Brighter Than The Stars: Book...

Від oliviarose85

"We always have the North Star, M&M," Elijah reminded her. "It shines bright, just like you do. No matter whe... Більше

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝐵𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑜: ℰ𝓈𝒸𝒶𝓅𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝒟𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓎 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒞𝑒𝓁𝑒𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈 & 𝒮𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓌
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒩𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝓃 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓂
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝐿𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝑜 𝒜 𝐵𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝐸𝓁𝒾𝒿𝒶𝒽
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉: 𝒫𝒾𝓉𝓎 𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓎
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒: 𝑅𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝐼𝓃 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓁
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝑒𝓃: 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝓁𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝒟𝑒𝒻𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒮𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓋𝑒: 𝒞𝑜𝒻𝒻𝑒𝑒 & 𝒫𝒽𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒞𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐿𝑜𝓃𝑔 𝒟𝓇𝒾𝓋𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝑅𝑒𝓊𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓃
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐹𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒲𝑜𝓇𝓉𝒽𝓎
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝒾𝓍𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝐻𝑜𝓁𝒾𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝓃𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒜 𝒲𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝐼𝓃 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂 𝒞𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝓇
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃: 𝒞𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈 𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎: 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈, 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒪𝒻 𝒴𝑜𝓊
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝒢𝓊𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝒰𝓅
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈 & 𝐹𝑜𝑜𝒹
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐼𝓃-𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓃
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒟𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒪𝒻 𝒜 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝓉𝑜𝓇𝓂
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃: 𝐸𝓉𝒸𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝒪𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉: 𝒩𝑜 𝒫𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝐿𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝓂𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒩𝒾𝓃𝑒: 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒪𝓃𝑒: 𝐼𝓂𝓅𝑜𝓈𝓈𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝓌𝑜: 𝐿𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒯𝑜 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒: 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒𝓃 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇: 𝐹𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝐹𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒: 𝒲𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝒜𝓌𝒶𝓎
𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝒮𝒾𝓍: 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐹𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁 𝒢𝑜𝑜𝒹𝒷𝓎𝑒
Alternate
Alternate 1.1
Alternate 1.2
Alternate 1.3
Alternate 1.4
Alternate 1.5
Alternate 1.6
Alternate 1.7
Alternate 1.8
Alternate 1.9
Alternate 1.10
Alternate 1.11
Alternate 1.12
Alternate 1.13
Alternative Direction To Version One: Part 1
Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 2
Second Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 1
Second Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 2
Second Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 3
Alternate
Alternate 2.1
Alternate 2.2
Alternate 2.3
Alternate 2.4
Alternate 2.5
Alternate 2.6
Alternate 2.7
Alternate 2.8
Alternate Direction To Version One: Part 4

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎: 𝒮𝒾𝓃𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝒞𝑜𝓃𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃𝓈

1.3K 82 38
Від oliviarose85

"So, are you two planning on joining everyone at the winter festival on Friday, or were you just going to have an early night?" Her mom asked from the front seat as her father drove through the snow.

Madeline had been watching in fascination as Elijah's hand had been inching its way toward hers on the seat during the short drive, not seeming to know if he could with her parents around, or if he was just being playful. "We'll be going," Madeline told her when Elijah remained quiet. "Claire's in town, so I want to meet up with her for a bit, and Elijah's hoping for a run-in with Marty."

A barely audible laugh came out of Elijah as his hand finally reached its destination. Instead of linking their fingers together, or laying his hand over hers, his fingers began playing almost a game of footsy with her. "God, I can't wait to meet that douche."

Her mom half turned to look at Elijah, not seeming to notice what his hand was up to. "Be nice. Marty may have been odd, but he was a sweet boy."

Elijah looked over at her, his eyes squinting in curiosity. So Madeline just shook her head to confirm her parents didn't know the details of graduation night, only that they'd broken up.

"Well, here we are," her dad announced, pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant.

Elijah's hand returned to his side to unclasp his seatbelt, then opened his door as soon as her father parked. She watched as he trotted over to her side from behind the vehicle, first opening her mother's door, and then hers.

"Ever the gentleman," she heard her mother say.

Madeline wanted so badly to pull him into that backseat and have her way with him, but she took his arm and allowed Elijah to lead her through the ice and snow covered parking lot toward the restaurant. "I know you aren't looking forward to this, so thank you for being so great about it."

"I'm not," he admitted freely. "But they're your family, and it's not like they're complete strangers. I've met them on Thanksgiving and Christmases plenty of times way back when. But I can deal, because they're your family, and so am I."

Madeline looked up at him, more tempted than ever for them to find their way to that backseat. "Yes, you are."

The restaurant was so much busier than she was used to seeing. Normally in the off-season, there would only be a sprinkling of taken tables. But she supposed with the holiday came the crowds, and everyone appeared in high spirits.

She could hear her grandmother's cackle coming from the far end of the restaurant; an area reserved for large parties. Madeline tried to do the math in her head. The four of them, four grandparents made eight, two aunts made ten, a cousin made eleven, and her cousin's two children made thirteen.

She knew one set of grandparents opted for a hotel for the trip, also not being a big fan of crowds or rowdy people. That made nine people who were staying in her parents' house, and Madeline couldn't be more grateful her parents had opted to get a hotel room for the two of them as well.

"There they are!" Her grandfather howled out, already clearly a little tipsy.

Her two grandparents on her mother's side were the only ones Elijah had much interaction with growing up, as they lived an hour and a half away and visited more frequently than the occasional holiday. So they were the only ones who stood to shake Elijah's hand from across the table while the others remained seated, Madeline guessed at her parents' request. They were being cautious about overwhelming Elijah, which was fair, as he'd always been a loner, and even before his disappearance, hadn't been a big fan of large gatherings.

"Damn good to see you, son. We're happy you're back," her grandfather spoke with the gentlest of smiles. Although Grandpa Jim was getting up there with age, and his memory was slowly fading away, he'd never forgotten Elijah. Every now and then he'd refer to him as 'the lost grandson', breaking Madeline's heart more than it already had been.

Despite this side of the family's lack of religion, for holidays, her grandfather always said a prayer, and that prayer always included requesting God keep Elijah safe.

Her set of grandparents on her father's side never really fully understood why her immediate family had grown so attached to the boy next door, but at least they respected it.

Elijah reached across the table and shook his hand. "It's nice to see you, Jim."

Her grandmother's arms opened, trembling in mid-air as she looked across the table hopefully. This was the grandmother who enjoyed sending Madeline inappropriate packages, and still had a wicked sense of humor, and a filthy mouth, to boot. When anyone tried to rein her in, she'd just tell them, 'I'm old and I'll do what I damn well please.'

"Please, my sweet boy?"

Elijah gave her a big smile and walked to the other side of the table to hug her grandmother with a soft touch. "Grandma Rose."

She'd always insisted he call her that when he was young. She never flat-out told him why, but Madeline and everyone else likely knew. Harrison Fox hadn't gotten his temperament out of thin air. Rather, it was ingrained in him. Warm grandparents couldn't be found on his side of the family. On his mother, Sandra's side... her parents had disowned her for marrying someone who didn't belong to their religion, and never reached out after her death.

Elijah needed a family to be part of. People who loved him and treated him as their own flesh and blood. He needed parents who celebrated with him, provided for him, and supported him. He also needed grandparents to give him ugly presents, make him snacks, and sneak him small amounts of money. Hence Grandma Rose.

After she kissed him on both cheeks, leaving pink lipstick stains, Elijah found his way back to her, wiping off his face the best he could, and pulled out Madeline's chair for her to sit down.

"I hear the two of you have grown quite close again," Grandma Rose spoke. "I'm told you're practically living together."

"Living in sin," Grandma Bethany muttered.

Grandma Rose just smiled at her father's mom. "A little sin keeps us young, Bethany. That's why I look a good ten years younger than you."

Madeline laughed as Elijah pushed her seat toward the table, then sat between Madeline and her mom. Neither grandmother looked younger than the other, but Grandma Rose very much felt and acted younger than her years.

"Speaking of sin," her favorite grandmother continued, "were the two of you planning on, you know? Or are you going to break my Mary's heart and keep things platonic?"

Elijah laughed and scratched his facial hair, giving her the side eye before turning his attention back to the aging woman. "Not sure if that's an appropriate dinner conversation, Grandma Rose."

"Only if your answer is the inappropriate kind, which just so happens to be my favorite, in case you haven't figured that out by now."

Her dad let out a cough on the other side of her mother, reminding Madeline that he already knew the answer. She'd forgotten her dad had witnessed their affection on the front lawn after Elijah's mild breakdown because he hadn't brought it up, and never reacted to it in the slightest.

Elijah laughed once again, sneaking her one last look before looking at her mother, then across the table. "I won't be breaking Mary's heart, no."

Her grandmother clapped her hands as if she'd just won a trip to Disney World, while her mother let out a gasp by Elijah's side.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me? I asked you about this on Monday, and you said nothing happened."

"Nothing had happened on Monday," Madeline argued. "Or Tuesday, come to think of it."

"So, today?" Her mom prodded. "I mean, that just leaves today, right?"

Elijah hung his head and just shook it. "Fucking hell," he muttered to himself, keeping his voice quiet before answering her mother's question. "Yes, that leaves today. Around five this morning, if you need a better timeline."

"So you rented them a hotel to fornicate in?" Grandma Bethany asked, her eyes focused on her father.

Her dad just shrugged. "Seems so," he answered before he leaned forward to look at Elijah. "Just do us all a favor, and don't knock her up until after she graduates college."

Grandma Rose laughed. "Then I have something in your care package that'll come in handy."

Except Elijah didn't laugh. But as the server approached, no one questioned him on his serious expression, or how he'd mentally checked out over the teasing.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

5.5K 1.1K 31
*3rd Place Winner-The Writer's Award 2021* "I see bright flashing lights. Emergency lights. I'm on the pavement. It's raining. I hear voices of EMTs...
342K 9.5K 83
"How many romance books do you read?" Devin asks me. I shrug. "I like them," I say. I keep browsing, running my fingers along the spines. "...
75.5K 2.9K 82
He straightens his posture, his tone is even, voice calm and his eyes soften. "If," he raises a finger at me, slows his speech slightly and enunciate...