Cold Hearted | Damon Salvatore

By ShanayaSalvatore

(currently editing) "Before he met her he was nothing but a cold heart" [BOOK ONE OF ARIA CONNOR SERIES] [TH... More

cold hearted
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Two
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Three
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Four
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
Act Five
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Six
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Seven
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Act Eight
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
Sequel!

eleven

2.8K 93 74
By ShanayaSalvatore

11. Woke Up With A Monster

"See, we never went out to eat when I was a kid" Kai informed Aria, as they sat in the empty Grill, waiting for Elena to wake up, "So I always had this fascination with chefs and fine dining".

"Remind me to teach you how to talk to humans" Aria said, feeding the chef Kai tried to kill her blood, and then compelling him to leave the Grill.

"Oh, come on" Kai complained, "I thought we were torturing people".

"We are here to torture Elena, not innocent people" Aria said.

"Boring" Kai said, causing Aria to roll her eyes.

Aria and Kai turned their attention to Elena when they heard her groan in pain, the vervain ropes Kai tied on her wrist burning her, "Why am I here?".

"Uh well, I spent eighteen years in abandoned restaurants and now I'm showing off the fruits of my labor" Kai replied.

"I don't mean the Mystic Grill" Elena said, as Aria walked over to the bar and grabbed a bottle of bourbon.

"Oh, you mean like--like, here, here, in Mystic Falls?" Kai asked, "It's simple, I brought you here so Aria can torture you".

"Cheers to that" Aria said, taking a swing out of the bourbon bottle.

"You're really pretty" Kai told Aria.

"Thanks?" Aria said, unsure of what else to say.

"No problem" Kai said, taking another bite of his food.

"Okay, can we can get on to the torture part now?" Aria asked, putting the bottle of bourbon down.

"But we need a bigger place then this" Kai complained, "Ooh, I know, what about your high school?".

"You want to torture my arch nemesis at my old high school?" Aria asked.

"Yeah, why not?" Kai asked, "According to you, Elena and you became enemies when you two were in high school, so I like that irony".

Aria sighed, "Fine" she said, "But if we move places one more time, I'm ditching you".

 "Deal" Kai said, while a terrified doppelganger looked between him and the clearly unstable tribrid, having no idea what their plans for her were.

***

"About time" Aria said, seeing Elena finally wake up.

"We're in our high school?" A confused Elena asked, as two chains tied to the roof held her up by her hands.

"Yeah, plenty of restrooms, no flammable surfaces, and everyone's on winter break, still" Kai replied, throwing Aria a chocolate he got from one of the vending machines.

"Thanks" Aria said, opening the chocolate and taking a bite out of it.

"You know, it's no wonder America got dumb while I was locked up, they're never in school" Kai said, looking at the showcase wall, where a picture of Aria with the cheerleading squad was placed, "Aww, look at you Aria, you look so innocent here, smiling like nothing back could ever happen to you".

"That's cause I was innocent" Aria said, throwing the wrapper of her eaten chocolate in the bin, "Now back to business, whose turn was to turn Elena's blood into acid again?".

"I believe it was yours" Kai replied.

"Again?" Elena asked shocked.

"Yeah, that's kind of how you got here in the first place" Kai replied, "I was trying the whole acid-blood thing and I think I burst a few important capillaries in your brain, because you blacked out, but don't worry Aria is much better then me".

"Yes, I am" Aria said, taking her jacket off and passing it to Kai.

"Aria, you don't have to do this" Elena warned, seeing the dangerous look on the tribrids face.

"Keep on blabbering Elena, but I assure you, your voice is not reaching my ears, it's been one of those days where all I want to do is torture people" Aria said, extending one of her hands towards the doppelganger, Aria started chanting.

"Listen to me, you don't have to do this!" Elena said, she then started yelling when immense pain shot through her body, "Please, Aria, stop! Aah!", Aria ignored Elena's pleading and continued turning her blood into acid, "Aria, stop, stop it, Aria!", Elena then looked at her tied up hand in shock when she realised Aria's magic was melting her daylight ring, "My ring!" she cried, "Aria, you're melting my ring".

"Guess it means it's working" Kai said, as Aria's chants got louder, along with Elena's scream.

***

"That was awesome!" Kai yelled, "I am starting to see why Damon and Kol dig you, I mean, you are crazy-pants".

"On a normal day, I would be offended" Aria said, "But today, I do feel crazy so you get a pass, now, what are you going to do next?".

"Do you know a spell that will extinguish someone on fire?" Kai asked.

"I read about a spell like that in one of Grams grimoires, never did it though" Aria replied.

"You might have to do it today" Kai said, extending his hands towards an nearly unconscious Elena.

"You're going to light her on fire?" Aria asked.

"Going to try to lit her on fire" Kai corrected, "I don't have control over my magic, remember?".

"I remember" Aria replied, "Wait, so why do I need to do the extinguish spell?".

"Because I don't know how to" Kai replied, "And I don't want our torture doll to die this quickly".

"Good point" Aria said, standing next to Kai, "Go for it".

Kai smirked at Aria, and then looked towards Elena and started chanting.

***

While Aria and Kai were torturing Elena, Aria's phone suddenly started ringing.

"Yeah, Care?" Aria answered, while Kai turned Elena's blood into acid, causing her to yell in pain.

"Is that Elena?" Caroline asked, confused hearing Elena's screams.

"It's a long story, don't worry about it" Aria replied, "You tell me, why did you call, mom's alright, right?".

"Mom's fine, for now at least" Caroline replied, "I called to tell you to meet me at the hospital, I'm going to give mom my blood".

"What?" Aria asked shocked, "Caroline, you can't do that, remember what Nik said, we don't know what our blood will do to her".

"I do know what our blood will do to her Aria, it's going to heal her" Caroline said.

"And how are you so sure about that?" Aria asked confused.

"Because when I was at Duke I met a cancer patient and he wasn't going to make it through the night, so I decided what does he have to lose, you know" Caroline said.

"Tell me, you didn't do what I think you did" Aria said, realising what her sister most likely had done.

"I fed him my blood" Caroline revealed.

"Caroline!" Aria yelled, "What the hell were you thinking?!".

"Aria, relax and just listen to me" Caroline said, "I'm currently looking at him, and he's fine, he's out of bed, walking, running, jumping, no sign of cancer anywhere".

Caroline's words, left Aria stunned, "Wait, so you're saying that--?".

"My blood healed him, Aria" Caroline finished, "Our blood cures cancer".

"Oh my god" Aria whispered, "This is means we can save her, we can save mom".

"Yeah" Caroline whispered, "We can save our mom, Aria".

"I'll meet you at the house" Aria suddenly said.

"Hurry" Caroline said.

"Be there in ten" Aria assured, after hanging up on her sister, Aria turned to a curious Kai, "I have to go".

"What, why?" Kai asked confused, "Aren't you enjoying torturing your arch nemesis?".

"Oh, trust me, I enjoyed this a lot, but I have a chance to save my mom, Kai" Aria replied, "I have to go, I'll see you later".

Before Kai could stop her, Aria had speeded away, leaving Elena in the mercy of Kai, who was still in the mood to torture.

***

Aria and Caroline entered the Forbes house together, entering the living room they saw their mother sitting on the couch, a blanket wrapped around her and hot cup of hot chocolate in her hand.

"Hey" Aria greeted, "Where are the guys?".

While Caroline and Aria were busy with their respective things, Klaus, Kol and Damon were with Liz, making sure she was comfortable.

"Kol went to grab some food from the Grill, Klaus and Damon went to grab the kids from Rebekah and Enzo after realising how late it was getting" Liz informed.

Aria nodded and both her and Caroline went and sat on the couch infront of their mother.

"So I met with that expert at Duke today" Caroline started, "And she said that your doctors are doing everything right, and she also said that there is nothing that they can do to cure you".

"That is one doctor's opinion" Liz said, trying assure her daughters that she was going to be fine.

"Waiting for more medical opinions isn't going to change this" Caroline said, "You're dying, Mom".

"Care" Aria warned.

"No Aria, she needs to know that we're out of options" Caroline said, "Which is why I gave my blood to a cancer patient today, and I healed him".

"Mom, turns out vampire blood does heal cancer" Aria said, shocking Liz, "Caroline proved it tonight".

"Look, me and Aria are immortal, and you're not" Caroline said, "And we both always knew that we would lose you one day".

"But neither me or Caroline are ready to lose you right now" Aria said.

"You're supposed to be here for our college graduation" Caroline said.

"You're supposed to be here and watch all five of your grandkids grow up" Aria added.

"And we're supposed to argue about flower arrangements for mine and Aria's weddings" Caroline continued, "We're supposed to have years and years worth of birthday dinners and Christmases and whitewater rafting trips".

"We want all of that with our mom" Aria said, "We want Sheriff Elizabeth Forbes to live, not just for herself, but for her two daughters, and for her grandkids, and I know we might sound selfish mom, but I don't care, I just want my mom, I'm not ready to lose another mother, I don't have it in me, me and Caroline have survived a lot, alone and together, but none of us will survive your death, not yet at least".

Liz looked at her two daughters, tears welling in her eyes, "I want all that too, baby" she cried.

Caroline and Aria looked at each other and then at their mother, with huge smiles on their faces.

Aria bit into her hand and put her blood in Liz's cup and handed it over to her.

Liz took the cup and after giving her daughters one last glance, took a sip.

"Everything's gonna be okay" Caroline assured, not knowing how wrong her words were, nothing was going to be okay.

Because while Aria and Caroline were rejoicing about the fact that their mother will now live, the cancer patient who Caroline had given her blood to, his condition had gotten worse.

***

Presenting 6x11 of The Vampire Diaries . . .

How was the chapter?

Thoughts on Aria's reaction to losing Liz?

Thoughts on Aria and Kai torturing Elena together?

Thoughts on Aria and Caroline deciding to give vampire blood to Liz?

Also, I know not a lot of Daria in these past chapters, right now I really want to focus on the Forbes family, and I'd like to think Damon would want Aria to spend as much time with her mother as possible so he's kind of keeping his distance while at the same time making sure Aria has a should to cry on whenever she needs on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 10.4K 62
After a time-traveling trip gone wrong, Hope returns to a reality where the Mikaelsons are the gods of the supernatural world. Welcome to the Alterna...
213K 9.2K 34
Where a bored fairy leaves her homeland to travel around the human world. To learn new things and have adventures. Which she will and much more... Va...
694K 16K 51
In which Bonnie's older cousin Natalie finds out she is soulmates with the Original hybrid. (Season 2 - 3) (Klaus Mikaelson x OC) I DO NOT own TVD n...
346K 11K 71
Madeline Sage Saltzman, a vampire hunter and adoptive daughter of Alaric Saltzman, did not know what was in store for her when she entered Mystic Fal...