The Lone Wolf | Fred Weasley...

By ynhpstories

Y/n Lupin became a werewolf at a young age from Fenrir Greyback. She kept this secret from everyone apart fro... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Reunited
Chapter 2: Back to the Burrow
Chapter 3: Insecurites
Chapter 4: The Portkey
Chapter 5: The Match
Chapter 6: Aftermath
Chapter 7: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 8: A Scary Realisation
Chapter 9: The First Transformation
Chapter 10: The Morning After
Chapter 11: A Shocking Discovery
Chapter 12: The Champion Selection
Chapter 13: A Confession
Chapter 14: The First Task
Chapter 15: The Second Transformation
Chapter 16: Dance Lessons
Chapter 17: Doubts
Chapter 18: Dress Shopping
Chapter 19: The Ball and the Question
Chapter 20: The First Meeting
Announcement!
Chapter 21: Revealing News
Chapter 22: The Second Task
Chapter 23: A Unwanted Surprise
Chapter 24: The Truth is Revealed
Chapter 25: A Awkward Class
Chapter 26: Somethings Wrong
Chapter 27: The Final Task
Part 29: 12 Grimmauld Place
Chapter 30: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 31: The Secret is Out
Chapter 32: Cute Little Reveals
Chapter 33: Returning Home
Chapter 34: The New Professor
Chapter 36: Taking the Quill
Chapter 37: She Now Knows
Chapter 38: One Long Night
Chapter 39: Close Call
Chapter 40: Locked Out
Chapter 41: Family
Chapter 42: "We all know you did it"
Chapter 43: The HogsHead
Chapter 44: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 45: Stunning
Chapter 46: The Fox and The Snow
Chapter 47: The Attack and The Reunion
Chapter 48: Admissions and Secrets
Chapter 49: Christmas
Chapter 50: Discovered
Chapter 51: The Twins Grand Plan
Chapter 52: The Grand Exit
Chapter 53: The Ministry of Magic
Chapter 54: Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
Chapter 55: The Cottage in the Woods
Chapter 56: An Unexpected Guest
Chapter 57: The Smell
Chapter 58: Christmas Gone Wrong
Chapter 59: The Crypt
Chapter 60: The Letter
Chapter 61: The Rescue
Chapter 62: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 63: The Battle of Eight Potters
Chapter 64: A Wedding Gone Wrong
Chapter 65: The Break-in
Chapter 66: Hidden
Chapter 67: Castle in Danger
Chapter 68: The Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 69: The Fallout
Chapter 70: Goodbye
Bonus: The Afterlife
Thank You!

Chapter 28: The Long Way Home

932 23 6
By ynhpstories

Y/n's POV;
Part 53

I walked out of the great hall with tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Grasping onto Fred's hand as if he'd vanish if I let go.

"It's okay love." Fred whispered to me, pulling my body closer to his as we walked up the stairs towards the Gryffindor common room.

"It could have been you." I whispered back. "Or George."

"What do you mean Y/n/n?" George asked from the other side of me.

"You and Fred tried to enter. You could've been dead if the goblet chose either of you." I sniffled, now grasping onto George's hand.

"But we're here. We're okay, we're not leaving that quickly." Fred said proudly but quietly which caused me to giggle slightly at my boyfriends actions.

We walked back to the common room in silence, the only sound filling our ears was the hurried footsteps of other students scurrying back to the common room to pack the rest of our things before leaving tomorrow.

"Please stay with us this summer Y/n." Fred groaned to me.

"Please Y/n, we'll miss you." George added after his twin.

"I can't" I said flatly, not looking at either of the twins.

"Why not?" Fred asked, sounding disappointed in my answer.

"Because of what I am. I'd be putting you and your family at risk." I replied. "Now come on. I need to finish packing."

We picked up our pace to get back to Gryffindor tower where there was a crowd of people slowly filing into the portrait hole and into the common room.

I took one step in and was immediately sent a bunch of disgusted and cruel stares of other people that occupied the common room. I shifted uncomfortably whilst I waited for the twins to catch up with me. A second later I heard multiple howls coming from different corners of the common room.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Fred sneered to the group that was starting to surround me

"I'm sure you have plenty of other things to do." George added.

"Like packing for example!" Fred yelled before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the common room and up towards my dorm which was a growing mess.

I closed the door to my room after the twins and I walked through. Tears fell from my eyes as I slid down the closed door, burying my head in my knees and loud sobs filled the air.

"Why does everyone hate me? It's not like I've done anything to them." I yelled, which made a muffled sound as I pulled the hair on my head.

I felt two people slide down the door, sitting either side of me. I was pulled into someone's chest where we sat in silence, the sound of my sobs filling the room.

"We don't hate you." Fred's voice whispered to me.

"You don't need to listen to them." George's voice added after.

"You're beautiful and perfect and everyone in the common room clearly is too blind to see it." Fred said.

My head raised from my knees to see both twins sitting to each side of me, small and sympathetic smiled etched onto their lips. They both looked worried, Fred more than George.

"Then why am I a monster." I whispered, not making eye contact with either twin, staring at the opposite wall of my dormitory.

"You're anything but a monster Y/n." Fred replied, drying a stray tear from my cheek.

"How about we get your mind off it." George offered.

"And how will we do that?" I asked the younger twin looking at the wall with confusion.

"We play music and pack!" George said.

"That's a brilliant idea!" Fred said, jumping off the floor, offering me both his hands.

I took them and he pulled me off the floor, I saw George rummaging though my drawer to find my music player and records. I giggled when we was looking at the opposite end of my dorm. I grabbed the box and my record book before choosing a song to play.

The music started to play and us three began dancing around the room to grab my belongings to the beat of the music. Using our wands as microphones. I have to admit, neither of us were any good at singing, but it was funny to hear Fred and George try to hit the high notes.

That's how it was for the next hour, singing, dancing and packing. Using some of my clothes as costumes as though we were performing live in-front of an audience of thousands of people. Fred even found a feather boa, which I didn't know I had, which he placed around his neck, pairing it with a summer hat which I owned.

"Fred you look ridiculous!" I giggled, seeing the state Fred was in.

"That's a shame. I thought I looked pretty good!" Fred said cockily before taking of the hat and boa, placing them both into my trunk.

"To be fair, I could see Fred wearing that at a show!" George laughed.

"So could I!" I squealed.

"Look, when I'm a famous singer one day, I won't forget this, how my twin brother and my girlfriend hated my lilac feather boa and my hat." Fred said, standing tall and proud with a look as though we was trying to hide a laugh.

But I couldn't resist it, I burst into a fit of laughter which was shortly followed by George then Fred. The three of us were basically on the floor laughing at the idea that Fred would be a famous singer with a boa and a summer hat.

We continued to pack for a while before Fred pulled something out of my wardrobe. It was a large red and gold jumper with the name WEASLEY embroidered onto the back of it. The sight of the jumper made my cheeks turn a bright shade of red.

"What's this?" Fred asked with a mischievous glint in his eye but a warm smile on his face.

"You have eyes. I'm sure you know what it is." I joked, looking between the jumper and my boyfriend

"I have eyes, how did this get here?" Fred asked again, taking a step closer to me.

"Again, obvious." I smiled cockily before finally giving up. "I've had it for a few months. You can have it back if you want."

"No, you keep it. I'm sure it looks better on you anyway." Fred smiled as he folded the jumper and placed it into my trunk.

"Good, that is going to be my outfit when I'm a famous singer too." I laughed.

But the twins blew up in laughter again, clearly the music was getting a little to much for us three, but when did that stop the infamous Weasley twins and Y/n Lupin!

The rest of the evening was no different. At the end of any other school year, it would take me a little under two hours to fully pack my room up for the summer, but it took nearly five, stopping for laughing breaks because one of the twins said something stupid.

We clicked the latch of my trunk shut, only leaving out some travelling clothes for tomorrow, which consisted of a long sleeve but thin top and leggings. I even took the brave move to pack my makeup, leaving my reddened scars on complete show tomorrow.

But I tried to push that out to my mind as the twins tucked me into bed with a kiss on the forehead from Fred.

"Goodnight my love." Fred said to me as he stood in the doorway of my dorm room.

"Goodnight Freddie, I love you." I yawned.

"I love you too Y/n." Fred said before closing my door.

I snuggled myself under my duvet, so only my head was on show. The warmth took over and I felt my eyelid turn heavy, falling closed under the weight before finally letting sleep take over.

The next morning came quickly, the sound of the school alarm ringing in my ears. I groaned as I climbed out of my bed and over to the bathroom to clean my teeth and comb my birds nest of hair.

I pulled on my leggings and top, making sure that all my scars were covered. Well for the most part, I stared at my red scars in the mirror on my wardrobe. Fear had immediately ran through my veins, with the large temptation to rummage though my trunk for my makeup to cover them.

"No, you can do this Y/n." I said to myself in the mirror.

I jumped up and down on the spot slightly before sliding my shoes on and doing one last check of my bedroom, which was all clear. I left my dorm to take a quick trip to the twins dorm.

"Good morn-!" I started but stopped when I saw the mess that their room was in.

Each twin was half dressed, bottom half covered thankfully, running through their dorm to throw their belongings into their trunks. George's toothbrush was hanging out of his mouth and Fred's comb was stuck in his hair.

"Honestly you two." I sighed, and with a swish of my wand, all of the twins belongings flew around their dorm room, neatly folding into their trunks, George's toothbrush flew out of his mouth and towards the closest sink to clean itself before perching into George's trunk. And Fred's comb flattened his hair before landing in his trunk with a click coming from Fred and George's trunks.

"See you two didn't pack last night." I huffed playfully at the twins who are staring at me in complete awe.

"You need to teach us that spell Y/n! That was genius!" Fred said to me, pulling his shirt on.

"Maybe one day. But come on. The Hogwarts express won't wait for us!" I smiled before leaving their dorm to return to my own to grab my trunk.

The twins and I rushed though the castle, dragging our trunks behind us to get down to the black lake to get a carriage down to Hogsmeade station. The platform was slowly filling with people but the twins and I managed to get our usual compartment. Fred placed my trunk onto the rack and took a seat next to me, with George sitting opposite.

"I can't believe we only have one year left here." I sighed as I looked out of the window at the castle that I have been calling my second home for the last six years.

"Which means we need to make the last year worth it!" Fred smiled, holding my hand in his.

"What will we do then?" I asked the two boys who already had a mischievous look in their eyes.

"Well here is always Filch, and Snape." Fred started with a wicked smile.

"Oh and don't forget our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Seeing as Mad-Eye wasn't actually Mad-Eye." George added.

"Oh I already have so many ideas!" Fred said happily

But the train jerked forward and the image of the castle slowly turned into a dark outline before fading behind the trees.

That was it. Sixth year is over.

The twins and I sat and talked for a while, planning pranks and figuring out how to get away from it before getting caught. But about half way though the train ride, I felt my eyes turn heavy. I felt my head resting on Fred's shoulder before I moved it back up again.

"Are we that boring Y/n?" George said jokingly.

"No no, it's not like that." I yawned.

"It's okay love. You can go to sleep." Fred said, motioning my head into his shoulder.

As much as I tried to fight it, I couldn't resist the temptation any longer. I felt my heavy eyes close and before I knew it I was fast asleep on Fred's shoulder.

Fred's POV:
I watched as her beautiful eyes closed, I liked it when Y/n falls asleep on me. It shows everyone that she's mine. It also brings me some comfort that she trusts me to sleep on.

"She looks so peaceful. Bless her." George whispered as he motioned to my sleeping girlfriend.

"I know she does. I'll have to wake her up before we get to kings cross." I said to my brother. I hate waking up Y/n, not that she's in a bad mood when she wakes up. It's that I don't like disrupting the sleep that I know she needs.

"Do you think she knows?" George asked me in a lower voice, in case that Y/n was still awake.

"I don't think so, I mean. She hasn't mentioned that somethings off." I replied in a quiet whisper.

"That's good, when shall we tell her?" George asked again, speaking slightly louder this time.

"When it's ready, or when she finds out." I gulped nervously, hoping that she wouldn't find out. George had thankfully changed the subject.

"You're so in love with her." George smiled as he sat back into his chair.

"What could give you that idea." I said sarcastically but with a large smile on my face.

"I see the way you look at her." George smiled slightly wider at the sight of Y/n peacefully sleeping on my shoulder.

"I'm completely in utter love with her. She's the one for me." I smiled, looking down at the woman I hope to marry one day.

"I can tell." George said happily.

About a hour has passed since Y/n fell asleep, but she still hasn't woken up. However, we were approaching Kings Cross station which meant that I would have to wake her up now, which I don't want to do.

"I need to wake her up now." I said to my twin brother who was scribbling down prank ideas that we had some up with.

"Can I do it!?" George asked as he perked up slightly at the idea of walking Y/n up.

Although I pondered for a minute at the possibility of my twin brother waking up Y/n, thinking of what ever he could to not do it gently.

"No, absolutely not." I replied to George who had a disappointed look in his eye.

"But why not!" George groaned, slipping down in his seat slightly.

"Because only Merlin knows how you'll wake up my girlfriend!" I quipped at my everso sightly younger brother.

"Fine. Have it your way then." George huffed, followed by a pout, staring directly into my eyes, trying to give my a puppy eyes, which didn't work.

"Y/n, lovey it's time to wake up." I said softly, shaking Y/n awake slightly. I heard a small groan which eventually grew louder and I felt the movement of a head off my shoulder.

"Are we at Kings Cross yet?" She mumbled, still refusing to open her eyes.

"Nearly. We are about 5 minutes away, but I thought you should have some time to wake up sightly before getting to the station." I say to her half awake body.

"Okay, thank you Freddie." Y/n groaned, stretching her arms into the air.

A minute later, I saw her open her beautiful y/e/c eyes, having to squint slightly at the bright evening sun. But she clearly saw the saddened look on my face.

"What wrong Freddie?" She asked me with a worried look.

"We're going to miss you. Why can't you come to the Burrow?" I asked pleadingly to the girl I loved so much.

"Because like I said yesterday, I'd put you all in danger when I transform." She answered, with a spoon as sad as mine and George's.

"But we can sort something out." George added hopefully.

"George I'm sorry but I'm not taking the risk. I come after my last transformation of the summer." She said, as though that her word was final.

Y/n's POV:
Immediately after the words left my mouth the train jolted to a holt. Fred pulled my trunk out from the shelf, followed by his and George got his own. The three of us walked towards the exit. I immediately saw my parents looking directly at me.

I sprinted straight to my parents, bringing the closer one into a hug. I was immediately met by my dads large hands, holding me tightly. Remus always gave one of the best hugs.

"Hello pup, how are you?" Remus asked me as I left the embrace.

"I could be better." I smiled weakly before turning to my mum, Nymphadora Tonks. She immediately wrapped her arms around me, hugging me tightly.

"Oh Y/n dear. Me and you dad have missed you so much!" She said, squeezing me slightly.

"Can I quickly say goodbye to my friends?" I asked. Dad nodded and I ran over to the twins.

I wrapped George in a hug which he quickly reciprocated. "Thank you for everything Georgie, have a good summer. And don't miss me too much" I smiled.

"You're welcome, I'll always miss you." He smiled before I turned or Fred. He wrapped his long arms around me, refusing to let go.

"Write to us. Okay?" Fred asked.

"Of course I will. I'll come to the Burrow as soon as it's safe." I said to him.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

Fred smiled before he swooped down to give a kiss on my lips, the last one for a while. The three of us hugged for the last time for the summer.

I waved as I watched my boyfriend and best friend walk away from the platform with their family. I turned and went back to mine where Teddy already was waiting.

"Are we ready to go home?" Teddy asked when I returned.

"We're staying somewhere else this summer." Dad said. Me and Teddy having confused looks on our faces.

"Where then?" I asked.

"Number 12 Grimmauld Place."

Word count- 3000
A/n: Happy Sunday! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm so sorry for not publishing last week. I had so much school work that I had no time to write. So I'm sorry if this chapter was boring because I feel like it is as I haven't had much time to write it this week, next week will be better. Have a great day :)

From
~Ella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

699K 14.4K 74
Fred Weasley and Y/n L/n are best friends since they met at King Cross station in their first year. Soon they caught feelings for each other. Who wil...
109K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 104,106 It's always...
129K 3.3K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
48.7K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...