chapter two

Next day at school, Langdon's beast kept humming to him, keeping him calm. If he grew tense, his beast would remind him that he too was there. No danger was present at this time. Lunch came along with two new friends apologizing for the day before. Their behavior was out of line. Langdon took the apology with a smile. He too apologizes for his fear. The only other pack of wolves he knew was not so kind. They pretty much stabbed him in the back. More like clawed. Max looked hurt that he would find a pack before them. Especially that he found a pack that would hurt one of their own members.  Discipline was one thing cruelty was another.

In class Zero sat back watching the door for Max and the guy to walk through. He had seen them at lunch; Jen said he was a nice guy. Funny, she did not mention a name. There they were, this time the guy didn't look towards him. His beast whimpered. ‘What the hell?’ Why would his beast be whimpering?

Once again, a peaceful sensation crept into the room. Max was shaking his head towards the guy. Who just shrugged it off as if he had no idea why Max was shaking his head. Just like before his beast began relaxing and enjoying the feeling. Zero was able to remain calm during class. 

The teacher was rambling on about some rules or something when she called on the guy. Asking Langdon if he knew the answers to the various questions, she was asking. Upon answering, she moved onto another question. Once he had answered all the questions, she snapped at him to pay better attention. Langdon asked the teacher to shut off the light that happens to be blinding him now. She looked back; a bright blue light was beaming directly straight at Langdon. Flipping a folder over the light, she moved the class along. Wow, not even an 'I'm sorry' for calling out a guy for no reason. A small irritation came over the class for a quick moment. Zero gave a chuckle in response to the quick mood change out of Langdon.

As last period rolled around Zero noticed that, Langdon was in class. Better than the other class, he was sitting in the seat directly beside him. When he sat down a fear lingered, Langdon began to hum. Zero's beast reacted to the sensation.

"Hey man," Zero stuck out his hand, "Zero."

Langdon's eyes widened for a moment, he did not make full eye contact.

"Langdon.”

A strange electric charge bolted up hand, through his arm. Pulling back, the guys face the front of the room. Something moved inside Langdon, his beast was fully awake and hyperactive. Zero's beast wanted out, not to harm, almost to play. He was excited.

As they walked out of class, someone bump Zero into Langdon. A surge sparked up between them once again as skin touched. Clamping down on his beast, Zero hurried away from him. Having no idea what was going on, the only thing he knew to do was flee and talk to his parents. Just like the Alpha said to do. Then again, he wanted to explore the sensation that ran between them. What did that mean?

            "Hey there handsome,"

            Zero knew the voice, his girlfriend-Shelby. When he felt her hands in case his waist, a disgusting vile acid grew in the pit of his stomach. His beast gave a growl in irritation. Just a touch from his girlfriend made his skin crawl her scent was nauseous.

            "Are you in there?"

            He looked over, forced a smile. "Yeah just thinking. What's up?"

            "I was wondering what we are doing this weekend?"

            ‘Why does she want to know about this weekend?’ Zero fought the urge to fling her off him. What was making him feel this way? For Jimmy-crickets, this was his girlfriend of a year. He might have not been completely in love with her yet he did care about her. Probably not like, he should, but truly, he meant no harm.