Fandango [Josh Kiszka] Book O...

By weasleyluvxo

"How about a final dance?" "How about a fandango?" More

Curiosity
Simplistic
Iridescent
Penny
Infatuation
Dusty
Sunshine
Perfect
Dizzy
Poetic
Deal
Explain
Convertible
Forgiving
Glamping
Barbarian
Radiating
Old Heart
Wait
To Us
Hidden
Inevitable
Life
Bliss
Soul
Close
Dawn
Memory
The Sequel

Impress

205 7 25
By weasleyluvxo

Day Twenty Pt.1

Luanne drove down the highway with Josh screaming the words to 'Ring of Fire' beside her. He was making a fool of himself and she couldn't hide the unfiltered joy in her eyes. In the rearview she saw the car full of the others behind her. She imagined they were having fun listening to Mickey's playlist, but nowhere near as much fun as she was having right now. Josh's hair flopped in the wind and his arms waved above his head. Every moment she had ever thought in her life was happiness was nothing compared to this. 

"Josh how far are we?" Luanne yelled over the music. 

"25 minutes baby! Plenty of time for my concert!" Josh cried back at her. 

Her face felt hot at him calling her baby. Luanne stole another glance at Josh seeing that he hadn't even noticed. Josh happily began singing 'Cold as Ice' feeling her eyes on him. He knew he had never called her that before. It shocked him more than anything. Her reaction to it is what made him want to do it forever. That shy grin had him in a chokehold.

Mickey and Emmie performed Lady Gaga songs for the nearly the past hour driving the boys crazy. If they weren't pulling into El Paso during their rendition of Bad Romance, Danny would have strangled someone. Jake of course smiled widely from the passenger seat watching Mickey dance along using a straw as a microphone. Once they got out of the car he would follow her anywhere. Sam had the window cracked to smoke as they pulled into the town but still held it to Em's mouth whenever she wasn't singing. Her hair had whipped into his face several times but he didn't care. 

"I've never been so thankful for Texas before in my life!" Mickey shouted placing her platform shoe on the ground. 

"Josh and Luanne are bound to have plans, what the fuck are we going to do?" Sam asked helping Emmie out of the vehicle. 

Luanne stepped into view placing her glasses atop her head. The tan Doors shirt complimented her now tan skin tone along with the black jean shorts poking out underneath. Josh came up behind her placing his hand around her waist with a grin. 

"Actually, I ain't thought of anything. Figured we would go honky tonkin while we were here. If that's alright with y'all?" Luanne's dimpled smile alerted the group that they would in fact be honky tonking tonight. Josh wouldn't let anyone say no. 

"Well if we are going out I'm going to need a new outfit and my nails done immediately. Come along blondie. Sam can come too, can't keep his damn hands off of you." Mickey stated before pulling Emmie and Sam with her down the street. 

"Um, Mick! Can I come?" Jake's voice cracked as he shouted to the girl who whipped her head back with a confused expression. "Come on Kiszka. You can carry my bags." 

Jake sprinted toward her with a wideset grin, not caring to wave goodbye as he stepped in time with Mickey. Luanne, Danny, and Josh stared at the group stepping away from them with tilted heads. Josh slipped his hand from Luanne's waist, turning her attention to him. 

"I actually have something I have to do. You hangout with Danny and I'll meet you guys for honky... whatever it is you call it. See you soon baby!" Josh swiftly kissed the girl's cheek before walking off in the opposite direction leaving the last too extremely confused. 

Luanne reached into her car placing her camera around her neck before coming back beside Danny. He still watched Josh walk off when Luanne locked her arm with his. 

"Come on Wagner, we can have fun without them." Luanne stated pulling him toward a shop with her boots clicking along the sidewalk. 

Luanne and Danny had done virtually as much as you could do in the time given. They went to art and history museums, gift shops, the zoo. They had just settled into a restaurant when it had reached 6pm. No texts had come in from anyone regarding plans so they made their own. The Mexican restaurant they were in had the walls painted with murals and Luanne took pictures to show Josh later. 

"What do you think he's up to?" Luanne asked Danny who didn't hesitate to giggle. 

"You are a fool if you don't think it's something to impress you. Come on Luanne, think about everything Josh has done since you two met. It is all to make you smile." Danny watched the girl grin towards the table. 

"Let's change the topic Wagner, what do you think Emmie and Mickey are doing to the boys?" Luanne couldn't conceal her grin from Danny's words.  

"Mickey is making Jake stumble to keep up with her. Emmie and Sam are smoking far too much laughing at Jake falling around. Maybe she will be nicer once she has her nails done." Danny's eyes were on Luanne as she recorded him talking. 

Texts came through as they ate about where to meet the others. They had picked a country bar downtown and wanted to meet at the hotel to change. They broke their camping rule for one night for Mickey who insisted on staying in town to drink. Danny held open the door for Luanne who curtsied toward him in thanks. 

"Luanne, I am glad we met you. It has been an absolute pleasure having you here with us. Quite frankly I am going to miss you a lot." Danny spoke quietly before she quickly hugged him gripping tightly around his neck. "I'm going to miss you too. I am very fond of y'all." 

Mickey's hearty laugh could be heard down the street. Her laugh was something that your ear could pick up from miles away. It was warm even with her cold nature. Jake walked beside her carrying several bags grinning ear to ear. Sam and Emmie walked behind them; their hands were intertwined and they held several bags of their own. 

"I feel much better after a mani-pedi, thank you all for stopping." Mickey exclaimed looking at the entrance of the hotel. 

"Where is curly?" Emmie questioned looking around for Josh. 

"Still on his lil adventure. Come on, let's get pretty." Luanne grabbed ahold of Emmie and Mickey's hands dragging them into the hotel. 

As the girls put on the final touches of makeup they inspected each other one last time. Mickey had put together outfits for the three of them and they blindly agreed. Luanne pulled on her old boots as the finishing piece before stepping on the balcony to light a cigarette. She could still hear Mickey fussing at Emmie. 

"You look incredible babe, if his mouth doesn't drop the second he sees you then he is a fucking idiot. Plus your nails match your top! What could be better!" Mickey's hands were on either side of Emmie's shoulder shaking her wildly. 

"I need a smoke or I am going to combust. It's Sam, I shouldn't be nervous." Emmie stepped onto the balcony then standing beside Luanne as Mickey began touching up her curls. 

Turning her head toward Emmie, Luanne couldn't hide her smile. Her friend looked incredible. Everything about the outfit screamed Em.

"He really likes you. Wagner and I talked about it. He is going to think you look beautiful." Luanne's voice was soft as the blonde took quick anxious breaths. 

"You really mean that? Or are you just saying it to calm me down? Don't lie Clarkes." Emmie's hand shook with the cigarette nearly falling from between her fingers. 

"Ladies, I adore you. We have got to go!" Mickey called out to the two girls whose boots clacked their way toward her. 

The boys sat in the lobby waiting. Josh had come back with the biggest grin anyone had ever seen. No one questioned him as they were afraid of the answer. If the girls came down some time this year it would be a miracle. As the elevator opened revealing the three women, there was a deafening silence amongst the boys. Mickey strutted out first in a lowcut baby pink body suit with fringe down the legs. The white boots and her platinum curled hair completed the look. Emmie came next in blood red jeans and a glittering black halter top stopping just above her bellybutton. Her traditional brown boots were replaced by black ones with a black cowboy hat to match. 

Josh couldn't hear anything except the sound of Luanne's boots stepping out of the elevator. As Luanne looked the entire group stared back at her. She had on new jeans embroidered with suns and a low cut yellow crop top and her assortment of jewelry covering her hands and neck. Her hair was partially braided before the rest cascaded down her back. She was the sun, and Josh was blinded. 

"Ain't been honky tonkin in forever. This will be fun." Luanne spoke linking her arms with Mickey and Emmie making their way out of the lobby. 

Josh stood with the boys watching them walk out. Sam and Jake stared silently at the girls walking past. Josh had no words. His head felt light and every image he could think of to distract himself was just Luanne. That damned smile flashing as she stepped out of the elevator was enough to floor him then. Looking at his brothers he knew they felt the same. These girls were going to be the death of them. 

The club was insanely loud and had a vibe that reminded Luanne of home. As they entered Sam and Emmie headed straight for the bar with Sam holding tightly to her hand. Sam couldn't move his eyes from her and every girl in that bar knew it. Mickey stayed tight to Luanne's side which backfired as she headed off with Josh. Danny disappeared instantly toward a brunette by the pool table. 

Downing a shot Josh took another look at Luanne talking to the bartender. She had no idea how many people stared at her. Jealous was an understatement as he grabbed her hand whisking her out onto the dancefloor. 

"You are going to kill me Luanne Faye Clarke! You look like you stepped straight out of the heavens! My sunshine!" Josh had to yell over the music and the shot had kicked into his system when he said the last part making his eyes grow wide. 

"Your sunshine. Never forget it Joshua Michael." Luanne had whispered into his ear then, sending a chill down his spine as they continued to dance. 

Sam and Emmie were now sitting at a table sharing a basket of fries with their cocktails. Emmie could barely keep her eyes focused on anything other than him. His long hair kept tumbling into his face and she felt frozen in time. 

"I think you're beautiful." Emmie said barely loud enough for him to hear. 

"I think I love you!" Sam blurted staring at the girl in front of him. Her vibrant eyes went wide at his words and he felt like he was going to throw up. 

"I know!" She shouted back with her lips curling into a smile.

Mickey across the room had her arm linked with Jake and her smile lit the room. He couldn't believe she agreed to dance, granted she was drunk. He was begging himself silently not to mess things up as she motioned for him to follow her to get some air. 

"Hot as hell in there huh?" Mickey exclaimed waving her face with her perfectly done hands, giggling avidly. 

"Fuck it. You won't remember this tomorrow anyway. Tonight has been so much fun. I like you, a lot. Since I first saw you really. I sound so stupid holy shit." Jake's hands shook nervously as Mickey grinned lifting the cowboy hat from his head. 

"Takes more than a few drinks to get me drunk. See you later cowboy." Mickey winked then walking back inside toward Danny, leaving Jake stunned on the patio. 

Josh had Luanne's hands around his neck staring deeply at her. The few shots had worn off as they danced. The two were sober, drunk off each other. Her bright hair stuck to her neck from the sweat and he continuously brushed it back for her. Everything about the future was gone from his mind. Her dimple hadn't left since they step foot in here. 

Luanne felt him brush the hair from her neck, cooling her instantly. Out of impulse she grabbed the sides of his face pulling him toward her. Tasting the leftover vodka she grinned deepening the kiss. Josh's hand slid from her neck to her lower back bringing her as close as he could. 

"Want to leave?" Josh pulled back suddenly to ask. 

"Thought you'd never ask darlin let's get the fuck out of here." Luanne replied pulling his hand as they took off out the door sprinting down the sidewalk toward the hotel. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 28 17
Story in which you will discover a supernatural romance between you and Jake.
3.8K 100 18
'Blue jean baby, L.A. Lady, seamstress for the band' A Greta Van Fleet Fanfic because why not, be gentle it's my first fic
19.1K 457 22
They agreed on a summer fling, but can they really let each other go?
3.6K 29 9
Apparently I have a thing for Jake with older women and Jake with kids, I honestly don't know why. (Published all on July 16th, 2021)