Im a ghoul {aot and Tokyo gho...

By sleeploverrrr

"I'm not saying I'm an idiot, but hypothetically, if I assumed you were talking about me, would I be right?"... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (rewrite)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Season 4 chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 15

5.1K 196 44
By sleeploverrrr

Kaya didn't even have to move before she could feel the pain she inflicted on herself prior, that fall did a number on the ghoul. She slightly opened her eyes to see she was lying next to an unconscious Hange and tuned in to hear the galloping of horses. Kaya twisted her neck and heard a crack before looking down at her mess of a body, everything was out of place and twisted, if she found a scout looking like this then she would have ended their pain. Luckily, the scouts decided to save the ghoul and brought her back on top of the wall to heal with the others.

"Good to see you commander Erwin, glad you're here." The ghoul heard Moblit say as she also managed to notice Hange moving around next to her.

"Is the situation still the same?" Erwin asked Moblit.

"Yes sir."

"Good to know, right, deploy the lifts." Erwin ordered the troops.

Kaya observed the higher ups closer and saw Hange grab onto Moblit's leg, which resulted in the dirty blonde letting out a light shriek. "Don't just stand there, give me a map." The scientist managed to choke out. "It's a gamble but the trees in this forest are massive, I say we ride straight for it. See even if they made a cover for the armoured titans footprints, this is almost definitely where we would find them." Hange explained.

"Why's that?" The commander asked.

"They need to recoup, they have the power to assume titan form but other titans on that side of the wall still pose a threat, especially after putting up such a fight, yes Eren was the worst for it but they've got to be spent. Remember when Annie went out cold, let's suppose they're headed somewhere beyond wall Maria, that's not a simple hike, they'll need all the rest that they can get before covering that much distance. They're in no shape to do it in a single push and so they'll want to catch their breath somewhere other titans can't get to them. Odds are they'll hold out till dark. We have until sundown, if we can reach the forest by then, we might just have a chance to save them!" The scientist explained to all the scouts, garrison and military police alike.

Kaya on the other hand, tried her best to fix everything back into place and it was painful as hell. The thief tried to restrain her screams and managed to get to Hange while the other scouts were busy preparing for the task ahead. "Hange, I'm going too." The ghoul said in a vengeful voice.

"Kaya? What the hell, I thought you were dead?" Hange gasped.

"Ha, you think I'm gonna let some filthy titan kill me? I was in pretty bad shape, I'm surprised you even brought me back up the wall." The thief chuckled, but got back to her main point. "I'm going to get Eren back, I promised Levi I wouldn't let another squad mate die. My gear got destroyed on the fall, do you know where I could get some?" Kaya asked, determination present in her tone.

"A-ask Moblit, but you better explain everything when you get back!" Hange yelled as Kaya began to run towards Moblit and receive her new gear. Moblit was also in shock that Kaya was alive, let alone running and going on the mission, but he let it slide when Hange gave him the ok.

The ghouls expression was laced with determination as she rode her horse in the formation, Kaya wasn't going to lose another squad member, she needed to save Eren while she still had the chance.

"Be on the look out, all riders assume formation." Erwin commanded. Kaya stuck with Mikasa in the formation, knowing that out of all people, she was probably best suited to help her get Eren back.

"Mikasa, hey Mikasa, HELLO. stop pushing so hard, you're drifting up into the vanguard, you wanna break the whole formation? Look I know how you feel, but what did I tell ya, Eren's not gonna let those assholes get the best of him, without a fight, agreed? Kid just doesn't have it in him to give up, all we gotta do is have a little faith he'll hold on till the rest of us get there." Hannes reassured Mikasa, but also managed to slow the ghouls pace, who was also trying to push ahead.

However, the sudden ray of red smoke signals from all directs knocked the ghoul back to her senses. The whole armada stormed forwards, regardless of the swarms of titans that lay within the trees, letting out battle cries as they rode to their deaths. Kaya heard and saw an explosion go off from within the forest but couldn't make out if it was Eren, Reiner or Ymir.

"Eren and Reiners titans are too big to manoeuvre in the forest, it's got to be Ymir." The ghoul directed to Armin and Mikasa.

"We're out of time, soldiers disperse, enemy has assumed titan form, find Eren and get him out of there!" The scouting commander yelled.

All the soldiers went their separate ways into and around the forest, mps were being captured by titans left right and centre, they had to focus on saving Eren no matter the cost. The ghoul stayed close to Mikasa when they heard a titan scream that they soon followed to find the rest of Eren's friends surrounding Ymir.

Kaya landed on a tree near Armin and glared at the titan shifter. "Tell us where Eren is, we don't have time to waste." The ghoul demanded from Ymir who just ignored her and looked around more.

"Ymir, there you are, thank goodness you're all right." Historia screamed with tears in her eyes.

The ghouls mouth nearly hit the floor when she saw Ymir jump forwards and trap the blonde in her titan mouth. "What the hell!" Was all she could say before speeding after the agile titan. The thief was right on Ymir's tale when she saw Reiner and Bertolt in the distance and another flash of yellow before she was met with the armoured titan. On flat ground, the ODM gear was useless so Kaya quickly called for her horse and led the rest of the cadets after the titans in front.

"Those bastards!" Kaya yelled.

"This ain't over ya here me, I'll get him back if it costs me my life." Hannes added.

The ghoul saw Eren's eyes flutter open and the scouts began to get close enough to engage the ODM gear, however Ymir took out most threats from behind, killing innocent soldiers. Kaya swooped in regardless and swirled around the jaw titans hand, decimating its arm to shreds and diving towards Eren.

"Reiner, protect us!" Bertolt shouted, causing the armoured titans hands to close around his collar bone. The small gap left between his fingers gave Kaya the perfect chance to activate her ghoul eyes and death stare the cowering titan shifter, leading him to whimper in fear.

Kaya then landed on the armoured titans arm and was soon accompanied by Eren's friends who attempted to talk some sense into the traitors. "Quit struggling, it's not going to help." Bertolt shouted at Eren.

"Good luck talking sense into that one Bertolt, once something lights a fire in him that's it, getting him to calm down is a lost cause. Take my word for it, I've been on the receiving end more than you have. What do you say we teach him patience, cmon, show yourself." Jean taunted the titan shifter.

"Give him back, right now!" Mikasa commanded.

"Guys really, this is some kind of joke right? No way this is you, you've been lying to us this whole time. We were supposed to be comrades." Connie added.

"They still are, this is all just some misunderstanding." Sasha tried to convince.

"Where do you think you're even going, you can't keep this up forever, as soon as I see any weakness I'm going for the kill." Kaya threatened.

"Through thick and thin we slept under the same roof as soldiers for 3 years, matter of fact, the positions you would sleep in were art forms Bertolt. I'm not kidding, we all used to predict the weather with them. How'd you do it Bertolt, must not have had a care in the world, lying beside your victims and you slept like a log." Jean joked, trying to grasp onto any slither of redeeming qualities the two had.

"Was it all just an act to you? What about the way we used to talk about surviving this together. About growing old and looking back at it over drinks, remember? Was that all bullshit? Answer me go on, what was the point? What were you trying to do?" Connie pleaded.

"It doesn't matter anymore, shut up and focus on opening the traitors neck. Hesitate for a moment and we forfeit Eren. Who cares what they pretended to be, this was their choice." Mikasa countered.

"No you're wrong, who chooses to be this? Tell me." Bertolt cried out.

"W-what." Kaya asked in shock, not knowing the full extent of truth coming from Bertolt.

"What do you think I am, huh, what? You think this is what we aspire to be, people loath us, why wouldn't they? We're monsters, we deserve to die for the things we've done. We're lost, we could live a thousand years and never again know peace, try to imagine that darkness, the only light was our brief time as soldiers, it was never a lie. Do you understand? We're not who we said we were, but it wasn't an act, we genuinely thought of you as our friends. I'm not stupid, I know I have no right to ask forgiveness, but please, I beg of you, if we were comrades, someone find us." The shifter begged.

"That was quite the speech you gave there, almost made me believe you. But I think it's time you came to your senses and gave Eren back, your heart touching words won't change that." Kaya directed with a monotone voice.

"Give Eren back, I won't ask again." Mikasa warned.

"I'm sorry but I can't, one of you has to do it. One of you has to stain your hands with my blood." The tall boy answered.

"If you insist." Kaya was about to plunge her swords into the small gap Reiners fingers left until she heard a Hannes scream in the distance.

"Get down from there and take cover! The hells Erwin doing, he's off his rocker look!" The blonde below shouted.

The group looked ahead of them and a manic smile formed on the ghouls face when she saw a horde of titans following Erwin towards the armoured. "He's either crazy or a genius." The ghoul said in disbelief. The group then jumped from the armoured titan and fled to safer ground.

Reiner's titan was strong but not strong enough to take down dozens of titans at once, it wasn't long before he had fallen and was being trampled on by the titans. With all hope lost, he let out roars, calling for backup from other titans.

"Is he calling for backup." Jean asked.

"Not yet, but it will be. All soldiers charge! We've come to the moment of truth, mankind's fate is decided now. There is no future in which we reclaim these lands without Eren and there never will be. Go recover Eren from the armoured titan and retreat." Erwin instructed as he led the soldiers into battle. "Your heart and soul to the cause." Just like that, everyone's horses began to speed towards the titans and each soldier was prepared to die for mankind.

Unfortunately the titans were also ready for battle and they took out dozens of soldiers at a time, snapping them like toothpicks in their merciless jaws. Kaya tried to save as many comrades as she could, but she soon realised it was useless even trying, they were being grabbed by other titans straight after their relief of being saved. Instead, she saw Eren and used her horse to make a beeline towards humanities hope.

"Mikasa, you piece of shit. Get your hands off her." Jean screamed as he saved Mikasa from a titans grasp.

Kaya usually didn't have to worry about titans catching her, however today she had to avoid titans feet from crushing her and her horse, they were too interested in the scouts that the titans didn't avoid her like they normally did.

Just then, the ghoul saw a perfect opportunity to strike. "Shut your mouth hell spawn, I'll kill you!" Bertolt screamed towards Armin, who had a psychotic smile plastered across his face.

The thief took the titan shifters distraction to her advantage and used her gas to speed towards Bertolt, slashing his arms and freeing Eren from the ropes that bound him to the shifter. Mikasa managed to catch Eren after he fell from the armoured titan, however that didn't stop commander Erwin from trying to attack the colossal titan. The commander of the scouting legion managed to disable Bertolt by cutting off his arm, but soon fell into the swarm of titans below him.

Kaya didn't hesitate to save the commander from falling to his death and caught him, soon realising he had lost an arm. "ALL SOLDIERS RETREAT!" Erwin yelled once the ghoul had helped him back onto his horse.

The amber eyed girl had finally relieved some stress, however it all came flooding back when she saw a titan get flung straight in front of her. "He's tossing titans now, that son of a bitch has gone crazy." Jean screamed.

"No, it's like Annie, he's lost everything so he's grasping onto straws to get Eren back." Kaya observed. "Shit!" She screamed as another titan landed right on top of Eren and Mikasa. Kaya, Jean and Armin rode their horses towards the scene in attempt to save the two but were soon put to a stop when another titan was thrown straight on top of Kaya and Jean.

Jean croaked as he collided with the floor and Kaya's gear soon became broken when her horse was pushed into her by the gust of impact. The ghoul couldn't do anything but stand in front of the two boys she needed to protect and try to stop the titans from getting any closer. Armin was swinging his sword back and fourth, making any attempt at slowing down the inevitable. However, today wasn't the day that they were gonna die, the ghoul had other plans.

"Blondie, give me some of your blades." She demanded, unfortunately Armin got the wrong impression and hesitated.

"No you can't give up, we're still alive aren't we?!" Armin yelled.

"Damn it Armin I'm still fighting." She said with a reassuring smile, convincing Armin to trust her hand give her some of his unused blades.

The ghoul didn't miss the opportunity to snatch the blades and slice off the titans hand that was closely approaching the trio, the thief smirked. She their then ran behind the titan and used her enhanced abilities to jump and slice the nape of a smaller class titan, she smiled in triumph until she saw a much bigger titan approaching. It must have been about 9 metre tall, the ghoul couldn't just jump to kill it so she had to wait until it got to their level.

"Armin, hold your position and trust me." She instructed the blonde.

Kaya then waited for the 9 metre titan to crouch down and didn't waste a second before running towards it. The determind scout then jumped from its knee and up onto its shoulder, giving her the perfect opportunity to slice the titans nape. The group let out a sigh of relief, but it didn't last long when they saw a swarm of titans heading their way. Sure, the ghoul could take on one or two at a time without her gear, but a swarm wasn't as easy a she usually made out.

"Kaya stop, there's no way you can take them on." Armin pleaded with the ghoul.

"It's been a pleasure serving with you, but I think my time as a soldiers about to come to an end. It was fun while it lasted, tell Levi I said goodbye, will ya?" The amber eyed girl said with tears in her eyes. Most people would assume that she was about to sacrifice herself, but that's not exactly what she had in mind. Kaya was planning to summon her kagune and go full ghoul on all the titans, which in turn, would force her to leave the walls and find salvation elsewhere.

Kaya dropped the blades and was about to run towards the horde until she saw all the titans, from all directions come to a holt. At first she was confused and looked back at Armin, but their confusion only thickened when they watched all the titans run towards another titan with a smile across its face. "What the hell? They're killing it, all of them." Kaya stated.

Suddenly the titans all darted towards Reiner and Bertolt, leaving all the soldiers astounded by what they were witnessing. "Cmon, grab those horses we need to go." Kaya ordered as she picked up Jean and carried him to the horse Armin had collected. The three then made their way to Eren and Mikasa, with a spare horse.

"Eren, can you ride?" Armin shouted.

"Yeah." The shifter responded.

"Then hurry." Armin urged.

"I don't know what the hell you did, but you sure did it just in time." Kaya praised muttering a small 'thanks' after.

"All scouts retreat, this is our only chance!" Erwin commanded.

The group then went back into formation and rode back to the wall without any more casualties. The ghoul couldn't help but gaze at the magnificent sunset outside the walls.

.
.
.

Once back in the safety of the scouting legion headquarters, Kaya stuck to Eren as though he were on a leash, the thief didn't want Eren getting kidnapped ever again. The ghoul ended up sticking with him while he confronted his friends about the incident.

"I allowed myself to be kidnapped, it's my fault because of me the scouts lost over half their veterans contingents. All in a single rescue mission." Eren stated, not willing to look anyone in the eyes.

"That's bullshit. We flushed out the enemy from our ranks, they've lost the element of surprise. Our fallen soldiers didn't die in vain, they died saving humanities last hope damn it. Don't act like it was all for nothing." Kaya scolded.

"Even though we lost a lot of men, we didn't lose anyone on the way back. Me, Jean and Kaya managed to escape a horde when the titans swarmed Reiner. Hear me out, suppose they acted that way because of you." Armin questioned.

"Just a thought of course, but as far as an explanation, it's about as good as we've got. I'm not saying I envy the position you're in, if you're really worth the sacrifice, you better prove it. There's no time for second guessing." Jean elaborated.

"You're right, I have to be decisive. If this is real, if I can control titans, I have to plug up Wall Maria, then make Reiner answer for what he's done. People died for me, I have to earn what they gave." Eren clenched his fist.

"Quit acting like you're doing it alone, it sounds cheesy but you've got us here too. Like it or not we're comrades and we have each other's back, we have to be prepared to sacrifice ourselves if it comes to it, so you better treat us all as equals. We all have to plug up wall Maria." The amber eyed girl interjected.

"She's right Eren, it's not just your responsibility, I'm here for you." Mikasa reassured.

Kaya took all the peaceful and united attitude as her queue to leave the teens and go to her own room to rest. She knew she had to tell the captain about her sooner or later, but she still couldn't shake the feeling of dread and uncertainty that clouded her judgement. Besides, she'd come so close to revealing her secret to the scouts and the ghoul needed a break from the hectic day she had.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 2.8K 132
The underground is a violent and unforgiving place. With rivalry and limited resources heads are bound to roll. Y/N being a female of the underground...
7.4K 195 30
Y/N Yeager had been living peacefully inside the walls with her mother, father, and her little brother Eren. That is until she turned 15 years old. S...
100K 2.5K 37
you were born in a world of titans and ghouls. a killer you were back then, but after being captured by commander Smith, you became part of the surve...
6.2K 126 13
My name is Y/N L/N, and I live outside of The Walls. My whole life I have been hiding in fear from my worst enemies...Mankind. You might be wondering...