License to Love

Bởi MJKristo11

PART 2 OF REBEL HEART. Status: COMPLETE Michelle and Brook are back in a brand new adventure with the crew... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Dedication
💛Character Aesthetics💜
Bonus Soundtracks 🎶
🎧Soundtracks 🎵
Chapter 1 Not a Dream
Chapter 2 Couples that Go Together
Chapter 3 What Comes Next
Chapter 4 Surprises
Chapter 5 Housewarming
Chapter 6 Girls Wanna Have Fun
Chapter 7 Born to Be Wild
Bonus Chapter: You & Me.
Chapter 8 Clash of the Crewmates
Chapter 9 A Mutual Alliance
Chapter 10 Blueprint for Perfection
Chapter 11 Out of the Shadows
Chapter 12 Survival of The Fastest
Chapter 13 Owning the Streets
Chapter 14 Ultimatums
Chapter 15 Uncovering the Truth
Chapter 16 Nevada Nitrous Circuit
Chapter 17 Outnumbered
Chapter 18 Know thy Enemy
Chapter 19 Secrets and Lies
Bonus Chapter: Double-Crosser
Chapter 20 Saboteurs
Chapter 21 Opposite Sides of the Line
Chapter 22 What Women Want
Chapter 23 Family Ties and Pseudo Foes
Chapter 24 A Bad Boy's Good Heart
Chapter 25 Sing your Heart Out
Chapter 26 Starry Nights and Campfire Tales
Chapter 27 Evaluating the Enemy
Chapter 28 Catch a Mongoose with a Mole
Chapter 29 Operation: Bait and Chase
Chapter 30 End of the Line
Chapter 31 The Hardwired and the Undefeated
NFS-Inspired Locations!
Chapter 32 Cutting it Close
Chapter 33 X Marks the Spot
Chapter 34 Missing in Action
Chapter 35 Vengeance
Chapter 36 Quagmire
Chapter 37 True Love
Chapter 38 Meet Me at the Altar
Epilogue: First Time
Authoress' Note

Bonus Chapter: Covert Operations

75 21 8
Bởi MJKristo11

Paige looked from left to right as sharply as an eagle turns its head to survey its surroundings; she was seated in her Corvette, making sure she wasn't being followed. Not feeling satisfied, she checked her mirrors once more, and seeing her car as the only one on the dusty desert road outside the city, she drove on.

She came upon a lone little rinky-dink pub with a weathered board in front with the words 'Pioneer's Pub' painted on it. It even looked like it could have been built in the Pioneers' time, its walls were of aged wood and its architecture exhibited styles from an old west film. Paige parked her car, got out, made sure it was locked, and went inside – only pausing for a moment to count the number of vehicles parked outside the pub. She counted three cars and a handful of bikes. Her eyes narrowed. She didn't like the fact that her meeting wouldn't be private.

She made her way to the bar table, ignoring the other patrons. This was one time she did not want attention. She ordered a tequila but only sipped it once and set it down.

"Do you always make it obvious like you're waiting for someone?" A low but clear voice spoke beside her. Paige raised her head slightly and saw the calculative green eyes of Jada Alvarez sizing her up.

"Took you long enough. You don't exactly rattle when you make an entrance." Paige shot back with a sly smile. Jada's fists clenched momentarily.

"What do you want, Manes?" Jada asked, her voice leaking a little hostility.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Paige returned, keeping her tone cool.

"Hardly. You're the one who asked to meet with me."

"And you're the one who was expecting this. If you ask me, you have more to lose by dissolving this affiliation. But suit yourself." Paige got up to go, but Jada grabbed her wrist in one smooth movement, so fast that no one would've seen it coming.

"You gamble as well as you insult people, Manes. I'll give you that." Jada got up. "Follow me to the back room." Paige let her go first, passing through the crowded tables without making eye contact with anyone. Jada led her to a private room with thread-bare couches and a rickety table in the center. They took their seats opposite each other.

"Nice place you picked for a meeting – didn't think your standards dropped this low," Paige commented with a disgusted look around the room. "You used to live for money."

"Please, I picked neutral ground for your benefit. I can't send Soriano's lapdog running off when there's a prospect of money involved." Jada said smoothly. Now it was Paige's turn to scowl.

"I'm surprised he's not doing this himself – I suppose he's too afraid to do the dirty work and so he sends you." Jada continued.

"Keep talking and you might just need a new set of teeth," Paige growled, her fists itching to punch her. Jada waved a lazy hand.

"I'm not interested in a street brawl, Manes. What I do want to know is why you're here alone this fine afternoon and not with your crew." Paige folded her arms and retreated into herself. Jada's eyes narrowed as she noticed the shift in Paige's posture.

"They don't know you're here, do they?" she guessed.

"They do," Paige said roughly. Jada interlaced her fingers over her bare knees, thinking hard.

"Then they don't know why you're here. At least, the real reason." Paige kept silent, not giving away anything. Jada smirked, knowing she hit the target.

"Going behind your crew's back, Manes? I didn't think you had it in you."

"It's for their own good. I'm sure you know what that's like." Paige said carefully.

"Trying to appeal to my humanitarian side? You must be desperate."

"Not as desperate as you are for money. You even swallowed that high-brow pride of yours and waited for me." Paige said with a sly one-sided grin. Jada's eyes glinted.

"What made you think I'd help you anyway?" Jada asked sharply. Paige leaned back, crossing one booted leg over the other.

"Nothing. You were just one of my options. I have plenty of other more cooperative contacts I can get in touch with."

"Then why—"

"Your network might come in handy. That's what I thought at first. But looking back, I see I could've asked for help elsewhere and gotten the same results. So right now, the only thing keeping me here is the fact that you need me here." Paige finished, noting the doubt that crept into Jada's eyes. She smiled inwardly. She had managed to keep her agenda hidden and goaded Jada into thinking she didn't really need her; that the Night Blazers had options when it came to allies. Paige patted herself on the back; she was a damn good bluffer.

Jada studied the table for a quiet moment before speaking.

"Fine. We'll help. In exchange, you bring Havens to us tonight."

"That's it?" Paige raised her eyebrows cynically. Jada nodded.

"That's it. Now what's your deal? I don't have time to sit and chat all day so make it quick." Paige hesitated.

"I want it clear that whatever's said here doesn't leave this room."

"Jeez, you must be desperate if you don't want even your crew finding out," Jada said, narrowing her eyes. Paige took a deep breath.

"How many contacts do you have in Vegas?"

"The Alvarezes have connections all over Nevada. Sizable ones."

"And your tracking system?"

"Impeccable."

"What if it was someone who doesn't want to be found?"

"Only phantoms can succeed at that. People leave trails."

"Then you won't have any trouble tracking down a cop." Jada sat up straight at the mention of a 'cop'.

"I'm listening," she said. Paige's expression twisted to one of suppressed emotion as she spoke a name.

"Officer Hudson Hendrix Ross." Jada's expression didn't change.

"Who's he to you?" she asked. Paige swallowed and looked like she was struggling to choose her next words.

"I have a feeling he's behind all the arson cases associated with us. That is, the cases no one knows are associated with us."

"A feeling? You came to me for help based on a gut feeling?" Jada looked incredulous.

"A damn good one. And if you want Brook to show up tonight, you'll cooperate with me." Paige said, her tone hardening. Jada rolled her eyes.

"Fine. What do you want me to do?"

"Locate him, if you can. Find out if he had anything to do with those cases. Keep the whole investigation to yourself while you're at it."

"And then what?"

"Report back to me and me alone and forget everything." Paige gritted out.

"And none of the Night Blazers ever find out?"

"To them, this meeting never happened. In fact, tonight it will be like it never did." Paige growled that out so vehemently that Jada was surprised. Her expression softened for a brief second.

"You have a personal stake in this somewhere, don't you?" she asked. Paige looked away, her emotions bubbling up inside her. When she spoke, her voice was low and controlled.

"More than anyone will ever know."

Sneaky sneaky, Paige. What do you think she's up to, going behind the crew's back? Good intentions? Or stupid decision?
And now it'll look like this meeting never happened...
Any input on who you think is Officer Hudson Ross? If you read the original Ride or Die, you might guess right.

Hope I kept you in suspense.
Thanks for sticking around so far. 😘

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

551K 26.4K 69
*FREE STORY: ONLY BONUS CONTENT IS PAID! COMPLETED! The only new content is bonus content* Noelle Hart's life has taken an unexpected shift that will...
11.4K 615 34
Vegas and June have known each other since freshman year of college. Which was a long time ago for them, two decades to be exact. And while Vegas has...
34.7K 3.1K 81
Year 2095, couples are now decided and set by the Marriage Matchmaker application, and any other romantic interaction besides this match is strictly...
5.3K 555 39
Now together at university, Elliot and Ben have the freedom (and privacy) to focus on and enjoy their relationship. But with that newfound freedom co...