Return of the ancients (boyxb...

By krissy1306

A young man caught between finding out who is he and the fear of another wolf pack. Only to find out that som... More

Return of the ancients
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
Chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
final chapter 38

Chapter ten

8.2K 307 19
By krissy1306

  Chapter 10

Collecting the driver JD, the Alpha had sent him to the pack house under a watchful eye. He had confessed that he was searching for his mate, they were to meet here soon. The Alpha of this pack had captured him three towns over. Made him drive these idiots around. He was in search of the Alpha of this territory, but Alpha Savage had taken a hold of him.

Max was given a call to bring Langdon back home. What route to take and who will be waiting when they cross the broader. He was to stop nowhere until they were at the pack house.

"I don't want to go back, not when Savage is there."

"Zero, Josh and Aaron will be waiting on us. Alpha said Zero will get into the car once we cross."

"Come on Langdon, May and June are still there." Jen had to try that approach. "They need you."

Hesitantly he let Max and Jen put him back into the car. Jen handed him a blanket, the guy looked like he was going to pass out. Shortly after getting down the road, Langdon did that very thing. Jen kept taking glances back at the wolf in the back seat. Somehow he looked smaller today than before. Maybe it was the situation.

An hour and fifty-four minutes later Max slowed the car down and stop yards from Zero. He popped open the back door, gently slid under his mates head. Once Aaron and Josh were in the other cars, he told Max to go. Josh led the way home while Aaron followed behind them.

"How's his headache?"

"Comes and goes," Jen lightly replied. "His nose bled a bit, not much. What does that mean?"

"Langdon pushed himself. He can't open the channels too long or he'll get severe migraine and nose bleeds."

"Man, he didn't want to come back because of this other Alpha." Max looked hurt upon the statement. "I know I'm not as strong but I would do my best."

"I know you would. That's why I entrusted you with my mate. Langdon trust you. This is why when I tell him to run, you and Jen are to take him and run. Don't tell no one where you're going. Call back in a day, ask me or the guys if I know directions to Langdon's favorite place."

"Botanical gardens," Max answered.

They were on the same page. Zero was grateful for that. The way he looked at it was Max and Jen brought him his mate. If Max wasn't like he is, Langdon wouldn't have trusted him. Max was the type of guy who would rather kill himself before he turned his back on a friend or betrayed the pack. This made Max a good loyal friend to his mate.

The pack house was full of people worrying about the New York pack in the territory. Langdon kept his hand locked in Zero's as he hummed to keep from freaking out. The Alpha pointed for them to sit behind him and his Beta's.

During the meeting the Alpha tried to ensure his pack that they had the situation under control. As of right now, if the New York pack stayed between the lines that was drawn out for them. They were granted permission to be here. He had to see what their intensions were. For now May, June and Langdon will be staying under his roof. They know of them belonging to this pack.

"Alpha, why do they want them?"

Dropping his shoulders for a mere moment, he turned to his boys. Placed a hand on Langdon's shoulder. "As we know our girls were abused in ways that one should never witness or be expose to. Langdon and his mother lived in New York for a short time. Where he had helped May and June escape."

A struggling breath came for a moment, he was feeling Langdon's struggles. Zero stroked his mate's back. Whispering that everything was fine. This needs to be told. The pack as a right to know that he saved their little trouble makers. This received a small laugh from Langdon, allowing the air to lighten up.

"Langdon was able to place the pack asleep including the Alpha." Eyes widened at this knowledge, "He was young and scared, now he's a part of our pack. Our pack watches each other’s backs. Unlike New York, we cherish each and every one of you.

"I have heard of this Alpha. A brute, cruel, vile. He kills anything that he feels that doesn't need to belong. You are to stay away from his man or his wolves."

A teen raised his hand, Nathanial nodded for him to go on. "He can put you to sleep?"

"When I told you about empathy wolves had any of it sunk in boy?" Nathanial chuckled.

The boy's friend smacked him on the back of the head, "He put the whole cafeteria asleep, don’t you remember?"

With this all three pack leaders looked back at Langdon, who hid his face for a moment.

"Excuse me?"

"In my defense I just needed a moment. Shelby had literally told the whole school.

Besides, that's how we found out about Derek."

"That bad, huh?" Daren asked.

"Dad, you should have heard some of the things. Wow, humans can surely blow."

Cherry hid herself in Josh's arm. She almost had forgotten that she was human for a short time. Her mate whispered that Aaron and the pack doesn't look at her as human. She's a wolf.

"Of course not everyone, some actually thought it was funny I broke up with Shelby for a guy." Zero laughed only to find Langdon lightly smacking him.

"She's hurt, you broke her heart." he whispered.

Zero hid his smile nicely. Until Langdon turned his head to the doorway. A sensitive mate he has. Which he wouldn't have it any other way. Langdon was the mate that he can watch the game with, wrestle around with, then mate with whenever he wants. What more could a guy ask for? He couldn't. Langdon had become his heart. His mate was the air he breathed. There wasn't anything in this world he would do for Langdon.

Melinda had brought a group of younger children in once the meeting was done. There was a little boy who had lost his parents a month ago. They were waiting on the pack to come and get him, however they were starting to wonder if the pack wanted him. A month had passed without one member to come and get him. Langdon found his way over to the little guy. Without a word, he began to play with the Lego’s on the floor. Shortly the little boy started to play with him.

Alpha Blackwood pointed out that this was the first time the little guy had ever interacted with anyone of the pack. It was probably the way Langdon felt to the smaller children. Seeing that they were making their way over to the older wolf. Zero chuckled, he was wondering if he would have to rescue his mate from the children. However Melinda was taking the opportunity to kick back and relax. She was the den mom for the orphans. Even though there was only five of them, they were a handful and a half. Luckily two had homes to go to shortly. Alpha Blackwood does his best when it comes to finding homes for the orphans, sometimes it just takes longer.

By time it was time to go home, Langdon and his new little friend had colored three pictures, played hide and seek, jump roped, chased the little girls with a frog and ate a plate of cookies with a glass of milk. He had to hand over a sleeping little one to Melinda who laughed. Looking behind him, he had placed all the little ones asleep. With the help of Zero, Josh, Cherry, Aaron and Courtney they carried the little ones to bed. Langdon carried the blankets from the floor.

Outside Zero called over Dom and Silver. At the cabin they really didn't get the chance to meet his mate. Langdon shook each of their hands. The smaller wolf, Dom was really excited to meet him. Probably because they weren't the only male mated couple anymore. Whatever the reason was, Langdon didn't care. He liked Dom. There was only one word to describe Dom was sweet.

A new day was creeping upon them, scaring a wolf into rocking and humming. May could remember more of the past than her mate. Very thankful for that. June didn't need to remember a moment of that time. Especially the torture they went through. June's beast wouldn't be able to handle the massive amounts of emotions and fear again. Fear crept through May, if June remember; would she lose her mate?

A pair of strong arms wrapped around her. She jumped and squeaked in fear. Zero stood in worry. He gently tucked her to his chest. Rocked her against him for a moment before speaking.

"I won't let them have you or June. Stop with whatever is going on inside your mind. You have Langdon keeping watch over you as well."

This did put her at ease more. Having a guy like Zero around helped out a lot. Having Langy was even better. He protected them once before, he would do it again.

"I'm jealous," a voice came from behind them.

With giggles she chirped, "Langy!"

"Are you trying to steal my guy?"

Playing along with the joke. She tucked her body closer to Zero, who gave a nervous laugh. May doesn't realize a joke like this can cause a fight. He was mated with Langdon. His mate can strike out. Even he could strike out. His beast already wasn't enjoying the joke.

Langdon slipped his arms around him, calming his beast and him. Then again his mate was different than the other wolves. His mind was able to control the urges better. Including his beast, he too knew that May meant no harm. For extra measure Langdon kissed his back.

"What would June think?"

May quickly backed away from Zero, "You can have him, June's prettier."

Both guys laughed.

"May, so are you. I know June shows her love differently. You need to hear it. May you're beautiful, strong, and smart and one of the greatest women I know."

Her hands went to her chest, tears sparkled her face. She was in awe of Langy's words.

"You think so?"

"I know so. June is very lucky to have someone like you." He kissed her forehead. A small thank you came from her.

After a conversation on the phone with his mother about what has happened. Another phone call interrupted dinner time. Strange thought, his phone wasn't really ringing. The screen was still black.

"Hmm, hello?"

"Langdon, I was wondering when you would pick up."

"Hmm, who is this?"

"Liz of course!"

"Oh, Liz the witch?"

"I am a witch not so sure about "the" witch. Now be a good lad and put the Alpha on the phone."

He looked over towards the Alpha, passing the phone. "Liz?"

Nathanial took a hold of it, his face was unreadable. "Hello this is Alpha Blackwood."

"Hello Nathanial, I'm sorry to interrupt dinner time. I have called with important news in regards of June's pack. You see June and Langdon are from the same pack. Where June's parents unfortunately was lower ranked. Langdon's father was Beta.

"Langdon does not know of the New York pack attacking three other packs at the time of his birth. Langdon's father sacrifice himself to allow his mother and his son to get away. Unfortunately a sweet young witch died shortly after child birth. His mother fled to Florida like she was told to do. The pack nurse left him on Bailey's doorstep for protection. He was not abandoned. Just at the time, an empathy wolf would be safer outside the pack.

"There are siblings out there. Two siblings, both are in search of answers with time they will find those who they seek. A little advise, allow this. They have searched so long. Many children from this pack are searching for lost siblings. Some don't even know they've found each other. Or know more sibling exist. Langdon has two brothers searching for him, he isn't the only one.

"The reason I am telling you this is War is coming Alpha. A war so grand it will change the werewolf community. Make many allies, my dear Alpha. Open your door to traveling wolves but be cautious."

There was a pause in the old witch. "Days are shorter with age. I am old Alpha. My time is coming. I will not be able to help anymore. Promise me you shall watch over Langdon like you would Zero. He has been a greater blessing than one could hope for."

"I promise," Alpha nodded his head in agreement. Witches treasured this creature as well.

"In three days a small group of wolves will pass through. They are carrying a message for a pack. These creatures are scared for New York is trying to stop the message. Help them and you shall find yourself with much needed answers.

"I must bid you good night. My bones ache. I thank you for opening your door to Bailey. Poor child is deathly afraid of the night. What I am about to tell you, must never slip through your lips. You must be prepared to handle an enraged empathy wolf. By time this war is over, young Langdon shall need your strength. His mother shall make the ultimate sacrifice for him. This cannot be stopped. You shall kill many wolves, if this act is stopped. Your gut will speak of this time.

"I wish you all the luck in the world. If the outcome stays on course the werewolf community shall change forever. With that you must remember a course changes the werewolf community shall fall greatly.

"Please be nice to Tatom. He might be different yet I have trained him very well."

Liz began to cough, the Alpha allowed a bit of sorrow. This witch was calling him to help him. He could at least show some gratitude for her.

"Good night my dear noble Alpha Blackwood. My blessings are with you."

"With that the phone went dead. Nathanial sat there for a moment. In order of a witch calling was out of the ordinary. A witch's warning was to be taken with extreme caution. A witch shall only speak of truth. For war to come, Liz must have seen a grand war to give warning.

"Nathanial?" Vera was nervous.

"I need to make a few phone calls. Finish your dinner." He sat the phone on the table as he left the room. All eyes watched him leave with curiosity hanging over a worried expression.

Within a short time he came back in, "Vera I shall be busy tonight, no interruptions. Girls, you are to remain under this roof. Zero you are to keep Langdon inside, call your Beta's. Tell them the same."

"What is going on?" Vera tried to ask without sounding demanding.

"I will tell you just not at this time. Liz however has called with information about June and Langdon. Apparently you two are originally from the same pack."

Langdon's eyes widened a bit, talking about odds. "Wow."

"Apparently you are the Beta's son. Who unfortunately passed away. He sacrificed his life so your mother and I guess you have a brother to slip away. She ran with a pack nurse. Unfortunately she passed shortly after childbirth. The pack nurse left you on Bailey's doorstep for protection. At the time three packs were being attacked. By placing you with Bailey, you were safe.

"I'm gathering that the pack still stands for June's family had spoken to the Alpha about May joining, correct?"

Langdon nodded, "Who's June's?"

"I don't know, what Liz said they were lower ranked."

The doorbell sounded overhead. Nathanial stood up. "Vera drinks. I'll be working through the night. I want no interruptions." He left to answer the door.

Curiously, Amber peeked through the gap on the shelf. Her eyes widened at the sight she was witnessing. Moving back she waited to speak until the den door was closed.

"Daddy called the War wolves."

Vera sat like she was in a slumber for a short time. Her eyes were heavy in worry.

"Mom, you know that means nothing. Dad could be sending them out to gather information."

"A witch called an Alpha, Zero."

That silenced the table until Langdon asked if that was not normal. "A witch will only talk to an Alpha if the news is worth the attention, most cases war."

"But she gave him information about June and I."

"This is true, with New York on the territory Nathanial probably is taking extra measures."

"Vera send in Zero and his mate."

Langdon jumped at the sound of Daren's voice. Zero tucked his arm around him. "Come on dad doesn't like to wait. Calm down."

They walked down the hall towards the den, a hum came from Langdon to keep himself calm. Daren nodded as they stepped into view. Five of the roughest looking wolves sat in the den. Their cold dead stares caused a chill to run down Langdon's back. A spike of fear came before he could keep it in check. Zero hugged him to his body, telling him to calm down.

"This is Langdon, my son's mate. As you witness he's an empathy."

"Pleasure to meet you," the wolf in the corner growled.

Swallowing he squeezed closer to his mate for protection. Zero thankfully tightened up his arm on his back. Nathanial nodded to his son, Zero was learning to quickly keep his mate in control. Once again thankful for this. Five war wolves could pose a challenge if everyone in the room was scared and trying to protection him.

            "Okay, in time Langdon you will learn to trust these men with your life. For now do not worry about anything."

            His eyes went to the Alpha. Confusion written on his features.

            "Each of these men have shared their souls with me. Unfortunately Vera's war wolves passed in a raid we had. She was pregnant with Zero at the time. These men are training their sons to follow Zero and you. It is an honor for the War wolves to fight for a pack. One can say it is their purpose in life. Their soul is different than ours. They are boarder line rogue. By them sharing their souls with an Alpha, it keeps them from going rogue. They are giving the job of protecting the Alphas."

            "I've never seen them before." Langdon whispered.

            "Then we've done our job," the biggest wolf out of the five spoke. His voice was deep and husky. Made Langdon take notice of him.

            "Langdon," the Alpha spoke softly. "I've called you in here because they need to know your essence. Liz spoke of a war." Zero tightened at these words, "My War wolves shall protect you as they would Zero. Each need to know you."

            "What-what would they do?"

            To keep his mate calm, Zero hid him in his chest and wrapped his arms around him. Held out his hand for a moment. Langdon was shaking in fear. "Listen to me, you are safe. I won't let anything happen to you." Stroking his back, "The War wolves need to bite you. They will take in the essence of your life, including New York. When a War wolves is in wolf form they only know one thing, survival. This is why the pack is placed behind the War wolves."

"Will it be like yours?" Langdon kept his eyes closed. This scared him.

"No, my mark is permanent. Their bite will fade. Only when a War wolf gives his soul it leaves a mark."

"Ok-ay" Langdon squeezed Zero.

"Don't shock the wolves," his mate teased.

All five War wolves stepped around Langdon. His humming got louder. The Alpha stepped forward telling him that he was not in any danger. Zero began to growl, fighting to his beast who sensed his mate was scared.

All of a sudden the humming stopped, the room quickly felt at ease. Langdon's eyes opened to the crystallized green. Zero relaxed, stroked his mate's back.

"I have my human, do what you must."

The War wolves studied him, Zero spoke up. "Langdon's beast is protecting him. He is afraid of you. His beast is allowing you to help his human." Pointing, "A short time and he'll grow restless."

Five War wolves bit down onto Langdon's body. With a mouth full of blood they swallowed then licked his wounds clean. Once the essence of the wolf spread through their bodies, each nodded to the Alpha.

"How is that boy still alive?" one of them asked.

"I took over, he was young."

"He was young?" Zero was confused. He was still getting to know the knowledge about his mate. Usually a beast and man grew up together.

"Empathy wolves are ancient, none know how they inhabit a body. Their beast is born with them as ours are. However his beast is an old soul where Langdon is young."

"Cool, I was a little confused on that part." Zero held out his hand.

Langdon went straight into his arms. His beast released the connection. Looking up at his mate, Langdon realized what happened.

'Oh thanks,' he whispered to his beast.

'Welcome my human.'

Finishing the meeting, the Alpha will be escorting a small group of wolves home. While he was gone, Gregory and Daren will be keeping the boundary line under surveillance. All dominates were to triple check everything. Three of the War wolves will be stationed around. No little ones are to go out alone. For they will be in wolf form. A crew few was in effect. Anyone who was working had to be escorted home by Gregory, Daren or Zero and his Beta's. If Langdon was comfortable, he could help in escorting the pack home. All he could say was he'll try his best. What scared him the most was the word 'war'. What did that mean?

Looking at his mate, Langdon held on. He had someone beside his mother who wanted him and loved him. There couldn't be a war now. This wasn't how life was supposed to work out. Secretly he called for help, for anyone who was willing to listen. He needed help. A vibe exited his body that went un-felt by anyone but him.

Miles away a young beautiful man woke up. Gathering himself, he went to the window. His beast was shining brightly through his eyes. A small growl came from his chest, 'I will come!'

At the same time, three rough looking male wolves had their beast pushing through. Growls sounded deeply, 'I will come!' Each felt the time was near to gather the ancients.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 9.3K 16
(BoyXBoy) Wyatt, has to go on a camping trip with his best friend Rory. He doesn't want to go, but for the sake of Rory's manhood he has resigned hi...
39 1 13
An ancient war between heaven and hell... but what if heaven eventually lost? An angel who met his downfall and a human, who carries a dark secret de...
9.1K 622 38
What happens when vampires and werewolves,( natural born enemies.) Decide to live together as equals on the same lands. What will happen when a werew...
92 5 11
Two Boys Find Peace In Each Other When They Find Out They're Soulmates Ones A Bad Boy With An Attitude And The Other A Softy Who Desperately Needs So...