All in the Game

By MorganWardle

𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭... Abigail Williams has a guarded heart. After denying herself lov... More

Authors note
Playlist
Prologue
Chapter one || New beginnings
Chapter two || The injury
Chapter three || This can't be good
Chapter four || Fired
Chapter five || Cake face
Chapter six || Wake up call
Chapter seven || Making dreams happen
Chapter eight || Welcome Home
Chapter nine || Mr. perfectly fine
Chapter ten || Well this is awkward
Chapter twelve || Double trouble
Chapter thirteen || Tough decisions
Chapter fourteen || Breakfast & feelings
Chapter fifteen || I can't trust you
Chapter sixteen || Making amends
Chapter seventeen || The vegan pasta debate
Chapter eighteen || Holy hell that's hot
Chapter nineteen || Secrets revealed
Chapter twenty || Gifts are the way to a woman's heart
Chapter twenty-one || I love you...maybe
Chapter twenty-two || Burnt scones & dates
Chapter twenty-three || What to wear
Chapter twenty-four || Party fun party
Chapter twenty-five || Wine & Gossip
Chapter twenty-six || Boyfriend & Girlfriend
Chapter twenty-seven || The outing
Chapter twenty-eight || Hospital fights
Chapter twenty-nine || Panic attack
Chapter thirty || disaster strikes
Chapter thirty-one || The call
Chapter thirty-two || I love you...not
Chapter thirty-three || A hard goodbye
Chapter thirty-four || One final goodbye
Chapter thirty-five || Third times the charm
Chapter thirty-six || The letter
Chapter thirty-seven || Is it really a choice
Chapter thirty-eight || Remembering you
Chapter thirty-nine || Here to stay
Chapter forty || Happily ever after
Epilogue

Chapter eleven || Forgiveness isn't so easy

4.7K 80 6
By MorganWardle

𝐀𝐛𝐛𝐲 

Fridays are chaotic due to the come and go  traffic of customers at work, however this Friday has been even more chaotic. The boys caught some virus and woke up sick, and my mom couldn't take them. So I ended up taking them to work with me. 

They sit at a booth playing while I take orders, and serve food to the hungry customers. But when Nathan walks into Val's, it's catches me completely off guard. 

𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒆𝒄𝒕.

Our eyes meet we stare each other down; he waves I look away ignoring him. He then has the nerve to sit in my section. Nathan knows perfectly well it's my section, because I used to work here back in high school and he would come here almost every night. 

𝑺𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒍𝒚! 

How am I supposed to serve him and tend to the boys without him finding out? I used to dream of a time when Nathan would answer one of my calls, and I would tell him about the twins and he'd come running back to us. After four years you start to lose hope, and I guess I did. I lost so much hope waiting for him to come back, and now that he's finally here I've realized that I don't need nor want him in my life. 

Glancing up from the counter he's doing a horrible job a pretending to look at the menu considering it's upside down. Do I really want to serve him? No, but I have no other choice. I can't let him know he's gotten under my skin. 

Hesitantly I walk over to his booth notepad in hands, ready to take his order. Even though I have it memorized by now. "What would you like to drink" 

"Abby...please hear me out." 

Great this again. When is he going to learn I have nothing to say to him? "By the way your menu's upside down." 

He looks back and forth between me, and the menu before placing it face down on the table. "Abigail..." 

"This is my place of work Nathan unless you plan on ordering please leave." I say coldly. 

"A water would be nice. Abby I—"

Quickly I walk away before he gets the chance to finish. Am I being mean? Probably but he deserves it, and if he wants to talk to me then he has to earn it. The bell above the door rings as Whitney walks in. Between all the chaos I had forgotten that today was only a half day of school, and that she would be coming in early to help. 

Whitney ties her apron around herself as she joins me behind the counter. Where I'm filling Nathan's cup up with water extra ice just how he likes it. Then head back to his booth and give it to him. His brows furrow, "extra ice?" 

"It's your favorite. What are you ordering?" 

Nathan pushes his menu away, "you already know." 

On my notepad I scribble a bacon cheeseburger with no lettuce, easy on the mustard. With a side of curly fries, and a piece of peach pie to balance everything out. At least that's what he used to tells me anyway. "That'll be right out." Grabbing his menu  I turn to walk away but he catches my arm. 

"So, how's life been?" 

"Ok I guess." 

I leave him again to put his order in. Watching behind the counter for a second his eyes remain glued to his phone, and the boys resume their playing. Whitney is currently taking orders for her section, meaning Val must be in her office. Turning to Tate I say, "I know you're busy but if you could please keep an eye on the boys while I go talk to Val I'd appreciate it." 

"Anything for you Abby." 

Pushing the door to Val's office open, she's rummaging around in cabinets looking for something. "He's here...Nathan is here." She freezes, "here now?" 

Nodding she follows me back to the counter. Nathan is still attached to his phone, or just pretending to be. Val beings to talk in a hushed whisper, "do you want me to go beat him up, or kick him out?" 

"No absolutely not! That would only draw attention and right now I can't have that." Val nods her eyes trained on the boys. "What are you going to do then?" 

Taking a deep breath I respond, "I'm not sure—" 

"What are the two of you taking about?" Whitney whisper from behind us. She must have finished taking orders. "Nothing," I'm quick to say. Though Whitney's a smart girl she knows when she's being lied to. "We are talking about Nathan Scott." 

"Wait...he's here?" She looks around finding Nathan who is still looking down at his phone. "Wait he's—"

"Shhh," finger on mouth I warn her to be quiet. "He doesn't know does he?" Shaking my head I look over to where the boys sit playing. "And I would like to keep it that way." She nods once understanding. 

Tate taps the bell telling me that food is done. Sitting on the counter is a bacon cheeseburger, closing my eyes I let out a deep breath. "Whitney..." 

"Absolutely not! I can't keep a secret to save my life." 

Picking up the plate I make my way over to Nathan's table. "Here," he inspects the food and smiles when he finds it perfectly made. His smile makes my stomach churn, and turns my legs to jelly. That's the smile I fell in love with, the smile that made me go wild for Nathan Scott. 

"You must have a perfect memory." 

"It's hard to forget when you would order it almost every day." I joke, "I'm honestly surprised Val never ran out of bacon cheeseburgers?" 

He laughs, "impossible they had to keep their number one customer coming back." He takes a bite of his burger and moans, and I have to bring my lips together to keep from laughing. "It's been five years and nothing will ever come close to Val's amazing burgers." 

"What the burgers in the city didn't live up to your standards?" 

Nathan swallows the bite in his mouth looking guiltier than ever. "Please don't be like that Abby." 

"Be like what? It's the truth Nathan." 

He sighs, "right, you are right I'm sorry. So, how's life?" 

He's obviously playing at something here, him coming here to my place of work and now asking me all these weird questions. "You already asked me that." I remind him. 

He runs a hand through his hair, which means he's nervous. I'm making him nervous. "Right...um so are you seeing anyone?" 

𝑶𝒉 𝒎𝒚 𝑮𝒐𝒅.

He can't be serious? Real fucking clever Nathan. "That is none of your business!" 

"Come on Abby don't be like that I'm just trying to make small talk." Small talk has never been his thing and we both know it. "Small talk...if I wanted to talk about life problems, I would go to a therapist Nathan." 

"Come on Abby." 

I stare at him anger building inside of me. Where does he get the right? "Four years Nathan it has taken me four years to get over you. How long did it take you to get over me, two weeks, a month?" He looks away from me. 

I go to leave; he grabs me by the arm again and gives me those damn puppy dog eyes of his. "Please stay," he whispers. 

Fuck how am I supposed to say no to that? A million excuses are playing through my mind of why I shouldn't say yes. "I..." 

"Ma'am another coffee?" Table two asks. 

"Abigail..." he's still giving me those eyes and my legs almost crumble beneath me. "I..." 

"ABBY!" My attention snaps to Whitney who is pointing at the boys chasing each other around Val's, and at table two where the customers are asking for more coffee. "I will be right there." I tell table two. 

"Give it back!" Ace yells chasing his brother around the counter, before running to me and throwing his arms around my leg. "Momma Baxter took my toy and he's not giving it back." 

"That's not true mommy." Baxter whines. "Is to," Ace screams again. 

"Boys you are causing a scene!" At this point everyone's eyes are on us. The people at table two decide their coffee to go isn't worth it, and get up to leave. "Baxter give your brother back his toy." He slowly hands the toy back to Ace. Relief flows through me that they finally aren't fighting. 

"Mom?" Nathan asks. 

Fuck! It leaves me just as fast as it came. This is certainly not how I expected him to find out, to be honest I had forgotten all about his presence. My eyes find his and they are more than shocked as he takes in the scene. Looking from me then the boys. I watch as recognition fills his face as he slowly puts the pieces together. 

"I think we should talk now." 

𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷𖧷

Here we go y'all are in for a wild ride. Nathan now know's how do you think this will effect things? As for Abby how do y'all think she will feel about Nathan knowing about the twins? 

If you're enjoying my book All in the Game. Please click the star and share your thoughts in the comments. I will update chapters every Wednesday  so be on the lookout.–Morgan 💕

And to enjoy even more bookish content and get even more info for my stories follow me on TikTok and Instagram: moe_lovesbooks 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37 10 16
Ethan wants nothing more than to escape his past and start over, but fate has other plans when he crosses paths with Abigail, a girl who won't stop t...
759K 47.8K 35
Formerly known as Hall of Fame / Peyton loves baseball. Losing his ace pitcher brother turned Santiago away from the game. Can she make him fall for...
2K 117 30
"I can't believe it's still happening." I smiled. He furrowed his eyebrows. "What's still happening?" "I'm still falling for you and I don't think I'...