Heartbreak

It's been almost a month since Airachnid escaped. Jack lazily stared out of the window. Ever since that incident his mom had restricted him from going to the Autobot base, even when Optimus informed them that it's safe now. Jack was sick of how his life was going. Hanging out with the Autobots was the only way for him to escape from all this and now he couldn't do that either. As the bell rang and the class was dismissed, Jack went to the bathroom and rolled up his sleeves. He checked on the cuts on his arms. There were some new ones and the old ones were slowly healing. Jack traced his fingers over the scars as he remembered about the argument he had with his mother yesterday.

/Flashback/

"What do you mean by going to the Autobot base!? Do you have any idea how dangerous that place is!?" June asked Jack.

"Mom, it's safe to go there. Optimus himself informed us that." Jack argued.

"No, you don't understand. You're just a teen. You should be focusing on your studies, look for a good job and learn to become a responsible person. Not hang out with giant alien robots." June strictly told him.

"Mom. I already am doing all that stuff. I admit I am not the best student out there but I still get pretty good grades. I am already doing a part-time job and I have been a responsible person my whole life." Jack tried to argue.

"Jack, believe me I know what's best for you. And I don't want you to become anything like your father."

"Oh! so that's all it is about? Me becoming anything like him? You know it mom that I would never become someone like him."

"Jack, I don't want to talk about this anymore. I have told you this once and I won't say it again. You aren't going back to that base." June told him and turned her back on him.

Jack, furious at the events, stormed back into his room.

/Flashback over/

Jack left the bathroom and made his way towards his locker. While collecting his book several thoughts ran in his mind. Jack glanced at the corridor, leading to the entrance of the school.

"The hell with it." Jack thought as he put all the books back in his backpack and flung it over his shoulder as he quickly made his way out of the school.

Once outside he quickly ran out of the school premises. Luckily no-one caught him in the act. Once he felt he was at a safe distance he pulled out his phone and dialled a number.

"Hello?" The receiver of the call asked from the other side.

"Hey Sideswipe. It's me, Jack. Are you around?" Jack said.

"Jack!? I haven't heard from you since last month! Tell me where you are. I am coming to pick you." Sideswipe excitedly said.

Jack told him his location and then hung up. He and Sideswipe had quickly become good friends after a few days of his arrival. After sometime he noticed a red muscle car driving towards him. The car came to a screeching halt in front of him. Jack easily recognised the car and the Autobot on the hood made it easy to identify. Jack opened the car door and sat down in the empty passenger seat.

"Where to buddy?"  Sideswipe asked.

"Well, for now how about base? I would like to have a conversation with Arcee." Jack suggested.

"Well sure." Sideswipe agreed and drove away.

Some time later they were at the Autobot base. Jack got out of Sideswipe as he transformed into his bipedal form.

"Jack? I haven't seen you in a long time." Ratchet said as he noticed the presence of the human.

"Hey Ratchet. Do you know where Arcee is? I need to talk to her." Jack asked him.

"Yeah, she's at the top. You can take the elevator there." Ratchet informed him and went back to his work.

"Thanks Ratchet." Jack said as he went to the elevator.

Jack boarded the elevator and while it took him to the top level, Jack thought about what he would say to Arcee. He wanted to make amends with her and tell her about his feelings. He hoped that she would feel the same and if not then she would still be his friend. Once he reached the top Jack got out of the elevator and began looking for Arcee. But when he found her he stopped dead in his tracks. There he saw Arcee sitting at the edge with Tailgate and they were kissing. They didn't notice his presence. Jack had learnt enough about the Cybertronian lifestyle to know that Cybertronians also show their love and affection towards their partners by kissing them. Jack felt his heart shatter into a million pieces as tears slipped down his eyes. He couldn't bear to stand there any longer and quickly left that place. He took the elevator down. Once he was in the main section of the base he quickly wiped his tears away and fixed himself and went towards Ratchet.

"Ratchet can you please Ground bridge me to a place?" Jack asked the Cybertronian medic as he approached him.

Ratchet looked at the human. There was something in Jack's voice which made Ratchet agree to him. Jack gave him the coordinates and Ratchet opened a ground bridge for him. Jack bid his good bye and went through the portal, after which Ratchet closed it.

Arcee's P.O.V

I was shocked by what was happening. I was just sitting on the edge of the top of the base when Tailgate joined me not half a hour ago and he suddenly kissed me. I pushed him off myself and glared at him. I might deeply care about Tailgate but I am not interested in him that way.

"What was that Tailgate!?" I growled at him.

"Arcee…. I-I thought you liked me…." Tailgate said.

"Tailgate, I do like you but as a friend. I don't feel like that towards you." I told him.

"Is-Is there somebody else?" He asked me.

I looked away, but nodded. He is my best friend after all. I can tell him about it.

"Oh….. Um, well, um I am sorry for…… making you uncomfortable." He apologized.

"Look, Tailgate, I am sorry that I can't return your feelings but I really hope it doesn't put a strain on our friendship." I softly told him.

"Don't worry 'Cee. I will always have your back." Tailgate said with a smile.

I smiled back at him and then we proceeded to leave. While descending I thought how I am gonna approach Jack. I feel really guilty of what I told him. I want to make amends with him and tell him how I actually feel about him. Once we were down at the base, Tailgate left to do his daily patrol. I then went over to Ratchet to see what he was doing.

"Hey Ratchet. Whatcha doing?" I asked him.

"Just some regular work. So how did your meeting with Jack go?" Ratchet said.

"Wait what?" I asked him with shock.

"What? Jack came here a few minutes ago and went to the top to meet you. He just left a minute ago." Ratchet said, turning around to look at me.

I stood there shocked. It felt as if my feet were stuck on the floor as many thoughts rang through my mind. But then dread took over me as I realised that Jack must have seen Tailgate kissing me.