De Nelson's Senior High

By chancelar

Different lives intertwine in this crazy story of love, deception, hate and defeat all in one school that rel... More

Thanks For Choosing My Book
Chapter 1- Trees that lined up
Chapter 2- Craziest girl
Chapter 3- Welcome...Bitches.
Chapter 4- Through the dorm
Chapter 5: Other Teachers
Chapter 6- Kleptomaniac
Chapter 7- Excruciatingly long minutes
Chapter 8- Missing the point.
Chapter 9- Done with you
Chapter 10
Chapter 11- On Me
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14- Light up
Chapter 15
Chapter 16- Compulsory Siesta
Chapter 17-
Chapter 18- Basketball
Chapter 19- Power
Chapter 20- Wake up.
Chapter 21- Oxygen Mask.
Chapter 22- Powerful arms.
Chapter 23- Self-pity
Chapter 24- Stargazers
Chapter 25- Exasperated
Chapter 26- Sympathy
Chapter 27-
Chapter 28- In Junior High.
Chapter 29
Chapter 30- He's.....Comely
Chapter 31- Inspection.
Chapter 32- Invitation
Chapter 33- Contributory Factor
Chapter 34- Freedom
Chapter 35- IV Tube
Chapter 36- Canes
Chapter 37- Rhythmic clap
Chapter 38- Celebrity.
Chapter 39- Busted.
Chapter 40- Infirmary.
41- Panic
Chapter 42- Virgins
Chapter 43- Recess
Chapter 44- Kite
Chapter 45
Chapter 46- Pig sty
Chapter 47- Expect Wonders
Chapter 48- PE
Chapter 49- Chitchatting
Chapter 50- Dome
Chapter 51- Girlfriend
Chapter 52- Rings
Chapter 53- Titanium Bars
Chapter 54- Personal Chauffeur
Chapter 55- Occult
Chapter 56- Saturday Night
Chapter 57- Daddy
Chapter 58- Jaeden Daniels
Chapter 59- The twin cities
Chapter 60- Cluttering
Chapter 61- OPD
Chapter 62- That Man
Chapter 63- The wedding
Chapter 64- Red Tacoma in Rain
Chapter 67- Blood
Chapter 68- Musicals.
Chapter 69- High School Musical.
Chapter 70- Medications.
Chapter 71- Exonerated
Chapter 72- Greatest Show
Chapter 73- Stratosphere
Chapter 74- Kwamena
Chapter 75- Ignite (Epilogue)
Book 2 is hereπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

Chapter 66- Baby boy.

10 2 0
By chancelar

Mayorkun- Holy Father.

Heather knew her siblings were right and the truth was that she never hid anything from them. Unlike most teenagers, Heather always made sure she told her family about whatever she was going through, that was why they knew her so well.

After breakfast while they cleaned up the house, Heather gave in.

'' Guys, I need to tell you something.'' She sighed and dropped her duster.

" What?" Zara wondered closing the bin.

" I haven't been telling you guys everything and I want to be honest with you. "

" I knew it! I knew something was off about you. " Chanel states with a scoff. 

" And if you really want to talk you have to tell us everything, no secrets. " London says and Heather nodded, they all join her on the couch.

She told them about Flora one of the missing house mates and her little escapade out of the school at the Tavern where they had to use fake IDs.

" What?!!! Heather you're thirteen!" Zara points out and Heather got why Zara of all people will be this irked by the knowledge.

Zara was sixteen when she went through a very traumatic experience that had somehow affected Heather as well since she had been at the scene.

" I know guys, I'm sorry but I swear I have not been out of school without supervision after that night.  That was how I made the money to buy Zara's painting. "

" You bought my paintings? Did you ever think of how that would have made me feel if I found out?" Zara asked, " Here I was thinking my work was finally being appreciated. "

" I'm so sorry but I was just thinking of how Roddy was going to get into kindergarten soon, I never imagined you'd feel this terrible. "

" Heather your friends have family lifelines to fall on when scandals or anything happens to them, have you thought of yourself? If something happens what are we going to do? We don't have money or influential people to pull you out of the mess.  You think the Flora girl thought that was going to happen to her? No she never did and now she's somewhere rotting in prison whiles her friends continue with their lives like she never existed. "

There was so much sense in what they just said and Heather begun to wonder how she hadn't been able to read between the lines. Surely what happened to Flora could still happen to her but she knew her friends, they wouldn't watch her go like that.

" Heather, stop thinking they are your shields or something. They are all kids if you haven't noticed, no matter how matured life has made them they are still children and they will cower the moment trouble comes. You've only known them for a few months." Chanel points out, " Do you know how many friends I made back in school? How many of them were able to help me out when I had to quit school because of my unpaid fees?"

" The Flora girl, didn't she have some rich best friend who you just mentioned?"

" Ivy. " Heather mentioned.

" Even she couldn't help her best friend. That's real life Heather. Trust me, Ivy really wants to but if her family doesn't like scandals she has nothing to do about it so please go back to school and be a normal outstanding student and graduate and get that scholarship to the university because you're our hope Heather. Look at all of us.... we're pushing you because we know you have everything needed to make it and we will keep pushing you up with whatever means we have but on the real, you also need to get rid of possible obstacles in your path. "

Heather facepalmed and sunk into the couch, how was she going to avoid her friends if they were so close now. As if on cue, Zara's cellphone shrills loudly and she waved the screen at her.

" It's your little gang. " She teases as Heather reached for the phone.

After glaring at the request for a conference call,she declines.

" I know it's hard but ten years from now you'll be grateful for this little pep talk. " London sighs and stood up.

Heather looked at the smiley photos of all her friends as the call came through again. It was going to be hard to ignore them.

OoO

Ciarra woke up pretty late in the morning. Rufidat was still asleep in her sleeping bag but her bed was empty, Kobby had probably stepped out. She walked into her bathroom and after brushing her teeth walked out of the room. The thick cloud of smoke hanging in the air told her something was definitely off in the kitchen.

She walked into the kitchen to find Kobby trying to fan the smoke away with a napkin.

" Good morning, I thought I smelled something amazing in here." Ciarra says sarcastically turning on the ventilator and dragging her boyfriend out of the room.

" I swear I didn't know you didn't have to wait that long for the oil in the pan to heat up before placing the chicken nuggets in it. " He coughs in the living room, " I was just trying to make breakfast."

" Of course you didn't. " Ciarra says with an eye roll, " This feels like a De ja vu with more smoke than I recall. "

" But I've never been here before."

" Not you, Roland made me breakfast recently. "

" He made you breakfast?.... That son of... ok ok let's not get ahead of ourselves especially since you've just messed up my kitchen. " Ciarra cut in in his rant.

" I'm sorry. " He sighs.

" No problem but you're definitely cleaning up that mess. "

" On it." He says and got up.

" Hold up, it takes at least ten minutes for the ventilator to pull out so much fumes and anyway I need to talk to you about something. "Her last sentence got him anxious and he sat back down.

" What did I do?" He wondered.

" Zaron says you have a sleeping disorder. "

" You spoke to him?"

" More like experienced it after sharing a bed with you. "

" I'm sorry, it doesn't happen that often. " He sighs with a bashful grin.

" Are you actually embarrassed of the fact that you need to cuddle someone in your sleep?!" Ciarra laughed getting him to feel even more encumbered.

" I am not. " He says

" Because I am going to buy you a human sized teddy bear after today. " Ciarra teases.

" Shut up. " He groans putting a hand to his ears and burying his face in the throw pillows on the sofa.

" Who needs a teddy bear?? Kobby needs a teddy bear." She got out of her seat and cooed as if she were goof-talking to a baby.

" Stop. " His voice came out muffled from the pillows. She still went on and he begun to throw the pillows at her to which she dodged.

Now that she knew this, she was never going to let it slide and he knew it.

"Is something burning ?" A voice asked from up the stairs and they both looked up in the midst of laughter.

" Oh yeah, this genius here decided to heat up the...." Kobby clamps a hand to her mouth to shush her.

" Don't listen to her, I'm taking you guys to Clique's for breakfast. Come on, go take a shower we'll be leaving soon. " He states as Ciarra tried to squirm her way out of his arms.

" Okay...." Rufidat says with an uncertain expression as she got back in doors then she bit into his palm,
" Owww!"

He let go instantly and she laughed,

" If you wanted to cuddle again you could have just told me, instead of pretending to shut me up. " She teased, " Oh wait, does your baby sister also cuddle with you?"

" Oh great. " Kobby sighed in frustration , " You're not going to let this go are you?"

" Not as long as you're in my house. "

                      OoO

Earlier that morning before they set off to the beach,  Sekondi and Takoradi pedaled their bicycles to Julie's house in hopes of being invited to the beach but where greeted by over twenty cadets under training by Major Quansah. They covered half of the street and the two had to catch a sharp break at the turn to the house splashing muddy water from the side of the ride unto Corporal Gyan's tulips in front of his house. Julie saw them through the window and quickly grabbed her bike from the garage and rode to join them.

They all knew better than to talk when he was in full military mode, so for over thirty minutes they watched with bored expressions as he barks out instructions to the cadets who responded in unison with actions and words.

" This is so boring, let's go for a spin." Julie suggests pushing her bike forward.

They turned to find Takoradi still standing there, " Dude, what are you waiting for, he's obviously not going to be done anytime soon."

" I was hoping Kuky will join us." He shrugs guilelessly and the two girls facepalm in unison.

" First of she's like twice your age Kora and yes Kuky likes you but in a strictly platonic way." His sister reminds.

" Sek stop bothering." Julie sighed and got off her bike placing both arms on his shoulders and looking him dead in the eye, " Kora, she has a boyfriend, a six foot boyfriend so quit dreaming and save your piggy bank money, stop buying her presents and stuff. We're your buddies and you don't even buy us anything."

" I do, didn't I buy you that sticker book you always wanted?" He asked Julie and she dropped her hands in frustration.

" That was a year ago you microscopic protoctist!"

" Come on." Sekondi beckoned and rode on ahead.

They cycled around the neighborhood calling out at any of their friends who was willing to join them, soon Kwaku Ntim and Emer joined. The five kids went to Harvey's home in hopes that he could join them. They clicked their bicycle bells as they drew closer and Harvey stepped out in a shirt sleeve nearly tucked into slacks and he had a silk vest over it and black polished sebagos.

They squinted at him in the early morning sun and burst out laughing.

" Harvey what are you wearing, you look like a pastor!" Kwaku burst out in laughter, Private Mireku, Harvey's Dad heard the outbursts and kicked the front door open.

He was also dressed up in an African print long sleeved shirt.

" Hey Stranger Things, get off my lawn. Oh my goodness look at the mud they've rubbed all over my pavement, Nana Yaw, go get me the cane!!" He called for Harvey's younger brother and all the kids quickly picked up their bikes and paddled their legs off as far as they could. They stopped at the town's square were the training barracks begun.

" Private Mireku is so mean, and he's going to worship? " Emer panted as she got off her bike.

" I'll also have to be getting home to prepare for Bible studies, see you guys." Kwaku states getting back on his bike. They waved at him as he rode back.

" Ok, hey Emer let's go check on Issah too. I heard his father just bought him a jeep he can drive." Julie suggests.

" I told Daddy to get me one, he said I have to rank first to third in class." Emer said.

" I've been first countless times but my Dad doesn't buy you what you want, he surprises you and trust me, you will not like his surprises." Julie scoffs.

" Hey, I heard Faye's back." Emer says, " I want her to teach me how to do my own braids for school." Emer says.

She was the only girl of five kids and her mom had been absent for years, the kids didn't know why. She was slowly becoming one of the boys by her choice of clothing which consisted mainly of carwashes and her father had wanted to give her a haircut but she had vehemently refuted that idea so he left it up to her to manage it. Her brothers helped but they were totally horrible at hair dressing. Without her hair she would pass for a boy easily.

" Yh, you can come around later this evening." Julie beams.

After their expedition to Issah's house where they had a joyride in his new car, they rode to Julie's house. Her father was done and sat on the porch with his boys singing cheer songs with their loud masculine voices. They went inside for a drink and to say hello to Faye's mom.

Julie wondered why Faye wasn't out telling them they were making noise like she always did. She walked in on Faye on the phone with her friends.

Emer peeped with her, " It's been like this since she got back."

" I know, feels like you don't exist anymore, I mean you guys were best friends regardless of your age differences."

She rolled her eyes and joined Takoradi who was having breakfast prepared by her Dad.

In the end her Dad didn't agree to take the kids along without their parents' supervision so the twins and Emer were out but he promised to plan another one where he'd invite other families to join.

At the Beach.

The beach was pretty vacant though extremely sunny, only a few other families were present. Sandy beaches where just euphoric to look at and the fresh sea breeze was even more exhilarating. Mr. Quansah inhaled in some fresh air and smiled fondly at the scenerry.

'' Do you know what I just remembered?'' She asked her husband and he grinned.

'' Of course, the day you broke up with me at the shore because I was too unexciting.'' He laughed.

'' Nope, that was not the reason why. Do you remeber what I said?'' He didn't seem to recall so she continued, '' I told you I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with someone who's life will constantly be on the line.''

He remembered, '' And yet look at us now, twenty years and counting, I must have been reallly convincing.''

'' Oh come on you two, please stop chitchatting about your unimpresssive love life. Let's have some fun.'' Julie says interrupting their romantic memories.

" And then we had those two who have been constant pains since they arrived. " He whispered to his wife.

" Hey we heard that!" Faye calls at them.

" You were meant to. " He says, '' Okay, where's the beach ball, I pick Ladi as my partner.''

'' DAD....'' Faye whines like some toddler and he laughed at her disappointment.

'' Fine, True you're on my team.'' Faye gives in.

" Why do you have a shirt on Mr Nylander, come on take it off, this is a beach." Mr Quansah calls at him from where he knelt picking up seashells.

" Why don't you take your shirt off." Faye retorts in a mocking tone.

" Seems like you voicing out his thoughts when he realizes he can't say that to me because I'm your father." Mr Quansah goes on.

" No way."

" I just don't feel comfortable without clothes." Ladi calls over the crushing ocean waves as he walked over, oblivious to the father daughter banter.

" Oh really, well I know what's beneath mine is some little chest hair and belly fat, come on, take yours off." he encourages just to make fun of him.

Ladi reluctantly took of his beach shirt and pulls off his t-shirt.

" Oh my goodness, you're like the male version of Faye." he laughs and Julie joins him.

" Anorexic?" Faye asks

" See what I told you?" Faye realises it and groans in frustration whiles her father's laughter increases. She begrudgingly walked away.

" I didn't say he was anorexic, He has the masculinity of a soccer player which he obviously is. Now I can proudly say I was way muscular than him when I was his age " Mr Quansah continued and Ladi quickly pulls his shirt back on.

" Ben, please stop pulling their legs and go check up on her." Mrs Quansah chuckles at Faye's retreating back.

" Yes Mrs Quansah." Mr Quansah says.

Julie was busily offloading her sack of sand buckets and toys ready to build the most impressive fort ever known to the Quansah family. True was much more interested in swimming. Mr Quansah wouldn't allow them to wear swimsuits because according to him all the swimsuits lacked some amount of modesty. He insisted everyone got a black tshirt and  beach shorts instead.

The game of volleyball begun between the two teams, soon Julie was interested and swapped with Faye.

Faye walked over to her mother and sat in the sand next to her wheelchair.

" Bored already?" Her mother asked.

" How do you know ?" Faye chuckled watching the large waves rise and fall.

" I raised you Kukua, you have a knack for quitting things when it gets tough. And that is a very bad habit. " Her mother said.

Faye was silent. She was right.

" So what do you want to do in future." Her mother changed the topic.

" As in profession?"

" That and life in general Kukua. " Her mother answered.

" I want to be happy in future. And when it comes to a career well... I've always wanted to be rich and famous. " She beamed, " I don't want to be stuck serving my country like you two did. "

Her mother laughed heartily at that.

" You know one thing about you, when you say something you do it. It is a very rare quality but remember that the lives of the rich and famous are anything but perfect. Some of them even wish they were back to being someone like you. "

" Why?" Faye inquired standing up " I mean everything is much easier up there."

" There's nothing easy in this life Kukua, the entire world is a thrift shop and everything comes with an invisible price tag that you'll only realize after you have acquired whatever you want. The easiest part of life is death. Apart from that birth isn't easy, growing up isn't easy, going to school isn't easy, studying isn't easy, getting a job isn't easy and the list goes on. " Her mother went on,
" Who's your favorite celebrity?"

" Between Lukaku, Cardi B and Nikki? Naaa, I can't choose. " They both chuckled at her indecisiveness.

" I'm pretty sure you know all the basics about them, how they struggled to fame what they had to go through and how they are so well off now. " She says looking Faye in the eye,
" When you step into that world, you can never step out so you have to be prepared. You'll be making big decisions and several mistakes and it will all be out there, all sorts of people will have their opinions of you and you may start to regret it all. So Faye, what will you have in those times to keep encouraging you?"

" I have you. " Faye smiled hugging her mother.

She knew her daughter wouldn't get the bigger picture until she was matured enough.

" Faye get over here we're loosing to the boys, turns out I'm not tall enough!" Julie called at her.

" You're not the only indecisive one. Julie can't even tell what she wants to be in future. " She smiled and Faye returned the smile before walking away towards the icebox.

Later they all had lunch together on the large picnic mat. Taurus Riley's Royal played from the nearby resort as Faye observed her parents as they conversed and laughed. She wondered if she'd be that happy in the next twenty years. Because even with her mom's medical condition, he manages to always take her mind off it. She wanted to be with a man just like her Dad.

" They're a unique couple, isn't it?" Ladi whispered from next to her.

" Yes they are." Faye smirked to herself.

                    OoO

The three girls woke up extremely late that morning. Mrs McAdams, Ashanti's housekeeper had already arrived and stealthily cleaned up the house so as not to wake Ashanti who would insist on taking part in the chores. 

Ashanti mooched towards the kitchen and noticed how clean everything was, she recalled they had trashed the place the previous night.

" Healenore did you clean the kitchen?" She called out and Healenore showed up at the kitchen doorway as Ashanti popped the fridge open and poured herself a glass of water.

" Whoa!!" Healenore exclaimed more at Ashanti than at the cleaned kitchen. 

" Yeah I know, they always look great in the mornings, every morning, well this is the actual reality. " Ashanti croaks gulping down her water.

" What?"

" All white people or caucasians if you want to sound less racist. This is what is called the bed hair. It's like a bird's nest up there isn't it. Those movies lied to you baby. " Ashanti says heading towards the sink.

" As a matter of fact we all need to get haircuts today for school. School resumes on Tuesday. "

" Right, now why is the sink feeling clogged. " Ashanti went on with a bored expression leaning over the marble counter top to get a look, " I must have forgotten to open the outdoor pipes again, will be right back.  "

Ashanti walked towards the small room under the stairway where all the pipes were located and held the latch to the outdoor pipes that run all the pipes in the house into the drains. She had an inkling to go check the drains first because on several occasions she had drowned a lot of animals, first her neighbors cat who just had to be in the drain, second a bird who got stuck in the drain, not to mention the lizards and termites.

The covered drains in the compound were empty, outside the house was empty and as she walked towards the drain that separated her house from that of Mr Wiafe her neighbor's, she heard a light squirm/whimper. At first she didn't want to go check since it sounded familiar like two cats getting it on with each other but her curiosity go the best of her as she walked over and peeped.

An African print cloth moved in the drain, she drew closer. It was a little baby bundled up in cloth.  He played with his fingers and toes and made gurgle noises. Ashanti called for Healenore and Mae. Mrs McAdams heard the shout and quickly ran towards her, she was equally shocked at the sight.  Healenore and Mae followed.

" Where did that baby come from?" Mae wondered. 

" I have no idea but whoever did this must be crazy, this child could have died had I not decided to check the drains first. "

Mrs McAdams quickly reached for the baby from the dry gutters, " We need to report this to the police. "

" You're right but it looks like he's been out here for hours because he feels very warm. " Healenore touched his body and said.

" Maybe we should feed him first before going to the police. " Mae points out as they all walked back towards the gates of the house. The streets were all vacant since it was a Sunday morning.

" But I have no baby food and he looks at least four months old. " Ashanti complains.

" Don't worry, we can make him some porridge. " Healenore coos at him.

Ashanti looked at all of them.

" If his parents don't come for him that means we're going to be his moms."

" What a fortunate baby, four moms!" Mae beams .

****************

Another one again, been very busy but I'll try to do better than this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6K 601 27
"Do what's right" my mother always said... A normal girl goes to high school ready for her usual classes until it's announced that another studen...
The Out Crowd By Rae

Teen Fiction

73.4K 4.1K 47
The truth may hurt, but lies kill.
692 1 22
this story is about college students that fall in love and there are obstacles in his way.