Ch 4: Nute Gunray

I walked to the cockpit looking out into space.

"Captain, have you made contact with the cruiser?" I asked.

"Yes, general. We'll patch you through now" he said.

He pressed the button as the screen turned on.

"Jedi cruiser Tranquility this is General Luna Organa requesting permission to land" I said.

"You are cleared, general. We await your prisoners arrival" the captain said.

"Thank you, Captain Argyus. I look forward to delivering him to you" I said.

I put my hands behind my back as Ahsoka walked over.

"Finally. It's been such a boring trip" she said.

I smiled looking over to her.

"You remind me a great deal of Anakin" I said.

"Speaking of my master, how long have you known him?" She asked.

"Since he arrived at the temple so over ten years" I said.

"So he-" she started.

"Enough small chat, Ahsoka. We need to ensure Gunray is brought to his cell" I said.

The ship attached to the cruiser as I grabbed Nute Gunray's arm. I escorted him off the ship as Ahsoka and I walked in front with Captain Gree behind Gunray.

"This is an outrageous miscarriage of justice. I demand my litigator" Gunray said.

I rolled my eyes as Captain Argyus approached us with senate soldiers behind him.

"Greetings, general. We have the brig all ready for this traitor" he said.

"Very good, Captain. Gree, let's get underway" I said.

"Right away, sir" he said.

Gree walked with Gunray as Argyus bowed before leaving. I walked side by side with Ahsoka, smiling at the clones in the hall.

"Senate commandos? How does a money grubbing worm like Gunray rate all this security?" Ahsoka asked. "He doesn't look that dangerous."

"Don't let your overconfidence give Gunray another advantage, Ahsoka" I said. "Even now, his allies may be conspiring against us."

She looked down ashamed as I smiled. I put my hand on her back before continuing to walk. Gunray sat down as I tilted my head looking at him.

"Your thoughts betray you" I said. "I can sense your concern, the fear that you will lose the wealth and the power that the war has given you."

"I have no idea what you're talking about" he said.

I closed my eyes focusing on his mind.

"You hid a lot of things. The names of your allies, the locations of their bases" I said.

"I am an innocent pawn in all of this" he said.

I opened my eyes looking back up.

"Who are you protecting?" I asked.

"No one. I-I know nothing" he said.

Ahsoka slammed her hand against the table.

"Liar! Liar! I'm tired of all this whining" she said igniting her saber. "Tell us what we want to know right now or I will gut you like a Rokarian dirt fish."

"Ahsoka!" I yelled.

I grabbed her arm pulling her away.

"Are you out of your mind!" I said.