go on.

It had been a long way, but I could see the Kamisato estate slightly, so I sighed in relief. We were almost there.

Maybe I had let my guard down at the sight of the estate, because I didn't notice one of our pursuers coming close with a kunai.

All I could do was shield Ayaka and shoot some back at them. It hit some of them, knocking them out of the tree branches they stood on.

"Sora, you're bleeding."

The blood from my wound had seeped into Ayaka's top, and the red stood out against the blue fabric.

"Ah, it got on you." I frowned, hoping the rain would wash it away.

"That's not what's important right now," Ayaka scolded, and I laughed.

"I'm fine, really. I'm not dead yet, anyway."

She hit my chest lightly and I coughed out blood.

"I'm so sorry. Oh archons what have I-"

"No, it wasn't you. Just the kunai stuck on my back. It's not even a good kunai."

"Sora, we need to get you treated."

"Yes, yes," I replied, shooting kunai at the few pursuers left.

When they saw that we were about to enter the Kamisato estate, they started to run away.

"Hmph. Cowards."

It was still raining when I put Ayaka down on her feet. Within moments, a lot of ninjas surrounded us, which meant that the Shuumatsuban took the matter seriously, as they should.

They quietened down and parted as a certain man with formidable aura walked towards us. The crowd had now dissipated, on Ayato's demands, I presumed.

He remained impassive as he walked, so I didn't expect him to grab me by my collar and shove me against a tree.

I hissed in pain as the kunai dug deeper into me, but Ayato's bloodthirst didn't seem to be quenched. It was the first time I had seen him outwardly express anger. Not that I was glad it was being expressed towards me.

Ayaka gasped, and struggled to pull her brother back.

"Nii-sama, what are you doing?"

"That's what I'd like to ask. I heard that some assassins attacked Shuumatsuban members that were supposed to be protecting her, and not long after, you disappeared with my sister. And now you appear here with her wounded."

"I see." I gazed up at him and smiled.

"What did you do to my sister?" His tone was cold and ruthless, so much so that it sent shivers down my spine. Or maybe that was because of the rain. "Where did you go with her? And what did you do?"

"I can't tell you that."

"Tell me while I'm being civil about it." The calm amethyst eyes gleamed, the lilac specs more visible in his anger.

"I can't tell you." I promised her.

"Fine. I'll get it out of you."

"I won't tell you."

"You're really testing my patience. Or is it that you don't fear anything since you're at rock bottom?"

"Nii-sama, she's my friend. Let her go."

"You should chose your friends wisely, Ayaka. You don't even seem to realise what she put you through."

"She's not going to hurt me."

"But you are hurt."

"It's not my blood. It's her blood. She protected me. Let her go, Nii-sama."

"I thought you would always think rationally before acting," I remarked with a smirk. "To see that even the Kamisato head loses his cool when it comes to his sister is quite refreshing."

"Sora, we need to get you treated. Come on-"

"I told you not to worry."

Ayato seemed to be at a loss for words, with his face pale and eyes downcast; a sight I thought I'd never see. Maybe it was the rain or the exhaustion, but my vision started to get blurry.

Ah. I shouldn't have bought milk tea for him afterall.

********

So we can't feed Ayato in the new event. Ayato nation has been deprived (˘・_・˘)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 8.5K 42
Was it fate or was it all accidental? Were you born only to be raised in a faraway nation by the Electro Archon? Perhaps it was fate... to be raised...
5.7K 180 13
hi there! :) i was originally going to name this story "Prinzessin" but that's for a story with fischl in it, so I chose this :'D Kamisato Ayaka is t...
22.5K 699 27
"but Ayato. don't you think that being in a relationship with fellow commissioner is...inappropriate. I've never heard of two commissioners being tog...
97.2K 3.2K 25
"Apologize," he said seriously as he leaned on his table while his arms are folding on his chest. "I'm fucking sorry." "LANGUAGE." "...motherfucke...