Divergent, Eric: When She Came

Par BookWormAtWork

Cassidy Thompson is from the Outside. Outside as in BEYOND THE FENCE. She stumbles into an unknown world, a d... Plus

Author's Note
Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty One.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Chapter Forty Four.
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight.

Chapter Twenty Eight.

3.3K 113 8
Par BookWormAtWork

Chapter Twenty Eight.

Eric returned with my breakfast in the morning. With something extra.

"Chocolate?" I eyed the delicious bar of goodness. "Where on earth did you get that?"

Eric grinned, handing me the yummy goodness. "For me to know and for you to find out." I ripped the wrapper and snapped off a square.

"You don't realise how long it has been since I had one of these." I groaned, eating another square.

Eric had placed my breakfast on the bench before sitting besides me. Our shoulders and knees were touching. Only ever so lightly but shocks shot me like lightening.

"I just wanted to say thank you, for what happened yesterday." Eric said lowly (I didn't know why, I was the only other person in the cell).

"It's... Not a problem." I stuttered stupidly like an idiot. "It's not a problem." I repeated.

I saw Eric smile out of the corner of my eye. He placed his hand on top of mine. "Thank you-"

I looked at him, not realising that he was leaning in to kiss my cheek. His lips caught mine. I thought he'd pull away, but he didn't. He kept his lips pressed against mine.

He budged closer to me, if that was even possible, and pressed harder on my mouth.

Opening his mouth, he slowly licked my lower lip. I opened, and his tongue darted into my mouth. One hand was against my cheek, his thumb rubbing in circles against my bruise where I had attempted splitting the fight between Peter and Tris, while the other hand trailed up my thigh and stopped at my hip.

The kiss became for urgent now. He was speeding up the pace of our once slow kiss, to a rapid like a racing car kiss.

I moved so that I was sat in Eric's lap. It was much more comfortable position that kissing whilst sat next to each other.

I pulled away, panting and my lungs burned for air. My eyes were still shut, but our noses were still touching.

Eric had been my first, and now he had been my first kiss.

Yeah, believe it or not, I hadn't kissed anybody like Eric and I just did. A peck on the cheek? Plenty. Snogged with passion and urgency? No, not before Eric.

"Sorry." Eric said, slightly breathless.

"Sorry?" I murmured, forehead clashing with Eric's. "Do you see the position we're in?"

Eric pulled away, his hands curling around my bum. "No, but I do now."

A smile made it's way to my face. "I think I better get off you, anyone could walk straight in." I began pushing myself away from his chest, and I wobbled on my feet before sitting besides him.

It was silent. Not an awkward silence that had happened in the elevator, it was more comfortable. Where you didn't need to talk. No action was needed.

"Have you thought of any names?" Eric pondered. "Or whether it's a boy or a girl?"

I shot him a smirk. "I said I haven't decided anything until I told you. By my guess is a boy. You?"

"A girl. Off the top of your head, what names would you pick?"

"Um. If it was a boy, I'd name him... Oliver. A girl would have to be Elizabeth." A weak smile made it's way to my lips.

"After your mother?" Eric questioned and I nodded. "Okay, if it's a boy, I would name him Nicolas. A girl, Louise."

I smiled at his names. "I like them. Nicolas-Oliver and Elizabeth-Louise. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

Eric smiled even more. "Yes. Yes, it does."

***

Jeanine forgot that I was getting transfered, at least, not for long.

She sent Peter, who had claimed that she wanted me to see something first, before tranfering me to another "suitable" environment.

I stepped out of my cell, and I breathed in the better air out here than in there.

In front of me was a bed. It looked like one of those hospital rollable beds. Covering it was a pale white sheet.

My heart dulled. I knew what was under there: a body. That's what always happened in movies, don't they?

"Go on, Candor. Look under the sheet." He stepped away, before opening another door.

"Four!" I exclaimed happily. He ran to me and threw his hands around my body. "You're okay!"

I felt Four smirk against my neck. "Yeah, I'm okay. You? Are you okay?" He pulled back at arms length, examining me.

I nodded. "Fine..." I eyed the bed then at Peter. "Where's Tris?"

Peter smirked and my eyes shot to the bed. She couldn't be... Dead, could she?

Four stiffened behind me. He lent and pulled the sheet back. Tris.

Her hair was knotty and messy; her skin was pale. Death pale.

Dead. She's dead.

I let out an oath, Four growled viciously, before stepping away from me.

"Gah!" Peter gargled and I span around to see Four in the hold of two other guards while Peter was holding his arm, where Tris had shot him.

Peter shot a glare in Four's direction, and said: "Do you want to do that thing?"

I felt something warm touch my hand. Looking down I saw a hand. But not any hand.

Tris's hand.

"You're alive!" I smiled, pulling her up and she leaned against my shoulder when her legs collapsed underneath her.

Four ran over, pulling Tris to his arms. He hauled him onto his arms bridal style.

"Where's the exit?" Four asked Peter sharply.

"No! We need the box! Jeanine needs it so we have to get it." Tris cuts in, more awake. "Is that room easy to get to?"

"Why do I have to help you?" Peter snapped back. "Just because I helped you just doesn't mean I will help you again."

I didn't say anything, but crept to the two unconscious guards by the wall. I picked up both guard's guns and pressed the barrel against Peter's head.

"You owe us one, Peter." I threatened.

Peter stared at me, devoid of emotion. "Fine." He chipped. "I'll need to disable door."

Tris smirked. And Peter went off, presumably disarming the door. Tris directed me where to go, with her and Four following closely behind.

"I can walk now." Tris mutters and she shivered when her feet were on the floor. She took the spare gun.

I poked my head around the corner, spotting two guards. "That's it?" I mouthed. Tris looked and nodded.

When Four looked, he handed us his weapons, and walked around the corner. He held his hands up as if in surrender before knocking them out cold.

I shrugged at his logic, following in his footsteps. Four lent down to the eye key and the machine scanned his eye.

"Access denied."

He tried again a few seconds later. "Access denied."

"Come on, Peter." I grunted, holding the gun in my hands whilst checking up and down the corridor. I bopped on the balls of my feet, anxious.

A click sounded and we were let in. I stepped into a wide spaced room. Three walls covered in computers while one wall was just glass, a window to another room.

We were in the glass room now, then alarms went off.

"Burglar alarm." Four mutters. Tris stared at the box but grabbed my hand, force like a clamp when I went to reach the metal box on top of a table.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "We need to take it and go."

Four looked over from where he was guarding the massive double doors. "Hurry up, it's not like we have all day."

Tris looked at him. "We need to open it." I snatched my hand back, and guarded a few metres away from Four. I pressed a button that shut the door as I heard the stomping feet of Erudite and Dauntless traitors.

"Too late, they're here." I state, lifting my gun towards the door. They were there now, I can hear their gasps for air.

"Tris!" Four yelled when wires attached themselves to Tris: at the back of her arms, legs, neck and back.

The machine moved Tris around as if she were a rag doll. Then she stopped. Four pulled the wires out as the box said:

"Hello. My name is Amanda Ritter." A woman was on the screens of every computer screen in the room. She must be on every single screen in the city.

"In this file, I'll tell you what you need to know. I am the leader of the organization fighting for justice and peace."

Oh my God. What has Tris found?

If you've read the book, you know what it is! :D

The other day, I had Prom! Honestly, it was amazing! The food could have been better and I spent most of my night dancing!

How has your week been?

Fan/comment/vote!

Love

C.I.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

429K 26K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.3M 59.1K 106
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
483K 14.6K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
167K 5.8K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...