Life's Unfair

redhotspot द्वारा

"Listen to me. Life is cruel and unfair. It only gives you one chance, so don't fuck it up." ~ ... अधिक

Authors note: Please read
Chapter 1: Tranquility
Chapter 2: Buyers choice
Chapter 3: Brat
Chapter 4: Levi
Chapter 5: A visit to the past
Chapter 6: Leaving the nest
Chapter 7: An old friend
Chapter 8: The test
Chapter 9: Scouts
Chapter 10: Equipmet
Chapter 11: Late night workout
Chapter 12: First expedition
Chapter 13: Stitches
Chapter 14: Stuck
Chapter 15: Rescue
Chapter 16: Talk with the Commander
Chapter 17: Captain's orders, Commanders judgment
Chapter 18: Small moments
Chapter 19: One cape, Two cups
Chapter 20: Hanges lab
Chapter 21: Erwins task
Chapter 22: A trip to wall sina
Chapter 23: Croissants and Cruelty 
Chapter 24: The final preparations
Chapter 25: Reflecting the Past, Changing the Future
Chapter 26: Mastermind Behind it All
Chapter 27: Dancing at gunpoint
Chapter 28: Times up
Chapter 29: Mood by the Moon
Chapter 30: Sensitive Subjects
Chapter 32: Speeding things up
Chapter 33: I want you
Chapter 34: Trust Builds, Lust Fills (nsfw)
Chapter 35: One Step Forward, 6 Steps Back
Chapter 36: Tears of Fears, on Hands of Dears
Chapter 37: Bath of Burdens
Chapter 38: Cleansing in Calmness
Chapter 39: Terrors only Peacemaker
Chapter 40: An Extensive Misunderstanding
Chapter 41: Reports and Retorts
Chapter 42: Boldness post Bickering
Chapter 43: Lifes Unfair
Chapter 44: Public Intertwinement
Chapter 45: A Gruesome Realitys Unrevealing
Chapter 46: Borrowing Bandages
Chapter 47: Loving Words and Bloodied Shirts
Chapter 48: Years and Tears
Epilogue

Chapter 31: Taking things slow

150 5 0
redhotspot द्वारा

Same day, during ride back to HQ

The horses happily walked along the lush thick grass, the blades being trampled underneath the moving hooves. Happy snorts could be heard and the soft ears danced around excitedly as the creatures moved, exited for their dinner once back home.

The young girls eyes traced over the landscape, her mind at peace as she watched the trees flowing lightly, the clouds moving slowly and the birds flying around joyfully.

Little did she know, the stone cold eyes of her captain watched her from behind, unconsciously tracing her figure.

As she admired the landscape, her eyes traced back over to the strong neck of her horse. Watching as the little wisps of her mares mane flew about, her muscles moving and her head bobbing slightly. She watched as Marleys ears swiveled around, listening to the sounds of nature and talk from the other riders behind her.

Approaching her from her right, Gunther matched her speed, shyly looking over.

"Hey... (Y/n)?" He asked cautiously, the young girl looking over to him.

"Hey." She smiled softly, the man's slicked back hair resting calmly on his head, trimmed perfectly to show off his reddened ears.

"Uh... can I have a word with you?" Gunther asked stammered, breaking eye contact frequently.

"Umm... yeah, sure." She replied sweetly, her eyes flickering briefly over towards her Captain who rode directly behind Gunther, wondering if he had seen this interaction, only to be meet with his icy cold eyes already watching her.

Quickly looking away, she bit the inside of her cheek as she pulled her horse aside slightly, steering away from the group but still moving forward. Gunther was quick to follow, though they hadn't strayed to far, still in range to be heard by anyone nearby, which happened to be Levi.

"I- uh... gosh sorry.." He chuckled awkwardly, "I know this is a bit out of the blue... but as far as I know, your single... so I wanted to know if you would be interested in going on a date with me? I won't be offended at all if you say no, I was just curious.." He finished doubtfully, unaware of the the silvery eyes staring daggers into his back.

(Y/n)'s eyes widened slightly as he spoke, her gaze shooting down to her horses neck, her brain processing what the man had just asked.

The girl paused, continuing to bite her lip as she thought of her next words, "Gunther... I really appreciate it, but I'm sorry, I'm going to have to turn you down... I just, I really only see you as a friend. But I know that took a lot of gut so I've really gotta hand it to you, thank you for asking but I'm sorry..." She replied thoughtfully, looking up to the beet red man who looked down in embarrassment.

"Oh... okay... I just- I don't... is there something.. wrong with me?" He trailed off, the green scouting cape flowing softly in the wind.

"What- Gunther no. No no no, nothing like that at all, your a great person and I really appreciate it but, I'm sorry I'm just not interested in you like that..." She quickly corrected him, smiling softly.

"But- you are single aren't you?" He asked, his eyes flashing back up to hers in desperation.

The girls lips parted slightly, her mind stopping, she wasn't even fully sure herself. Her eyes dashed downwards, her mind searching for the answer but coming up empty handed.

The man a few meters away watched her, curious to what she would respond with as well.

Looking back up to the man, she sucked in a breath quietly, "No... I'm not."

Gunther's eyes widened slightly, his embarrassment overrun by shock, not having expected that response.

From behind the dumbfounded man, Levi cocked an eyebrow from her response, slightly releasing a sigh he didn't even know he was holding. Though surprised by her response, the man could feel a sense of relief and pleasure from her reply.

Gunther's mouth opened partially, a swift flow of air leaving his mouth as a stutter, "I- but- who? I thought you were-"

Cutting him off was none other then the stoic captain himself, "Gunther."

The shy man quickly stopped his words from rolling out any further, turning to look at his superior.

As if trying to come up with a reason for grabbing his attention, Levi had paused for a moment before continuing, "Come help me with something."

Gunther glanced back at (Y/n) uncomfortably, quickly stopping himself from continuing the topic any further, turning his horse and walking to his captain for further instruction.

As the man walked away, the young girls eyes latched onto Levi's, his narrow stern glance softening just enough for her to notice. A soft smile appeared on her lips, hardly noticeable but silently thanking him, quickly fading as his attention switched to Gunther, naming some random task for him to complete.

With a soft sigh, the girl went back to her previous activity of running her eyes over the delicate nature around her, her mind running through all sorts of things. 

Time skip, back at HQ.

The girl lifted the relatively light saddle up and onto its stand, setting the girth on top as well as the pad, upside down to cool. The soft jingle of the metal clasps rung through her ears, the brown leather shining in the orange light of the disappearing sun. Soft gusts of wind blew through the barn, just enough to push through the metal bars of the horses doors and chill her skin, sending a wave of goosebumps along her arm.

Reaching over to a large bag resting plumply on the floor, she listened to the crinkle of plastic as she dove her hand into its material, searching around before grabbing onto the orange rough skin of a carrot, pulling it out from the bag. Breaking the treat into two, she handed the first half to her equine, the mare happily crunching on the carrot.

After the horse revived its second bite, the girl quickly rubbed her hand on her already stained pants, rubbing off the slight drool from her mare.

Walking to the stall right beside hers, she leaned her arms onto the cold metal of the stall door, dipping her head into the small room, her eyes catching onto her finger friend.

"Almost done?" She asked, smiling as Cora jumped slightly, not expecting her presence.

"Yeah! Just gimme like two minutes." She replied, tugging the large blanket onto her horse and buckling up to straps. Her gelding happily munched on the hay in front of him, uninterested in the people surrounding him.

"Take your time." (Y/n) spoke calmly, watching her friend move quickly.

As she watched Cora strap the sheet together, a low voice approached her from her right, "(Y/n)."

The young girl felt a butterfly enter her stomach, it's wings ticking her stomach in the best way possible, loving the way her name rolled so easily off her Captains tongue.

Quickly looking her to the man, her elbows still rested on the cool metal, her hands hanging towards the inside of the stall.

"Once your done here, my office." His voice spoke deeply, moving around the girl and walking away.

She turned her head so she could watch him walk out, not having even given her the chance to reply, her eyes studying the way he moved.

As her head moved back towards her friend, she was caught off guard to be meet with those emerald green orbs. The ginger wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, her elbow propped up on her horses hind end as she stood in an expressive position.

"Don't wait for me.. go on ahead... follow ya man'z." She smirked, flicking her hand up as her brows jumped up and down.

(Y/n)'s eyebrows sunk slightly, weirded out by her ginger headed friend. Shaking her head slowly, she turned and left, listening as Cora laughed from behind her.

...

After hearing a mutter of acceptance, the young girls slowly pushed open the old wooden door, her eyes landing on the dark haired man behind the desk. He held a pen in his right hand, scribbling something down, his hair falling perfectly in front of his eyes, the stands loosely framing his face.

As the door clicked shut, he finally looked up, nodding his head in the direction of one of the chairs in front of him, the girl quietly made her way over.

The dark room was lit by a few candles spread across, the small flame flickering lively. A faint scent of cleanliness filled the air, joining with the smell of old books and wood, a sweet scent she had grown to love, knowing it meant she was with her captain.

The man quickly finished writing his last words, setting the pen down looking up. His eyes joined with hers, taking in a breath and releasing it slowly.

Levi stayed quiet, his eyes still softly watching hers as he plotted out his next move, unsure what to say.

"I wanted to talk to you, because I wanted to get your opinion... on us." He stated calmly, his words catching the attention of his visitor.

After a brief moment, "Okay." She breathed nervously.

"Don't worry, your not in trouble." Levi said, pushing out his chair far enough for him to pull one of his legs up and over the other, resting it widely in his normal position, to which the girl let out a breathy chuckle.

"Is this something you want to go public about?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

"I'm not sure... I think for now at least, maybe keep it quiet. I don't think many people will be particularly happy about it, especially the commander. And while I don't necessarily care for their opinions, maybe for now we just see how things go, and once we are ready then we can tell. What do you think?" (Y/n) replied thoughtfully, a strand of hair falling out of its previous position tucked behind her ear, swinging down loosely.

"I think you make a good point. I don't mind waiting, though I also don't give two shits about what others think. So for now im fine waiting, if that what you prefer." Levi spoke plainly, the girl nodded softly at his response.

"Alright, so then, just for now, keep it low I guess?" Her voice flowed out softly.

The man replied in a simple nod, "I also don't want to rush you into anything, the last thing I want is to make you uncomfortable."

(Y/n) could feel those airy and graceful creatures return to her stomach, amazed at how soft and open he was being. She hadn't seen him speaking about such a vulnerable subject before, but he was so relaxed.

A soft smile made its way onto the girl, tugging at her lips lightly, "Agreed, I don't want that for me or for you."

"Then it's settled, we'll take things slow." The man concluded, his voice rather soft spoken.

(Y/n) smiled at this, feeling a sense of relief she didn't know she had needed from this conversation.

Sucking in a breath and sitting up straighter, Levi asked casually, "Would you like some tea?"

Her smile only widened, a puff of air escaping her nose from the unpredictable man, though that's what she loved.

"Yes please." She chuckled, watching as he stood from his chair.

As he moved to walk by her, she was caught my surprise when he ducked his head down in front of her, capturing her lips onto his in a short and simple form of affection as a finger tilted her chin up lightly.

Another smile was generated onto her face, tilting her head to the side slightly as she watched him walk by, starting to make the warm drink.

~
Thank you for reading, please let me know what you think and don't forget to like and such, it's super helpful ahah!

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

62.7K 1.6K 57
" 𝗟𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲." - 𝐘/𝐍 You are a member of the Ackerman Clan - an ancient...
532K 21K 123
[COMPLETED] "(Y/N), after everything we've been through, I have become certain of one thing. I love you. Having to stay away from you for so long onl...
13.3K 374 58
Nº1 #Leviackermanxreader 14.01.2024 Nº1 #LeviAckerman 14.01.2024 Nº1 #Leviackermanxoc 14.01.2024 Nº1 #aotfanfic 20.01.2024 N°1 #levixoc 20.04.2024 It...
205K 8.1K 55
"I feel like I've known you. I need to know who you once were to me." As an only daughter, Celine Austerlitz was given everything she could ever want...