Divergent, Eric: When She Came

By BookWormAtWork

Cassidy Thompson is from the Outside. Outside as in BEYOND THE FENCE. She stumbles into an unknown world, a d... More

Author's Note
Prologue.
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty One.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Chapter Forty Four.
Chapter Forty Five.
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight.

Chapter Twenty Three.

3.3K 109 6
By BookWormAtWork

Chapter Twenty Three.

Yes, you heard me. Eric was one of them.

He was slightly hobbling, as if his leg wound that Tris had caused had nearly healed. I looked at his leg. Fresh trousers.

Johanna Reyes stood besides the three Erudite, two men and one woman. It wasn't Jeanine.

The table shook, and Tris was biting her lip ever so slightly, and tapping her fingers against her knee. I curled my fingers, digging my nails into my palms.

Johanna looks at the Erudite, before looking at us again. "Our Erudite and Dauntless friends are looking for some people. Several members of Abnegation," I didn't know that some Abnegation was still alive. I didn't even notice.

"Three members of Dauntless and a former Erudite initiate." Johanna smiles. "In the interest of full cooperation, I told them that the people they were looking for have moved on. They would like permission to search the premises, which means we have to vote. Does anyone object to a search?"

I kept my hand glued at my knees. I didn't dare move. Any moment and I'm sure they would know that I'm not Amity.

"Three of you stay, and the rest of you go and search. Report back if you find anything." The Erudite woman snapped at the guards. "Go."

It wasn't like they were going to find much. Just Dauntless clothes.

It wasn't like I was going to carry a whole backpack full of shit, am I?

My skin prickles as the three remaining Dauntless began wandering around tables, inspecting everything as they go by.

Shit. They're going to find us...

The gun itches my ankle, wanting to be used. I scratched my cheek to take the feeling away. They're going to find us...

The Erudite woman, scans the crowd with narrowed eyes. I held my breath when she looked at me, but released when she diverted her attention elsewhere.

"Carla, we've found the remaining pieces in one of the bedrooms." A Dauntless soldier enters the cafeteria, holding what I presume was the remaining pieces. Whatever they were from.

"Remaining pieces? Of the hard drive?" Carla stammers. "They smashed it?" She hissed. "They wiped our program and stole and smashed our hard drive?!"

It didn't take an idiot to know who they was.

I look slowly at Tris and Four, rising an eyebrow the tiniest bit.

Tris looked back, amusement dancing in her eyes. Okay. I now know who smashed the hard drive. But what was in it? What information did it contain?

"Find them!" Carla barked, and the three Dauntless soldiers. "Find them! They couldn't have gone far!"

We are right here. In the same room.

I looked back at the front, to where Carla was about to blow like a volcano, Johanna cool as a cucumber and Eric was stood behind them. He wasn't looking anywhere near my direction.

The three Dauntless soldiers lifted their guns, and the Amity all scream and dove under their table for shelter. I screamed for show, then threw myself underneath the table before pulling my gun out.

The Dauntless looked under the table, studying faces as they went by. I knew that after this, we were busted.

I knew that as a fact.

No, I'm not ever going to be a part of an Erudite. Ever.

"Find them! Find them all!" Carla screamed in frustration. I spot Johanna, she held my gaze for a few seconds, before jumping slightly when Eric was speaking to her.

I looked all around me, then a gun shot went off. I stared in horror when an Amity girl lay dead. She tried to escape.

I glanced down at the gun. Tris froze at the sight of the gun.

"Four," I said lowly that only he can hear. "Take it." I pressed the gun in his hands. He nodded at me. He had a better aim than I did.

"I'm going to distract them, don't run. Don't do anything. Blend in." I whispered to all three of them. "Stay blended. Stay put no matter what happens." I paused. "Remember, the Choosing Ceremony building."

Tris was about to protest. I shot her a look. Four wanted to say something, but couldn't. Caleb didn't do anything. He was truly full of fear.

Moving so I was in a crawling position, I edged toward the table furthest away from the enemies. I didn't want them to see me. If they see me, they'd see the rest of us.

An Amity lad looked me frighteningly. I pressed my finger to my lips, looked around and crawled to his table.

One down, one to go.

I squeezed past the teenagers. They were younger than me. They were much more frightened than I was. I knew that Jeanine needed me unharmed. They couldn't shoot me.

But they could shoot Tris, Four and Caleb.

I didn't care what happened to Peter. He isn't here. He's probably ran. Ditched us after using us for an escape.

I still think he is a bigger dick than Eric.

An Amity lad gripped my ankle. I looked at him. He shook his head. I wrenched my ankle out of his grasp, and crawled to the end of the table.

Again, I caught the girl's eye, pressed my finger to my lips, looked around and crawled to her table.

Four had watched me. He didn't think that I was going to slide past these Dauntless on my own.

"Okay?" I mouth to him after studying the open door ten long feet away.

Four looked around, as I couldn't see the guards anymore. He looked back, and nodded.

I smiled at him. "Catch you later." I turned away almost straight after. Don't cry. You will see them as soon as you distract them.

A dangerous distraction.

I quickly crawl to the door, and slammed myself against the wall once I passed through it.

Literally, I was sweating in fear.

Brushing the sweat off my forehead, I quickly got to my feet. The corridor was clear, but I need the other door that was nearby Eric and Johanna.

Stopping and starting, I arrived at the door. The windows were glass. Once I step in sight, I better run. Fast.

Peeking through the glass at the edge, I spot a Dauntless soldier dangerously close to Four's table.

I cupped my hands by my mouth, and yelled: "Run! Go! Go! Go!"

Immediately, I ran in the opposite direction, meaning I had to pass the window. I heard the Dauntless that were in the cafeteria shout, and immediately ran after me.

A car door slam. My heart quickens. Shots were fired then I heard Eric: "Don't shoot! That's Cassie!"

See? I won't get shot. I need to be healthy and physically well.

If either Tris or Four did this, they wouldn't get chased like me. They'd get shot. I'm the best chance they'd get at escaping.

I reached the woods quicker than I expected. My boots crunched the sticks and twings, stones were pressed into the mud.

Shouts were far behind me, but sounded like they were next to me. There must be about five, possibly six Dauntless.

I knew one was Eric.

I swung by a thick tree, turning sharply to see if I could get them off my tail. Slim chance. I was found, and there was no way I was going to be given the easy slip.

A really, really thin chance.

My breathing became thick, especially when I heard two or three gunshots. And Eric shouting no shooting at me.

Well, Jeanine really must have wanted me good.

I came by a small river. I sprinted through it, water spraying up my back, soaking my hair and clothes.

Gross, wet pants. Ew.

Deciding that I've come far, far enough away from the cafeteria, I spot a clearing and headed towards it. I heard the Dauntless running through water.

I slowed to a stop at the centre of the clearing. And sat.

And waited. I didn't have to wait long.

They all pointed their guns at me.

Here's the update you've been waiting for!

Anyway, sorry (sadly again) for the late update. My mind has been elsewhere and I have literally only got this week and next week of exams, then I'm freeee!!!

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, Little Outsiders!

C.I.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 890 14
collection of stories .
1M 25.2K 23
Yn a strong girl but gets nervous in-front of his arranged husband. Jungkook feared and arrogant mafia but is stuck with a girl. Will they make it t...
1M 63.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
887K 20.2K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.