Flower in the Mirror [Hatake...

By SlytherinScum

Yuki Yumetsuki is an orphan of war, belonging to the Yuki Clan of Kirigakure but has been brought to the Kono... More

❄️ Chapter 1 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 2 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 3 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 4 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 5 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 6 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 8 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 9 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 10 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 11 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 12 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 13 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 14 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 15 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 16 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 17 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 18 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 19 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 20 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 21 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 22 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 23 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 24 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 25 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 26 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 27 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 28 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 29 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 30 ❄️
❄️ Interlude: Introduction to Yuki Yumetsuki ❄️
❄️ Chapter 31 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 32 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 33 ❄️
❄️ Chapter 34 ❄️

❄️ Chapter 7 ❄️

1K 69 41
By SlytherinScum

When Yumetsuki woke up the following morning, she found herself in an awfully familiar place – one of the many rooms at the Konoha Hospital. However, today, rather than checking on a patient, she was the patient admitted in herself. She felt disgruntled and wanted to get out of the bed but as she got grip onto her thoughts, her head flooded in with the memories of the night before.

The dreadful memories of being snatched away from right behind her home by people she did not recognise, thrown aside just as such and the strange cold in the air. But Yumetsuki felt an unknown warmth, too, and maybe it was embarrassment... but it originated from her lips.

Kakashi had kissed her. Yumetsuki knew that he was trying to make her breathe again but he was horrible at it. It made her face turn red again but she chalked it up to nothing. She didn't want to imagine that she had lost that first touch to Kakashi.

Birds chirping outside the window brought Yumetsuki out of her thoughts and she glanced outside to find that the sun had travelled far above the horizon while she had still been asleep.

A knock sounded on the door and as Yumetsuki looked over, it slid open to reveal that it was Grandma Chi. Yumetsuki held back her tears as the woman hurried over to check on her.

"My precious girl, how are you doing?" Grandma Chi asked as she quickly inspected Yumetsuki now that she was awake. "I heard everything – you were not scared, were you?"

"No," Yumetsuki whispered, not wanting to admit her feelings out loud because she knew that she would cry. "I am okay... how long do I have to stay in the hospital, Grandma Chi?"

"You will have to stay until the evening," Grandma Chi informed her, gently stroking her hair. "Once I have finished with my shift, I will personally escort you back home,"

For a few moments, Yumetsuki was silent before she let out a small sigh. It seemed like Grandma Chi understood what was going on through her head. She reached out to give the young girl a hug, gathering her into her arms and rubbing her back gently.

"It must have been so stressful for you, even if you were not scared," Grandma Chi said softly. "Not understanding why someone would want to hurt you or take you away,"

"Why... would they do this to me?" Yumetsuki breathed, trying to control her emotions. "I have never done anything to any of them... I have never hurt them... why must they hurt me...?"

"Of course, it's not because you are a bad person," Grandma Chi replied. "Those were bad people and Hokage-Sama will personally look into why they wanted you,"

"They were wearing Konohagakure uniform," Yumetsuki mumbled. "But they were from Kirigakure, I could tell so from the way they spoke... they want to take me away... I wish... I wish I was not who I am,"

"But you are a wonderful person, Yumetsuki-Chan," Grandma Chi insisted. "Why would you not want to be yourself? You are such a resilient young girl with so many talents. You are someone with dreams, someone filled with love and full of bonds, you're my Yuren-Chan,"

Yumetsuki could not respond with anything but tears as she allowed herself to be held in a hug by Grandma Chi. She still wished that she was not who she was. She wished that she never had to be resilient through the deaths of her parents, through moving villages and countries, suffering even here on different hands. Yet still, maybe someday the scale would tip on the side with love.

Yuren-Chan

Afternoon arrived swiftly afterwards with nothing much to do for Yumetsuki but rest while Grandma Chi went off to deal with her shift and look after the patients. Yumetsuki sat in her hospital bed, reading through the book that Grandma Chi had left with her to keep her company.

There had been no pouch turned into the police after the incident and Yumetsuki wondered where she had lost it when she tried so hard to keep it safe. She put her red yarn in there as well and now it was lost. She wished she could've worked on her scarf a little longer.

Materials and lives were short like that, Yumetsuki felt. Everyone wanted to have things a little bit longer, and everyone wanted their loved ones to live a little longer, too.

Just a bit longer, just enough to live another life with them.

Every age was too young to lose someone – Yumetsuki found her age too young to have lost both her parents. And she often found the elderly in her care reminiscing the same way, even when they had lost their parents not too far down the line. For her, it was a lot of time. For them, even that was too little.

That red yarn seemed to have a short life in her hands, too, and now it was one with the nature somewhere. Unlike humans, unlike her, maybe it was not meant to be rescued.

There was another knock on the door and Yumetsuki slowly looked over, expecting Grandma Chi to return with lunch. She wasn't hungry at all but she knew that Grandma Chi would insist on it.

However, it was not Grandma Chi at all.

Rather, Yumetsuki found herself gazing toward the father-son duo that had saved her the previous night: Hatake Sakumo and Kakashi. Yumetsuki felt her cheeks turn pink.

"Good afternoon, Yumeko-Chan," greeted Sakumo with a dazzlingly warm smile that only fathers could bestow. "We didn't happen to disturb you, did we?"

"No..." Yumetsuki replied in a small voice, bowing her head in greeting. "Good afternoon,"

"Kakashi and I were really worried about you," Sakumo continued. "He really insisted that we came to visit you – we brought fruits and lunch for you, if you don't mind,"

Sakumo brought over a basket of winter fruits and some packed lunch, waft of which told Yumetsuki that it was fish and rice. She, however, was looking at Kakashi in surprise, having always thought that he did not like her very much. She did not expect him to insist on visiting her.

Even at the moment, Kakashi was not looking at her at all. He was looking around the hospital room with such an interest as if the one occupying it had no value themselves.

That mask was back on his face again and Yumetsuki remembered how taken aback she was upon seeing him without it. He was almost pretty-looking, with a small mole by his chin. She would have liked to see him without the mask again but she respected his boundaries. Besides, it made her shy.

"I appreciate it," Yumetsuki replied, trying to smile but failing miserably so she bowed her head again toward Sakumo and she looked up when he ruffled her hair gently. "Thank you,"

"Just be sure to eat all well and get back to your feet again," Sakumo told her kindly. "I heard you were working with Chiharu-San – I'm sure the people of Konoha would want you back quickly,"

It was the simplest thing to say but Yumetsuki felt it set into her chest in a way she couldn't have imagined. She bowed her head once again and made sure to smile at Sakumo, no matter how strange the smile was. Sakumo nodded at her and parted from the hospital room soon after.

Yumetsuki turned her head toward Kakashi, who was still standing inside of the room. Her eyes met with his grey pair and for a moment, she had no idea what to say to him.

"... thank you for helping me," Yumetsuki spoke up. "I appreciate it,"

Kakashi stared back into Yumetsuki's ocean blue eyes, glinting with their silver rings, and he found embarrassment creep under his mask as he remembered the way those eyes had held that numinous flow within them the night before. It felt embarrassing that he had touched a person that exuded such a strange sense of mysticism within the mere touch.

Suddenly, realising that he had been simply staring at the girl with silence in response to her gratitude, Kakashi felt his embarrassment almost burst through him. He grunted awkwardly in response and hurried to leave the hospital, leaving the white-haired girl utterly bewildered.

Yumetsuki was silent as she processed what had just happened in front of her and she had nothing to say. She couldn't understand why he had done this, if she had been somehow rude.

I suppose he really does not like me.

It was what Yumetsuki had thought of regarding Kakashi's behaviour that day – until her eyes fell onto the table on the foot of her hospital bed. There sat her Ninja pouch, complete with her yarn.

Kakashi-Kun... got it?

That day passed by slowly but Yumetsuki was glad to be back home at the orphanage by nightfall. She took off her boots and set them in her cabinet before taking her slippers. Grandma Chi helped her shed her coat and scarf as Haruko came hurrying down the corridor.

However, before Haruko could say something strange, Grandma Chi asked her to serve the dinner early that night. Yumetsuki did not say anything herself, only greeting the woman and heading to her room so that she could change into her pyjamas. She was excused to have dinner by herself.

Yumetsuki had barely settled when there was a quick knock on the door. She tilted her head, knowing that it was not Grandma Chi. She slid it open to find Isamu standing there.

"Isamu-Kun?" Yumetsuki asked, surprised to see him here. "Um, is everything alright...?"

"We came to apologise," Isamu informed her and then glared to his right until Katsuro, Jiro and Ryu moved into view. Yumetsuki bit the inside of her cheek. "We're really sorry about what happened,"

"We're really sorry about what happened," repeated Katsuro, Jiro and Ryu in a mutter, unable to meet eyes with Yumetsuki and she felt a bit awkward at the situation.

"There is no need to apologise, those men had nothing to do with you," Yumetsuki replied.

"You're being too nice," Isamu said. Yumetsuki blushed. "It was our behaviour that led you into the situation. I hope you will forgive us,"

For the first time in a long while, Yumetsuki felt like that she was being truly accepted by those her age. Kakashi had helped rescue her, and Isamu and his friends had considered her human enough to apologise for hurting her feelings. She felt like she was safe in this village after all.

Yumetsuki was back to her duties the following morning, working at the Konoha Hospital. It would be some time before she would be given a mission outside the village, however. Still, she believed that was it yet it seemed like the elders around her were now worried.

That became apparent when the Third Hokage called her for their usual training in Training Ground Three. There was someone else present with Hiruzen – a young blond man.

"Yumeko-Chan, I see you're here," Hiruzen said as Yumetsuki approached them nervously.

"Hokage-Sama," Yumetsuki replied, bowing her usual ninety-degree bow before doing the same toward the older blond. She was curious about him. "Is everything okay?"

This person appeared to be in his late teens with long blond hair and crystal blue eyes that stood out on his lightly tanned skin. He was smiling and Yumetsuki felt like he was handsome enough to make one blush. She avoided meeting eyes with him in case of suffering through that embarrassment.

"Of course, everything's okay," Hiruzen told her. "If you are doing well, everything is okay," He smiled at her. "I want to introduce you to your new teacher from here onwards,"

"Good afternoon, it's nice to meet you," greeted the man with Hiruzen. "My name is Namikaze Minato, I'm going to be your new Sensei! What is your name?"

"Yuki Yumetsuki, nice to meet you..." Yumetsuki replied, surprised by the news. "Everyone calls me Yumeko," She hoped he would use that name as well.

"Minato-Kun may be young but he was the star student of my own discipline, Jiraiya-Kun," Hiruzen informed Yumetsuki. "I find him to be an excellent candidate as your Sensei,"

"Hokage-Sama, allow us to get acquainted to each other by ourselves," Minato spoke up, which seemed to amuse Hiruzen, who agreed with a nod. "I may not be a Medi-Nin but I'm sure there is a lot that I can teach you, Yumeko-Kun!"

"Yes..." Yumetsuki replied, pleasantly surprised by the suffix attached to her nickname but then she nodded lightly. "I am looking forward to learning from you, Minato Sensei," Minato blushed at the title. "What will you be teaching me today?"

"It's no fun if we begin teaching on the first day, is it?" Minato said. "Rather, how about we take a trip around the village to get to know each other? I also really want you to meet someone,"

"Meet someone?" Yumetsuki inquired, not used to this style of teaching but interested.

"Her name is Uzumaki Kushina," Minato informed her. "She's really excited to meet my very first student, you see. We can all learn more about each other before we start training! Is that okay?"

"It is okay," Yumetsuki replied, figuring that it would turn out to be good in the long run.

As Yumetsuki and Minato set off together to leave the training grounds, Hiruzen looked after them and thought back to what his advisors had been discussing with him. Ever since they had learned of Yumetsuki's ability with inherited Kekkei Genkai of such calibres, they had been fairly uncomfortable about what her presence meant for and within their village.

Hiruzen's own teammates were not happy with the choices that he had made so far when it came to the girl. Yumetsuki could very well be a threat to the village and even hold the potential to ruin Konohagakure. They wanted to keep in the academy for as long as possible.

The first time that he had gone against his advisors was when he allowed her to graduate early – Hiruzen saw plenty of drive, potential and skill within the girl but he also knew that the loneliness in the academy might prompt her to go down a lonesome path if not graduated early.

Those skills of hers were also very vital in this choice – Yumetsuki needed more than the academy. She was doing well and adapting into the lifestyle outside of it better.

All this potential was not only seen by Hiruzen, he knew that, and he knew that Danzo had been very interested in her as well. He had even approached her. Hiruzen understood the risk of Yumetsuki falling into the wrong hands and he had to look for a way to keep her from getting corrupted by Danzo, despite the fact that he could not voice this opinion out loud because it would steer too much... chaos amongst all circles that revolved around him.

So, in the end, Hiruzen had no choice but to find suitable people for Yumetsuki to be surrounded and influenced by. He knew that many orphans went into Root and made sure to mention it to Chiharu on many occasions to keep an attentive look over the little girl.

Originally, Hiruzen thought of appointing either Jiraiya or Tsunade as her Sensei but neither of them was available. The girl might have done even better while constantly on the move, and she had a wonderful, innate hold onto the concept of healing.

Yet Minato appeared as almost a miracle – he was the perfect person to teach her while also keeping her away from Danzo in any case that he approached her again. Him or anyone else.

No one knew about this plan except Minato and Hiruzen. They had kept it from the closest of allies, too, Chiharu and Kushina. Hiruzen had emphasised on how important it was to keep an eye on her.

❄️

Yumetsuki found herself genuinely appreciating the time she spent training with Minato. Hiruzen had taught so many Jutsus and physical sparring but somehow, maybe because he knew how to have youthful fun, Yumetsuki gravitated toward Minato more and more as her Sensei. Before she had even realised it, several months had passed while under his tutelage.

That was until Yumetsuki and Minato were called into the Third Hokage's office one fine afternoon where the winter sunlight cascaded into the open and airy circular room. Hiruzen took that moment to tell Yumetsuki that she would be privately promoted to Chunin once she was formally evaluated.

"Hokage-Sama," Yumetsuki spoke up quietly yet her blue eyes were uncharacteristically wide in surprise. "Why can I not participate in the Chunin exams next year? They are within three months,"

"I am aware of that," Hiruzen replied in his usual light tone. "However, Minato-Kun and I believe that you are already prepared to become a Chunin. There is no need for you to participate,"

"We have seen your performance over the last eight months," Minato explained. "Grandma Chiharu have her input for your first leg as Genin and myself for the last few months,"

"In that case, how will I be evaluated, Hokage-Sama?" Yumetsuki inquired, giving into them, knowing somewhere inside why she was being held back like this.

"I will take a detailed overview of your work at the Hospital," Hiruzen began. "Minato-Kun will provide me with your personal growth which I will overlook with Chiharu. There will be a written test for you and a physical test so that you may be judged accordingly,"

"Will I be fighting Minato Sensei?" Yumetsuki asked and Minato looked at her in surprise as she continued, "He is a Chunin of your choice, a strong candidate for you to place as my teacher,"

"You want to fight Minato?" Hiruzen asked. Yumetsuki nodded in reply.

"Uh..." Minato spoke in an attempt to intervene, raising his hand but he just shrunk under the super determined look that Yumetsuki was giving the Third Hokage.

The following week went through like that for Yumetsuki. Her work history at the Konoha Hospital was brought in and discussed with her in detail, then she had a lengthy discussion with Hiruzen once Grandma Chi and Minato had provided her evaluations to him. Her written test was held that Friday where she was marked well and then she had a physical test with Minato.

Fighting against Minato was always something that simultaneously thrilled and frustrated Yumetsuki. She always found his speed too much to match, no matter how much she sparred with him. Yet that day, the fight had gone fairly well on her end.

Yumetsuki exhausted herself that evening and landed herself in the hospital where she awoke to find that Minato was sitting nearby, reading a book – one of his favourites from Jiraiya.

"Minato Sensei?" Yumetsuki spoke up quietly and tiredly, and Minato smiled as he looked toward her, closing the book and setting it down.

"You're up, hm?" Minato asked. "It's about time. You used quite a bit of your Kekkei Genkai today. Still, you managed to hold up very good and you woke up earlier than I expected,"

Letting out a small sigh, Yumetsuki slowly pushed herself to sit with her back to the hospital bed's headboard. It irritated her scars a little but she bore with them and closed her eyes, setting her hands onto her lap as she processed what had happened that day.

"What are you thinking about?" Minato asked, breaking the silence and Yumetsuki opened her eyes, looking over toward her teacher with her eyebrows creased thoughtfully.

"I was wondering about what you told me the day we met," Yumetsuki said carefully as she looked down at her pale, thin fingers. "You said you wanted to be the Hokage... why?"

"Well," Minato said, smiling slightly as he thought about his dream. "I want to be a great Hokage," He grinned. "Because I want to be acknowledged and because... I want to be the Fire's shadow that illuminates the village," Yumetsuki stared at him. "Don't look at me like that!"

"Can I tell you something?" Yumetsuki asked.

"Of course, what is it?" Minato replied, wondering if she was going to call him strange.

"Do not tell it to anyone," Yumetsuki said. "Promise, not even Grandma Chi knows about this," Minato looked at his student curiously and went to say something but Yumetsuki cut through it, "Do not say anything strange, please allow me to finish,"

"Alright," Minato said in agreement, sweat-dropping at how blunt she was at time but growing serious when he noticed the look on the younger girl's face as she faced him.

"I know I am young," Yumetsuki spoke slowly. "But I have tried to h –"

There was a loud bang, causing both Yumetsuki and Minato to jump slightly, turning their heads to find that it had been the door that had slid open so loudly – and in came the exuberant, vibrantly redheaded and Minato's girlfriend, Uzumaki Kushina.

"Yumeko-Chan...!" exclaimed Kushina happily, shattering both Yumetsuki and Minato's ears as she came rushing closer to them. "I heard you got promoted to Chunin!"

"What is Kushina-San talking about –" Yumetsuki struggled to get it all out but was silenced as Kushina squashed the white-haired girl in her arms. "I cannot breathe..."

"Careful, Kushina!" Minato yelped, trying to pull the love of his life off before she suffocated his very first student to death. "You're going to hurt her like this!" Kushina finally released Yumetsuki. "Besides, Hokage-Sama said he's going to think about it!"

"It's the same thing," Kushina insisted. "You know how he is, and besides, Yumeko-Chan is talented enough to be a Jonin," Minato sweat dropped and Yumetsuki sighed. "Oh, right. Chiharu-San asked me to give this to you – she said not to leave, she'll come pick you up when she's finished working,"

"Thank you," Yumetsuki replied, noticing the familiar blue lunchbox adorned with white rabbits and snowflakes. She took the warm box from Kushina, knowing what was inside – broiled mackerel pike.

"You should eat and rest for a while," Kushina advised her. "You must be exhausted," Yumetsuki nodded. "Minato-Kun's disturbing you, isn't he? I'll remove him,"

"Remove me?" Minato asked, pouting. "That sounds so..." Kushina caught him by his ear and the blond was pulled out of the hospital room. "See you later, Yumeko-Kun!"

"Rest tomorrow as well, Yumeko-Chan," Kushina said. "Don't force yourself too soon, okay?"

"Yes, I will, thank you," Yumetsuki replied, nodding and bowing her head as well. "I will see Minato Sensei and Kushina-San tomorrow evening, please take care as well,"

Kushina happily waved goodbye and closed the door after herself and Minato, leaving Yumetsuki in silence until Grandma Chi would be free. She looked down at the lunchbox, opening to reveal that it really was her favourite fish with some steamed rice and pickled sides. Her eyes caught the book that Minato seemed to have dropped on her bed as he had been pulled out –

Tale of the Utterly Gutsy Shinobi

❄️

Yumetsuki found herself receiving further opportunities as she embraced the title of Chunin, even when she did not want to become one. To her, it appeared as if people were always asking too much of her and that she would rather not race through life. She wanted to learn things slowly, easy and just all around at her very own pace. And in doing so, her current interest was –

"Fuinjutsu is very intriguing," Yumetsuki admitted as she looked through the length of the scroll that Minato had lent her. "However, I am not sure if I will be able to fully understand their usage,"

Evening was falling upon Konohagakure, and Yumetsuki had joined Minato and Kushina at their new home, one bought together once they had gotten engaged on the first day of Spring.

Minato had continued to mentor Yumetsuki along with her previous two teachers, and was now learning some of his Fuinjutsu during afternoons she was free from the hospital work.

"You're still doing well for someone just starting," Minato said with a smile. He looked toward the clock on the wall opposite him. "What time is it?"

Suddenly, Minato stood up from the Chabudai and Yumetsuki looked at him in concern.

"Is everything okay, Sensei?" Yumetsuki inquired.

"I have to go and meet my new team," Minato said.

Ever since Yumetsuki had 'graduated' from under his tutelage, he had gotten a new team of Genins. She was a bit disgruntled about sharing her Sensei but relented in the end – still, she never inquired him about his team and was too busy to see them around.

The sound of chopping stopped in the kitchen as Kushina arrived out into the living room, looking toward her fiancé, "You're heading out already?"

"Yeah," Minato replied as he began assembling his stack of scrolls.

"How long is it?" Kushina asked.

"It'll take about fifteen to twenty minutes," Minato answered. "We're just going to have a talk about our mission tomorrow – I've got to inform them about it,"

"Come back home in time for dinner," Kushina said, waving the spatula around in warning.

"Of course," Minato said as he grabbed his flak jacket, pulling it on before heading over to the redhead to give her a kiss. "I wouldn't miss dinner,"

Yumetsuki took the moment to pack up everything, rolling up all the scrolls and putting them away where they belonged – whether with her or with her teacher. She did not look at the engaged couple in front of her, not used to the public display of affection of such nature.

"Minato Sensei, Kushina-San, I will be taking my leave now as well," Yumetsuki informed them and she watched as Kushina looked toward her with a frown.

"Stay for dinner, Yumeko-Chan, at the very least," Kushina insisted. "You must be hungry!"

"Thank you but I must really get going," Yumetsuki replied. "Grandma Chi must be wondering where I am – I came here right after my shift at the hospital,"

"You always say that," Kushina said, pouting at the girl. "I want to treat you to dinner, too!"

"I apologise," Yumetsuki replied, bowing her head.

"It's okay, you don't have to apologise, Yumeko-Kun," Minato said as he patted her head gently. "Kushina, she's been here all afternoon. Grandma Chiharu must be worried,"

"I'll let you off the hook this time but we have to plan a dinner together, soon!" Kushina told her and Yumetsuki nodded at once. "Good, be careful walking home. Minato, you can drop her off,"

"Oh no, it is okay," Yumetsuki insisted. "Sensei must talk to his team and come back to you as quickly as possible. I will be alright, I always am,"

Yumetsuki walked over to the Genkan where she slipped on her shoes carefully before bowing deeply toward Minato and Kushina, "I will be leaving now, please take care, good bye," She closed the front door behind her as she left the newly-inhabited house.

The air outside was fresh and Yumetsuki began to make her way toward the direction of the Orphanage, knowing that it was her duty to help out with dinner tonight.

While walking down the main street, an arm suddenly swung around Yumetsuki's shoulders and she looked around to find the pleasant face of Yuhi Kurenai, who was smiling at her.

"Yumie-Chan!" Kurenai greeted happily. "It's been so long! Where have you been?"

"Kurenai Senpai," Yumetsuki replied as the black-haired girl began to walk next to her. "I apologise, I was busy with my missions... how have you been, Senpai?"

"Oh, Yumie-Chan, you don't have to call me Senpai like we're in Academy!" Kurenai said. "Would you like it if I called you Senpai because you graduated two days before me?"

"No..." Yumetsuki said, blushing slightly. "I understand,"

"Good," Kurenai replied, chuckling. "I have been really busy, too! I wish I was as good as you so I could graduate by myself – working on missions in a team can be really tough,"

"It is nothing like that, Kurenai-Chan," Yumetsuki insisted, her cheeks still pink. "You are very good as well. There must be fun things regarding being in a team, too,"

"There are but not when the Chunin exams are coming up," Kurenai said. "Sensei wants us to do well since others from our class are going to participate – wait, did you hear about Kakashi-Kun?"

"Kakashi-Kun?" Yumetsuki inquired, and it must have appeared to Kurenai that the white-haired girl had forgotten him, rather than that she was inquiring about the 'gossip'.

"Don't you remember him?" Kurenai asked. "He was in your class and hung out with me and Asuma-Kun and Gai-Kun and all the others. He had a real liking to you!"

"I-I know who he is, Kurenai-Chan," Yumetsuki stammered, not sure what to think about Kakashi right now. "I meant, what were you saying about him?"

"Oh, my bad," Kurenai replied, rubbing the back of her head. "Right – he's been added into a team! He's been working with them and they've also applied for the Chunin exams!"

"Kakashi-Kun is in a team of Genin?" Yumetsuki asked, taken aback as she had always imagined him to want to work all on his own. "I... who is he working with?"

"You might recognise their names, Gai-Kun told me that they were from your class," Kurenai said eagerly. "There's a girl named Nohara Rin and another boy, Uchiha Obito,"

"Uchiha... Obito, hm?" Yumetsuki replied and she was suddenly very envious of Kakashi being able to join him. She remembered she was with Kurenai. "Right, yes, I do recognise him – I mean, them,"

All the way down the down the road where Yumetsuki and Kurenai had to part ways, the black-haired girl inquired the white-haired girl of her old classmates who had graduated a year after her and then talked more about other things that were going on in her own life.

"Oh, no, my home is already here," Kurenai said, pouting that their journey together had come to an end. "It was really nice talking to you, Yumie-Chan, let's meet again later!"

Yumetsuki watched Kurenai hurry up to her house where her mother greeted her at the door. She waved goodbye and headed toward the direction of the orphanage, thinking about what Kurenai had told her. Her mind trailed off toward the boy who did not even know her name. She sighed softly to herself as she reached home, heading straight to the kitchen.

Unbeknownst to her, Obito would
be re-entering her life very soon.

❄️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 399 33
Miyuki is unsure about herself, her past, present and her future. She does not know of her parents and lived in the Blood mist village for the first...
30.2K 709 22
Naruto Uzumaki is the eldest of four siblings, born into the Uzumaki family, renowned for their strong chakra and their special connection to the Nin...
117K 2.7K 19
Naruto was sick of it all. Sick of the all the glares, and whispers that follows him through Konoha. He has no one except himself, for the first four...
13.5K 255 28
Before the battle with the Nine Tail Fox. Minato discovered that his hero the second Hokage abandoned the Uzushio to its fate of destruction. His tho...