Ch 10: Storming Ryloth

I walked out of the bridge and down to the hangar. I saw Cal talking with the R-7 in his ship as I smiled.

"This is it, your first command" I said. "Don't be nervous."

"I wish everyone would stop saying that" he said.

"The men you're commanding are depending on you with their lives" I said.

"Thanks. That takes the pressure off" he said. "If I wasn't nervous before, I sure am now."

"I wouldn't send you out there if I didn't think you could handle it" I said.

I smiled before walking away.

"And Cal" I said. "May the force be with you."

I walked back up to the bridge, approaching Admiral Yularen.

"Tell Cal the fleet is ready" I said.

"Commander, you're all clear" he said.

I crossed my arms watching as Cal led the attack.

"Admiral, four more enemy cruisers have joined the blockade" was said from behind us.

"We've got to warn those fighters" Yularen said. "Commander, we've been caught in a trap."

"You're overreacting, Admiral. I can get us through" Cal said. "Blue squadron stay on course."

"I'm ordering you to return to the ship. We're going to need your help" he said.

"Cal, it's too risky" I said. "Get your pilots out of there."

"He's not turning around" the captain said.

Admiral Yularen turned to me as we made brief eye contact.

"Did you train him to not follow orders?" He asked.

"He normally follows orders quite well" I said. "But he's been with Anakin a lot so that adds up."

Enemy ships began circling the cruiser.

"Cal, we are in trouble. I order you back here!" I said.

"Alright, alright" he said.

I looked around watching Cal's ship turn around.

"Squadron where are you!" Yularen asked.

"Cool your jets, Admiral" Cal said.

"It's too late" he said.

"Run" I said.

Admiral Yularen fell to the ground, barely moving as I kneeled down.

"Hang on" I said.

"Get us out of here" he said.

"Get those fighters on board and prepare for light speed" I said.

"Close up the hangar door" Cal said. "We're home."

"Jump to light speed" I said.

I watched as they brought Yularen to the medical center of the cruiser. I walked down to the hangar, grabbing a clone.

"Get your squad together. I need a head count" I said. "We need to know how many we lost today."

I turned around to Cal who was leaning on his ship. I sighed walking towards him as he didn't bother to look up.

"Cal, I am very disappointed in you" I said. "You not only disobeyed the Admiral, you disobeyed me."

"I thought I could known out those battleships so when Master Obi-Wan arrived he could get through" he said.