Ch 21: Counterattack

We slowly walked in the air ducts as we neared a clear path, going up.

"This passage will get us near the landing pad" I said.

I jumped up, climbing onto the platform to call R-2.

"R-2, send the shuttle to the rear landing platform" I said holding up my arm.

"We've already been given the go ahead by General Skywalker, sir. Assuming you are still on schedule" one of R-2's droids said.

"The trick will be if Anakin arrives on time" I said.

"A probe!" Cody yelled.

Piell jumped up slicing the droid into pieces.

"Security doors. Move or you'll be cut in half" I said.

I let go just as one of the doors closed. I looked down to Piell creating a circle in the doors before his head appeared.

"We lost one. Looks like we've got some cutting to do" he said.

I sighed, grabbing one of my sabers, creating holes in the doors. We neared the landing platform as Cody looked out.

"The shuttles there but there's no sign of R-2" he said.

"Something might have happened" I said. "We'll have to make our way around to the other side and get a differnet view. This could be a trap."

I kicked down the door as Cody handed me a grappling hook. I held onto it, jumping down. I led the way, jumping down to the platform. I held my arm up.

"Anakin" I said.

"I must commend you on your escape tactics but in the end it was easy to predict your every move" a voice said.

Droids surrounded us as he cackled. We were led back inside to the command center.

"Welcome back" the man said.

He turned around, walking towards us.

"I must say, you're not what I picture at all, for someone with such a soft voice" I said.

"Pretty girl for a Jedi" he snapped grabbing my chin.

I jerked my head away from him as he turned to Piell.

"I want your half of the information" he said. "Give it to me now or I'll start executing your men."

"This is war, Sobeck" Piell said. "We're all prepared to die to protect that intel."

Sobeck held a blaster to the head of one of Cody's men, shooting him dead. I closed my eyes, looking over at his lifeless body.

"Take them to interrogation. Torture them slowly" he said.

With my hands behind my head, I looked at Cody. R-2's droids stopped the ones escorting us.

"We'll take them from here" one of them said.

I smiled looking down to Piell as we followed his droids. I turned around to R-2's beeping.

"Good to see you, my friend" I said. "Wondered where you've been."

"The commander is pleased to see you as well, sir but would like to return to the shuttle as soon as possible" the droid said.

I held my hands out as he cut the bounds off.

"What about General Skywalker, sir?" Cody asked.

"Not to worry. He'll switch to plan B" I said.

Swiftly, we followed the droids outside to the shuttle.

"Hold it. Where are you taking these prisoners?" The droids near the shuttle asked.

"We're transferring them aboard the shuttle from the Citadel to Point Tarron" it said.

"Point Tarron? There's no outpost there" it said.

I looked to Piell, nodding. I smiled at the droids before slicing it in half. I took cover along with Piell as Anakin's squad ran over.

"Sorry, I'm late" he said.

"Not the first time and certainly not the last" I said.

"The ship is surrounded" Ahsoka said.

"We need to launch a full forward assault and take that vessel" Tarkin said.

"We may have a bigger problem, those turrets. If we don't take them out, they will use them to destroy the shuttle and prevent out escape" I said.

"Which is precisely why we should get aboard that shuttle and use the weapons systems to decimate those droids" he said.

"Whatever we're gonna do, we better do it fast" Anakin said.

He pointed up to the sky.

"Fantastic" I said.

I clicked my sabers together, blocking the blasts from the incoming assasin droids. I turned my head as Echo ran with one of the droids shields.

"Echo!" I yelled as an explosion went off.

"We have to go, now!" Anakin said.

I ran towards them, grabbing Rex. I clicked the buttons on my arm to contact Plo-Koon.

"Luna, what has happened?" Plo asked.

"I'm afraid we've had a situation with the shuttle" I said.

Anakin ran beside me to talk on the transmission.

"By situation she means, big explosion" Anakin said. "We're gonna need a rescue."

"It will be done. I'm sending our cruisers now" he said.

I clipped my sabers onto my belt as we came to a stop.

"We'll need to hold out until the Council sends a ship" I said.

"Not a problem. We've beat them once, we'll beat them again" Piell said.

"This landscape is almost impossible to cross. How are we going to get to the rendezvous point?" Rex asked.

"That is the trap of the Citadel" I said. "It was designed to be impossible for fugitives to get off the surface, even if they escaped the tower."

"How lucky we're not just any fugitives" Anakin said.

"I hope you're right" Piell said.

The others walked past as Anakin looked at my chin.

"What is that?" He asked.

I wiped my chin realizing there was black stuff on it.

"Sobeck grabbed my chin so I'm guessing it's something he left behind from his fingers" I said.

"He touched you? Did he hurt you?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Ani" I said. "I'm more than capable of handling myself."

He smiled quickly placing his lips on mine before walking towards the others.