Love, Apple [On Hold]

By FatesBetween

Luka Ellis has a secret that he hasn't told any of his friends about, he's been getting anonymous apples in h... More

Why apples?
The question...
Wet and wild
What's wrong with Luka?
A girl called...
Little mistakes
Who are you?
Picture perfect
The decision
Stop and watch
Stalker request accepted
Online sensation
Meet cute
Lunch with Luka
Waffle in the sun
Au revoir
The hard truth
Drama 101
Old as new
Special someone
First night
Luka's pier
Close encounters
Friends?
Feelings & the future
Love, rejected
After
Why not Apples?
Self-made
Me and you
Her room
Luka's heart
Family affair
Coming undone
Dark, come light
Not friends
Dear, future?
Syker's future
Meet the family
Game night
Confrontation
Luka Ellis
The early bird eats the worm
Misery loves company

Luka's Apple

115 15 3
By FatesBetween

Luka kept the radio to a minimum on the drive back to the dorms, with Apple in the passenger seat, all he could think about was how the hell he was going to explain this to Jake, who had no idea who Apple Brady was to Luka.

What was she to Luka? He couldn't answer that question to save his life, all he knew is that he was spending time with her, and he liked it, it doesn't mean that he had a crush on her, he was getting to know her and that's all there was to it.

He couldn't deny that Apple was indeed very pretty, he'd be a fool to try and hide it from anyone, he wondered how he had never noticed her before, even in the halls, how could he be so ignorant of his surroundings? 

The more he sneaked glances at Apple in the corner of his eye, the more he felt weird about this situation, did he like her? Was he starting to like her? The feeling was completely new, he had been so used to not having a girlfriend that he'd forgotten the feeling entirely of how it felt to truly like someone who isn't a friend or family.

This was probably the worst time ever to think about how he felt, when so much was happening around him, from his sister's new situation, to his parents getting back together, not to mention the game in a few days where scouts will be there to decide his future.

Too much was on the line, he had to keep his head in the game.

First things first, he had to persuade Jake to let Nat stay, just until after graduation, then his sister will have something lined up, she always does plan ahead, much like Luka she never let anything put her down for long, she always bounced back even stronger.

"What's your sister like?" Apple asks Luka.

Luka smiles. "Annoying." He says. "She's my twin yet we have nothing in common, you'd see for yourself when you meet her."

When he realized what he said he looked at Apple to see her deep in thought.

"That's if you want to, you can wait in the car if you don't want to come in." He quickly adds.

"Alright." Theirs a pause. "I..I'll come... in."

Heh, I wasn't expecting that, he thought to himself, he was hoping she'd stay in the car, not wanting her to see the drama that is definitely about to erupt once Luka gets to his dorm room.

Luka parks the car in his spot outside the dorm rooms and turns off the car, then grabs his jacket from the backseat, while Apple unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door to get out.

Once out of the car, it was cold, it had gotten a lot darker in the past thirty minutes even though it was only five PM, which meant Jake has been home for about an hour, Luka had to wonder what the hell he missed once he found his sister in the apartment.

Jake had a thing for his sister but knew how Luka felt about him and his sister, but if something were to happen between them, it's not like he'd be uncomfortable with the idea of them together, that's his best friend and his sister, two people he cares more then anyone else.

Luka opened the door for Apple, letting her in first then he led her to his dorm room with his key and phone in hand, as he sends a quick text to Jake that he was here and on the way up.

Pressing the button to the elevator, Luka couldn't help but feel like he was nervous about bringing Apple back to his apartment, the more the tried to control himself the more he sneaked glances at her.

She was small, pale, with long brown hair, her eyes were big, innocent big, she had full lips that were slightly redder than usual, and the more he stared, the more he couldn't turn away from noticing every freckle, line, and shape of her face.

She was beautiful, damn she was, and thought made him feel like he was going insane, this was an insane situation, the way they both met was crazy enough, now he's feeling things he knows are totally messed up, especially in their situation.

Even though she was there, with him, he knew she was too good to be there, he saw where she grew up, that house, she had money and lots of it, the books she had in her bag the first time he met her, they weren't books of a student, yet he noticed.

Apple was smart, beautiful, and unique, but she was also an outcast, nobody but the swim team had noticed her, she kept a low profile and that was something Luka couldn't fathom, even if he wanted to go unnoticed, people would still see him.

Why did nobody see you? Why am I seeing you? He wanted to ask her, but the questions sounded beyond stupid, so he didn't, and the elevators doors opened.

"This might get crazy." He tells her the truth.

He saw her smile nervously as he led her to his dorm room, keys in hand.

Room 307, his and Jake's room. 

Opening the door it was surprisingly quiet, too quiet, plus the room was dark, when he turned the lights on there was nobody there, not his sister nor his roommate, and now he was really confused.

It had only twenty minutes to get here, and Jake would've texted him if he went out, same with Nat, so it made no sense that they'd just go without saying anything to him, especially since Nat knew where Luka would be.

Just then, Luka's phone buzzed in his hands, when he saw what it was, Jake had texted him.

J: We went to grab Chinese, on our way up now

Sighing out, Luka went and closed the door behind them then looked at Apple, who was looking around the room like a scared kitten, he thought it was cute, her blushed cheeks and wild eyes never looking in one direction too long.

"They're on their way. Do you want a drink?" He asked, going to the fridge.

"Um, sure." She says, quietly.

He saw her from the corner of the fridge door, she was standing in the middle of the room, clearly uncomfortable, that made Luka laugh, it had been a long time since he'd met something this shy.

"You can sit you know, nothing will bite you." He said. "Unless you go to Jakes room, then I'd suggest you get checked out for an STD." He joked.

She laughed quietly and found a place to sit on the end of the sofa, Luka gave her a cola and sat down next to her with his drink, also a sugar-free cola.

"Sorry about this, I didn't know they'd go grab food, I was half expecting to come home to them both fighting." He said, rolling his eyes.

She chuckled and nodded her head, understanding. 

"It's fine, I don't mind." She said.

Luka was about to ask her if she was hungry, but the front door slammed open making Luka turn his head towards the door, then he sees his obnoxiously loud roommate and his sister trailing behind him, with white bags of food in their hands.

"YO!" Jake calls out. "We back, with the good shit." He says, grinning at Luka.

"Took your time." Luka said, putting his drink down. "Did you really need that much food?" He asked, noticing there was way too much food for two people.

"We got some for all of us, figured you'd be hungry." Nat said, her eyes going from Luka to Apple's.

OH, I see what they just did, he said to himself, his sister, she told Jake where he was and who he was with, she set him up to come back with Apple, so she could be nosy and meet her.

His eyes landed on Nats and said 'we'll talk about this later' her eyes told him 'whatever' as she rolled her eyes.

"You must be Luka's Apple." Jake says out loud, directed at Apple, making the room go silent.

Luka's Apple? I'm definitely going to kill Nat. Luka looked at Apple and saw her hide her face, red was peaking through her fingers as her eyes landed on Luka for help, and even though he was pissed at his sister for telling Jake, and Jake for being a big-mouthed idiot, he loved seeing her like this.

"Knock it off." He tells the both of them roughly then looks to Apple.

"Do you want to stay?" He asked her, noticing how uncomfortable she was now that Jake and Nat were in the room.

Nat came around the sofa and brought the food, placing it on the coffee table, she was smiling from ear to ear as her eyes danced to Luka then to Apple, who looked like she didn't know where to look with everyone staring at her.

"Please stay!" His sister begs, looking at Apple. "Don't leave me here with this meathead, I'll go crazy!" She says, hinting at Jake.

Jake scoffs. "Meathead? I'm not a meathead!" 

The food smelled amazing, but it was Apple's choice, if she wanted to go then they'll go, he wanted to get to know her, and if that meant leaving, he was all for it, he didn't exactly plan to bring her here where his best friend and sister would be, knowing how nosy and annoying they both are.

"Sure.." She clears her throat softly. "I-I guess we can stay?" She says, looking to Luka.

He sighs out loudly, then glares at Nat and Jake, sitting opposite them with smug-looking smiles he wants to wipe off, mainly by kicking them out of the dorm, without the food they brought, just to teach them a lesson.

"Fine, but we pick first." He says, going into the bags of food and getting the Chinese boxes out.

He hated that they'd won, but he was lowkey happy that he no longer felt like he was hiding Apple from his friends, or his sister, even if it was unplanned and not part of tonight, he thought maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250 29 21
She's quiet. She's reserved. She minds her own business. She keeps herself within her circle of friends. ●●● He's popular. He's loud. He's friends wi...
280 2 11
Nick Ryan is alone. Simply put. Being a tall, smart, dirty blonde in a sea full of stupid people is tough, especially when you get bullied all the ti...
149 0 61
A girl who doesn't let anyone in. A guy who lives every day for himself. An inexplicable attraction. Hi all! Some of the topics touched on in this s...
36.3K 4.5K 59
Previously known as 'Hope'. Completed √ "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness" Everyone has a story. Some choose to...