What's Wrong With Jack Darby

The Autobot base was in silence after the Bots returned from their mission. Especially after the debriefing. Everyone was shocked by the revelation of the fact that Darkstriker was none other than their old friend, Jack Darby. Miko, Raf and June were yet to learn about this. Arcee was an emotional mess after returning back to the base. 

As for the others, they were still too stunned. Some were discussing how this was possible. While Ratchet was examining the broken pieces of Darkstriker's helmet that the Bots had brought back with him. Ratchet's optics widened as he found something. 

The medic quickly rushed out of his lab and went to the command centre. Most of the Autobots were gathered there, including Optimus. 

"Optimus!" Ratchet called out, revealing his presence to the other's in the room. 

"What happened Ratchet?" Optimus questioned. 

"I, I found something that might give us some idea on what's going on with Jack." The medic announced. 

"Wait, really!?" Bumblebee beeped. 

"We should inform Arcee about this too." Sideswipe said. 

"Yeah, she's been a mess ever since she returned and won't come out of her quarters." Bulkhead said in agreement. 

"I agree. Ratchet, prepare to show us what you found. I will go and get Arcee." Optimus said. 

The prime then left the command centre and went towards the private quarters of his teammates. He stopped in front of the door leading to Arcee's room. The computer panel on the side of the door showed it to be locked. Optimus took a deep breath and then knocked on the door. 

"Arcee, it is me. Optimus. Ratchet has found something about Jack that might give us some idea on what happened with him. I totally understand if you don't want to discuss about him. But you're welcome to join us if you want to." Optimus announced. 

He waited for some time for a response, but there was none. Optimus was about to leave when suddenly the doors opened. Arcee stepped out of her room, her head hung low. She looked up at Optimus. The Prime felt a pang in his chest as he stared at Arcee. He could see the stains of tears on her face plate. The strong and proud femme he knew looked so broken today. 

"I'm, I'm coming Optimus. I….. I need to know what's wrong with Jack." Arcee spoke. Her voice was gruff and you could notice the static in her voice if you listened carefully. 

"Arcee…" Optimus was about to say something, but Arcee spoke before him. "Optimus, please. I-I need to know. Jack would never betray us like that. I know for sure that there is something more going on. And, and I need to know it. I-I can't lose him again, Optimus." Arcee said, desperation evident in her voice. 

Optimus felt even sadder for Arcee as he saw how desperate she was. It is no secret that Arcee cared for her charge, Jack. But he always suspected there was something more going on between them. Optimus pulled Arcee into a hug. The femme whimpered a little but didn't reject the embrace. Optimus pulled away from her and knelt in front of her, bringing himself to her optic level. His servos were on her shoulder, holding her in a comforting grip. 

"Arcee," Optimus said,"I know how you're feeling. Believe me I do. I know Jack meant a lot to you and just like you, I also wish to bring him back too. But you can't let yourself fall over Arcee. You have to stay strong. For yourself. For him." 

Arcee stared into the Prime's optics. The determination, care and love was evident in those bright blue optics. She has always seen her leader as a parental figure. Arcee's lips curled into a smile." I… I'll try Optimus." Arcee said.