chapter four

"Hmm, excuse me." 

Josh turned around to see Cherry standing right there behind him. His heart skipped a few beats. His beast howled in excitement. 

"I was wondering if you guys were going to see Langdon. I-hmm-have part of the project we are doing together. Plus, I wanted to see how he was doing." 

Josh forgot how to speak, May and June giggled at him. 

"Actually we were," Jen spoke up, "Want to tag along?" 

"Do you guys mind?" 

"Not at all, ride with Josh. Zero can ride with us." Jen pushed Josh towards the door, mouthed 'open it for her'. Fumbling with the car door handle, Josh held out his hand once the door was finally open. Without hesitation, Cherry slid inside the vehicle. Looking back, he noticed no other wolf was waiting to get in.

Following Max's car, Josh kept taking glances over towards her. She would blush. Brushing her hair back behind her ear, he about hit the back of Max's car. Apologizing, Josh focused on the road better. He could see May and June laughing at him. 

Everyone quickly noticed that Langdon lived close to the pack house. His house was only a couple of blocks away from where they all meet. Max stepped out, "His mom left the door open, he said to come on up." 

Zero warned May and June to behave themselves. They nodded. Cherry asked quietly as possible, "You guys really care for them don't you?" 

"We do. May and June has had a rough past. They are different, so we make sure they have everything they need and want. We all enjoy taking care of May and June. Besides we get all the hugs we want." As he spoke, June was throwing her arms around his chest. "A June hug will bring a smile to your face every time." 

Cherry giggled as she watch June give Josh a hug, "That's so sweet."

Inside they ascended the stairs, to find Langdon flipping through channels on the television. His hair was a little messy. May and June jumped on the bed, surprising him. "Langy!" they yelled. At first, his eyes widened then softened into a smile.

"Hello May, hello June." Both girls threw their arms around him.

"Hey man," Max came in, "We've got homework."

Rolling his eyes, "That's just what I wanted. Homework." heavily noted on the sarcasm. May and June settled down beside him. Everyone found a seat around the bedroom.

"How are you doing?" Cherry asked, clearly concerned.

"Better, they're healing." There was a hidden message to the others in the room with him. Langdon cleared his throat, "Get into much trouble?" asking Zero.

"Nah, dad says I have a right to stand up for my friends. From what I hear Derek is still at school."

"Really?" using a disdain voice. "One would think he wasn't human."

Cherry giggled at the comment, "You're not the first to say that. My dad says there's something off about him."

"Yeah, like how?" Josh asked.

"Hmm, he heals quickly. Like very quickly. Derek’s hand was cut up from the tip of the finger to the wrist.  What seemed like two days later there was nothing."

"He's a werewolf." Langdon joked. Everyone to stare at him eyed wide.

"You think?" Cherry asked. There was something there. Langdon could sense it; the others could see it in her eyes.

"From what I've heard, not all werewolves are scary and out to harm you."

Cherry laughed at his comment, "I'll keep that in mind next time I meet one."