Ch 25: Water War

I accompanied Padme to Mon Calamari as we swam down to the meeting.

"So how's your new padawan?" She asked.

"Alright" I said.

She forced a smile as arguing began. The Mon Calamari and Quarrens bickered back and forth.

"You have no say in the matter, ambassador. You are only here as an observer for the Separatsist" the captain said.

"Do not forget I am here at the request of the Quarren because you, captain, demanded the presence of the Republic" the Separatist ambassador said.

"Such a disgrace. I'll give you a lesson in manners" he said.

I hopped down to grab his shoulder before shaking my head.

"Prince Lee-Char will bring the planet to ruin" the Quarren leader said. "The boy have neither the experience nor the knowledge to lead."

Padme jumped down to the middle of the two.

"Please. You're here to find a compromise" she said. "What can the Republic do to help keep the peace?"

"This is a matter between the Quarren and the Mon Cala" he said.

"Yeah, who asked you?"

"The Republic has no place here!"

"Down with the Republic!"

Padme turned to me as I swam next to her.

"We refuse to support the coronation of another Mon Cala king" he said. "I'm sorry. Ambassador?"

"It is my opinion, the Quarren have no further business here" he said.

"Come on Captain Ackbar, we need to contact Master Yoda" I said.

We swam to the top as the ship lowered. I took my helmet off as I nodded to Gree to turn on the transmission. Ackbar explained the seriousness to the war and problem at hand.

"This civil war, is it inevitable?" Yoda asked.

"Sadly so, Master Yoda" Ackbar said.

"The Separatists ambassador came here to stir up the Quarren, and that's exactly what he did" I said.

"It's only a matter of time before the Quarren withdraw from the Republic" Padme said.

"I suspect behind this, Count Dooku is" he said.

"The Mon Calamari system is still part of the Republic. This planet must not fall into Separatists hands" Mace said. "I'll dispatch Master Fisto and your padawan Lakose along with a company of clones. They'll be at your side by days end. In the meantime, Captain, assemble the Mon Cala troops and prepare for a Quarren assault."

I put my helmet back on as we dove back into the water. We met with the prince and his commanders.

"I do not believe the Quarren will attack" he said.

I turned my head as bombs went off. I swam to the window seeing aqua droids.

"It's an attack. Take cover" I said.

We swam out as the Mon Cala soldiers turned around.

"What are your orders, your highness?" Ackbar asked.

"Stay where you are and hold the line" Lee-Char said.

"If I may suggest, Captain, we should take the prince to a safer place until the Republic reinforcements arrive" I said.

"That's impossible. That's a decision only the prince can make" Ackbar said. "He is our leader."

"This is horrible" Lee-Char muttered.