Kai Romanoff

By waveylays

When Clint Barton found Natasha Romanoff that special day in Budapest, he also found her with a little girl... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Authors Note
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113

13

6.7K 187 39
By waveylays

With Peter handcuffed to Kai and Remus the group made their way out of the shrieking shack.
" Sorry about that bite. I reckon that twinges a bit." Sirius told Ron.
" A bit? A bit? You almost tore my leg off!" Ron said.
" Well I was going for the rat. Normally I have very sweet disposition as a dog. In fact more than once, James suggested I make the change permanent. The tail I could live with, but the fleas their Murder." Sirius told them.

Kai watched Harry and Sirius with an intense look.
" Are you alright Kai?" Remus asked.
" When I got my letter. Dumbledore mentioned that I was apart of a Wizarding family. With the last name Black." Kai told him.
Peter was in the middle of them struggling, trying to talk but Kai had put a silencing spell on him. One of the first spells Kai learned, just in case she needed for future purposes.

" I have to admit, after that night I did some digging. I talk to Dumbledore. I know who your parents are." Remus told her.
" Please don't tell me it's-" Kai started.
" No it's not." Remus shook his head.
" Thank god. Sorry, that's mean-but that's a lot of emotional baggage I just dodged." Kai explained.
Remus chuckled.

" Your father's name is Regulus. Regulus Black. He was two years younger than I was. He unfortunately died right after your suspected birth." Remus told her.
" So what does that make him to me?" Kai looked at Sirius.
" Sirius is Regulus's big brother. So uncle." Remus said.
" Does he-know that I'm-" Kai started.
Remus nodded yes.

" What about my mother?" Kai asked.
" Noah McKinnon. The youngest child of the McKinnon family. Her older sister and I were friends-but her and Sirius were very close friends." Remus told her.
" Is she-ya know?" Kai asked.
" Yes. Tragically her and her entire family were hunted down and killed by Voldemort in their house." Remus explained.
" Must have been after I was already in Russia." Kai said.

" The timeline of your beginning is fuzzy. But I'm sure we can figure it out. Friend." Remus told her with a smile.
" Thanks friend." Kai smiled back.

" Kai!" Hermione shouted.
Kai and Remus turned and saw the full moon starting to rise. Kai looked down at her cuffed hands.
" Oh fuck." Kai said.
Sirius rushed to Remus and held him and started talking to him. Peter turned back into a rat and Kai tried grabbing him but she pulled the other way by Remus. Her and Remus were connected by three sets of handcuffs, one now empty.

" Kai!" Harry shouted.
" Grab the key!" Kai shouted back.
Harry started frantically searching his pockets.
" Remus, I need you to slow down the process a little for me." Kai said as she she tried sliding her hand out of the cuff.
Harry found the key and rushed to her. He unlocked her cuff, wrapped his arms around her and threw them back. This happened just as Remus completely transformed and threw Sirius way back.

" Potter!" Snape rushed out of the hole and was about to yell at them.
He heard a growl and turned around and saw Remus as a werewolf. Snape immediately placed his hands back to keep the kids safe. Remus hit Snape and they all fell to the ground. Before he could attack Sirius jumped out in his dog form and tackled Remus. They started fighting and got further away from the group.

Then Sirius let out a loud and painful whimper.
" Sirius!" Harry shouted and rushed after them.
" Harry!" Kai shouted and went to follow but Snape stopped her.
" Romanoff stay here!" Snape told her.
" Why?" Kai asked.
" Your the only one I trust to keep these two safe while I go get help." Snape told her standing up.
Kai hesitated and look at where Harry had run off to then back at her friends who were scared and injured.

" Okay. Go hurry!" Kai nodded.
Snape started running back to the castle. Kai sat back on the grass and rubbed her temple. Harry had to be okay.

¥¥¥

Kai and Hermione stood over Harry as he slowly woke up in the Hospital wing.
" Harry?" Hermione asked.
" I saw my dad." Harry said.
" What?" Kai asked.
" He sent the dementors away. I saw him across the lake." Harry told them.
" Harry, they captured Sirius. Any minute the dementors are going to perform the kiss." Kai told him.
" You mean their going to kill him?" Harry sat up quickly.

" No it's much worse than that. Their going to suck out his soul." Hermione told him.
Harry looked at Kai and she nodded. The door opened and Dumbledore walked in.
" Headmaster you have to stop them, they got the wrong man!" Hermione told him.
" It's true sir, Sirius is innocent." Harry told him.
" It's Scabbers who did it." Ron said from a hospital bed.
"Jesus Christ I forgot he was here." Kai placed her hand over her heart.

" Scabbers?" Dumbledore questioned.
" He's my rat sir. Well he's not really a rat-I mean he was a rat. He was my brother Percy's rat then they got him an owl and-" Ron rambled.
" The point is that we're telling the truth. Please believe us." Hermione said.
" I do Miss Granger. I'm sorry to say that the word of four thirteen year old wizards will convince little of others." Dumbledore told them.

" He's right. They won't listen to us." Kai sighed.
" A child's voice is honest and true is meaningless to those who are not. Mysterious thing time. Powerful, but when metaled with dangerous. Sirius Black is in the top most cell of the dark tower. You know the laws Miss Grangers, you cannot be seen. And I would do my best to return before the last chime. Other wise the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, two innocent lives may be spared. Three turns should do it I think." Dumbledore told them before walking out.

" Oh when in doubt, I find that retracing my steps is a wise place to start. Good luck." Dumbledore said as he closed the doors.
" I haven't been here for too long, so pardon the question. But does that man always speak in riddles?" Kai asked.
" Yeah, what the bloody hell was that all about." Ron asked.
" Sorry Ron, but seeing as you can't walk." Hermione told him before pulling Harry and. Kai close.

She pulled out a necklace and wrapped the long chain around them. Harry went to touch the necklace and Hermione slapped his hand away. Then she turned the pendant three times. Suddenly time went backwards. The dark turned to light and people buzzed by them quickly. When it stopped Hermione took off the necklace around Harry and Kai.

" Why just happened? Where's Ron?" Harry asked.
" 7:30. Where were we at 7:30?" Hermione asked.
" I don't know going to Hagrid's?" Harry guessed.
" Okay. Come on, and we can't be seen." Hermione told them.
They rushed out of the hospital wing and outside of the castle.

They stopped right at the archway and watched themselves from earlier that day.
" That's us." Harry said.
" This is not normal." Kai added.
Hermione pushed the back into the archway.
" This is a time turner, McGonagal gave it to me, first term. It's how I've been getting to my lessons all year." Hermione explained.
" You mean you've gone back in time." Harry asked.
" Yes. Dumbledore obviously wanted us to use it to come back and change something in this moment." Hermione told them.

" Can it be that you should have beat the shit of Malfoy rather than just giving him a little love tap." Kai asked as they watched themselves.
" A love tap?" Harry asked.
" Yeah in my family that's just a little love tap. I promise I don't have an abusive family." Kai added the last part quickly.
" Hide Malfoy's coming." Hermione said.

They hid behind a rock as Malfoy and his friends ran past them. They came out form their spot just as their past selfs walked down to Hagrid's.
" Look Buckbeak is still alive." Harry pointed.
Kai thought for a moment.
" We have to save him. That's what Dumbledore meant when he said two innocent lives could be saved. Come on hurry before the Minister gets here." Kai told them as she started rushing down to Hagrid's hut.

They hid behind the pumpkins. Kai looked down and shook her head.
" It's honestly just lazy on how fake these look." Kai sighed.
" The Minister is coming we have to go." Harry said.
" No, he has to see Buckbeak first. Otherwise he'll think Hagrid set him free." Hermione stopped him.
" Like really what was the budget for these pumpkins?" Kai kept rambling to herself.

" There's Petter Pettigrew." Harry started to stand.
" Harry wait." Hermione stopped him again.
" Hermione that's the person who betrayed my parents you can't expect me to sit here." Harry told him.
" Yes and you must. Listen Harry, you're in Hagrid's Hut now. If you go barging in there, they'll think you've gone mad. Awful things happen to wizards who metal with time Harry. We can't be seen." Hermione told him.

Harry sighed but agreed.
" Fudge is coming." Harry said.
" And we're not leaving why aren't we leaving?" Hermione asked.
Kai looked down and saw a stone, the same one she saw earlier. She picked it up and hurled it at the open window. It broke the vase.
" Are you mad?!" Harry asked.
Kai ignored him and grabbed another stone. She threw it and hit Harry in the head.
" Ow, that did really hurt." Harry told her.

" It was just a love tap." Kai looked at him.
" Come on we have to hid from ourselves." Hermione said as they ran into the woods behind them.
They watched themselves. 
" Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?" Hermione asked.
" Shh." Kai pulled her back.
Kai's past self turned around and studied the trees. But soon enough they ran off and the three future Kai, Harry and Hermione resumed their position.

They waited a moment before making their move. Harry walked over to Buckbeak and undid the chain from the wood post. He tried to get Buckbeak to come with them but he wouldn't. Kai saw a dead ferret and lured him into the woods away from the hut.

They watched the Minister and Dumbledore talk for a moment then the executioner axed a pumpkin in half.
" So fake." Kai shook her head.
" Come on." Harry grabbed her hand and they ran deeper into the woods.
Hermione and Buckbeak ran in front of them.

" Okay what now?" Harry asked.
" We save Sirius." Hermione told him.
" How?" Kai asked.
" I have no idea." Hermione said as she continued running.
They rushed to the tree where the entrance of the shrieking shack was. They saw Snape entering.
" Now we wait." Hermione said.
" Now we wait." Harry repeated as they sat down.

" It's like a stakeout." Kai sat down.
" Kai-what did you mean back in the shack about not being honest with us?" Hermione asked.
Kai sighed and looked down.
" I'm a spy. A secret agent." Kai looked back up at them.
" What?" Harry asked.

" I told you guys I was from Russia right?" Kai asked.
" Was that a lie?" Hermione asked.
" No that's true. I am from Russia. I raised in a placed called the Red Room. A place where young girls are trained to become assassins. When I was seven the red room's leader fell, as did the red room. I move to the States with Nat-my adoptive mother-I guess. There we immediately joined another spy agency." Kai explained without all the gritty details.

" Kai-that's-I don't even know what to say." Hermione said.
" I know it's pretty heavy stuff." Kai nodded.
" What were you talking to Lupin about before he turned into a werewolf?" Harry asked.
" My biological parents. He found out who they are." Kai told them.
" Do we know-" Harry started but stopped once he saw Kai nodding.
" Dumbledore had told me that I was from the Black family." Kai told them.

" That's why you were staring so hard at the poster of Sirius at the Leaky Cauldron." Harry said.
Kai nodded.
" I was thinking, oh great it's just my luck that my real father would be a wanted murder. Then when I found out about him and your parents Harry, I-I couldn't bring myself to tell you." Kai told him.
" Well now that we know that Sirius is innocent you can be honest. Is he your dad?" Hermione asked.

" No. He's my uncle." Kai told them vaguely as she stared out into the distance.
Harry and Hermione looked at each other.
" We can stop talking about it, if you want." Hermione told her.
" Yeah, I'd appreciate that." Kai said still not looking at them.
Harry and Hermione nodded and they sat in silence for a minute.

" When I was down at the lake, someone made the dementors go away." Harry said.
" With a potronus. I heard Snape and Dumbledore talking about it. According to Dumbledore, it would've taken a very powerful wizard to do that." Hermione told him.
" It was my dad. It was him who conjured the potronus." Harry said.
" But your dad is-" Hermione started.
" Dead, I know. It's just what I saw." Harry said.

Another minute of silence then all hell broke lose with Lupin turning into a werewolf. They made sure to be unseen as they rushed through the woods. They saw Lupin about to attack Harry. Hermione then started to howl.
" What are you doing?" Harry asked.
" Saving your life." Hermione told him then howled again.
" Great now he's coming for us." Kai said.
" Yeah didn't think about that. Run!" Hermione said before bolting.

Kai and Harry ran after her. They hid behind trees and started walking backwards when they heard a twig snap behind them.
" Oh fuck." Kai said as they turned around.
They saw Lupin started to come towards them.
" I'll keep him busy you two run!" Kai pushed them behind her.
" Kai!-" Harry started but luckily Buckbeak stood in front of them and warded off Lupin.

Lupin ran off.
" You we're going to get eaten by a werewolf for us." Harry hugged her.
" Well uhh. Not actually-I was going to stab him." Kai said.
" What?!" Harry and Hermione both shouted.
" Not anywhere fatal. Just to wound him." Kai defended.

" The dementors-Sirius, come on we have to go!" Harry grabbed Kai's hand and ran towards the lake.
They watched as hundreds of dementors started sucking out Harry and Sirius's souls.
" This is awful." Hermione said.
" Don't worry my dad will come. Any minute now-right there, you'll see." Harry told them.
" Harry-I don't think-" Kai started.
" No he's conning." Harry said.
" Sirius is dying." Hermione said.

Harry ran out into the clearing.
" Expecto Patronum!" Harry shouted.
A blinding light shot out of his wand and blasted away all the dementors. Kai's mouth was open a gap. It was the most amazing thing she's ever seen. She looked down at Harry and couldn't help but stare at him in amazement. Again butterflies erupted in her stomach.

Wait-does she have a crush on him?

¥¥¥

The three flew to where Sirius was being held, broke him out then flew him down to the courtyard.
" I'm forever grateful. To all three of you." Sirius told them.
" You can repay me by answering some questions." Kai told him.
" You really are the spitting image of your dad." Sirius said.
" What happened that night?" Kai asked.

" Your father had disappeared. Typical of him, to choose Voldemort over his own family. He was a deatheater, and after he got that mark-he was no brother of mine. But Noah-Noah was innocent. Yes she was a Slytherin-but the only good one, with a good family. Noah had taken you-you only were about a year old-she took you to a safe house. With her parents, brother and sister. I couldn't tell you how you survived, or how you ended up where you did. We all thought you had died along with the rest of McKinnons." Sirius explained to her.

" Did Pettigrew have anything to do-" Kai started.
" He would have been the only person that would have know where Marlene and Noah were. Noah and Peter were close." Sirius told her.
Kai nodded as she took in all the information.
" Thank you." Kai said before walking away.
Hermione walked after her as Sirius talked to Harry.

" Are you okay?" Hermione asked.
" I've never been more grateful for Nat." Kai told her.

¥¥¥

Kai and Harry walked out of the castle on the last day of school. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining.
" Lovely day." Kai said.
" Gorgeous. Uh-Kai can I talk to you for a minute?" Harry asked.
" Of course." Kai nodded.
" I know that if this goes wrong that it's going to be so awkward between us tomorrow on the train-but I wanted to do this in private." Harry told her.

" Okay, what's up?" Kai asked.
" Well-the thing is-I-I like you so much Kai. And I'm not really good at this kinda thing but I was wonder if you maybe-" Harry stuttered.
Kai pulled him by his tie and kissed him. Harry's eyes widen and Kai pulled away.
" We won't see each other all summer. But if you still feel the same next year, ask me again. I promise I'll say yes." Kai told him.

Harry blushed and nodded.
" Come on, Scarhead." Kai grabbed his hand and pulled him towards their group of friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 69.4K 120
''I thought people always remembered their first kiss.'' Katariina ''Katya'' Petrova grew up with Natalia Romanova in the same institute, trained to...
18K 456 35
Kai Barton is the oldest daughter of Clint and Laura Barton. Kai was Clint's biological daughter, but when he and Laura married, Laura adopted her an...
50.1K 937 27
Kata Petrova wasn't always Kata Petrova she was once Kathrine Weasley-Potter the eldest daughter of Harry James Potter and Ginerva Molly Weasley the...
2.9K 115 18
!This story plays out like a week after Age of Ultron movie! The perfect killer, innocent on the outside and deadly on the inside. Days after the war...