Ch 34: Capturing Ahsoka

I turned over in bed to see Anakin staring at the ceiling. I moved his hair from his face as he turned to me.

"I need to meet with the rest of the council" I said. "Tarkin has to go over the events."

"I should be there" he said.

"I don't think they'll mind if you're there" I said. "After all you are her master, you somewhat have a right."

"You know she didn't do this" he said.

"I know" I said. "But I'm going to do my best to prove her innocence."

I put on my robes before clipping my sabers to my belt. I walked over to Anakin, who was still in bed. I kissed the top of his head before leaving the room. I walked into the council chambers, looking around as everyone had grim faces. I sat down as we all waited for Anakin. Minutes later he walked in as Yoda allowed the transmission from Tarkin to go through.

"After further investigation, there can be little doubt that the clone officers murdered in the escape were killed by none other than Ahsoka Tano herself" he said. "She used a Jedi mind trick to convince the clone to open the door and then proceeded to cut him down along with five other clones along the way."

I shook my head, not believing his words.

"I don't believe Ahsoka would do something like this" I said. "She could not have fallen to the dark side."

"The beliefs of the Jedi Council are irrelevant" he said. "We deal strictly in facts and evidence, and the evidence points to Padawan Tano being guilty of the attack on the temple and the murder of the Republic officers. This is sedition" he said.

I looked at Anakin as his eyes were dark.

"Skywalker, was there now ay to stop your Padawan before she escaped?" Ki-Adi Mundi asked.

"No, Master Mundi" Anakin said stepping forward.

"The Council believes that Ahsoka may be guilty of the crime, still believe they are wrong, do you?" Yoda said.

My head snapped to him as I gripped the sides of my chair.

"I believe she didn't kill the clone troopers or the woman who used the nano droids to blow up the temple" he said. "That's why she's running. To prove her innocence."

"Now she's in the lower depths" Mace said. "With her skills, she will be hard to find."

"Two teams we will send" Yoda said. "Master Skywalker and Master Plo-Koon, with clones you will go."

"I think it would be best if Skywalker stayed here" Mace said. "Having you involved may actually make things worse. Organa will go in your place."

"Master Windu, with all due respect, she is my padawan" Anakin said.

"The reason for you not to go" he said.

"I think we're being foolish if we take Anakin off this mission"Obi-Wan said. "Who knows her better?"

"He's emotionally tied to her. Probably too emotional to do what needs to be done" he said.

"I'd rather capture Ahsoka and find out the truth then let her run because of a lie" Anakin snapped.

"You must prove to us that you will stay focused" Yoda said. "Can you?"

"I've already alerted security on the lower levels to be on the lookout for Ahsoka" he said.

"Go swiftly then, Skywalker, and bring back this lost child before it is too late" Yoda said.

Anakin and Plo-Koon walked out of the chamber as I remained seated, Mace turned to me.

"You are also close to her, I think you should still go" he said.

"Master Plo and Skywalker should have it under control" I said.

"I agree with Master Windu, Luna" Obi-Wan said. "Ahsoka trusts you as much as she does Anakin."

I nodded before getting up. I caught up to Anakin and Plo-Koon as we got into shuttles. Gree stood up straight as I approached.

"Our target is Ahsoka" I said.

"What?" He said. "I-"

"If you see her, stun her" I said. "She needs to be alive."

We were almost to the lower levels when Rex contacted Gree.

"Commander Tano has been spotted heading to level thirteen-twelve" he said.

"Let's bring her home, boys" I said.

We were about to dock when I noticed someone.

"Shine the light over there!" Anakin yelled.

"Stop where you are!"

The two bodies began running as I jumped out of the shuttle. I looked at Anakin who did the same as we ran. A ray shield went up as I took a closer look at the person running alongside Ahsoka. Ahsoka turned around to Anakin as the person turned around fully, putting their hand on Ahsoka's shoulder.

"Ventress?" I said.

"Send out the probes! I want them found now!" Anakin said.

"What is Ventress doing with Ahsoka?" I said.

"It doesn't look too good" he said.

I looked around as my comm began beeping.

"General Organa, they almost had Commander Tano but she escaped with the help of Asajj Ventress" Gree said. "Took out all the men. She was last seen at a phone booth on level thirteen-twelve."

"On it" I said.

I looked at Anakin as he jumped onto the shuttle.

"Meet you there" I said.

As I ran through the streets my comm began beeping once more.

"Explosion went off in thirteen-fifteen" one of the officers said.

I upped the pace, running into a building. Wolffe stood near Ahsoka's body as she lay unconscious. Anakin brushed past me, kneeling beside her. Wolffe walked over to the crates, grabbing something from inside.

"Explosives" he said. "These are the same types of nano droids that were used to blow up the Jedi Temple."

"I can't believe it" Anakin said standing up.

We brought her body onto the shuttle as Anakin, Plo-Koon and myself answered a transmission from Yoda.

"Captured, she has been?" He asked.

"Yes, Master Yoda" I said.

"Without incident?" He asked.

"No, she was subdued by the clones and found in possession of explosive nano droids" Plo said.

"It still doesn't explain Ventress' involvement" Anakin said. "We saw her with Ahsoka. I think there's more going on than we know."

"By Ahsoka or against her?" Mace asked.

"That remains to be seen" Plo said.

"We're bringing her back to the temple" I said.

"Let's just hope we can keep her here" Mace said.

I looked at Ahsoka then to Anakin. I could see the pain in Anakin's eyes as he looked at her. He turned to me as I sighed. I looked away as we landed. Wolffe and his men took Ahsoka away as we watched.

"This doesn't look good, Anakin" I said.

"You don't think I know that" he said.

I walked away as he grabbed my hand.

"I can't lose her, Luna" he said. "Not like this. I know she's innocent."

"I know she is too" I said.

I turned around, walking closer to him. I grabbed his face as our foreheads touched.