Love will still remain

By 24601Phantasy

Face it, we all want to know what it would have been like if Christine and Erik had a daughter, so instead of... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Authors note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Sorry...
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Not an update
I'm baaaaaack!

Chapter 26

705 35 8
By 24601Phantasy

Christine's POV

My face pales, and I quietly turn away from Gwen. She here. My best friend is here. I forgave her for what she did a long time ago, and I'm glad to know she's alive. I'm just concerned about what she will think of me. I glance down at the gold band on my left hand. I'm engaged to the man she fell in love with. This whole situation feels wrong. I don't think she will want to see me. Nevertheless I begin to ascend the stairs, each step bringing me closer to Meg.

With a shaky hand I knock on the door of the guest room she is in. Nadir opens the door, but only enough to allow him to slide out so I don't see anything. "Christine," he says softly. "Perhaps you should wait a while befo-"

"How is she?" I cut him off. I have to know she's okay. Nadir takes a deep breath.

"Not so good, I'm afraid." He runs a hand through his thick hair. "It's so sad..." he mutters to himself. I can't help the few tears that escape my eyes.

"Please... let me see her." I beg. He lets out another deep sigh.

"I-I'll have to ask Erik... He's tending to her now." I nod in agreement, the wait as he slides back into the room. He canes back a few moments later. "You may come in." He looks so hesitant, but I quickly brush past him and into the dim room. Erik is cleaning some cuts that are along two thin arms. My heart sinks as I see Meg's face. It's pale and evident that she hasn't slept well in a long time. Her once shiny gold hair was ratty and limp. Her eyes were closed and her shaky breathing was even. Tears welled up in my eyes seeing her like this. I quickly move to her side and grab her cold bony hand. I let a few tears fall then look up to Erik who has a hard look on his face.

"She can stay until she is recovered, but I am notifying the police she has been found. She'll need to figure out where to go from there." He turns to leave but I quickly stand up and turn him to face me. I make sure we are far enough from the bed so we don't wake her.

"You can't be serious!" I whisper yell. "We can't just throw her out onto the streets! Erik, look at her! She needs us, we can help!" More tears stream from my eyes at the thought of my helpless friend out alone on the streets. Erik reaches out and tenderly wipes away my tears.

"Angel I'm going to do all that I can for her, but don't think that for one second I could forgive her. Not after what she did to you. What she tried to do to Gwen." He leans in to kiss my forehead but I turn away. He closes his eyes and let's out a deep breath. "You can be mad at me, but my decision is final. I'm doing this to protect my family. You just need to understand that." With that he leaves the room, Nadir following behind him. I walk back over the bed and sink into a chair by Meg's side. I could never leave my friend. I don't care what she did in the past, I know there is still good in her. Erik just doesn't understand how to forgive, but he will.

Erik's POV

Christine just needs some time to calm down. I can see why she is upset with me, but I'm doing this for her good. Once she realizes that everything will be ok. I can't help but feel bad as well. I know what I did, and what I'm planning to do is harsh, but I can't risk something like the shooting happen again. I will not jeopardize my family like that. I just hope Christine can come around soon. I don't want her to be mad at me. We just got engaged, after all.

I decide to get Christine a book to read as she waits for Meg to wake up. It will be like a mini peace offering. I slip into the library and choose a book. As I'm walking out I notice Gwen curled up on the couch, fully engrossed in a book. I turn and sit by her. She glances up, then returns to reading. It stings a bit, but I brush it off. I wish I had a good relationship with my daughter, but I just don't. We both push people away. It's our thing. I just never realized how much it could hurt being the one who is pushed away. After the singing incident things were never the same between us. I know I can fix her stuttering, if only she'd let me. I've been trying to write Gwen a song, but I just can't seem to get it right. I don't know I'm going to do.

"What are you reading?" She glances back up at me.

"Peter pan." And just like that she's back to the book. Teenagers.

"I'm familiar with the story." I say, trying to get her attention again. She looks up once again and closes the book. Success!

"It's one of my favorites." She says with a rare smile.

"And what is it you like about the story?"

"The lost boys."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Well, I just really relate to them." She looks down. "They were lost, and lonely. They didn't have a family to love them, and they didn't belong. But then they met Peter Pan, and suddenly they have a family. I wish that would really happen." The last part she said under her breath... but I still heard it. My heart fell to my stomache. She feels like she doesn't have a family. shes been through so much, she doesn't know what a family really is. Neither do I. It's something we both crave, but can't have.

"Well... I'll let you get back to reading." She gives me another small smile before continuing to read.

I head up the stairs, trying to ease my mind. I go to give Christine her book, grabbing a red rose from a vase as I go. I gently knock on the door once, before entering. I offer a small smile to Christine as I enter, holding the flower behind my back. She just looks at me in shock. I guess she thought I was mad at her as well. I hand her the book.

"I thought you might want to read." I whispered.

"Thanks." She said looking down. I took this opportunity to kiss her forehead, and slide the rose onto her lap. With that I turned out of the room.

I need to compose. Music will help get my mind off of everything that is happening. I start to head to my domain when I overhear some music from the library. The doors are closed, so I sneak closer and listen to Gwens beautiful playing. The piano is positioned so that the players back is to the door, so I carefully open the door a small crack, to see her and hear better. She's fully engrossed with the music and I feel a swell of pride.

As I listen I hear her begin an opening to song. I've never heard it before so I close my eyes to listen, but they suddenly snap open again when I hear her voice.

There was a time
When I was alone
No where to go
And no place to call home...

I couldn't believe my ears... Gwen was singing, and wasn't stuttering!

My only friend was the man in the moon
And even sometimes he would go away too.

Then one night as I closed my eyes
I saw a shadow, flyin high
He came to me with the sweetest smile
Told me wanted to talk for a while

He said...
Peter Pan that's what they me,
I promise that you'll never be lonely
And ever since that day...

I am a lost boy from never land
Usually hanging out with
Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from
Captian hook

Run run lost boy
They say to me
Away from all of reality

Never land is home to lost boys like me and lost boys like me are free

And lost boys like me are free

He sprinkled me in pixie dust and told me to believe
Believe in him
And believe in me

Together we will fly away in a cloud of green,
To your beautiful destiny
As we soared above the town that never loved me,
I realized I finally had a family

Soon enough we reached Neverland,
Peacefully my feet hit the sand,
And ever since that day...

I am a lost boy from never land
Usually hanging out with
Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from
Captian hook

Run run lost boy
They say to me
Away from all of reality

Neverland is home to lost boys like me and lost boys like me are free

Peter Pan
Tinker Belle
Wendy darlin
Even Captian Hook, you are my perfect story book

Neverland I love you so,
You are now my home sweet home,
Forever a lost boy at last

Peter Pan
Tinker Belle
Wendy Darlin
Even Captian Hook, you are my perfect story book

Neverland I love you so,
You are now my home sweet home,
Forever s lost boy at last

And for always I will say...

I am a lost boy from never land
Usually hanging out with
Peter Pan
And when we're bored we play in the woods
Always on the run from
Captian hook

Run run lost boy
They say to me
Away from all of reality

Never land is home to lost boys like me and lost boys like me are free

Once she was done I couldn't move or breathe. I couldn't believe what I just heard. The song was so beautiful and just explained Gwen. Her voice was unearthly, and it sounds as if she had been training for years. Her voice had so much potential... and she didn't stutter! I knew there was hope for her!

I silently get up and shut the door to the library, sneaking off to my music room. I am going to get through to gwen, if it's the last thing I do.

---------------------------------------------

Hey yall! So the song is 'lost boy' by Ruth B. I absolutely love this song and I wanted to incorporate it because I just felt like it really did seem like something Gwen would write for herself to sing. I highly encourage you to listen to it. I love it!!!!

Gwen didn't stutter!!! We are having breakthroughs! Woohoo!!! I'm so excited to start writing Gwen's 'rebirth' as she becomes more excepting. It's gonna be good!

And we can't forget Meg.... What is your opinion on Meg? Do you like her, and want me to keep her around, or would her prefer her to not be in the story. I'm leaving this one up to you guys. So if you absolutely have to have Meg in the story then I will add her to the plot, but if not I can easily write her out. Whatever YALL would be more interested in.

Okay I'm done takin up your time. Hope yall are enjoying the book, and don't forget to leave me comments! ( love those!) thanks!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 4.3K 9
2 tom dylogii ,,Agony"
1.1M 55.7K 83
"The only person that can change Mr. Oberois is their wives Mrs. Oberois". Oberois are very rich and famous, their business is well known, The Oberoi...
30.8K 1.3K 34
Rihanna is a high school girl about to graduate when she meet the don will they live happily or will they argue all the time.........
180K 4K 64
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad