The Perfect Jedi • Anakin Sky...

By swiftielvrrr

Luna Organa was a feared Jedi Knight, who was also known as one of the most compassionate Jedi alive. She li... More

Cast
Prologue
Ch 1: Battle of Geonosis
Ch 2: Cal Kestis
Ch 3: Attack on General Grievous
Ch 4: Nute Gunray
Ch 5: Dooku Captured
Ch 6: Escape
Ch 7: Injured Jedi
Ch 8: Getting Help
Ch 9: Peacekeepers
Ch 10: Storming Ryloth
Ch 11: Nightmares
Ch 12: Jedi Spy
Ch 13: Poggle the Lesser
Ch 14: Duchess Satine
Ch 15: Bounty Hunters
Ch 16: Zillow Beast
Ch 17: Death Trap
Ch 18: Attack on Kamino
Ch 19: Tragic Stories
Ch 20: The Citadel
Ch 21: Counterattack
Ch 22: Citadel Rescue
Ch 23: Padawan Lost
Ch 24: New Padawan
Ch 25: Water War
Ch 26: Gungan Attack
Ch 27: True Identity
Ch 28: Kidnapped
Ch 29: Zygerria
Ch 30: Rescue Mission
Ch 31: Poppy Lakose
Ch 32: Bombing at the Jedi Temple
Ch 33: The Framed Jedi
Ch 34: Capturing Ahsoka
Ch 35: The Great Trial
Ch 36: The Dark Side
Ch 37: The Unknown
Ch 38: Fives
Ch 39: Return of Clovis
Ch 40: The Rise of Clovis
Ch 41: Chancellor Palpatine
Ch 43: Echo
Ch 44: Anaxes
Ch 45: Ahsoka
Ch 46: Order 66
Ch 47: The Twins
Attention

Ch 42: The Bad Batch

486 12 1
By swiftielvrrr

"The droids have overrun our main production facility" I said looking at the map. "It won't be long before the Separatists take Anaxes, compromising our entire reserve fleet."

"Excuse me, General, Rex has a good theory on why we keep, uh- losing?" Gree said as he and Rex walked towards Anakin and I.

"Rex" I said. "Explain this theory."

"The droid army uses analytics to predict our strategy. The first time we use a tactic, it's very effective. The next, less so" Rex said. "In fact, the more we use a certain tactic, the less effective it becomes. They learn our tendencies and use that data against us. To counter them, we're constantly working out ways to vary our attack."

I glanced at Anakin before sighing.

"But the losses we are experiencing on Anaxes are not commonplace" I said.

"Exactly" he said. "The counterattacks are so specific, it's my strategy the droids know, my playbook."

"My concern is that Rex is one of our best. If the droids can learn to defeat him, we may all be vulnerable" Gree said.

"So what do you propose?" I asked.

"Let Rex and me take a small squad behind enemy lines" he said. "There's a Separatists cyber center which relays all battlefield intel to their command ship. If we're going to find anything, it will be there."

"If you truly think it will help turn this fight around, get going, Gree" I said.

"Thank you, General" Rex said.

I nodded, turning to Anakin.

"Rex, is there anything else?" He asked.

"No, General" Rex said.

Gree and Rex walked away as I leaned against the console.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"Nothing" he said.

"It's not nothing" I said. "Don't lie to me."

"Rex has been acting differently" he said.

"Not long ago, he lost Fives" I said. "And before that Echo. I know what it's like losing someone close to you, it's not fun. Maybe it's just the grief taking over."

"That's what I'm afraid of" he said. "Look what it did to you, a fully trained Jedi."

I brushed off his comment as a day had passed as Anakin, Rex, the Bad Batch leader and myself walked onto the hangar.

"Word is the general staff isn't completely behind this mission" Hunter said.

"I admit the idea that Echo is still alive is a long shot" Rex said.

"I'm sure the Council will approve the mission" Anakin said to me.

"Alls it takes is a little convincing from me and we're solid" I said. "Just remember the primary goal is to learn how the Separatists are predicting our strategy, whether it's Echo behind it or not."

"Well, if you want my opinion, sounds like a trap but me and the boys will tag along anyway, if only to say 'I told you so'" Hunter said.

"Just make sure you're ready if we get the go ahead from General Kenobi" Anakin said.

"If you're certain he'll approve the mission, why wait? Let's get going" Rex said.

"First, we have that thing to do" he said.

"What thing?" I asked.

"You know" he said.

"We don't have time for that" I said.

"Yes we do" he said.

"Well, I'll just let you two sort this out" Hunter said. "I'll be waiting on the ship with the rest of the team."

"Really?" Rex said.

I rolled my eyes as Anakin and I walked to a bunker. Rex handed us his helmet as we walked inside while he stood guard.

"I don't think you should even be here" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I can sense it" he said.

"Sense what?" I asked.

He put his hand to my stomach as I slapped his hand away.

"For the last time, I am not pregnant!" I said. "I would know, it's my body."

"Don't hide it from me" he said.

"It's kind of something hard to hide" I said. "I am not pregnant. Now, stop touching my stomach."

"Luna" he said.

"I'm not" I said.

I put my hand behind his head as he leaned against it. A knock on the door startled us as we looked at each other.

"Obi-Wan is coming" I said.

I tilted my head looking at him as he said nothing.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'm afraid Rex is letting his personal feelings drive him too much on this mission" he said.

"Alls I know is, if there was even a chance at Cal being alive, I would take it" I said. "If we hadn't recovered his body, that thought would be stuck in the back of my head. Rex will be okay whether he's alive or not. He just misses him. But he needs you, he's always there for you so you need to be there for him."

"Ugh, I love you" he said.

"I love you too" I said.

I smiled as we walked towards the door. I grabbed Rex's helmet from Anakins hands as the doors whooshed open.

"Here you go, Rex" I said handing him his helmet. "Try not to break it again."

Anakin and I walked passed Obi-Wan as he muttered.

"About this mission, the Council thinks-" he said.

"That it's a good idea?" Anakin said.

"I agree and I am apart of the Council" I smiled.

"Let's get moving, Rex" he said.

We walked towards the ship as Obi-Wan stood in place.

"I hope your conversation was lovely!" He yelled.

I rolled my eyes as I got onto the ship. Anakin stood beside Crosshair as he examined his gun.

"So, how many missions has your team been on, Sergeant?" I asked looking at Hunter.

"Honestly, sir, I've lost count" he said. "All the action sort of blurs together."

"Understandable" I said.

"Hey, I heard about Cal" he said.

"You knew Cal?" I asked.

"We worked with him a couple times when we needed a Jedi accompanied" he said. "Sad to hear about his passing. He was a good leader."

I smiled as the ship shook.

"We are approaching Skako Minor. It looks to be a difficult landing" Tech said from the controls.

I went to sit beside Tech, helping him with the landing. Sand blurred our vision as I tried to see past the front of the ship.

"Rex, what do we know about this place?" Anakin asked.

"On this part of Skako, there's a race of locals, the Poletecs" Rex said. "All we know is they're very primitive."

"Primitive is being kind. My intel says the Poletecs worship flying reptiles" Tech said.

"Fantastic" I sighed.

A creature screeched upon landing on the front of the ship.

"What the heck was that!" Wrecker yelled.

"I want that thing off my ship" Hunter said.

We ran off the ship as a being sat atop the creature. I grabbed my sabers, igniting them.

"Hey! Get off of there!" Wrecker said.

"Calm down. We need to talk to them" I said.

"Why?" Hunter asked.

"The Generals right" Rex said.

"Look out Rex!" Anakin yelled.

I ducked down as the reptile flew down. I turned my head as Anakin was grabbed by one of them, my arm was then yanked into the sky as my sabers fell to the ground. The creature settled to the ground as it put it's weight against my body. I attempted to look at Anakin as the Poletecs spoke in their native language. Soon, the creature stepped back as it got stunned. I stood up dusting the dirt off myself, looking at the Bad Batch and Rex. The Poletec leader held his hands up angered as we all glanced at one another.

"Tech, translate that" Hunter said.

"He says he does not want our way on his planet" he said. "That is why he took our leaders."

"We didn't bring the war here. It was Wat Tambor and the Separatists" Anakin said.

Tech began talking their language as I looked around. The Poletec leader allowed scouts to help us find our way. We followed the scouts as they pointed to where we needed to go. I looked down the cliff before turning around.

"Hope nobody's scared of heights" I said.

Hunter and Crosshair both turned to Wrecker as I smiled.

"I'm not scared of nothin. I just.. when I'm up real high, I got a problem with gravity" he said.

"Speaking of problems, I am no longer picking up Echo's signal" Tech said.

"I-I don't understand. You said it was coming from this city" Rex said.

"I can only speculate but it is a possibility there's a latency issues with the frequency caused by all these atmospheric disturbances" he said.

"Or maybe they sent the signal to lure us into a trap" Hunter said. "And maybe your friends actually dead. Well, I can't be the only one thinking of that."

Rex and Crosshair began to go at it as Wrecker grabbed Rex, pulling him into the air.

"That's enough!" Anakin said. "Sergeant, take your men and scout the area for a tower entrance. I want to talk to my captain alone."

They all walked back down as Anakin grabbed Rex.

"Rex, I hate to say it, but you have to prepare yourself for the possibility that Echo is dead, and this is all a Separatist trick" he said.

"Sir, I have watched so many of my brothers fall during this war, and I try not to hang on to any of them" Rex said taking off his helmet. "But that changed when I heard that Separatist transmission. It was no algorithm. That was Echo's voice. I know it."

"If he is alive, Rex, we'll get him but if he's not-" I said.

"Then I'll deal with it" he said.

We ran up to the others as I held my arm up to lock the sand. The doors opened as Crosshair checked it out before we got on.

"Remember this is a stealth mission" Anakin said.

"No blasting, no blowing things up" I said. "Nobody knows we're here."

The doors opened as Wrecker ran out, destroying the droids.

"So much for stealth" Rex said.

I slowly walked out of the lift as I stepped over the broken droids. I stood behind Anakin as Hunter jumped out, blasting the droids. We walked out as I looked around.

"Where exactly is Echo's signal coming from?" Anakin asked.

"Strange, I just lost the signal" Tech said.

"We split up" I said. "Check every door. Someone finds Echo, contact the rest of us and we go in together."

They all nodded as I ran down the hall. I walked into one of the rooms as I felt a presence behind me. I grabbed my sabers before turning around as an assassin droid jumped down.

"Surrender!"

"Not a chance" I said.

It began shooting as I blocked the shots. I ran towards it, slicing its head off. I cracked my neck before leaving the room. I ran back down the hall to see dozens of droids as Anakin was on the other side. I held my hand up as a handful of the droids levitated into the air. I closed my hand as they crushed, throwing their bodies to the other droids. I stood beside Crosshair as more droids closed in.

"Tech, open that door for Rex!" Anakin yelled.

I clicked my sabers together as the droids turned the corner. I looked at Anakin, nodding as we both jumped out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 345 36
Lexicla Verace is many things. An abandoned Padawan, a skilled Jedi Knight, a War General, missing in action, a war hero, a survivor of Order 66, a...
228K 6K 172
Anakin and Obi-Wan have just rescued the Chancellor and returned to planet side safe and sound. Anakin has finally had his long awaited reunion with...
202K 5K 76
"𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧" {𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐬: 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐢, 𝐢𝐢, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐧�...
120 11 10
Selenophiles are people who love the moon and find joy and peace of mind when looking at it. They find it soothingly captivating. The story between A...