Lost (Paul Lahote story)

By gemininat

After Lillian Black phases and fight what she has to do, she runs away. When she moves back to La Push after... More

Liliana Black
La Push
First day of school
let's Talk
Not now
No Paul!
What's an Imprint?
Bonfire
Stop fighting it!
Graduation
Union
Pain
Happy late birthday!
Come home soon.
Banned
Bellas wedding.
No way you're dead
Fight.
Breaking the Imprint
Treaty
Inevitable
Shielding
The Blacks
Budapest
Christmas
It's not goodbye
2 years Later
Two peas in a pod?
And the truth comes out
Fashion Week
Imperceptible
Catastrophe
Throng
Swift
What could go wrong?
Prep
Stuck in love

We're not a pack

7.4K 210 5
By gemininat

3 weeks later

"I'm not going to hang around and watch you die." Jake said before running out of the Cullen's house.

"Jake wait!" I ran outside after him.

"You knew?" I just nodded. "You knew and said nothing. You knew she's dying and you didn't tell anybody!"

"It wasn't my secret to tell. You should know that." I felt ashamed. He was right. I could have told, but I couldn't and chose not to.

"That's not the point! That thing is killing her! And your supporting her! How long have you known?"

I didn't even look at him I knew he would get upset."Lillian, how long?" He was shaking and growling.

"Almost a month." He grew even angrier. He phased and ran. He then howled. No! He's going to tell them! I phased and ran after him.

I saw everything jake was showing the pack. And that I knew about it for a month and said nothing. Sam ordered us to meet. Which worried me and so I stopped a few meters before I got to them.

"If they don't kill it, we will." -Sam

"You wouldn't attack them for breaking the treaty this afternoon. Now your planning an ambush. When the treaty is still intact!" -jake

That was all I heard. I couldn't take it. It was playing over and over in my head. They were going to kill them all! I decided to finally join them.

"I can't believe this! YOU'RE going to kill an innocent baby?"

"It's a killer!" - Sam

"She's human too!"

"She's dying." -Leah.

That did it. I went and attacked her. I was about to sink my teeth into her flank when Sam's teeth cut into my own flank and pulled me back.

"Lillian, you are our strongest fighter. You will fight tonight!" He was using his Alpha voice to command me.

"No!" I screamed as I embraced my birthright. No one could dispute the Alpha's decision-except for me. I couldn't hear the pack anymore. And it felt great.

"Lillian, what have you done?"-Sam

"You cannot Command me! You have no right!" I yelled with my Alpha voice. "I will not help you! I won't follow you, Sam."

"You would choose our enemies over your family?"

"They aren't our enemies! They never were." He ignored me.

"There cannot be more than one Alpha. You gave me the position." I didn't fight back. He was right. "Will you really turn against your brothers? Your tribe?"

"Ephraim Black's heir was not born to follow Levi Uley's.' And I'm not turning against anyone. I'm doing what's right!"

"Is that it Lillian Black? Even if you defeat me, the pack will never follow you!"

"Defeat you?" I chuckled. "I'm not going to fight you Sam. I never planned to. I'm on my own."

"Lillian!" He called after me but i ran as fast as I could. "Paul!" I assumed Paul tried to run after me, but was stopped.

I then ran and went back to the Cullen's where I found clothes on the ground. Esme must have left them.

"A dress!" I muttered. "Really Alice!"

"I'm sorry." Edward said as I took a seat next to Bella.

"It's fine." I assured him. Alice then came in looking worried.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" I asked Edward.

"No, it's just that, for a moment I couldn't see your future. For that moment you became an enemy. But then it all came back after you... I'm so sorry."

"Lillian." I turned to look at Edward. He motioned for me to go outside. It was jake and Seth phased. I didn't bother undressing, I phased with the dress on. I wasn't sorry about it.but I was majorly confused to why I could hear their thoughts. But why?

"Please tell me you didn't. Go back to Sam. Now!"

"Is that an order?"-Seth

"I'm not ordering anybody. Especially you two."

"We aren't going back... It's quite. Haven't you noticed? They haven't phased back. Separate packs aren't linked." -jake

"Stop. We are not a pack. It's just me and there is Sam's pack. So go back to Sam."

"No, we are a pack. That why we can hear each other. We aren't going back to Sam." -Seth

"If it comes down to a fight, are you willing to fight against them?"

"It's the right thing to do. So yes." They both answered.

"Fine. Seth patrol south of the Cullen's house. Jake, northeast. I'll do northwest. We'll meet here in the morning. Phase back, if Sam shows up he'll see it as a threat. I'm going to go inside and check in with Edward."

I walked to the house and found shorts and a t shirt this time. It wasn't until midnight when I heard a whimper. I looked around until I saw Paul walk out behind a tree fixing his shorts.

"What happen to never? What happen to we stick together." He was hurt.

"I don't need you here. Leave." I ignored his questions. I don't have time for this.

"I'm not here to come to your side. I don't understand how you can betray us. How you can betray me. You chose the wrong side."

"I didn't betray anyone. I'm doing what's right. NOW LEAVE!" I'm not stupid. I know Sam ordered him to convince me to come back. I hate to do this, but I'm doing what's right. Bella and the Cullen's are also my family.

"No. I'm not leaving until you come back."

"Can you just stop!"

"No, come back with me." He was now walking towards me. I shook my head.

"No, they are also my family. I won't go back won't leave them defenseless." I had to be strong and show him that it didn't bother me. "Go back, because I'm not going back." He stood there with watery eyes. I didn't want to stand here and watch. So I walked away.

I decided to go tell Seth and Jake to rest since it was past midnight. I told them I'd phase and howl if anything.

When the sun started setting, I walked back to the Cullen's front porch and saw the guys eating breakfast.

"Esme?" I asked them smiling. They had their mouths stuffed as they nodded yes I rolled my eyes, there was probably about 16 sandwiches on the plate. I grabbed one and went inside.

"Here you go." Alice already had a cup of coffee ready for me and some water bottles for the guys. "Sorry, I just needed a distraction, I can't see Bella anymore which is causing me get frustrated."

I see what she meant. She was looking into my future as a distraction.

"Oh. I see. I-"

"Oh, man! Go away, Leah!" I heard Seth outside. I quickly put the mug and water bottles on the island and dashed outside.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I yell waking in front of the guys.

"I left. I'm here to stand with you. My allegiance was never meant to obey Sam. I'm here to join your pack."

"Let's get one thing straight, we are not a pack. Did Sam send you?"

"Sam doesn't even know I left." Suddenly there was howling.

"I think they just figured it out."  Seth stated.

"Fine! Just, promise me not to be rude to the Cullen's. I know you don't like them, but I do."

"No, it's not that I don't like them, it just that... You spend more time with them then you do with me. We're not close like how we used to."

"We can talk about this another time, we need to do a perimeter run. Seth southwest and Leah, you go southeast." They nodded and we left.
•••
It was quite, too quiet.

"Lily, please come back." I heard Tango waking up behind me. I didn't want to face him but I have to.

"No. I'm protecting Bella, after all she is still human and has always been family. So unless you are here to protect her, I suggest you leave."

"You know I care about Bella, But betraying the pack? I don't think I can live with myself."

"You care about Bella but you don't want to betray your pack. "

"Wow. You know Bella has always been there for us."

"I hope I'm making the right decision. Anyways it doesn't matter, I can't hear them anymore."

"Does Sam know you are here?"

"He asked me to come speak to you. But I actually stopped hearing them once I decided to leave for good. I'm staying with you. After all I actually like the Cullen's. Sam actually didn't want me to come."

"Why?"

"He knows my loyalty to you is strong. Especially because you're my sister. I convinced him to let me come, that I can get you to come back."

"Oh...Come on. Let's tell the Cullen's. I'm glad you here." I said putting an arm around him. Once we got to the house they pack came back and phased back.

"Okay. So we have a new plan. I think we should have three patrolling while two others rest."

"That's a good a idea."

"Jake, Seth you guys take a break." I tell them.

"Lily no. You haven't sleep in over 4 days. You need to rest. You can't actually lie to us when we can see how tired you actually are." Seth said.

"He's right, You and Seth will rest while we patrol." I didn't get to answer because they had already left.

"Come on Seth." I said walking up the stairs with him behind me. "You can use this shower, I'll see if I can find you some clothes."

Before I could walk upstairs to Edwards room. Alice already had 3 sets of clothes.

"Later on the others can also come shower."I nodded and headed back to my room to get some clothes. I quickly dashed off and took a shower.

"Hey, i uhh...so, were do I put this dirty clothes?" Seth asked when he came out of the restroom.

"I'll go wash it. Hey, go sleep in my room. I'll sleep in Rose or Alice's room."

"Your room?"

"Yeah... I have my own room here. I live here when in not home. See you in the morning."

I made my way to Rose's room. All I could think about Paul and how I ripped his heart out. He'll never forgive me for this. I didn't even shed a tear. I didn't even feel the pain in my chest, all the anger I have is blocking the pain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 1.2K 30
"What is making you act this way towards me? Is it Sam?" He doesn't meet my eyes. "Just drop it Gemma, there is no future with me. We can't do this a...
38.5K 1.3K 69
STORY COMPLETE Two best friends, about to enter into the dating scene separately. Except the boy is a werewolf and the girl a vampire / human hybrid...
119K 2.6K 47
"So let's test your theory." "What theory?" Paul smirked at me as he backed me up against the door. I watched his eyes as he lifted his arms and tra...
109K 2.6K 25
What if Jacob Black never ran away? What if something else happened after the fight with the newborn army? Eleanor doesn't know anything about her pa...