Church girl and di scammer

By jahalia_1876

Lando is the brother of the most notorious Jamaican don ,his struggles have led him to partake in lottery sca... More

*Chapter 1*
*Chapter 2*
*Chapter 3*
*Chapter 4*
*Chapter 5*
*Chapter 6*
*Chapter 7*
*Chapter 8*
*Chapter 9*
*Chapter 10*
*Chapter 11*
*Chapter 12*
*Chapter 13*
*Chapter 14*
*Chapter 15*
*Chapter 16*
*Chapter 17*
*Chapter 18*
*Chapter 20*
*Chapter 21*
*Chapter 22*
*Chapter 23*
*Chapter 24*
*Chapter 25*
*Chapter 26*
*Chapter 27*
*Chapter 28*
*Chapter 29*
*Chapter 30*
*Chapter 31*
*Chapter 32*
*Chapter 33*
*Chapter 34*
*Chapter 35*
*Chapter 36*
*Chapter 37*
*Chapter 38*
*Chapter 39*
*Chapter 40*
*Chapter 41*
*Chapter 42 *
*Chapter 43*
*Chapter 44*
*Chapter 45*
*Chapter 46*
*Chapter 47*
*Chapter 48*
*Chapter 49*
*Chapter 50*
*Chapter 51*
*Chapter 52*
*Chapter 53*
*Chapter 54*
*Chapter 55*
*Chapter 56*
*Chapter 57*
*Chapter 58*
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
*Chapter 79*
*Chapter 80*
*Chapter 81*
*Chapter 82*
*Chapter 83*
*Chapter 84*
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96

*Chapter 19*

8.3K 631 176
By jahalia_1876

Yanique's POV

Church came to an end.

It was beautiful watching Jade get baptized it makes me wonder if Lando was ever baptized before, I am in no mood to ask him now.

"Yanique" I hear my dad's voice call my name.

Everything feels at ease now. I turn around to face him.

"Hey daddy" I give him a tight hug.

He holds me in his arms for awhile before he releases me then he looks at me. "You put on all this weight" he hugs me again. I try not to cry. His warm embrace makes me so emotional.

This is all I wanted.

I was worried his reaction towards me would be as bitter as my mom's but thankfully it is all that I prayed it would be like.

He lets go and smiles at me.

"We have so much to talk about.... Stop by the house today. Mi know you and your mother don't see eye to eye but you're our only child . You always welcome home." His words melt my heart.I quickly look behind me to check on Lando , he is having a conversation with his mother. By the look on her face I can tell she is not pleased about something.

"I will" I tell me dad.

Lando walks over to me. Must be ready to leave.

"Good afternoon" he stretches his hand toward my dad and they exchange a handshake.

"You are Lando" my dad says.

"Yanique!!!" Jessica runs over and hugs me. Thank God she is here to rescue me just in time.

We leave Lando and my dad behind having a conversation which seems to be going well.

"You brought him to church... deh man deh in love wid yuh mi na ask Christ!" She squeals .

"Jessica !" I blush.

I look back at him one more time , I can't seem to take my eyes off him. My dad and him are now laughing. It makes me almost forget about our problems. I'm so happy they are getting along.

"You put on so much weight. Girl it fit yuh! Mi did always know if you gain some more weight it woulda bring out yuh shape more" she hypes me.

I can't help but giggle. I've heard this a lot.

After mi eat like mi a eat fi two mi woulda must get thick and Lando keeps feeding me.... Oh my God...

Oh my God!

Oh my God!

I didn't take the pill, didn't Lando... ?

"A wah?" Jessica ask concerned. I then realized I've zoned out during our conversation.

"You ready babe?" Lando whispers in my ear.

His ability to pretend as if we are on good terms is mind boggling.

"I'm going to say goodbye to my dad first ... I'll meet you in the car." I hand him my car key, he takes it and then walks away .

I watch as he meets up with his mother and sister and they exit the church together.

I give Jessica a long hug before we say our goodbyes.

I haven't seen my mother since I got here. I look around for my dad and to my surprise she is standing next to him. They are having a conversation with the Pastor.

It doesn't look like either of them are pleased. I walk over and I am greeted by my mother's displeased look.

Here we go.

"Sorry to interrupt..." I say apologetically.

"Don't be silly child.... How have you been?" Pastor Taylor touches my head.

"I've been good" I tell him. I sense the tension between my parents. Why do they seem to be so distant. This is not what I'm use to. I hope I didn't miss out on anything or this is not my fault.

"Good to see you." He tells me and I give him a warm smile.

"Mrs Mitchell ... just meet me inside my office after you're done here" he says to my mother before walking away.

"I'm leaving now" I say to my dad. My mother's eyes haven't left me.

"Why you don't drive with us back home? Mi think yuh did ago stop by" my dad say. By the look on my mother's face I can tell what she wants to say.

She probably thinks I'm in a haste to go back home with Lando or she is hitching to tell me that I brought a criminal to church to embarrass her.

"I drove Lando here so I think it's only fare for me to bring him back home"

"Ya gwan like him nuh know him way ... give him di key to his car mek him guh home" my mother finally lets her tongue loose and as expected nothing good comes from her mouth. My dad shoots her a warning look.

"Actually it's my car , so my car keys and as I said I drove here so I'll take him back" I tell her. I love her but I will not be bullied.

"Your car ?" She mocks .

"Gracie" my dad mutters through clenched teeth.

She rolls her eyes at him.

"Yes mom I have a car now, daddy it was nice seeing you." I hug him then walk away.

I mean it is nothing to brag about but whenever I mentioned anything about getting my own vehicle she would often times try to talk me out of it or tell me to wait.

Lando's POV

"Mek mi shout yuh back" I say to Lawrence as I see Yanique approaching the car.

"Alright bro" he says to me before I end the call. I reach over and open the door for her. She gets inside and I hand her the keys.

I can't help but realize how sulky she seems.

After everything that transpired between us last night I shouldn't expect her to be bubbly around me.

She starts the car engine.

"You want me to drive instead?" I ask. She pause for a moment to consider it before she gets out of the vehicle and we switch seats.

"Thanks." She tells me. Her voice is low.

I ruined her.

I miss her smile and I would give anything for her to ask me ridiculous questions or give me random hugs.

"You hungry?" I say as I pull out of the parking lot.

I use one hand to caress her thigh and the other hand on the steering wheel.

Something is troubling her.

She slouches in her seat.

"Stop at the pharmacy please" she finally speaks.

Pharmacy. Is she sick?

"I need to get something real quick" she adds. I don't question her about it, I'll just wait to see what she gets.

Couple minutes later I pull over and make a stop at Fontana.

Yanique's POV

I picked up the Pastinor 2 at the pharmacy before we arrived home. Lando has been hesitant to ask me what was the purpose of me making a stop there.

After that awful encounter with my mother at church I decide I won't be taking up my dad on his offer to stop by today so I'm at Lando's house now.

I walk to the kitchen and pour a glass of water then quickly swallow the pill.

"What's that for?" Lando appears behind me. He is undressed. That was quick , we just got back around 9 minutes ago.

"Pastinor" I say.

"So eager to get rid of my sperms " the way he says it makes me feel like he is ...not joking.

I roll my eyes and attempt to walk pass him but he suddenly holds my wrist and pulls me back to him.

"You know I'm sorry right ?" His eyes are pleading.

Why do I want to believe him.

"Yanique don't fight me on this one. If I could find the right way to say all of this to you I would. Babe mi would a tell you all you wah hear, but di timing is not right." He moves closer to me. This time I don't back away, I want to feel his body against mine again. Even if it is for the last time.

"Mi will duh anything fi mek yuh stay" his voice sounds so convincing. I want to give in but how can I ?

"Tell me the truth" I say.

"Come to Negril with me. I have a business meeting tomorrow morning" he bypass what I said like it is not worth acknowledging.

This is why we always bump heads.

"What about the truth?"

"Pack two bags and mek we leave please" he is literally begging at this point and one thing about Lando he doesn't take no for an answer.

He lets go of my wrist and folds his arms , awaiting my answer.

I wouldn't mind taking a break from arguing , and I have never seen him in full work mode so that would be great to experience.

Even though I know his intention is to get my mind off of what we have going on here so he can charm his way right back to me.

Either way it is worth the risk.

He raise his left brow as if he is running out of patience.

"Okay" I say and he smiles . This is probably the brightest smile I've seen on this handsome man's face.

"Pack something for the beach." He tells me as he takes a call.

The conversation sounds professional . I walk away leaving him alone in the kitchen.

I get to the room and begin packing my Burberry handbag. I make sure I have all that I need, even what I don't need too because you will never know.

I take a shower then get dress in my light blue jeans and a simple black top from fashion Nova.

It takes me approximately 20 minutes to straighten my hair. This is ridiculous, Lando keeps checking if I'm still breathing in the bathroom.

The way these jeans are tight I would be checking if I'm still breathing too.

I make a mental note to get new jeans.

I am almost finish with my brows. I won't be doing a full face since my hair took so long. No need to take up anymore of his time and the way he has been taking business calls I can tell time is important to him now more than ever.

"Yanique you nuh done build di house ?" He cracks the door open so he can steal another peek . I giggle.

"No ... mi need more cement and gravel" I tell him and he laughs vigorously.

Are we suppose to be this happy given the circumstances ?....I can't help but enjoy this man's company. He feels like my safe place , my person .

"I'm finish now" I say as I apply the lip gloss over my plummy lips.

Lando's POV

One thing fi a Christian girl , Yanique ago always get on mi fucking nerves with her dress code. The jeans don't even have space fi a ants crawl through.

During her long stay in the bathroom I packed our bags inside the Benz. Yanique finally decided to join me outside , and we are all set to leave.

Why it seem like every time mi fi spend some time wid mi woman a dat time something guh dung pan di lane.

I have received 8 missed calls from Lawrence , I'll return his calls when I get to Negril. Right now mi just wah easy back wid mi woman and get some work done. It has been awhile since I've been in Negril. I need to sign some papers for this new restaurant I'm opening. It has been in the pipeline for sometime and I am happy to share this with Yanique.

Mi hope Miss Elaine gets everything done in time for our arrival. I am planning something special for Yanique and I will be damned before I let anyone ruin it.

About 10 minutes into the journey I remember we didn't have breakfast.

"What you want fi eat?" I ask her. She is focused on her phone screen trying to stay distracted long enough so she doesn't have to talk to me.

I'm use to her being talkative so everything feels strange now that she is awkwardly silent but she is still here after threatening to leave , so I am thankful for that much.

"I'm not hungry ... I'll just wait until we get to Negril" she says underneath her breath.

She nuh hungry

That's a first. I hope she isn't saying this because she is still upset with me. I give her a concerned look.

"Yuh sure?" I ask.

"Yeah" she half smiles.

I see a fruit man at the roadside , perhaps mi can get her some fruits ... can't have her next to me a starve cause she suh fucking spoil.

I pull off of the road and make a stop in front the small board shop.

I roll down the window and the tall black old man stands up from his chair and walks over to the car.

"Bless" he greets me.

"Ah... mek mi get a pine , two orange and half a melon... oh two bakkle a di jelly wata mi boss" I say to him. He washes his hands first and then starts preparing the order.

He hands me the two bottles of coconut water and I place them beside my seat.

Yanique is shooting daggers with her eyes. Feisty yuh fuck ... she try nuh seh a word cause mi can already read her mind.

I finish collecting the fruits and pay him, mek sure mi lef him a change too.

We continue our journey.

Miss Yanique is having a feast . I try not to laugh at her claiming she wasn't hungry moments ago but mi and her know she couldn't hold out any longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 2.5K 31
Bad gyal a me dat A Jamaican Love Story Read to find out!!!
62.1K 4.4K 38
Innocent girl who falls in love with a troubled soul. Will he fight his way out of the darkness to hold on onto her? His light in the darkest days, h...
11.7K 550 13
Tracy-ann was a 16yr old girl from Clarendon Jamaica, when she was 7 years old her father sent her to live with her mom in America due to the fact th...
50K 3.2K 60
Love. Loyalty. Sex. Family. Friends. Business. Drugs. Crime and Violence. Underworld. War. Gang. Jamaica.