chapter seven

Chapter 7

With the problems occurring and a pack of wolves testing the Alpha. Life had skipped a week without a blink of the eye. Besides having pack problems, a son was hiding something from him. Nathanial promised never to order his children to reveal secrets about their personal lives. However Zero was not just some child, he was the future of this pack, the next Alpha. The night before Zero snuck out of the house. Alpha Blackwood called his best tracker to tail his son. Daren had reported that Zero was going to Langdon's, suspiciously through the window.

Earlier tonight Nathanial listened to the pack of teens greet and welcome Cherry into the pack and their lives. His eye stayed on his son Zero was looking grim. His son was staying on the phone. Whoever was on the other end was more important than hanging out with pack members.

Just like every morning, Zero walked out of his bedroom looking refreshed. Vera asked him how Langdon was doing. Did she know something he does not? Zero replied that he just had checked on him and he was doing fine. He was still nervous about the wolves around. All he will say is that they mean as much harm as they can.

"Dad?"

Nathanial stood with his arms crossed, "You've been keeping him company?"

"Yeap, just like I promised. I won't let anyone harm him. Whatever it takes I’m going to keep that promise."

Nathanial slowly nodded. Hell maybe he needed to trust his son more. Actually, there was no reason not to trust him.

"When's he coming back over?" Amber skipped into the kitchen, "I'm mad at him for not shaving your head."

"What?" Zero looked over at her.

"Nothing!" Amber quickly bolted to the Alpha. Stood up on her toes and kissed his cheek. "I love you daddy!" Nathanial laughed at his children's actions. He had to agree with his daughter, he had one cool family.

Vera was looking on the grim side herself. Clearing his throat, she looked over at her. "You boys will be late." A smile reached her lips but not her eyes. Dropping it for now, he will pick this up later after the pack meeting. Full moon is coming. Have to get everyone out to the cabins, six days and counting.

DAY ONE:

May and June was causing some curious looks. They had baked a large tin of cookies. If anyone got close to the tin, the person was scolded. Then told they could not have any of the cookies. This included the Alpha and Betas. Testing the waters the Alpha sent in Zero.

"What are my girls doing?"

"Hi Zero!" May yelled, June hugged him.

So far normal, "We're baking cookies!" June shot a bright smile.

"Awe cookies, I love your guys cookies."

Both girls frowned, eyed the rack of cooling cookies. June looked towards May who was gnawing on her lip. Each grabbed one cookie and handed it to Zero.

"No more, they're not for you."

Zero's jaw dropped, "Ouch, my girls turned against me. Who are you cheating on me with?"

Both sang, "Langy!"

"Langdon!" Zero laughed, "I'll kill him." Even though his beast knew, it was a joke. Zero cringed and his beast whimpered.

"No! You can't touch him, he's our friend." May had this look about her. Like something was on her mind.

"May baby, talk to me." Zero took a seat by the counter.

"Nothing really, June and I feel like we've met him before. Like he's helped us."

"We trust him. He would never hurt us." June was soft spoken.