new and improved

It had been around a month since Project Darkstriker was initiated. The work was going rather smoothly. The most recent surgeries were done. Since Jack's left arm was almost useless, they decided an upgrade was needed. The replaced Jack's fingerless hand with a robotic one and had put in some cybernetic implants in various places in his arm. The nanotech was then injected into his arm. It quickly spread and properly joined the implants and the prosthetic with the nerves. The scientists did some scans and it turned out the nanotech was also reformatting the whole arm. The nanotech had replaced the nerves with a neural networking system similar to the ones they have seen in the bodies of Vehicons. Once that was done, it soon atw away what was left of Jack's organic arm and replaced it with a robotic one. Even going as far as improving the hand MECH provided Jack with, to accommodate his new physiology. The scientists helped the process by supplying the body with the necessary elements such as different types of elements, including titanium, sodium, potassium, and anything that could help the process, along with very small doses of Energon and Transformium, the metal Cybertronians were made of. It was a name they came up with and the metal worked wonders in improving Jack's physiology.

Soon they did the same thing with Jack's legs. They replaced his feet and had put on implants and then added nanotechnology. And for his right arm, they just put in implants and nanotech. The progress on the reformation of Jack's physiology was remarkable. The nanotech had quickly adapted to Jack's organic body and had combined the tech with his organic physiology, just the way it was expected.

(One month later)

A month later, the reformation of Jack's body was still going on. The scientists could only help the process by providing the body with elements it needs to survive and for reformation and occasionally providing it with either human tech or the Cybertronian tech they had salvaged from the dead Decepticons. It seemed to help as the nanotechnology had upgraded the tech to accommodate his body and turned them into a part of his physiology. He also required much more amount of Energon. According to the scans, the nanotech was reformatting Jack's internal organs.

They also studied Jack's brain waves, which revealed that Jack was in a coma-like state. But his brain waves also seemed to be rather stable. Jack's skin on some places had also changed. Except for a normal organic human skin, on some parts of his body, Jack's skin colour had changed into a metallic grey colour. They did some skins and the new 'skin' turned out to be some form of metal with some organic properties in it. Overall, Jack's transformation was coming along pretty well.

(One month later)

Another month later, Jack's transformation had improved significantly. They had to put him in a cryogenic pod filled with Energon and some organic materials like amino acid, protein, etc. The only thing they could do now was just observe the progress of the project. They had used almost all the Cybertronian nanotechnology on Jack. Granted it was a huge loss, but it seemed to be worth it.

In the past one month, Jack's physiology has drastically changed. The prosthetics were now properly part of his body. The scans showed that the nanotech had put some great changes in Jack. Most of his muscles were replaced by what seemed to be a metal based fyber which now was working as his 'muscles'. His neural networking system was completely replaced by a cybernetic neutral networking system. It seems like the nanotech was also using the organic matter they salvaged from Jack's body to strengthen the organic part of his body.

In the past month Jack has also gotten a growth spurt. Probably because of the reformation. He now stood around 6 feet 5 inches. His body structure has also improved. He was still rather lean, but had a toned body.

The most noticeable transformation was in the brain. The scans showed that the nanotech had replaced a huge chunk of Jack's brain with a techno organic CPU like system. They also noticed an increased amount of brain activity but it wasn't harmful. His brain activity showed him dreaming and remembering things. The nanotechnology by now had completely adapted to Jack's body and it seemed like it was protecting Jack's body from anything that could physically hurt him. Also a big portion of the nanotechnology injected in Jack seemed to just be stored in Jack's body. The scientists theorised that it might be for future repairs and upgrades of sorts.

The interesting thing that they found was that the scans showed some sort of energy forming in Jack's chest. After a lot of research and studying, they realised that Jack was starting to form what Cybertronians call a spark.

(One month later)

The reformation of Jack Darby was complete. His injuries were completely healed. There was metal skin on certain parts of Jack's body. Such as the areas where a robotic limb was attached with his main body or the places where there were too deep injuries. Although some of his scars were still visible. Such as some of the scars he had received during the surgery, the huge scar on his chest that he got due to the burn and some other scars he had received due to the torture. The spark was complete too. The scientists also found some sort of neural interface port in the back of Jack's head, just between his head and neck. They discovered through it, they could have partial access to his processing unit and could upload any sort of data directly in his head or possibly retrieve something from his head. Few weeks ago the scientists and programmers had worked together to put together a special type of program and uploaded it in Jack's mind. They have tried it before with a different type of program which was meant to turn Jack into a mindless weapon but the processing unit immediately rejected the program and destroyed it. But this new one was different. This new program would only influence Jack to be loyal to MECH while working as a filter to his memories, so that if he remembers anything about the Autobots or his past life, he will remember the negative aspects first.

And with that everything they could do was done. At this point they could just for Jack to wake up from his coma-like state. The machines that were hooked up with Jack, allowed them to check his vitals. Until one day….

Alarms blared in the lab as the scientists and soldiers hurried to their positions. Silas came inside the room. He went to the head scientist and inquired about what was happening.

"Sir it seems like the subject is waking up." The head scientist reported as he typed in his computer.

Silas himself checked the vitals of the boy once known as Jack Darby. They were quite stable and there weren't any anomalies. This meant only one thing. The subject was ready. Silas grinned at the realisation. He walked over to a spot in front of the cryogenic pod from where he could stare at the face of the subject. And in a few moments the person in front of him opened his eyes.

"Open the pod." Silas commanded.

"Are you sure sir?" One of the scientists asked.

"Yes. Yes I am." Came Silas's reply.

So the scientists complied with the command. The liquid inside the pod began to drain out as several wires and tubes were attached to the boy…. no man, automatically detached and then the glass tube retracted back on the floor and the man inside it dropped down on the floor, near Silas. He then slowly stood up, towering over Silas. The man just stared at Silas. His right eye was a normal human eye, but the left one was an optic, which flew in a combination of purple border and red centre.

"Welcome aboard Darkstriker." Silas proclaimed with a grin on his face.

Darkstriker's attention was suddenly caught by something else. He looked behind Silas. On the other side of the room, a certain Spider-bot was leaning against the wall, hiding under the shadows. His eye and optic met her purple optics and she smirked at him. Darkstriker couldn't help but return the smirk.