Capturing a Moment (Rosé x Fe...

By LittleRed11204

Y/n is a freelance photographer based in New York City. For someone who is realistically their own boss, she... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three [M]
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six [M]
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three [M]
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue

Chapter Forty

3.1K 161 90
By LittleRed11204

Y/n's POV

My girl is finally in New York City for the promotions. I won't be able to be with her for three days though because of how busy they are going to be. But that doesn't mean that I won't see her anyway; just as a blink. I don't know how she did it yet again, but Somi and I got first row seats to Jimmy Fallon. She also wanted to get me into the fan meet they are going to have with the mini concert, but I declined as that would be a deserving blink's spot gone.

I was jamming out to my music while making myself breakfast. Apollo was casually laying down on my kitchen counter away from where I was working thank god. I flipped my omelet and saw that phone was calling me. I disconnected my phone from my bluetooth speaker and quickly put my phone on speaker so I could still cook.

"Hello blondie!" I greeted her as I heard a small giggle fall from her lips.

"Hello to you too. It's nice to be back in New York. I like how the weather is a lot better than previous times. Well the last time we were all here, it wasn't too bad, but it's even better than that."

"I'm glad you're happy to be back. I'm also very happy that you're back because I'm counting down the hours until you are free to come to me." I told her as I turned my stove off and plated my breakfast.

"Trust me, I'm also counting. Do you know how hard it's been knowing that I can't see you even though you're so close to me? I feel like I'm going insane." Rosie explained to me as I agreed with her. I knew exactly where she was coming from because it was also driving me crazy.

"I feel the pain, love. But I'll see you tonight on Jimmy Fallon, so that'll be something. Just make sure you don't have that big of a reaction when you see me in the crowd." I joked with her as I heard her scoff,

"I can very much keep myself in check, thank you very much."

"I know you can. And I wish Somi and I could go backstage with you girls, but we both have to do things immediately after." I said as I ate my breakfast at my kitchen table.

"Are you kidding me? I really wanted to hug and kiss you as soon as I could!" Rosie whined as I just playfully rolled my eyes at her.

"I have a sneaking suspicion that you wouldn't want us to get interrupted when we first get to be with each other again. So when you finally get off of work and promotions, you know where I live."

"That is very true, the staff would fucking ruin the whole thing. Anyway, I'm going to wake up Lisa and then we need to get going for an interview. I'll see you later at Jimmy Fallon! I love you!"

"I love you too and I can't wait to see you!" I hung up my phone and finished up my breakfast before grabbing my things and walking to work. I had a pep in my step as I made my way down the busy streets of the big apple.

I swung open the glass door to the building and greeted the receptionist as I walked by to the elevators. I patiently waited for an elevator and felt a presence next to me. I turned my head and saw Ilona with a big smile just staring straight ahead. I know she sees me looking at her, so I gave her a big hug as she laughed and hugged me back.

"What's gotten you in such a good mood this morning?" She asked as we pulled away from the hug and entered the elevator that had just arrived.

"Just my girlfriend." I simply told her as she gave me a smug look. I pressed the button to the studio and we went up the floors.

"She really knows how to brighten your mood, huh? The next time she's in New York, we all should go out and get drinks together so we can meet her." Ilona said as I just casually nodded my head,

"Yeah for sure. I don't know when she'll be back though because she's always tied up in work."

"That's understandable," she said as the doors opened to the studio, "but I think you're the one taking my pictures today, so make me look good!" I laughed at her as she headed over to pick up her first outfit.

"Okay, I think I can do that!"

I chuckled to myself as I walked over and saw a camera bag with a sticky note on it. I looked around confused, but I decided to pick it up and read it to myself.

Y/n,
here's a new camera for you since i know you've been wanting a new one with better quality. you've been a phenomenal addition to our team, so think of it as a thank you gift!

-Katie

I grinned widely and glanced over to Katie's office. I unzipped the bag and gasped as this was a very good and expensive camera. I zipped it back up and placed the sticky note back down on the camera bag and made my way over to her office. I knocked on her door and heard a muffled 'come in' on the other side of the door. I opened it up and her eyes were torn from her monitor and over to me.

"Ah, y/n! I'm guessing you saw my little gift for you."

"I did and thank you so much. I feel like it's too much because I know the price of that camera." Katie just waved me off and stood up from her desk chair as she walked over to me. She placed both her hands on my shoulders,

"It was nothing really. Since you've gotten here and done your magic with the photos you take and your editing skills, our profits have gone up 28% already. And that's for the whole of last year, so you've been the best thing to happen to this company. You deserve a little something from me as a thank you for helping my clothing line grow." Katie told me as I looked into her eyes as I nodded.

"Thank you, Katie. It means a lot to me. I'll make sure to keep doing what I'm doing and bring your line more attention." She gave me a firm nod with a smile,

"That's the spirit! Also, you've gotten a slight raise, but be quiet about that part." My eyes widened at that information, but I sealed my lips and walked out of her office with a smile on my face.

I sat down on a small chair and got the camera out of the bag once again. I fiddled with the settings until they were what I wanted and I got up to mount it on the tripod. As I was mounting it, someone started talking to me.

"Hey y/n, I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch with me today?" Aurora asked me from my right. I first finished with the tripod before standing up straight and looking over to her.

"I don't know, I was just going to eat lunch here because I'd like to get some editing done on some photos that I didn't get to last night." I told her with a sad smile, "maybe another time though."

"Yeah, not a problem." She replied with a small smile as she walked back towards the changing rooms. Ilona got out of the changing rooms at the same time Aurora was entering them. She saw my eyes on her as I glanced over to her. She was interested in why I was looking at Aurora, so she came up to me and asked me straight up.

"So why were you looking at Aurora, huh?"

"She asked me to go out to lunch with her and I declined." I said as she just squinted at me,

"Why the hell would she ask you to go out to lunc– on my god." Ilona whispered as something dawned on her, leaving me completely clueless. I waited for this bitch to say what she thought, but she just walked past me to the set, leaving me even more confused. I just pushed it aside and started to take pictures of her.

"Tilt your head a tiny bit to the right and then have more hooded eyes." I instructed her as she did just that. I took a few more pictures with my new camera on the tripod before taking it off and doing some up close shots.

I heard Marcus start to take pictures of Aurora from set 3, which is the one right next to ours. I tuned them out and didn't spare a glance over to them as I focused on Ilona.

As I was taking an up close picture of Ilona, her gaze went past me and a wide smile spread on her lips. I knew exactly who was behind me, so I snapped a few pictures of her lovestruck self and brought the camera away from my face as Peter was standing behind me with a bag from Panera.

"Your prince with Panera has arrived." He joked as I laughed at his words. I told Ilona she could have lunch with her boyfriend and she thanked me as the couple headed over to a secluded corner to enjoy each other's company.

I took my own lunch break and brought a small table over to where the monitor was so I could edit pictures on the big screen. I went over to the food table and grabbed a few things before returning to my seat and I got right back to work editing the last few photos.

They weren't too bad because the editing that needed to be done was minor. But I still made sure that they looked perfect and fit the theme that the other pictures had. I could feel eyes on me the whole time I was doing this, and I had a suspicion that those eyes were Aurora's eyes.

I ignored the feeling of being watched and finished up the photos with a proud smile on my face. I took out the SD card and went over to Katie's office and walked right in since her door was open. She was on the phone with her feet casually kicked up on her desk. She saw me and sent me a smile as I came closer to her. I held up the SD card and mouthed 'finished photos' to her. She gave me a thumbs up and mouthed a 'thank you' back to me. I left her alone and went back out to see Peter and Ilona being all lovey dovey.

"Peter, I need to steal your girl back because I still need photos of her." The two looked over at me and if planned, they both dramatically groaned at me. I rolled my eyes with a fond smile as I went back to my camera. I heard the two of them wrap up their conversation and soon Peter bid me a goodbye. I waved goodbye to him and Ilona went back to the changing rooms to get into a new outfit.

I just waited until Ilona came back out in a new look. She smiled over at me and we picked up right where we left off.

~~~~~

"Okay, you guys can wrap it up today!" Katie said as she emerged from her office. I looked at the digital clock on the wall and was pleased to see it was only 4pm, meaning I had about an hour before I'd have to leave to see Blackpink on Jimmy Fallon.

Ilona cheered and rushed to the changing room to get back into her shorts and light cardigan. I chuckled at her enthusiasm as I turned off all the studio lights and technology I used today. I zipped up my new camera bag and placed it next to my old one. It's crazy how I just randomly got a new camera today, but I'm so thankful for it. I made sure everything was secure and slung both camera bag straps over my shoulders.

Ilona left the changing rooms and took the elevator with Katie and Marcus as I double checked everything was off. When I knew it was, I walked over to the elevator and waited for one. It soon arrived and I got in, pressing the lobby as the doors closed.

"Wait!" Aurora shouted as I saw her rushing to the elevator. I quickly put my arm out to stop the doors from closing all the way and she slipped into the elevator with me.

"I didn't know you were still here." I said as the doors closed. She was a tiny bit out of breath from the running she just had to do,

"Well a zipper wasn't cooperating with me, so it took longer than expected to get my clothes off." She explained as I nodded my head and just waited for the elevator to hurry the fuck up.

But the sudden jerk of the elevator and flickering of the lights made me automatically grab onto the side railing to my left. Soon enough, the whole thing stopped and the lights were completely out. Aurora let out a small scream out of fear and it dawned on me that the elevator was now broken.

With Aurora and I alone in it.

I turned on my phone flashlight and shined it onto the buttons, pressing the one that would call the lobby. After a few seconds, the receptionist answered it calmly,

"Yes?"

"Hi, this is y/n and I'm stuck in elevator 2 with Aurora." I said, trying to not panic because I was not having a fun time. I heard to the right of me Aurora sit on the ground as her breathing became a little uneven.

"Oh my! I'll call the fire department and we'll get you two out of there as soon as possible! I'll keep you updated through the intercom." She frantically said as I thanked her before also sliding down the metal wall to sit on the floor. I pressed Somi's contact and called her, bringing my phone up to my ear.

"Hey dumbass!" She greeted me as I sighed,

"Hey, um I'm trapped in an elevator right now with Aurora, so I don't know if I'm going to be late or not

"YOU'RE WHAT? WITH WHO?" She screamed loudly as I cringed because I know Aurora can hear her,

"I'm stuck in an elevator with Aurora and the fire department will be on their way to us. We just don't know how long it'll take." I told her as she started cursing up a storm. I sighed and rubbed my forehead as I just listened to her because I had nothing else to do.

"Okay, um, text Rosie and tell her that you might not make it."

"But I don't want her to worry and stress about me before everything." I made sure not to say 'perform' because I feel like Aurora could put pieces together.

"Well then you better hope that the fire department gets there fast and gets you two out of there."

"I know. I'll keep you updated on everything as we just sit and wait. I'll hopefully see you soon." She then wished me good luck and hung up the phone.

"I'm guessing that was Somi cursing up a storm." Aurora said from beside me. I flinched a little because by the sound of her voice, she was close to me. I subtly scooted into the corner to create some space,

"That was her indeed. We have somewhere to be later and I just hope I can make it on time." I told her as she hummed in response.

"I was supposed to go on a dinner date, but he broke up with me."

MOTHERFUCKER, JESUS CHRIST ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME, GOD DAMN IT.

I now know exactly why Ilona probably had that moment earlier because she probably knew of this. Her and Aurora are somewhat close, so she would definitely tell her something like that.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." I said plainly as I hope I get the point across that I don't really give a fuck. I then sent Ilona a text about how I'm going to kill her and what position I'm in right now.

"It's fine, he just changed since I last was with him. But now I'm looking to find someone else." Aurora said with a tone I was not too fond of.

"You have fun with that hunt." I said with sarcasm evident in my voice. I leaned my head back on the metal wall and just hoped that the fire department would be here soon. As we sat in silence, I heard Aurora move around a bit, so I intently listened to figure out what she was doing. I gathered that she was trying to find her purse since she did drop it when she got scared.

A beep came from the intercom and I scrambled to answer it,

"What's the update?"

"The fire department will be here in 10 minutes. So hang tight." I let out a sigh of relief and thanked the woman before sitting back down in the corner. I outstretched my legs in front of me as I pulled my phone out to play Subway Surfers.

"So how are you and your girlfriend doing?" I should be happy I'll get to talk about Rosie, but I didn't like how her voice sounded kind of harsh at the mention of my girlfriend.

"We are doing really well. I'm really happy with her." I said as I got the 2x power up on the game.

"I heard it's a long distance thing."

"That it is, but we are handling it very well." I answered shortly, wanting to just end the conversation.

"Have you ever cheated?"

Alright, what the fuck.

I was now suddenly very aware of my surroundings, even though it was dark. I paused my game and moved my screen to my right and I sucked in a breath when I saw how close Aurora was to me. She was staring right at me and I quickly stood up and created distance between us. I also turned on my flashlight so I could easily see her now.

"What the fuck?" I yelled at her as I was very annoyed and pissed off at her.

"What? She doesn't have to know and you can't deny the chemistry we had. I just picked the wrong person and I'd like to change my answer." She said as she stared me down; like I was her prey and she was the hunter. I was not vibing at all and I shook my head rapidly,

"No! No this is not going to happen! I already moved on from you and I'm not going back. I'm extremely happy with my girlfriend!" I told her and that's when my eyes drifted up to the corner to see a small red dot flashing every so often.

A camera.

I completely forgot they recently installed these. I know that they put these in here because some random person tried to get up to the offices that were the floor above us. So these are not powered along with the elevator to the same source. No, these are wired differently so they always stay on.

The beep of the intercom interrupted us thank the lord and I quickly pressed the button, waiting for a voice.

"Hello, I'm the chief of the fire department, we'll get you two out of there in about half an hour since the elevator is stuck in between floors."

"Thank you sir." I thanked him as I quickly darted my eyes back to Aurora, who was still looking at me.

"Since when did you have this side to you?" I asked her as she just gave me a wicked smile.

"Since I realized I need to play dirty to get who I want."

My eyes widened in fear as she leaned in towards me, trying to kiss me. In order to dodge her attempt, I just dropped down and curled up into a ball like a pro. Ain't no way in hell she's gonna fuck up what I have with Rosie.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled at her as I felt her hands on my shoulders as she tried to pry my face up so she could kiss me. I shot my leg out and tripped her, making me hold back the biggest laugh. She cursed at me and tried to get me again, except this time I just laid face down on the floor.

Damn I love being a dumbass and doing things that people definitely wouldn't think of doing in this situation. But it keeps Aurora on her toes and extremely confused. One thing I didn't like though was her straddling my back.

Oh fuck no.

I reached back and grabbed her knee and pushed her off of me. She yelped as I heard her head hit the metal wall. I smirked and did the whole Karate Kid stance, ready to fuck her shit up more.

I'm so going to get this video because no one will believe what I tell them.

"Why can't you just be a normal person in this situation?!" Aurora yelled at me from the darkness.

"Because that's boring, duh." I then moved my arms around blindly, hoping to knock her out or something because that would be entertaining. But she just gave up when the sound of the elevator door creaking open was heard from behind me.

I turned around and saw the light from the floor above us pour into the dark elevator. I smiled as a fireman and a bunch more were slowly getting the doors open. I turned back and glared at Aurora before getting my stuff and I waited until they told us we could try and get out of here.

"Okay, give me your things then we can help you out." The one man said as I handed him my things and then reached my hands up to his. He counted down and I pushed myself up and then he along with another man pulled me up and out.

I'm free.

I just laid on the floor for a hot second before getting up and grabbing my bags. I then saw the receptionist and told her I'd like a copy of the video camera footage sent to me. She told me she'd do that right away and I just left the building right away.

I looked down at my phone and saw that somehow it was fucking dead. I didn't wear a watch today, so I have no idea what time it is. I rushed down the streets of the city and ran into my apartment building. I saw the clock on the front desk and saw that it was just past 5pm.

I have to hurry since the show starts in half an hour.

Rosie's POV

I tugged back the curtain from the far side once more and looked at the two seats that I had gotten for Somi and y/n. Except only Somi was sitting in hers with a worried expression. My stomach was turning uncomfortably as I don't know what's going on. I know she doesn't have her phone to contact y/n because the staff takes them so there are no distractions, so she probably also doesn't know what's going on.

I felt a hand on my left shoulder and I glanced over to see Lisa standing beside me, looking towards Somi and the empty seat to her right.

"Y/n will be here. And if she for some reason doesn't show up, you know she'll have a good reason, so don't be upset. She wants you to perform your best and that's what you're going to do because you love her and she loves you." I sighed and held tears back because I really just wanted to see y/n, even if I couldn't interact with her just yet.

Our staff was ushering us to go to our dressing room for very quick touch ups before we had to do our interview. We were first this time and I was extremely nervous.

Not nervous about the interview; nervous about my lover.

I took a few deep breaths and then with a few minutes left, we went back to where the curtain was and patiently waited for Jimmy to finish his monologue. I was tapping my foot against the floor and picking at my nails anxiously.

"And please welcome our first guess and musical performance later on, Blackpink!" Jimmy said as claps and cheers rang throughout the studio. The curtain was fully pulled back and I could help but have my eyes drift immediately to where the two seats were.

One with Somi, one still empty.

I put on a smile to hide my pain and scanned my eyes across the rest of the excited crowd. Once we got onto the small platform where Jimmy's desk is and the couches, we each gave him a hug as we then went to sit on the couches. Jennie was closest to Jimmy, then it was Jisoo, Lisa, and I was at the far end.

We went through the basic introducing ourselves and blah blah blah. I played it cool and I would look at the crowd right to left, and I would always end up on the empty seat that was causing my heart the most distress.

All of us talked about the comeback and how we prepared a lot of stuff for blinks. Jimmy complimented us on the music video and title track, which have both apparently broken records.

"It seems like you girls break new records right before every time you come on to the show! Blackpink is a true force in the music industry and you girls are not showing any signs of slowing down."

"All those records we break are because of our blinks. We would be nothing without them and they are the ones that allow us to keep doing what we love, which is music." I answered Jimmy as he then went into something else I wasn't paying attention to.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a person sneakily enter at the top of the stairs. I couldn't help it and glanced up to see just a dark figure since the stage lights were too bright. I sighed internally and went back to paying attention to the host.

But luck was on our side and Jimmy ended this first part of the interview so a commercial could go here. That meant we had a tiny bit of time to relax before we picked back up filming. I got a rush of adrenaline as I knew from the last time we were on here, the stage lights dimmed when it was commercial time.

I moved my eyes up to the top of the stairs and had to hold back the gigantic smile that was wanting to show on my lips. There was y/n quickly rushing down the stairs to the empty spot next to Somi. My eyes followed her the whole time and Somi was shocked to see y/n. Somi looked her best friend up and down with a bit of worry. That made me confused because it was like she was seeing if y/n was hurt.

Y/n sat down and she ignored the girl next to her trying to get her attention as her eyes easily found mine. Her smile made my heart melt and I could feel all the anxiety and fear immediately leave my body because I now had her here. She then mouthed a 'sorry' to me and I gave her a curt nod. She knows she's going to have to explain herself once I call her later today.

But for now, I'll just do my job and steal glances at my girlfriend the whole time.

—————
wasnt that whole elevator scene fun? i enjoyed writing all this drama and i hope u guys enjoyed reading it as well. also some fun news... THE ONESHOT WITH ROSIE IS OUT NOW!!!! It's called 'Baker's Dream' and u can go on my account and read it :) show it some love pls, im desperate for validation LMAO. anyway, i love u guys and ill see u in the next chapter and the oneshot, LOVE YOU <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 2.1K 17
What force sets the confines of a soulmate? Are we limited to find love only in those around us, that share our same beliefs and interests? Or are w...
44.4K 1.7K 9
By a twist of fate, Lisa Manoban, the mischievous maknae (youngest member) of the Korean girl group Blackpink, has acquired a device that enables her...
326K 10K 33
You, an ordinary person, meet Rosé by accident, completely unaware of who she is - and she prefers it that way. But she can't keep her secret forever...
151K 7.5K 34
The touring life. One that people desire and want for themselves. Blackpink is embarking on a world tour for their new album Born Pink and have multi...