RJ oneshots

By Elazul-Jumi

random oneshot ideas that come randomly to my mind (I can't promise I'll update this regularly, it would be m... More

Before you read this
Rewrite The Stars
You can't stop the beat
RJ Omegaverse
RJ Omegaverse (part 2)
RJ Omegaverse (part 3)
RJ babysitting
RJ Omegaverse (Final part)
RJ Wedding
Perfect Harmony
RJ comes out
One last sunset
What if we...?
What if I...? (What if We...? Part 2)
Top of the Ferris Wheel
Unsaid Family
The Perfect Gift
The Proposal
Day of the Wedding...s!
Without Him
Be With You (Without him Part 2)
Song dedicated to...
RJ's "Graduation" and First Kiss
"Last Waltz" (Dance lesson part 2)
Unexpected declaration
Small update!
Snow day!
Taking care of an "army" (RJ Babysitting Part 2)
That's how you make me feel...
I've made my choice...
The Nerd and the Bad Boy
His First Date (The Nerd and the Bad Boy Part 2)
I love you... but you're not mine...
Welcome Back...
Midnight Kiss
Amazing Parents
His First (Unofficial) Day at School

Dance lesson

231 10 48
By Elazul-Jumi

(Everyone in the group will be seniors for this, including EJ)

The prom was coming up, everyone from the drama club, during lunch, were talking about who to go with (aside from the established couples) and hoping that whoever end up as prom king and queen, are good people... in other words, they were hoping Lily, one of the nominees, wouldn't win prom queen, since EJ was one of the nominees for prom king.

However, Ricky was in his own world worried about having to do a waltz, since that was the only type of dancing he never practiced, so he needed help desperately about it, in case he was forced to dance like that at least once during prom.

So, after school was over, he quickly made his way back home to eat and shower, to then skateboard his way towards the person he was hoping would help him with this...

Ricky: I need help with my dancing skills *says as he enters the room*

Gina: "oh hi Gina, how are you? good to know you're doing fine" *says mockingly while sitting on her bed*

Ricky: sorry about that Gi, but I really need help with that

Gina: more than you usually do?

Ricky: Ginaaaa *whining*

Gina: ok ok, sorry *chuckles* look, as much as I would like to help you, I don't have time right now, so why don't you go ask Carlos? *

Ricky: already did *walks to the bed and lays down on it* I asked him at school and he said he didn't want to stress over it unless it was for a musical, and since we already did our last musical for East High... *says looking at the roof*

Gina: if that's the case, then why are you asking me for help with your dancing skills?

Ricky: because this is for the prom, I may have improved a bit in my dancing, but I still suck at waltz...

Gina: ooo, did someone finally got enough courage to ask a certain someone to the prom? *smiling widely*

Ricky: *immediately blushes* n-no, i-it's j-just i-in c-case th-that I end up d-dancing w-w-with s-some of you guys...

Gina: *grins* in that case, I know who could help you *grabs phone and goes through her contacts*

Ricky: *sits and looks at Gina* who?

Gina: give me a moment *still looking through her contacts* here we go! *starts facetime*

Ricky sat on the bed, waiting to find out who Gina called, hoping that it wasn't someone bad and that it was at least someone from their friend group, "maybe she's calling Ashlyn" was what Ricky thought, but before he knew it, Gina pinned him down to the floor, while covering his mouth with her hand

Ricky: *voice muffled*

Gina: SHH, quiet Ricky!

In that moment, the person who Gina decided to call, picked up... and it immediately made Ricky freeze in place, while regretting coming to ask for her help.

EJ: what's up Gi? *smiles*

Gina: Hi EJ, hey listen, Ricky came by a little bit ago and asked me to help him improve his dancing skills, specifically waltz, sadly I can't help him right now, so I was kind of hoping if you could help him? because I've heard from Ashlyn that you're actually really great at it.

EJ: um, ok... but why though?

Gina: he says it's for the prom, you never know what type of dance you'll need to do, you think you can do it?

EJ: um... yeah, actually, I have a lot of free time right now so I'll text him later about it.

Gina: great! I wish you the best of luck, I'll be rooting for you not getting hurt by Ricky and his two left feet.

In that moment Ricky made a sound that sounded like a "HEY!" which confused EJ.

EJ: what are you doing right now?

Gina: oh, nothing, I'm just stretching a bit so I can practice in a bit.

EJ: oh, ok... anyways, talk to you later Gi

Gina: bye EJ! *hangs up*

Gina finally let Ricky go as she stood up, while Ricky didn't waste any second to stand up and face her.

Ricky: what was that for!?

Gina: "thanks Gina for setting me and EJ up for dance lessons so I can spend more time with my crush who doesn't know at all" *says mockingly*

Ricky immediately blushed again, and looked at the floor while Gina chuckled.

Gina: in all seriousness, just think about something else when you have your dance lessons and you should be fine ok? maybe something funny or something else.

Ricky could not believe that Gina had done that... the good news, he was gonna spend some time alone with EJ... the bad news, he was gonna spend some time alone with his crush.

-

-

-

Just as EJ said, he texted Ricky about it, and even though Ricky was about to say that it wasn't true and that he didn't need help, he knew that it wasn't true, so he confirmed with EJ when and where they should meet, and to his surprise, it was gonna be at school.

Ricky was a bit surprised, but then EJ explained it would be after school, since he knew they still had a few classes left before they were actually done with them. So, monday came and Ricky was not looking forward to spending time alone with EJ, the boy he has a crush on, while learning to waltz, while their bodies would be very close to each other... just the though of that made Ricky blush a bit.

Time passed by quickly, much to Ricky's dismay, and it was time for him and EJ to start their first lesson, Ricky waited for him near the bomb shelter, where they agreed, and 3 minutes later, EJ showed up.

EJ: hi Bowen, you ready for your dance lessons?

Ricky: sure, I guess *says the last part very low*

EJ simply smiled and grabbed Ricky's hand quickly leading him upstairs, this cause Ricky to blush a very bright red, so by now, he looked like a stop sign.

EJ kept dragging him, and by this point, Ricky wondered if it would've been better for them to practice in the bomb shelter, but after a bit more of EJ dragging him, he finally slowed down, as they got to the roof of the school.

Ricky: you're gonna teach me here? *looking around*

EJ: why not? it's a very big space, there's fresh air, and in case we get tired *opens his backpack* I brought some food and water bottles for us.

Ricky: ok... just let me text my dad real quick to tell him I'll be late.

EJ: ok, sure. Just don't take too long *looks to the sky* because I might've forgotten to check what the weather would be like today.

Ricky giggled at that last part and quickly sent a message to his dad about being late to school because of some dance lessons, earning a reply where Mike said that as long as he's ok, and that if needed he'll drive towards the school to pick him up.

After that, Ricky put his phone in his backpack and left it next to EJ's, who had already dropped it somewhat near the stairs that led to the roof.

EJ: ok, you ready? *Ricky nods* we're gonna start very simple, however, I'm gonna be the one who leads, but you try and memorize whatever I do when it comes to where to put your hands and stuff, ok? *Ricky slowly nodded* great. Let's start.

*LATER*

EJ: you understanding all of this, Ricky?

Ricky: *slightly blushing* y-yeah, don't worry.

Ricky had to use all of his will power to be able to remain mostly calm and not completely freak out about the amount of times he had to get very close to EJ, they had already made a break to eat, drink some water and catch their breath, after a minute or two more of their break, EJ decided it was time for a test run.

EJ: ok, let's see how much you've actually learned *walks to his back pack*

Ricky: w-what? w-what do you mean? weren't you gonna teach me on different days?

EJ: I am, but I want to do a test run at the end of each day to see your progress

Ricky found it a bit weird but at the same time thought it made perfect sense, so while he mentally prepared himself for this, EJ was looking through his phone for the song that would play on the background.

Ricky: *hears thunder* are you sure we should do this now? cause it may start to rain soon, and I don't have a change of clothes with me *looks at EJ*

EJ: If it does start to rain while we do this, I have some clothes in my locker in mens locker room, they should be enough for the two of us so, we each take a shower with hot water and change our clothes there.

Ricky was about to protest but EJ quickly interrupted him.

EJ: and yes, I know my clothes are a bit big for you, so if you want to, text your dad and tell him to bring a change of clothes for you, but in the meantime, you'll have to wear some of my clothes.

Ricky blushed by just the thought of being in the same room as EJ, shirtless, and... well, something not so appropiate, but let's not get into that.

EJ: you don't mind if we do an HSM song, right? *says looking at his phone*

Ricky: um... no, go ahead

EJ looked at him and smiled, he then placed his phone on a speaker he brought so they can hear the song loud and clear.

EJ: you ready? *walks towards* Ricky*

Ricky nods and gets in position 

(Side note: they won't be singing for this... but maybe lip sync at some point)

Take my hand (Ricky grabs EJ's hand)
Take a breath
Pull my close (EJ is the one to pull him close)
And take one step (Ricky looks down by impulse)

Keep your eyes (EJ lifts Ricky's head)
Locked on mine
And let the music
Be your guide

(The two start the waltz)

Won't you promise me (Now won't you promise me)
That you'll never forget (We'll keep dancing)
To keep dancing
Wherever we go next

(The two get carried away in the dance)

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone
Like you

It's one in a million
The chance of feeling the way
We do

And with every
Step together
We just keep on
Getting better

So Can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance? 

(Rain starts to come down)

Oh, no mountain's too high
And no ocean's too wide
'Cause together or not
Our dance won't stop

Let it rain, let it pour
What we have is worth fighting for
You know I believe
That we were meant to be

(Rain gets stronger)

It's like catching lightning
The chances of finding someone
Like you

It's one in a million
The chance of feeling the way
We do

And with every
Step together
We just keep on
Getting better

So Can I have this dance? (Can I have this dance?)
Can I have this dance?

(Rain is at it's strongest)

Can I have this dance?

Right as they finished the "test run" they stood close to each other and looked into each others eyes, Ricky didn't know what was impulsing him, but he was slowly leaning into EJ, who was also doing the same.

Ricky: EJ... I...

His sentence was cut short though since EJ's phone started playing "A Night to Remember" so they both quickly broke apart and went towards EJ phone so he could turn off the music, after drying his hands with his backpack.

EJ: *turns off his phone and the speaker* ...looks like we are gonna have to shower and change clothes.

Ricky just nodded his head and remained silent.

EJ: ...same thing tomorrow or you want to take a break from tomorrow's dance lesson?

Ricky: um, a-a break would be nice.

EJ nodded his head and then grabbed his phone and speaker.

EJ: could you bring our backpacks? I have to return the speaker where I got it from and I don't want my phone to get wet by my clothes.

Ricky nodded and grabbed both of the backpacks, that, luckily for them, were mostly dry.

After that, they made their way down to the mens lockers, EJ took out the change of clothes he had, while Ricky texted his dad about bringing him a change of clothes, as well as coming to pick him up.

Soon after they were done, EJ and Ricky remained there waiting for Mike to arrive, both of them silent.

EJ: ...sorry about your clothes, I should've stopped with the lesson when you asked if I was sure about continuing with it.

Ricky: don't worry, it's not the worst situation I've had about rain and my clothes getting wet.

EJ chuckled at that, and the two of them went silent again. A few minutes later, Mike quickly arrived after Ricky told him through message where they were and handed Ricky his clothes, who didn't waste anymore time to go change.

Mike talked a little bit with EJ, and soon enough, the three of them were leaving the school, Mike and Ricky had to accompany EJ to his car first since Mike didn't want him to get wet again, so once EJ got in, he said goodbye and drove off, while Mike and Ricky made their way to the car Mike was driving and made their way back home.

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

Someone might think, "how did they end up doing the choreo for Can I have this dance? from HSM3, if Ricky said he sucked at Waltz? it doesn't make sense" maybe, but it's basically the same for Troy who managed to do different stuff during the song despite it being the first time he did a Waltz, and it also makes more sense than the rain suddenly pouring down on Troy and Gabriella at the end of the song.

But anyway, I'm gonna make a part 2 for this oneshot, because I want to use the scene where this song gets a reprise, and I'm honestly excited for it.

I hope you enjoyed this oneshot, I'm looking forward to your comments.

See you on part 2 for this oneshot!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 248 11
To keep it simple it's HSMTMTS but just with Ricky not being able to say I love you to E.J.
5.2K 114 14
Steveddie st4 (steve x eddie) oneshot, my english is not perfect so feel free to correct me and give oneshot's ideas too
29.7K 760 24
RickyxEJ oneshots for high school musical the series fans.
38.1K 998 18
the title says it all :) feel free to leave requests in the comments or via dm!