Brighter Than The Stars: Book...

By oliviarose85

"We always have the North Star, M&M," Elijah reminded her. "It shines bright, just like you do. No matter whe... More

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝐵𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑜: ℰ𝓈𝒸𝒶𝓅𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝒟𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓎 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒞𝑒𝓁𝑒𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 & 𝒮𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓌
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒩𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓃 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓂
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝐿𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝑜 𝒜 𝐵𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝒿𝒶𝒽
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉: 𝒫𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒: 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐼𝓃 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓁
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝑒𝓃: 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒟𝑒𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒: 𝒞𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝑒 & 𝒫𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒞𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒟𝓇𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝑅𝑒𝓊𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓃
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒲𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽𝓎
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝐻𝑜𝓁𝒾𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒜 𝒲𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝐼𝓃 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝒞𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒞𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎: 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈, 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒪𝒻 𝒴𝑜𝓊
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝒢𝓊𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝒰𝓅
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈 & 𝐹𝑜𝑜𝒹
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐼𝓃-𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒪𝒻 𝒜 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓂
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝐸𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝒪𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉: 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒: 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎: 𝒮𝒾𝓃𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑜𝓈𝓈𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝐿𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒯𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒𝓃 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝐹𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒲𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝒜𝓌𝒶𝓎
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
Alternate
Alternate 1.1
Alternate 1.2
Alternate 1.3
Alternate 1.4
Alternate 1.6
Alternate 1.7
Alternate 1.8
Alternate 1.9
Alternate 1.10
Alternate 1.11
Alternate 1.12
Alternate 1.13
Alternative Direction To Version One: Part 1
Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 2
Second Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 1
Second Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 2
Second Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 3
Alternate
Alternate 2.1
Alternate 2.2
Alternate 2.3
Alternate 2.4
Alternate 2.5
Alternate 2.6
Alternate 2.7
Alternate 2.8
Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 4

Alternate 1.5

359 19 1
By oliviarose85

Madeline went through her closet, going through one option after another, unable to concentrate on besides the man across the hallway.

She'd wished for him, prayed for him a few times even though she wasn't religious, and thought about him every single day. Even after making friends of her own, and growing up, Madeline never moved on from Elijah. He'd never turned into someone she thought about only once in a while.

Yet in all the times she'd thought of him, it was never in the way she found herself thinking about him now.

The way he'd laughed so lightly and care-free when they'd stayed up talking. The way his energy filled her small bedroom. The way he'd been so open with her, talking to her as an old friend rather than a lost friend or the girl he once babysat. Madeline didn't know if it was just time that had changed Elijah, or his father's death. But he seemed lighter than he'd ever been.

If it was just his lightness she was thinking about, Madeline would be welcome to relish in it. Unfortunately, there was the issue of Elijah going from a scared shitless kid who'd disappeared from her life, into a man who seemed to fear nothing and no one. A man who was beautiful from the inside out. That beauty was difficult to ignore when she'd woken up against it, his arms wrapped around her in a tight embrace.

"You gonna wear that, or just stare at it for another twenty seconds?"

His voice behind her caused Madeline to jump straight into the closet, knocking down the entire pole in the process. "Shit!"

Elijah rushed over to her and balanced the pole, putting it back into place despite half her wardrobe already being on the floor. "Those must have been some deep thoughts you were having."

Madeline turned to look at him, noting his skin was still damp from the shower, his dark hair dripping, and his bare chest smack dab in front of her. It was like she'd been transported into the Captain America movie, so desperate to reach out and touch it, even for only the briefest of moments.

"Maddie?"

"Hmm?"

"You okay?"

Madeline tore her gaze away from his chest to look further up. "Yeah, why?"

Only half of Elijah's lips smiled. "You kind of look like you're going to faint again."

She realized there was a fair possibility of that if his bare chest remained this close to her. "Would you mind putting a shirt on?"

Elijah looked down at himself, stepped back, and his smile vanished. "Yeah. Shit, I'm sorry. I thought I grabbed one before I got in the shower. My bad."

He'd actually looked slightly embarrassed, but there was nothing to be embarrassed about. And 'bad' was the last word she'd ever use to describe a body like that.

She watched as he grabbed a piece of fabric from the very top of his bag and slid it over his body, covering the glorious sight she'd never be able to unsee. "So, what'd you want to do today, or did you already have plans?"

"No plans," Madeline told him. "We could go to the beach." So she could see his bare chest once again.

Elijah's smile returned. "Sounds good. Think your parents would let us take the boat out on the water, or did they sell it?"

Her parents would never allow her to take the boat out without them, but they seemed so happy to have Elijah back, they'd probably sign over the deed to their house if he asked them for it. Hell, they'd signed over a car to him all those years ago. "They still have it," Madeline confirmed. "And I'm guessing you could ask them for anything right now, and they'd say yes."

Elijah looked down and let out a quiet laugh. "I'll try not to take advantage of that."

The way he said the words, all Madeline could think about was having him take advantage of their generosity through her. It was enough for her mind to go hazy once again. 

~~~~

Elijah was already downstairs, staring out the window between the kitchen and dining room, a cup of coffee in his hand. Her mom was hard at work in the kitchen, preparing to feed everyone before she had to go to work. Her dad sat on the couch with his own cup of coffee, keeping his eyes on Elijah.

"He was doing fine until he looked over at the house," her dad explained, "then he just got quiet."

She supposed it was different seeing it in the light of day, despite all his terrible memories taking place under the cloak of night.

Madeline walked over to him, taking her time so as not to take him by surprise. When she saw his eyes move from the house to her, then back to the house, she knew it was safe to place her hand on his arm. "Tell what you're thinking about."

Elijah let out a slow breath, then took a chug of his coffee. "I was thinking about the last time I was in town. When I put your present in the mailbox, I looked over and saw his truck in the driveway, and knew if I didn't drive away right fucking then, I was going to walk in and put a bullet in his head." Elijah chuckled at his own words. Not his genuine laugh, but something more tired and haunted. "I had the gun, and I still had the anger to go through with it. I knew I would have done it without a second thought, but I didn't want you visiting me in prison."

Madeline tugged at his arm until he stepped away from the window and turned to face her. Her arms wrapped around his middle as her head rested against his strong chest. His heartbeat was the most beautiful sound in the world right then. And when he hugged her back with his free arm, she felt an overwhelming sense of security. Completely safe. Completely happy. "You're back. That's all that matters to me now."

His lips pressed against the top of her head, taking his time with the simple act. "I missed my M&M too much to stay away. All my M&M's." Then he whispered for only her to hear, "but you most of all."

"I know having that house next door hurts, and takes you to dark places. But I'll be there every time to push you through. Bring you that calm you need."

It took a moment for those words to register, but once they did, she felt his smile against the top of her head. "I'm going to hold you to that."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
140K 8.5K 110
Jordan and Dahlia have been best friends since they met on the playground at age 3. Follow their journey over the next two decades as life, love, opp...
15.4K 1K 44
Everything about Elijah that was worth loving walked out the door of his apartment with Madeline, leaving him little more than a shell of a man. No a...
180K 2.9K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...