Once Upon An Assassination At...

By fanfic_writer707

Kamisato Ayato fanfiction. Kurimiya Sora had a dangerous mission with one purpose; Kill the head of Kamisato... More

Chapter 1 | The first attempt
Chapter 2 | A deal
Chapter 4 | Woof
Chapter 5 | A friend
Chapter 6 | Kunai
Chapter 7 | Lost
Chapter 8 | New discoveries
Chapter 9 | A familiar face
Chapter 10 | Velikaia
Chapter 11 | Blast of pain
Chapter 12 | Recuperating
Chapter 13 | Vision
Chapter 14 | Housewife
Chapter 15 | Picnic
Chapter 16 | Eloping
Chapter 17 | Journey
Chapter 18 | Abyss sauce
Chapter 19 | Realisation
Chapter 20 | Retribution
Chapter 21| Ragbros
Chapter 22 | Moonlight alley
Chapter 23 | Nostalgic snow
Chapter 24 | Lu Wei
Chapter 25 | Tranquility
Chapter 26 | Snow
Chapter 27 | Back to inazuma
Chapter 28 | Hiiragi Genji
Chapter 29 | Poisoned
Chapter 30 | Goodbye
Chapter 31 | End of Contract
Chapter 32 | Once again
Chapter 33 | Eons
Chapter 34 | Kamisato estate
Chapter 35 | Frozen
Chapter 36 | Your name
Afterwards: part one
Afterwards: part two

Chapter 3 | Housekeeper

2K 73 71
By fanfic_writer707

UNEDITED

"Have you heard of the traveller, miss assassin?" Kamisato Ayato inquired from behind a mountain of paperwork that was sitting on his office table.

It had been a few days since we laid out the terms of the contract, and I had been waiting for him to contact me.

"Yeah, I have. I heard the traveller helped a lot around with the festival. Lumine, is her name?"

"Yeah. And our work begins with her and the iorodi festival." I could see his hair sticking out from behind the pile of papers, and frowned.

"The festival due to which you haven't stepped out of here for days?"

"That's right," he said, placing a bundle of papers away from his face. Now that I had a closer look, he appeared to be exhausted. Three days without any proper rest or food would do it to anyone. Yet somehow he still had that air of elegance.

"So what should I do, commissioner?"

"Familiarise yourself with my people."

"Huh?"

"Oh, right, where are you staying now, miss assassin?"

"Out." I folded my arms and leaned against a chair across him.

"Which place?"

"Outside." I pointed out of the window. "Usually the chinjuku forest."

For once, Kamisato Ayato appeared to be baffled at my choice of sleeping quarters.

He sighed, rubbing his forehead. "You aren't from around here, miss assassin?"

"I don't think I have to reveal that to see you."

He looked at me impassively, like someone scolding a child.

"But it is true that I don't reside in this island."

"Oh, my.."

"What?"

"Stay at the Kamisato estate from now on. As I said before, familiarise yourself with my people."

"Why-"

"It's necessary for the plan. Hold up your end of the deal and I will hold up mine."

"So I should work for you or something?"

He smirked then, the playful expression making me grimace.

What was he planning now?

"I have the perfect job for you."

"I strongly doubt that, commissioner."

"Hm.." he gazed intently at me, observing my attair. "Let's find out. Thoma."

At the mention of his name, the renowned housekeeper of the Kamisato clan came through the door, a tray with teacups on his hand.

"Yes, waka?" He placed the tea on the table and Ayato took a sip.

"This is the new help I've hired. Kurimiya Sora. Take care of her and teach her anything she needs to do."

Was he kidding?

He had to be.

"You want me to be your housekeeper- sir this is hardly-"

He smiled, and I glared at him. "why, you can't do it?"

"Who said I can't? I can definitely..wait a minute.." this sly fox..he tricked me.

"Don't worry. You'll also be helping me with some paperwork as well."

"You..sir, this isn't free labour."

"I'll pay you more." All hail sweet mora..

"I'll do it."

Thoma laughed at our interactions, and smiled at me. He didn't tell him..

"Let's get started right away then, Kurimiya-san."

I groaned, but I went with him anyway. The next few days were a continuous torture of cleaning, cooking, and fetching documents from various islands. And a bit of stalking.

Today, I had to deliver some important documents regarding the Iodori festival.

"I'm coming in, sir," I informed him, before jumping in through the window. This time, I didn't land on his tea.

"Sir, look I didn't land on your-" Ayato was laying on the table, his arms folded under his head. His long lashes cast shadows on his pale skin, and his breathing was soft. He was sleeping peacefully, yet the dark circles under his eyes made it painfully obvious that he was exhausted.

The wind swept a strand of his hair on his face, and without thinking much, I brushed it away. As I did so, his eyes fluttered open, surprise reflected in them. I jumped back, startled.

"I wasn't- I didn't- the hair was-"

"I know you weren't trying to hurt me, so relax, miss assassin." He chuckled then, his voice still husky from sleep.

"You shouldn't trust so easily. Though it's true that I wasn't trying to hurt you just now, I'm someone who tried to kill you not long ago. I'm someone that kills people. You have people you need to protect, so don't give your trust to someone like me."

"Kurimiya-san, you speak as if you are alone in the sentiment. It applies to me as well, as the head of Shuumatsuban." He rested his chin on his hand.

"But that's different. You kill criminals to protect."

"Isn't that the same for you? I've done my research," he said, leaning against his arm. "All people you've assassinated are criminals. Isn't that why you couldn't kill me?"

"It's.. you're infuriating, sir."

I placed the documents on his table and he yawned.

"You should get more sleep."

"No. I've slept enough. Would you help me with these documents? There's some calculations in those account books that don't add up." He shoved a pile of books at me.

"You really work people to the bone," I informed him before taking the books. There were a lot of calculations and it looked like whoever managed these books were pretty careless.

After I was done correcting all, I placed them on his table. He looked up, surprise evident on his features.

"What? I'm done."

"You finished all?" He asked, and I glared at him.

"Yeah I did. You can check."

He did as I asked, and chuckled when he finished. "You may be more talented at this than I thought. You must've been well versed in academics."

Though that is now a distant memory..

"I don't study."

"Hm?"

"I just read some books."

"Either way, you're quite skillful. I should make you help me more often."

"Please don't get any ideas," I groaned.

"Why? I'll pay you."

"Infuriating."

"What?" He looked up from his papers.

"I said how wonderful, sir." I plastered a smile on my face.

"It is indeed. And it's been a long time since we've been cooped up in here." We could see from the window that the sun had long set. The evening glow was soon fading into the dark night.

"You mean it's been a long time for you. You practically live here these days."

"It is my duty."

Duty. A sense of belonging. Something I couldn't fathom having.

"..Kurimiya-san."

"Huh?"

"I've been calling your name."

"Sorry. I was lost in thought. What did you say, sir?"

Ayato pushed some documents into the drawers, and ran his hand through his hair.

"We're going out."

"We are?" My eyes practically sparkled at the thought of getting out of this place for once. "Are we going to tail the guy I told you about? Did we get a lead on him? Or is it some other assassins?"

"We're just going to eat."

"Oh."

"And to check up on the work I had you do. It's the final part of the job."

"You mean the Job where you had me stalk the traveller and her friends these past few days? And deliver strange eerie messages?"

"Eerie?" He asked thoughtfully, a hand on his chin. "I thought they were poetic, were they not?"

"If anything they were creepy."

"Did you check out the iorodi festival yet, Kurimiya-san?" He changed the subject, a drooping smile on his face.

"No."

"Then let's do that now. We have some time left before the traveller shows up as well."

"You should go with your family and friends."

"I already went with them earlier. Why, do you not want to go?"

"That's not it.." I averted my gaze from his piercing stare.

"Hm?"

"I've never been to one."

"Iodori festival?"

"Festivals. I haven't been on any." I let out a nervous laugh. "It's strange huh? I guess I'm used to watching from the shadows."

"It's not strange. Now come on, Kurimiya-san. There's a drink I would love for you to try."

Oh no.

**********************
Hi there, thanks for reading. Hope you all ayato wanters will become ayato havers

Votes and comments are appreciated. See you on the next chapter! (ノ゚0゚)ノ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.3K 1.5K 27
! cover art - @yuunai on twittter, go follow/support the artist!! ! "You, Thoma, are my most important priority." Stated Ayato, the sincerity blazing...
222K 8.5K 42
Was it fate or was it all accidental? Were you born only to be raised in a faraway nation by the Electro Archon? Perhaps it was fate... to be raised...
281K 8.6K 49
"๐€๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐’๐„๐‘๐•๐ˆ๐‚๐„, ๐Œ'๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐˜." ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐˜๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ซ๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐ก๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. ๐€ ๐ซ...
7.3K 170 23
( this is my first time writing on wattpad, so please don't judge me TOO much) Y/N L/N was a childhood friend of Kamisato Ayato. Ever since they were...