The Master's Problems

By MephyChan

Sonic is a student in a very prestigious college. The place where it can only be applied by rich and powerful... More

Chapter 1 - Bodyguard & Maid
Chapter 2 - Each Other's Struggle
Chapter 3 - Limitation
Chapter 4 - Unwanted Future
Chapter 5 - Searching for a Solution
Chapter 7 - Rant
Chapter 8 - Was it True?
Chapter 9 - Sad Maid
Chapter 10 - Rebellious
Chapter 11 - Serious Case
Chapter 12 - Rejection
Chapter 13 - See Through The Act
Chapter 14 - Self Aware
Chapter 15 - Lively Mood
Chapter 16 - Next Step
Chapter 17 - Brainstorming
Chapter 18 - Finding Comfort
Chapter 19 - Intimate
Chapter 20 - Best Guide
Chapter 21 - Making Sense
Chapter 22 - Final Decision
Chapter 23 - Head Servant
Chapter 24 - End

Chapter 6 - No Clue & No Mercy

2K 87 77
By MephyChan

Sonic went back to college the next day. While he was in his morning class, he almost couldn't focus at the lessons at all. His mind was too occupied with the thought of the horrible marriage while planning a way to get Shadow fall head over heels for him. He sighed and took a few notes down of whatever he could capture from the lecturer.

Mephiles glanced at him, he clearly noticed the stress in his friend. He decided to write something in a paper and sneakily passed it to Sonic. He was a little surprised but took the paper anyway.

"Do you want to talk after class?"

Sonic smiled and wrote a reply before passing it back to Mephiles.

"I'm fine, thank you"

Mephiles glanced at him again after he read the note, Sonic glanced back at him and smiled softly. The paler one sighed and nodded his head.

Before he knew it, the class was over. He gathered up his things and stood up from his seat. He stared at the entrance, he knew Shadow was waiting for him to come out but he wasn't ready. He was so shy to face his bodyguard with the thought of trying to make him return his feelings. He finally decided to step out, he exit the class and saw his bodyguard smiling at him.

He blushed and averted his eyes away, unfortunately Shadow noticed.

"What's wrong?"

"Uh- nothing!" Sonic smiled nervously.

"Is there something bothering you?" The bodyguard asked worryingly.

Sonic wanted to answer with the regular 'I'm fine' but he suddenly had this idea of a way to get close to Shadow. He wasn't sure if it would work but he decided to try it anyway.

"I feel...actually I feel dizzy" he sighed and build the courage up to lean himself on the darker hedgehog.

Shadow was surprised but he was more worried to what Sonic just told him. He took him in an embrace, Sonic actually felt weak that time and his legs felt like jelly. That was the closest he could be with his bodyguard.

"Let me take you home, you must've studied too much" Shadow said and carried him up in his arms.

"God, he's so strong" Sonic thought to himself as he covered his face in embarrassement.

"You seem to be burning up, did you stay up all night?"

"No, I didn't" the blue one mumbled.

"Should I call a doctor?"

"No! I mean- you don't have to. I'll be fine after some rest" he panicked a bit when Shadow was taking it seriously.

They finally reached the house and Shadow lead Sonic straight to his bedroom. As he carried his master up the stairs, Sonic was in a state where he needed to think of a next move to get Shadow close to him.

"Here we are" Shadow placed him down on the bed, "call me if you need anything" he smiled and turned around.

"Ah- wait!" Sonic said without thinking and made the bodyguard stop walking.

"Yes?"

"C-Could you...um.." his voice was almost inaudible that Shadow had to approach him, "could you stay with me?" He said after he thought it on the spot.

"As you wish" Shadow nodded.

"Would it be okay to ask you to sleep next to me?"

Shadow stopped for a moment from the surprising request his master made. He knew how to handle Sonic when he's ill ever since he got his job, but Sonic would never ask for him to sleep on the same bed with him. That was the very first time he had that request and it lowkey shocked him.

"I should be the one to ask you if it's okay for me to be that close to you" Shadow stated.

"I really need someone to comfort me right now...please stay by my side, Shadow" Sonic technically begged for it.

The bodyguard couldn't refuse his wish once he stated his reason. He finally went to the bed and lay himself down next to Sonic.

Meanwhile, Sonic could already feel his heart beating really loud. He was so nervous, he had a crush on Shadow for as long as he knew him and to finally have him sleep next to him was like a stupid daydream he would have in class.

Shadow laid on his side so he could face Sonic who also decided to do the same. He gently placed his arm around the smaller hedgehog and gave him the comfort that he needed. He brushed his back like a caring mother would with their ill child.

Sonic buried his face on Shadow's chest, he was so shy to even look him at the eyes. He could even feel that his face was heating up again.

"If there is anything else that I could or should do, please let me know"

"Thank you, Shadow...but this is fine"

Sonic actually felt very comforted by Shadow and was slowly falling asleep. He had one last thought before he drifted away into his dreams, the thought of his bodyguard slowly falling in love with him.

"I wonder if he get the clue..."

....
....
....

Mephiles was chatting with his friend at a small park their college had. He had his own struggle of trying to fall in love with someone and make someone to fall in love with him. He started easy and slow, he should be closer to his friend first and get to know them better.

"Ugh, like, when I know my mom wanted to pass her job to me I was super duper shocked! Like, can you imagine to have that big responsibility passed on to you in such a young age?!"

Mephiles wasn't one to complain about family business, his only complaint was about marrying anyone that could get in the way of his work. He decided to lie anyway.

"Yeah, that feeling bothered me so much"

"Man, I'm glad we could relate in some way! It's been weeks since our first day of college, you're pretty cool!"

"Thank you, you're not that bad as well" Mephiles smiled.

"Anyway, what's your family business? I already told you mine so you should spill it for me" the other said curiously.

"My parents are the owners of Art Complex Organization and Company"

The female light pink-furred bear gasped in surprise and sat closer.

"WHAT?! They organize the most important auction in the world! Most likely the biggest, most successful and most busiest auction ever! That's so cool!"

Mephiles only smiled and nodded as a respond. It was the time to finally judge her behavior once she knew who he's the son of. The girl suddenly scooted herself even closer and hugged his arm.

"If my parents ever want to arrange a marriage for me I definitely hope it's you they're inviting~!"

"May I ask, why?"

The girl giggled, "well we could spend so much time together! Watching and organizing the auction together, combined with my amazing economic skills and my parents' business we could earn so many money and go on exotic vacations!"

He knew she wasn't the one. He was a bit disappointed that she started acting that way with him, he actually thought she'd act better.

"I appreciate the thought, but it sounds impossible for me to be in a vacation when the auction never stops" Mephiles chuckled.

"Awww come on think about it! You deserve a break after all the hardwork!"

"Yeah, but-"

"Maybe I should tell my parents about you! What do you think?" She asked and leaned her head closely to Mephiles' shoulder.

"Uh...well..."

Silver stood right behind them and pushed the girl away from his master.

"Hey, what's the deal with your maid?" The female bear pouted.

"Master, you have an online meeting starting in ten minutes. I heavily suggest that we should get back to your home office"

Mephiles looked at his watch, did he always have a meeting at that time? Since he knew that Silver know his schedule more than anybody else and even himself, he nodded and got up from the bench.

"Sorry, I'll see you later" Mephiles smiled and walked away with Silver following behind him.

Once they were in the car, Silver finally spoke to him.

"Apologies, master, I lied"

Mephiles actually felt surprised, he never knew his maid would lie to him like that. Silver started the car and drove them back to the house.

"Why did you lie?"

"That girl was getting on my nerves" Silver admitted upsettingly.

"Huh? Really?" Mephiles never knew that his maid could actually get angry at someone else, usually he would be the only one reason to get Silver angry.

"Why?"

"Marrying you just so you could take a vacation? In the middle of a busy work day?! Are you serious?!" Silver started shouting and startled his master.

"H-Hey calm down, eyes on the road"

"Master, I know you better than ANYONE in that building. You are a busy mobian and you'd be even busier in the future! I know very well that you would never ditch work!" The maid argued.

"Seriously, I care about you and your work schedule. I even almost have all of them memorized! YOU ARE TOO OCCUPIED TO EVEN THINK OF GOING ON A STUPID-"

"Silver calm down! I understand! I won't get close to her again, I promise" Mephiles said out loud. He was trying his best to calm him down.

"Yeah, right, of course" Silver rolled his eyes, "the next thing you know she already brought her parents to see you"

"I will refuse her, you can trust me. Work comes first"

"Oh you bet it is. I will not go easy on you if you try to mess with your work. That is part of my job, I will not let anything or ANYONE interrupt you and ESPECIALLY that bear"

Mephiles didn't know what else to say. He was just so shocked but thankful to have a maid so dedicated to their job. Silver was very strict about his schedule and he was also very good at organizing them, it's like he doubles as a personal assistant to him. A very proffessional assistant.

"Thank you, Silver" Mephiles smiled, it caught the maid off guard.

"Wh- huh? I just nagged you, why are you thanking me? Am I not harsh enough with the nag?"

"Haha, I mean I'm thankful that you're just as hardworking as me" Mephiles chuckled, "I appreciate that, thanks for putting up with me and my hell of a schedule" he gave the maid a gentle pat on the head.

Silver blushed but kept his cool, he cleared his throat and nodded his head.

"You're welcome"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.6K 44
Sonic and gang start another year at their highschool. this year there seems to be a new student, who catches Sonic's attention. WARNING: SONADOW I R...
39.2K 1.4K 27
The rare creatures that were protected in a facility demanded to have a mate. Unfortunately, it's impossible to find a mate because of how rare they...
27K 791 25
(WEREHOG!SONIC x SHADOW) No idea what to put here... This is a Sonadow story. If you don't like it, don't read it. There will be strong language and...
7.8K 191 15
"I want you." "And I always get what I want." β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜… Sonic finally was able to go to physical school after being homeschooled his entire life. And...