Darkness rising

By CommanderALFA

After the arrival of Tailgate, Arcee's old partner, things have drastically changed for Jack. Arcee has seemi... More

The arrival
Misery
Escape
Heartbreak
Left behind
Past truths and regrets
Interrogation
Torture
Airachnid
Breaking Jack Darby
Broken
Game changer
new and improved
The awakening
Training
Encountering the Autobots
Darkness
Discovery Pt. 1
Discovery Pt. 2
What's Wrong With Jack Darby
Sunsets
Infiltration In Pentagon
War Path
Encountering The Decepticons
Intuition
No Way Back
Hurt

First battle

1.9K 42 13
By CommanderALFA

Here's a little info on Cybertronian anatomy. I will be using a lot of words from here. So if you get confused, you can just check the chart to understand what I am saying.

Head area

Brain: Processor / Brain Module

Head: Helm

Face: Face plate

Ears: Audio receptors / Receptor Orifice / Audials

Nose: Enstril / Olfactory Sensor

Eye brow: Optical Ridge

Eyes: Optics

Mouth: Intake

Lips: Dermas

Teeth: Denta/Dentas

Tongue: Glossa

Head armour

Helm - Helmet in case you couldn't figure that out.

Mouthpiece - look at G1 Optimus Prime for the best idea as to what it is.

Visor - Animated Blitzwing (Hothead) is the best guy to look at for that one.

Chest area

Chest: Chassis / Thoraxal Cavity

Back: Hexa-Lateral Scapula

Spine: Bipedalism cord / Back Strut

Chest and back armour.

Chest plate

Back plate

Mid-section plating

Neck guard

Side plating

Arm area

Arms: Arms / Restarlueus

Forearms: Bitarlueus

Hands: Servos

Fingers: Digits

Arm armour

Gantlets

Shoulder pads

Arm guard

Lower area

Pelvis: Pelvis

Butt: Aft / Skid-Plate

Thighs: Tibulen

Calves: Cadulen

Feet: Pedes - the high heel bits are called Struts or Heel Struts.

Lower armour

Skirt plates

Aft plate / Skid plate

Thigh guard

Ankle guard

General/Internal components

Muscles: Cables / Pistons - It depends on the area in question.

Veins: Fuel lines

Stomach: Tanks

Lungs: Vents - used to stop the con/bot from overheating.

Heart: Spark

Tattoos: D-con/A-bot Insignias and the lark

T-Cog: The thing that allows all Cybertronians to transform, be that their arms or their whole body.
___________________________________________

"You know, it could have been much easier if we were up in the air." Airachnid said as she followed Jack in her bipedal form.

"And it will easily give out our location. The noise from the rotors alone would be enough to alert people in a huge radius. And I am pretty sure that the Decepticons have radars and other safety measures to alert them." Jack replied.

Jack had his helmet retracted and was only using a face mask that he had formed to cover the lower half of his face, concealing his identity. He was using his built-in systems to track down the Energon mine. After a while of looking around they found what looked like a giant cave entrance. The duo glanced at each other and Jack nodded. Airachnid nodded back and then they went inside. They didn't have to look around for much time and soon they found two Vehicons chatting among themselves. They were probably guards.

A sudden noise caught the attention of the Vehicons. They activated their blasters and went to find the source of the noise. They eventually split up to cover more ground. One of them kept searching until he found a dead end in the area he was searching. He was about to leave when he suddenly, from the corner of his optic, saw something small moving. He aimed his blaster at the supposed location of that thing. He looked around, his blaster ready to fire. He felt a slight tingle of fear in the back of his mind. Suddenly something lept at him and the next thing he knew was that something had slashed across his blaster. It was too damaged to be used. The Vehicon suddenly let out a scream of pain and dropped on his knees as he felt excruciating pain in his cadulens. He looked behind to check what happened, and saw that there were long slash wounds on his cadulen, which were leaking Energon, and the pistons connected to his tibulen and cadulen were completely cut off. Supporting himself on his functioning arm, the Vehicon looked around to see what was the thing that was attacking him. He was clearly afraid. Just then he heard a thump as something fell on his shoulder. He didn't even get the chance to twist his helm and see what it was, before he let out another scream and dropped on the ground. His voice box, along with some vital fuel lines were severed. Before his optics turned off, he saw a figure which looked like a minicon, standing in front of him.

The other Vehicon soon reached the scene after hearing the screams of his partner. Once there, what he saw both shocked and horrified him. His commared was dead. Standing beside him was what looked like a human sized transformer, holding a sword in its hand.

"Is that a minicon?...." The Vehicon thought.

The figure looked at him and the Vehicon aimed his blaster at the figure. But suddenly a sharp pain shot through his neck. And soon after he fell down, dead. Airachnid watched in satisfaction at her handiwork. She then looked at Jack A.K.A Darkstriker. she had to admit, he looked terrific and meanancing in his full armour.

(A/N: This is what Jack's armour looks like)

"If you're done staring, I believe we have a mission to complete." Darkstriker told her as he proceeded to leave.

"Yes we do…… partner." Airachnid said as he passed her.

Darkstriker stopped in his path and glanced at her once. She could bet that he was smirking under his helmet. He then continued on his path and Airachnid followed after him.

The main mining area of the Energon mine was how any one would expect it. Loud and busy. Most of the Vehicons present there were workers, mining and refining Energon. Some of the Vehicons were observing what was going on in the mine and some were guarding certain areas and patrolling around the place. One such Vehicon came across the communication system. He was shocked and panicked when he saw that the device was badly damaged and rendered useless. The Energon mines were usually situated deep inside mountains or at times, underground. The Com-links they normally use aren't capable of functioning properly due to the amount of minerals covering the mine interfering with the radio waves. So they needed specially designed communication devices to contact the Decepticon warship. If it was taken out, that meant they couldn't call for backup, putting them in a disadvantage against their enemies if they were attacked.

The Vehicon was about to rush towards his superiors to report this but suddenly Darkstriker came out his hiding spot, his rifle aimed at the Vehicon. In mere moments, the Vehicon dropped dead on the floor as a single energy bolt shot from the rifle pierced his helm and fried his processor.

"Damn this thing is powerful." Darkstriker mumbled as he reattached his rifle on the holder on his back.

In a different place in the mine, two unfortunate guards were ambushed by Airachnid. She easily offlined them by stabbing them in vital places like their Spark and processor with her spider-like legs. Darkstriker and Airachnid continued their stealthy approach. Taking down the unsuspecting enemies in a sudden ambush. The two eventually regrouped after taking down most of the guards.

"The guards are out. Alarms are off. Now what?" Airachnid asked.

"Now we strike." Darkstriker told her as he pulled out his sword.

The Vehicons working in mines were initially started when Airachnid and Darkstriker attacked them. They soon got out of the initial shock and retaliated, but it didn't seem to do much against the duo. Jack dashed towards one Vehicon, who was trying to shoot at him, and jumped up and slashed him across his side. The Vehicon grunted in pain and clutched his wound, but before he could recover Darkstriker delivered another slash on his cadulen, making him drop on his knee. He jumped up and delivered one final slash on the Vehicon's neck, cutting some vital fuel lines and leaving the con to leak to death.

Darkstriker then noticed a Vehicon trying to sneak up behind Airachnid, who was currently battling two other Vehicons. Seeing this he immediately got his rifle and shot the Vehicon before he could try anything. Two energy bolts hit the Vehicon in his chest, followed by another one in his head, killing him instantly. Airachnid noticed this after finishing off her opponents and glanced back at Darkstriker and gave a nod in acknowledgement. Darkstriker noded back and then went to deal with the rest of the Decepticons present in the mine. He shot down many of them from a distance, and some who managed to get close to him were cut by him and left to leak to death. But soon his rifle began to overheat and Darkstriker had to retire to his blade. He used his speed, small size and enhanced physiology to his advantage as he took down his enemies one by one.

Airachnid on the other hand was enjoying the battle. It has been quite some time since she was in the field last time. This battle helped her calm her 'bloodlust' as humans put it. Her spider-like legs pierced through the spark chamber of her current opponent, instantly killing him. She pulled them out and watched her opponent fall with a satisfied smirk plastered on her face. Another unlucky Vehicon tried to charge at her, believing he could bring her down, only to have one of her spider-like legs emblemed in his helm. She then shot him in the chest, destroying his spark, further confirming he is dead. Suddenly some red coloured energy bolts came towards her, but she managed to dodge them. Her smirk widened as she noticed her pursuers and gladly charged at them. The Vehicons didn't stand a chance against her as she stabbed, shot and cut them to death.

Darkstriker used some of the explosives he had brought to injure and kill some other Vehicons. Their fight was almost over. There were barely a dozen more Vehicons left and he was sure that they could take them down without much of a problem. The remaining Vehicons initially went after Airachnid. Darkstriker dashed towards the Vehicon, his sword ready to engage. Just as he jumped up in the air, Darkstriker used one of his special abilities. His sword suddenly began to glow as red coloured plasma-like energy appeared around the blade and Darkstriker used it to slash the Vehicon across his face, killing him instantly. Airachnid then dealt with another Vehicon by stabbing him in the spark and shooting him in the head. Darkstriker and Airachnid fought side by side to finish off the remaining Vehicons. Suddenly Darkstriker got hit by an energy bolt. Although his armour saved him from getting any serious injury, the blast did throw him back. He tried to get back up but a Vehicon suddenly came beside him and kicked him, throwing him far away. The Techno organic warrior dropped in a dark corridor-like area. He heard the footsteps of multiple Vehicons coming at his position. He knew that he couldn't take down multiple enemies at once at his current state. Suddenly his eyes fell on a large crystal of Energon that was just a few feet away from him. He walked towards the crystal. He was grinning behind his mask as the fingertips of his left arm slightly transformed and he stabbed his left hand into the Energon crystal.

Three Vehicons stood in front of the dark corridor-like area. Their blasters were ready. They cautiously went inside the dark area. The other remaining Vehicons were fighting with Airachnid. If it was any other scenario, they wouldn't have been enough to deal with the Spider-bot. But since she was exhausted after the long battle, they did manage to overpower her. The trio of Vehicon slowly made their way inside, but suddenly stopped when they saw something. In the distance there were a pair of glowing electric blue lights floating in mid air. They looked like a pair of optics. One of the Vehicons shot an energy blast which went past those glowing lights, momentarily illuminating the slim figure of a Transformer. Realising there's an enemy in front of them, the Vehicons tried to shoot the transformer. But the transformer moved at an unbelievable speed and dodged them and dashed at the Vehicons.

Airachnid was on the ground. Due to her injuries and exhaustion, the remaining Vehicons had managed to overpower her. The one standing in front of her had his blaster ready to shoot her. But a sudden noise caught their attention. They looked towards the direction the noise came from and saw the head of a Vehicon rolling on the ground. The horrified Vehicons then saw a transformer approaching them. It was a mech. He was a foot shorter than average Vehicons and had a rather slim build. He was neither a bot, nor a con. But Airachnid recognised who that transformer was. A grin crept on her face as the transformer attacked the remaining Decepticons and in very little time killed them all. Airachnid got back on her feet and watched the transformer panting in exhaustion.

"Nice job Darkstriker. You never cease to impress me." Airachnid said.

The transformer began to transform and shrink until he finally reverted back to the form of Darkstriker. He retracted his helmet, leaving him only in his mask that covered the lower half of his face.

"Our work here is over. Let's contact Silas and inform him that the job is done." Jack said and then proceeded to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.7K 1.2K 21
Team Prime is facing changes. Through a continuing journey on Earth, Bumblebee manages to find trouble around every corner. Along the way, he realize...
58K 1.5K 33
Amelia Moore is Raf's babysitter since she was thirteen and has known Raf for three years. She is known to be cold and angry at everyone at Memorial...
46.6K 1K 66
FireFrost left Cybertron in the early days of the war. She did not want to choose between her siblings. She landed on Earth four years before any of...
64.6K 1K 28
Sometimes, Fate decides to barge into your life and mess everything up. Sometimes it messes things up in the best possible way. After Jack, Miko and...