The Girl is Mine • MJ Fanfic...

By aureanights

It's 1988. Lauren Porter is a 24 year-old living in New York. She feels like the unluckiest person in the Wor... More

Disclaimer + Cast
One: Lucky Day
Two: Big Night
Three: Feels Like A Dream
Four: Unexpected Guest
Five: Go With The Flow
Six: Heat of the Moment
Seven: Distractions or Dishonesty?
Eight: If It's Meant To Be
Nine: What Could've Been
Ten: I Love You, I Love You Not
Eleven: Guilty Conscience
Twelve: No Trespassing
Thirteen: Past, Present, & Future
Fourteen: Start Over
Fifteen: What If?
Sixteen: Did I Tell You How Much I Missed You?
Seventeen: Only Time Will Tell
Eighteen: Night Out
Nineteen: Everything's Not Okay
Twenty: Sooner Than Later
Twenty-One: Cherry Blossom Trees
Twenty-Two: For As Long As You Want
Twenty-Three: Knowing Look
Twenty-Four: May I Have This Dance?
Twenty-Five: You Have A Visitor
Twenty-Seven: Stop The Music
Twenty-Eight: Center Stage
Twenty-Nine: You Know Me So Well
Thirty: Expecting Someone
Thirty-One: Awkward Feeling
Thirty-Two: Deja-Vu
Thirty-Three: Heartbeat
Thirty-Four: The Right Way
Thirty-Five: Meet The Family
Thirty-Six: Soft Kisses
Thirty-Seven: How Convenient
Thirty-Eight: How Stupid Could You Be?
Thirty-Nine: Best Interest
Forty: Old Habits Do Die Hard
Forty-One: You Lost Your Momentum
Forty-Two: Enjoying the View
Forty-Three: Off The Hook
Forty-Four: The Running Game
Forty-Five: Repressed Memories
Forty-Six: Stand The Test of Time
Forty-Seven: Rolling With The Punches
Forty-Eight: Marriages, Disapprovals, Apologies, and the Act of Love
Forty-Nine: Tying Up Loose Ends
Fifty: Missing In Action
Fifty-One: Welcome to the World
Epilogue: For All Time

Twenty-Six: Call Girl

306 8 2
By aureanights

I stood there as I stared at my mother, not expecting her to be here. I thought Michael was joking when he said it wasn't another surprise. That didn't stop me from being surprised, though. My mother looked hesitant as she looked at me. She gave me a small smile, and I returned it. I felt myself being pushed forward, and turned around seeing Michael nudging me away from the door.

He motioned for me to go and talk to my mother instead of just standing there. Shortly after, he smirked as he closed the door in my face, leaving my mother and I alone. I simply rolled my eyes as I chuckled. He's so childish.

But I did need to face it, and talk to her. I didn't even get the chance to tell Michael about my conversation with my mom, but I'll probably tell him later. Unless it comes up during this conversation, and he overhears it.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I asked her as I took a step forward. I hesitated, but took small steps hoping she didn't notice my walk. Damn I was in pain. I needed a nice bath after this talk.

"After almost ruining your birthday yesterday, I didn't wanna almost ruin it again. I waited until this morning to talk to you, but you weren't in your room. Ashlyn told me you were here," she explained and I nodded.

"You didn't almost ruin my birthday, mom," I told her truthfully. She gave me a small smile.

"But that doesn't make me feel any less bad. Nor does it make my behavior okay. I was wrong." She replied. "I shouldn't have said the things that I said. Not at any time or on any day, especially not your birthday," she said. "Yeah, I may have my doubts and my thoughts and feelings. But one thing I said that was true, was the fact that you are an adult, and it's your life and your choices," she continued.

I didn't respond. I didn't want to interrupt her. I wanted her to say everything that she needed to say before speaking.

"I definitely shouldn't have said what I said about Michael and Jam either. The honeymoon phase is real, and when it's over, you're faced with different challenges and obstacles. But I shouldn't have projected my doubts and fears onto you." She admitted. "And despite Michael being who he is, you were right, he cares about you a lot. He loves you and he's very much in love with you," she said causing me to nod and smile. "I shouldn't have put those thoughts saying otherwise into your head," she added and I nodded agreeing.

"Yeah," I said laughing and she did as well. "Because I did get scared, and immediately started thinking about the 'what-if's.'" I admitted. "I thought about a future where we weren't together and was damn near in tears, but had to stop myself," I said as I chuckled and unknowingly wiped my eye.

"Like you're about to be right now," she said referring to the tears forming in my eyes.

"These hormones," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Speaking of hormones," she said. "It's your body, your baby, and your choice. I definitely can't take that from you." She added. "It doesn't matter if you're married or if y'all have been together for a long time, it just matters if you're happy." She continued.

"And I am, very happy." I told her and she nodded her head.

"I see that, sweetheart," she said smiling. "I'm not worried that you won't be a great mother or you two won't be great parents, or still be together. I'm just scared that you might be rushing and moving through life too fast. You just turned 25, but you're still our baby," she said as she sniffled. I sighed and playfully rolled my eyes. "But that's no excuse. You're an adult, and you were raised right, and got a good head on your shoulders." She said as she smiled.

"Thank you," I said to her as I smiled.

"I said all of that to say, I apologize, Lauren," she said as she pulled me into a hug. She hugged me tightly as she rocked me. "And I owe you an apology as well, Michael," she said as we pulled apart, and I noticed her look behind me. I turned and saw Michael slowly stepping out of the room and making his way over to us. He had a smile on his face.

"You don't owe me an apology," he told her as she hugged him as well. I smiled to myself happy that this was finally over. The doubts I had were now gone. I felt relief take over my body. "But I really do love her, a lot," he told her gesturing to me. "And I am in love with her," he added as he looked at me. I couldn't help but blush.

"I know, and I'm glad she has you," she replied smiling as she looked back and forth between us.

"Wait, does dad know?" I asked snapping out of my thoughts. "Has he figured out that I"m, you know?" I said, motioning to my belly. "You didn't tell him did you?" I asked nervously.

"Of course not," she said. "It's not my place. I just simply figured it out," she smirked cockily. "The rest is on you two," she said.

"Thank God," I sighed. "Well, thank you for coming to talk to me," I told her. "Let me walk you out," I added.

She said goodbye to Michael and he returned it. I got up from my spot on the couch, wanting to groan so bad. I was really sore, but I didn't need my mom noticing. I looked at Michael who had a smirk on his face as he watched me struggle. I flipped him off before turning around and walking her to the door.

Once we got to the door, we stopped. I was caught off guard when my mom gave me a knowing look. "I see everything, little girl." She said and I scrunched my face up at her confused. "Your walk," she said raising her eyebrow before smirking. "You ain't slick. I noticed it from the moment you stepped out of that room," she said looking at me.

"Mom, please," I groaned as I opened the door for her. Although I'm an adult, and in a relationship, not to mention being pregnant as well, it was still weird when my parents even mentioned sex. Especially when they say slick things to each other that they don't think anyone notices. Even though they have three kids, the shit is still gross.

"See you later, I love you," she said as she pulled me into a hug, and kissed my cheek.

"I love you too," I replied kissing her cheek before we pulled apart. I watched her as she left before closing the door.

I slowly walked through the living room, seeing that Michael was no longer there. I went into the bedroom, finding it empty, so I walked into the bathroom. Michael was at the tub, running bathwater. I loved this tub, it was beautiful. Being that it's a jacuzzi tub, it came equipped with jets on every side.

"I'm running you a bubble bath," he said and I nodded.

"Thank you, baby," I replied as I smiled at him. I noticed that he lit some candles and added some rose petals, along with some bath oils that smelled amazing. When he finished, I dropped my robe exposing my naked body before stepping in. "You're getting in with me," I told him.

"No, I was gonna just let you relax." He replied.

"I wasn't asking." I said simply as I looked him over.

He bit his bottom lip as he stripped out of his clothes and got inside. He sat opposite of me, but we were still close to each other. I sighed in relief as the water relaxed my body. I had a smile on my face as I closed my eyes.

"I'm ready to talk about it whenever you are," Michael spoke up softly.

I opened my eyes as I looked over at him. He had his eyes on me as he awaited my response. I knew he was talking about the baby. I figured I would talk to him about it sooner or later. After the talk I just had with my mom, maybe now would be a good time talk about it. There's really no point in putting it off any longer.

"We can talk now if you want," I replied sitting up a little. He nodded his head as he moved closer to me. "Oh, you wanted me to go first?" I asked when I saw him just looking at me and didn't say anything.

"Yes," he said laughing.

"Okay, I'll go." I said as I chuckled. "Well, honestly, I was in denial about it at first. But then after coming to terms with it, I became conflicted. I didn't know if I wanted to keep it or not. I don't know if you feel the same or not, but that's how I felt." I told him. "I thought about everything. I thought about the fact that we're still fresh into our relationship. I thought about the fact that you might not be ready yet. I thought about the fact that I might not be ready. I thought about both of our careers. I thought about the fact that I live in New York, and you don't." I added. "I don't doubt that we'll be great parents, it's just everything else that worries me. I haven't even met your family. And I can only imagine what the press is gonna say about me, if or when they find out about me and my pregnancy," I admitted, truthfully.

He sat there for a moment as he took in my words. I knew that it was a lot, but it was the truth. It was how I felt about everything. And it was time for me to express that.

"Thank you for telling me that," he spoke up. "I felt the same way about all of those things. And one thing I never want, is to make you feel trapped or obligated to keep this baby. I want both of us to be happy and on the same page." He added. "I'm scared as well, Lauren. But as long as we're doing this together, we can get through it. No matter what it is." He continued.

"What are you saying, Michael?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"I'm saying I want to keep our baby. I wanna be a father. I wanna raise children with you." He told me. "The thought of you carrying my baby means everything to me," He added and I felt myself tearing up. "But if that's not what you want, it doesn't have to be right now. As long as we're together, and you're carrying my children one day, that works too." He told me. "We have all the time in the world if you don't think now is the right time." He said.

I was full on crying right now. "Michael, I love you, so much," I told him. "And I wanna keep the baby. I wanna do this with you, now. I don't wanna wait." I said through tears. "But what about your family?" I asked.

"You can meet them whenever you're ready to meet them." He told me with assurance. "If anybody, most definitely mother and Janet," he added and I nodded my head. I was definitely nervous about meeting his family. I didn't want them to think nothing but good things about me. Especially his mother.

"What if they don't like me? What if they think bad things because we're not married or we haven't been together that long? What if they think I trapped you?" I asked as I thought about the negative outcomes. "I can only imagine what the press is gonna say." I added.

"Love, you can't let stuff like that get to you and scare you," he told me as he moved closer to me. "My family will love you. What's not to love?" He asked as he smirked, caressed my face causing me to blush. "And if anything, I trapped you," he joked and I playfully rolled my eyes. "And the press? Fuck them," he said aggressively. "Fuck their opinions. They don't matter," he continued and I nodded my head. He kissed my lips as he looked down at me.

I felt myself calming down as I stared into his eyes. "We're gonna have a baby," I said softly.

"We're gonna have a baby," he repeated as he nodded his head. "We're gonna have a baby," he repeated louder, this time as he did that cute laugh he always did. He grabbed me and pulled me into his lap. He kissed my lips passionately before slightly pulling apart. "We're gonna have a baby," he mumbled against my lips causing me to blush.

I couldn't believe I was about to be a mother. I felt a tingling feeling on the inside. I was about to be the mother of Michael's child. The man I loved. I couldn't be happier.

. . .

The Next Day - December 16, 1988

"I'm gonna be an auntie," Ashlyn squealed as she did a little dance. We were in my room laying in the bed. After spending all day with Michael just laying in his arms, talking and watching movies yesterday, I was now spending time with Ashlyn. Since the fun was over because Michael had to get back to rehearsal for the show tomorrow night, I wouldn't see him as much as I did these past two nights.

I couldn't wait to come and share the news with Ashlyn. I'm really gonna be someone's mom.

"When are you gonna tell your parents?" She asked me.

"Honestly, I don't know. I was thinking maybe around Christmas or New Years." I told her truthfully. "Even though it's really just my dad and siblings since my mom already knows." I added.

"Yeah, but she doesn't know that you're gonna keep it." She replied.

"I'm pretty sure she has a feeling this is gonna be the outcome," I told her. "Especially after the conversation we had yesterday," I said and she nodded agreeing.

"True. That woman knows everything," she said laughing and I joined her because it was true. You couldn't get nothing by my mom. It's like she's psychic or something. "I'm glad you two made up after what happened at the restaurant," she said and I nodded. Since I didn't really see Ashlyn much on my birthday, and not at all yesterday, I finally told her what happened between my mom and I today.

She was shocked to hear about what she said to me. But was happy once I told her that we made up.

"Yeah, that shit really sucked. I definitely was feeling like shit after that." I told her. "I didn't expect her to say something that soon, though," I said referring to yesterday morning. "I know she meant well and that she loves me. Sometimes it just comes off wrong," I added and she nodded agreeing.

"Especially since they're older and different than us. They say things and it sounds bad, but to them, it's all out of love. At least she was able to see where she was wrong," Ashlyn replied.

I nodded my head agreeing as I ate a scoop of my ice cream.

We were currently eating ice cream sundaes in bed together. I had been craving something sweet. Neither Ashlyn nor me wanted to leave the hotel today. So we decided to just have a girls day in bed.

"Where's Mark?" I asked her.

"Out doing some solo sightseeing. And getting souvenirs for his family," she told me and I nodded.

"I still can't believe you and Mark are together and really happy," I told her.

"You? I definitely can't believe that shit, and we live together now," she laughed. "But I definitely love him, a lot," she said.

"And that's good. You deserve that." I told her truthfully.

"Thank you, Lauren," she replied.

"Don't thank me," I said as I mocked her. She loves to tell me that all the time, so I decided to use it on her.

"Shut up," she said playfully as she rolled her eyes. We continued to eat ice cream as we laid in bed together, watching our favorite movie, Trading Places.

. . .

Michael's POV

"Congratulations," Greg said giving me a big smile. I told him the news that Lauren and I were gonna keep the baby. Greg and Bill were the only people that I would be telling outside of my family, when that time came. I knew I could trust Greg, so I wasn't worried about him saying anything.

"Thanks, man," I said as I laughed lightly.

"You're really about to be a father, I'm proud," he said. "How do you feel?" He asked me.

"I feel good," I told him truthfully. "I think this is gonna be a good thing," I admitted.

"When you plan on telling your family?" He asked me.

"That, I don't know," I admitted as I sighed. "I definitely wanna make sure the time is right. So probably when she's further along," I continued. "I just don't want her overwhelmed. She's already freaking out about how they're gonna feel about her. And don't get me started on the press." I added rolling my eyes. "I just wanna take it all one step at a time. I don't want it to be too much on her too soon." I explain and he nodded understanding.

"You know the press is gonna eat that shit up," he said and I nodded.

One thing about the press, they're far from nice people. All the bullshit and lies they've said about me. I shook my head as I thought about the potential bullshit that would be printed about Lauren, our relationship, and the baby, if that ever got out. I just hoped things stayed civil. I wanted this to continue to remain a secret until we were ready for everything to be public.

"The fans are gonna be sick," he joked. "I can see them now," he laughed as he shook his head. "But I really am happy for you, man," he said as he slapped hands with me pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you, Greg. I really appreciate it," I told him honestly. Greg was a good guy. He was one of the most kindest, and most loyal people I've met.

Like clockwork, everyone started making their way on stage. It was time for rehearsal. Our shows started back tomorrow night. Since we had two days off, we had to work really hard today, to make sure everything from the music all the way to the full run-through was ready. Greg and I are usually the first ones out here, mainly going over music stuff. We also took this time to talk about things he and I had going on in our lives. Like this for an example.

Once everyone was on stage, we all got in formation starting from the top of the show. I led everyone as we began to rehearse. It was hard rehearsing, watching and directing everything at the same time. No matter how hard it was, I still got it done.

After about two run throughs, we took a break. Once the break was over, we all retook our spots on stage. As I was about to began, I was stopped.

"Mike, you're gonna wanna see this," Bill said as he made his way over to me with something in his hand. It looked like a thin booklet.

"What is it, Bill?" I asked once he approached me. I sighed in shock as I looked down at the magazine he handed me. "Shit," I hissed as I squeezed the thin magazine in my hands.

"What's going on, Mike?" Greg asked as he approached me. I didn't respond, I simply handed him the magazine as I briefly paced back and forth before stopping. "Damn, you think your family looks at the National Enquirer?" He asked me genuinely. Usually Greg makes a joke, but this time he was serious.

The real question is, has Lauren seen it?

. . .

Lauren's POV

Ashlyn and I were still in bed watching movies. We were now watching The Breakfast Club. This was another one of our favorite movies. "It was obvious that they were gonna end up together," Ashlyn said referring to Molly Ringwald, and Judd Nelson's characters Claire and John.

"Definitely," I said agreeing with her as we laughed. A few minutes later, we heard the room door open and close.

"Hi, babe," Ashlyn yelled knowing it was Mark.

Since we were staying in all day, and I still had my key in case one of us needed to leave, Ashlyn gave Mark hers so he could let himself in today. And we were the only ones with a key, so it was obvious that it was him. Since my bedroom door was kind of open, but slightly pushed forward, I knew he could hear her.

Seconds later, there was a knock on my bedroom door before it was pushed open. Mark appeared with his eyes covered. "Everybody decent?" He asked.

"Yes," Ashlyn said as she smacked her teeth. I simply laughed at both of them.

"I was just making sure," he laughed as he lowered his hand from his eyes. I noticed he had what looked like a thin magazine. "You need to see this," he said as his laughter died down, and his smile dropped. "Saw this while I was out shopping," he said as he handed me the magazine with a serious look on his face.

Ashlyn and I looked at it as my jaw dropped. I heard her gasp beside me. "No fucking way," she said shocked as she looked at the cover and read the headline.

It was the National Enquirer. On the cover was a picture of me about to go inside Michael's hotel room. This picture was clearly from his stay in New York. What shocked me even more, was the damn headline. Call girl makes nightly visits to Michael Jackson's Hotel Room.

"Call girl!? Who the hell lied and told them I was a fucking call girl!?" I semi yelled as I sat up not believing what I just read.

The picture of me going into his room was a bit blurry, appearing to be camera footage from the hotel. But it didn't help that there was a smaller circle that had a clear image of me that someone from downstairs snapped of me, catching me off guard.

I looked over at Ashlyn before sighing and taking a deep breath. My secret was out. Well, kind of out. The call girl part was a damn lie. But either way, I was now known to the public. Now the world saw my face. And sadly they wouldn't forget it.

I can only imagine what the hell his family is gonna think of me once they saw this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.5K 326 8
Michael Jackson's new manager, Frank Dileo wants Michael to have a totally new image: single, sexy & Bad! And that's just what Michael will be. The...
3.5K 123 25
She looked me deep in the eyes She's touchin' me so to start She says, "There's no turnin' back." She trapped me in her heart... He was blinded by he...
5.5K 212 62
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 - 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐫𝐚 (1968-1985) 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐚 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝, a young vibrant girl living out her dreams until she got c...
14.3K 466 24
Kayla has already been through enough turmoil in her life. She has a beautiful home, a job and she's married but that's just it..Nobody knew what hap...