chapter eighteen

Chapter 18

Schools are pretty much the same wherever you went. Trophy case, school banners, colors, students gossiping in the halls. However the wolves were cautious. A witch around their future Alpha. Zero had told them the witch was there for Langdon. At tonight’s meeting he'll be introduced. Until then just move along, he really wasn't in the mood to talk.

Having a run in with the jocks this morning wasn't a part of the morning plan. Everyone on the pack knew to leave him alone. Why couldn't the jocks? The main jock wasn't there to ruin his morning which surprised him. Later on, Zero seen that Derek Thomas was sitting at one of the benches watching from afar. Yet he really wasn't seeing them. The guy looked worn out. There were a few pinkish red lashes on his arm and face. When the pack passed him, he paid no mind to them. A deep thought was on his mind. Even in class he was speaking. His new girlfriend had interrupted the lesson. Yelling at him for not paying attention to her. Derek shrugged and went back staring at the teacher.

The meeting was in an up roar. Until the Alpha growled. Parents did not want a witch around their children. Most of all living within the pack community. Witches were untrust worthy. Tatom crossed his arms and groaned. They didn't even know him, how in the heck could they judge him? Just because was only here for one person at the moment. No wolf or person was going to keep him from doing his job. Or finding his mate the very person he broke up with his boyfriend to get. If this was how this pack was going to be, he could pick up and just worry about Langdon. Once Langdon was at his full strength he could pledge a legacy to him. That would show this pack. When they were needing his hell, he could say 'No'.

Taking in a breath, he looked over at Langdon and shrugged. After his moment of anger, he truly didn't care. His main focus was Langdon. Zero's attention went to his mate during this time. Something caused a sadness within him. Probably the witch was being case out.

"Why does a witch need to be here?" A wolf asked.

Nathanial went to answer when Tatom kindly reminded him of the promise. Narrowing his eyes he thought for a moment. The comprehension of what Tatom truly meant slid into place. By them not growing up together has left Langdon variable. And he hasn't been able to reach his full potential.

"I've asked him to come. We've talked of him giving a legacy."

"What!" A mouthy mother shouted. "I shall not have my pups around a fifthly creature."

Daren and Gregory jumped beside the Alpha and snarled at the woman.

"We are in a time of war. My actions do not need to be justified to you or anyone else. A witch can hell my pack."

"Or is it for Zero and the Empathy."

His actions were so quick the humans almost missed the Alpha snatching her up, pushing her to a kneel on the floor. Claws like fingernails had formed. Hair began to sprout down his arm and face. Fangs had grown. A deep malice growl ripple from his puffed out chest.

"You're damn straight! Were are in a war," Nathanial tightened up his grip, the woman gasped. "This very afternoon I received a phone call from a ally pack. The Alpha murdered himself! Took his own life due to Savage killing most of his pack's pups. He placed their heads on the lawn!" With a jerk, she cried out. Bringing her closer to him. Refugees are seeking out packs for hell. I have a group coming here!

"If myself my Beta's fall. Zero, My Son! shall lead this pack. You shall follow our sons! Having a witch stand by them can and will make them stronger. Do you think I do not know how to lead my pack? That I can't keep my pack safe.

"No Alpha," the woman cried.

"You are to silence your tongue!"

Releasing the frightened disrespectful woman, he stood up. His beast shown in dangerously in his eyes. His rugged breathing was the only noise heard beside the woman's cries. Gently a hand settled on his shoulder, calming vibes penetrating his skin. Sensing that his son did not trust the situation, most likely he held an possessive arm his mate. Slowly the wolf disappeared from his eyes. The anger was leaving his body. Allowing Nathanial to deal with the pack.