A Dream Within A Dream

Bởi Jk_writes_

Being in an ecstatic world of our own seems amazing, right! Rather than living in a world full of harsh dish... Xem Thêm

Blurb
Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Epilogue

Chapter - 39

23 10 92
Bởi Jk_writes_

Everything was perfect. His endearing surprise of meeting with the swans, this beautiful attire provided to us, mesmerizing fireworks, a warm bonfire, and everything just turned against me in a flash. Again.

I was filled with content as soon as Vian started to breathe normally, despite blood still dripping from his nose and the other cuts he acquired while fighting against himself.

The rain pour had stopped yet the dripping noise of the droplets descending off the leaves from the trees was still there.

I needed to make everything right. To clear all the dark wizardry cast on us. "I will just be by the lake for a moment," I said to him, which made him nod his head and leave my hand.

How was I so attached? It felt like dying when a thought went through my head of losing him.

You love him, isn't that enough reason?

It is... but I never wanted to be the person to hurt him to this extent.

Just as I was contemplating my thoughts while playing with the water in the lake, sitting near the edge, my leg felt numb all of a sudden.

It started to give me a feeling when blood doesn't reach and gets blocked midway. I wasn't able to move my leg without having a strong stinging, painful sensation.

I looked back at Vian who was lost in thinking. His eyes focused on the sky, he sat still while hugging his knees. I could see a changed expression on his face, normally he would not agree to talk about the situation, but I was glad in a snap of bits, he acted like he understands everything.

That's how people react when they are filled with pain.

For now, I was the one in pain, as I was not able to move my damn leg. Being the dolt I am, I tried to pick up my leg with my hands, but in a hurry tossed myself into the water.

My shriek echoed in the forest along with a splashing sound of water from the lake while I struggled to breathe. It felt like the ice-cold water dried up the blood from my veins after the cold pour, and my body started to drown in dizziness with every passing minute.

"Vi--" I tried to speak, but more water entered my lungs, knocking out the air from my lungs completely.

This was the death Bella accepted, but I didn't want to end my life like this. I had to be there for Vian, for my mom, for Xavier, and win over the almost defeated game. I won't let this dream come true.

Don't forget yourself, dumb.

I heard another splash of sound and a tug on my hand, making me open my eyes in the water to just witness Vian in the water and was holding my hand, his hair covering most of his forehead and eyes but were enough for me to gaze at them.

The sky was dark yet the moon and the stars were fulfilling their responsibility of providing us the light needed to conceal the darkness within and around us.

He swam across, taking my limp body in his secure hold, and pulled both of us out from the water. I coughed the water out while he rubbed my back.

"What were you thinking, stupid! You know how scared I got!?" He shouted at me, making me flinch.

I just got saved. But, I didn't deserve this yelling. Well, I think I do... continue.

"I don't know how I just slipped--" I was cut off by his lips on mine, and he pulled back immediately.

"Why are you finding ways of leaving me?" He whispered while stroking my hair back.

"I'm sorry, I got saved by you because I knew I didn't want to leave... well now."

"Let's go now, shall we?" He asked, and I nodded, rubbing my arms constantly due to the coldness.

The dress was all soaked in water, so was his attire. I shivered under his reigning gaze, while frosty weather didn't do any justice either.

"Come here," he stated and pushed on my thighs to jump and carried me in a piggyback front lift. I snaked my hands around his neck and crossed my legs around his torso and rested my head in the crook of his neck.

I was still freezing but getting calm by his warmth with every minute passing. He walked the whole way towards our cottage while carrying me, which made me realize that I was going to lose my everything after what Chloe did to me.

I feel bad for him. After all, you have done, you don't deserve him.

We reached the cottage, and he made me stand on my feet when we entered the room.

"Change first, otherwise you will get sick. And what do you want to eat? I'll prepare that."

My heart melted like wax while tears started to pour from my eyes.

"I'm sorry, Vian. I hope you will be able to forgive me after listening to my explanation," I cried while I ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"I know I will. I trust us. I overreacted though, and said mean things to you too, forgive me as well? Hmm?" He stated and snuggled his head closer.

"Now go and change. I will make something quickly."

"Excuse me, n-o, no. You change first, then I'll treat your wounds," I said, stopping him and passing his hoodie and joggers to him.

He took a quick shower and came out to get dressed while I stepped in.

I grabbed the first aid box and applied for the medicine on the applicator and treated his wounds near his abs, neck, and face.

"How did you get hurt so bad?" I asked, and immediately realized that this was the dumbest question I ever asked.

What can we expect from you then? Intelligent talking? Or better, an explanation?

I leaned closer towards his face while I applied the medicine just near his eyes. His gaze was on me, distracting me well to apply the medicine with a steady hand.

I blew on his wound, and his grip on my waist tightened.

"What are you doing?" He asked grunting.

"Applying the medicine?" I replied.

"Kiss me," he whispered softly and looked at my lips. I leaned in closer, closing the gap between us. I kissed him and in no time he kissed me back while holding my face with one hand and my waist from the other.

He tilted his head and deepened the kiss while his tongue brushed at my lower lip.

I pulled away quickly because I needed him to know the truth or to put as to make the guilt drop off my shoulder.

"Vian, I'm going to talk about a person who you despise the most in your life. Will you be able to listen? Shall I talk about him?" I asked, making sure it would not hurt him.

"John?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed while he clenched his jaw.

He leaned back in the chair and curled his hand in the air, forming a fist. "Go on, I'm listening."

Flashback.

Distant chatter and murmurs could be heard, but when I roamed my eyes to take in the view, it was nothing but darkness covering the moonlight.

Was it the weather that was not on my side or something else was going to happen- which was not giving good vibes.

"Wait here, okay? I'll be back soon!" He said in my ear from back in a husky voice, startling me all of a sudden.

"Wait-" before I could have said, he was gone. I focused on the sounds clearly while I closed my eyes.

As if you are able to see with open eyes! Haha.

I heard the sounds of waves moving in slow tides. The direction of the wind helped me to guess that there was an ocean nearby.

"So, you are finally here, huh?" Someone hissed at me and I knew I would be dead anytime soon because my heart skipped some beats together because of fear.

I yelled in response to see who was that person and looked at the person, but I couldn't see him because of the lack of light in my life.

"Who is it?" I asked in a trembling voice.

"What's with the introduction? Just think of me as your well-wisher. Listen carefully now, the person who you are going out with... is a murderer." He snapped.

"Excuse me?"

"Vian... your newly developed lover, killed his mother and sister and has been acting like a victim ever since. Don't go for his calm expressionless face, because he is a psycho. He is unwell, and he will kill you too."

"Excuse me? Who are you to say this? How do you even know Vian?" I gasped as I couldn't process this information.

"Don't you think every time he acts weird when the name of his family comes up? Come on, you know that when someone is hiding a bigger truth, they tend to get anxious, right?" He hissed, venom dripping out of his mouth.

I couldn't comprehend what this person was saying. I was too stunned to even speak, as to how could he know such delicate and personal information about him unless... he was his family.

"You... you are John Marshall? Vian's father?"

"Look how intelligent you can be, Miss Campbelle. Well yes, I'm his father and I really love and miss the time when Vian shivered by just hearing my footsteps. Those were the days..."

"What the hell? How can you be so cruel? This is so disgusting! How can a father be like you?" I asked, shouting, trying to hold back my tears as Vian's scared form flashed before my eyes.

"Aah! You got me wrong!" he paused and smacked his lips. I could only see his faint shadow, but deep inside I knew I had heard his voice somewhere. He continued, "Remember that phone call? I tried to alert you to stay away from him, but you got closer to him every chance you got, you slovenly woman! " He stated, and I thought of the time when I picked up the call from an unknown number just before going to the amusement park.

No wonder it had felt weird. "What did you call me just now?" I asked, anger resounding in my voice.

"Calm down, calm down. Do you need money to leave him? Just name the amount!" He laughed at me.

This was all so messed up, but I knew one thing, Vian loved his mom and sister. So the reason he didn't want to talk about them was that... they are dead.

I knew John was lying and framing Vian for his own bad deeds. That guy had just suffered because of his father, I could tell by seeing in Vian's eyes.

"Just leave him already, he is not worth your time. He will kill you too if you get closer to that scoundrel. He takes the life of everyone who he gets near to. It's his curse! I'm giving you a chance to save your life. Don't miss it."

John was playing. His venomous words were quite evident that he was changing me against Vian. I had to play with him and make him fall into his own trap so that I could win over his trust and get information about everything I wanted to know.

"Instead of leaving him, why shouldn't I help you for taking your revenge for your wife and daughter?"

"Aah, now that seems interesting!"

"It will always be a part of my plan to get close to Vian first, and I promise you that I will make him this vulnerable under my spell of fake love that he will speak out the real truth from his mouth himself without me even asking for it. By hook or by crook. By love or by war." I lied to gain John's trust.

"Good girl, I hope our partnership will be fruitful for both of us. Help me in making Vian's life miserable, and in return, I will give you whatever you want."

I controlled my anger at him as, still, he was so vigilant to know it all yet not telling me anything.

"You shouldn't have met him, why did you come back? Now suffer the consequences," the person hissed at me again in a venomous voice.

What happened to him all of a sudden?

"Joe-e-e!" I heard Vian's voice from the other side and I turned around to face him.

"Sorry to let you wait, all is set, let's go," he said in an excited tone and I looked back at the person to find... no one.

I was sure that I saw someone and heard him. 'I shouldn't have met him? Why did I come... back? Consequences?' I recalled the words he spat. Met who?

Vian?"

Flashback over.

"Vian... please say something..." I chirped as his eyes were glued to the wall behind me, not even sparing me a quick glance.

I was starting to regret it. Not only that, but I shouldn't have talked about his family, but he had to know the truth. Because I had seen what could happen when I try to hide some facts for his sake.

He grabbed the glass kept beside him on the table and in a flash threw it on the wall, resulting in a loud echo of broken glass and a roar escaping from his mouth.

I flinched as a response and covered my ears. "Vian, calm down," I said, looking at his anger-filled eyes. I had seen him this frustrated and angry for the first time. In fact, I had seen him getting angered for the first time.

"And you are telling me this now? He called you names, he tried to destroy us!" He growled in his deep voice.

"I was so confused, Vian. I wasn't thinking straight. The night you told me the real story, I regretted hiding this conversation from you. But we were happy, together," I stated.

"You trusted me without even knowing me and I just broke everything apart by just a planned misunderstanding, forgive me, Jo," he stated and raked his wet hair back multiple times and closed his eyes.

"He has taken advantage of my silence for so long. But he has to know now, I'm not that scared Vian anymore. I will make sure he will be rotten to death if he tried to do anything."

"Calm down, Vian. We can talk about this later. Okay?" I asked, seeing his oblivious behavior.

He was trying to maintain a strong posture, but a tear was trying to escape from his eye. I could feel the discomfort he was facing because of his past, but also a new Vian was there, and I knew we would make everything right in the end.

"Thank you for trusting in me, Jo. You have always trusted me and I didn't even listen to your explanation and reacted badly. Please forgive me, this will not happen anymore," he said and engulfed me into his embrace.

"I'm so proud of you, Vian. You are the strongest person and I know we can fight... not with each other but for each other. Our unity is our strength. Don't let anyone break this," I stated and kissed his cheek.

"Do you still love me?"

"I can give my life for you."

"But what if I hurt you... again?"

"Then I'm ready to risk everything for you. I'm sorry, Jo, for not trusting you, I was sad and mad at the same time, but not on you... on my destiny. I thought I lost you too."

"I- uh, I-" I was stuttering badly.

"What is it? Tell me," he asked, concerned about my changed behavior.

"Let's just forget everything for some time and be free. I- I want to... cuddle."

Hahaha- omg, my ears.

"Your wish is my command, Princess," he whispered in my ear, making me gasp at the sudden contact of his hot breath near my ear.

He carried me up, my legs locked around his lower torso and my hands around his neck, he laid down on the bed with me sticking to his body like a panda.

His hands grabbed my waist securely into a tight hug, and he started to give butterfly kisses all over my face.

I leaned closer to him and bit his earlobe, making him groan. "I want you."

He looked into my eyes at my sudden slip of words which I didn't regret and wasting no time he put his lips on mine and kissed me roughly and demandingly.

I sat on the bed and roamed my hand on his abs, feeling his muscles twitch at the sudden contact. He pulled away and in a matter of seconds, our clothes were scattered around in the room.

We were the prince and the princess of our own little kingdom.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Thoughts?🦋

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

66K 4.8K 27
Emily and River meet in Miami, where they have the time of their lives, but it isn't meant to be: the next morning, Emily leaves for San Francisco, l...
90.9K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
331K 8.4K 48
Meet Willow Woods, a very passionate beautiful girl who has a fun and free personality. Willow always knows what she wants and she won't let herself...
26K 2.4K 33
~What if you find your soulmate but he's already dead?~ Charlotte is a last year Psychology student, hating the dorm-life she moves into an apartment...