Once Upon An Assassination At...

By fanfic_writer707

Kamisato Ayato fanfiction. Kurimiya Sora had a dangerous mission with one purpose; Kill the head of Kamisato... More

Chapter 2 | A deal
Chapter 3 | Housekeeper
Chapter 4 | Woof
Chapter 5 | A friend
Chapter 6 | Kunai
Chapter 7 | Lost
Chapter 8 | New discoveries
Chapter 9 | A familiar face
Chapter 10 | Velikaia
Chapter 11 | Blast of pain
Chapter 12 | Recuperating
Chapter 13 | Vision
Chapter 14 | Housewife
Chapter 15 | Picnic
Chapter 16 | Eloping
Chapter 17 | Journey
Chapter 18 | Abyss sauce
Chapter 19 | Realisation
Chapter 20 | Retribution
Chapter 21| Ragbros
Chapter 22 | Moonlight alley
Chapter 23 | Nostalgic snow
Chapter 24 | Lu Wei
Chapter 25 | Tranquility
Chapter 26 | Snow
Chapter 27 | Back to inazuma
Chapter 28 | Hiiragi Genji
Chapter 29 | Poisoned
Chapter 30 | Goodbye
Chapter 31 | End of Contract
Chapter 32 | Once again
Chapter 33 | Eons
Chapter 34 | Kamisato estate
Chapter 35 | Frozen
Chapter 36 | Your name
Afterwards: part one
Afterwards: part two

Chapter 1 | The first attempt

4.7K 119 113
By fanfic_writer707

UNEDITED

It happened on a beautiful day. The sun was high up in the sky, with the clouds guarding it. The rays of sunlight seemed to touch the surface of everything; the green leaves of the tree branch I was on, the blue tiles of the rooftop of the house I was staring at, and Kamisato Ayato's face.

It was particularly annoying how effortlessly elegant the head of Kamisato clan was, in every situation. Right now, he was discussing clan matters with Kujou Sara, likely about the recent plans to abolish the Sakoku Decree.

Whatever his plans were, they wouldn't see the light of the day. He wouldn't see the light of the day again. I waited until Kujou Sara left, for the only time today that was perfect for an undetected assassination. He was overlooking papers, his amethyst eyes going over the lines.

It was time.

I can do this.

I've done it before and I can do it again. It's what I had always known.

Only, this time it was so much more different. I was always assigned, as I requested, criminals. Those that had committed such grave sins and made powerful enemies along the way. Some dirty politicians, some fatui networks, people that were better off dead. All of them had something. Something I determined was enough to give me reason to shake off the ever growing conscience. Even when I knew I was no better. So I did research.

Kamisato Ayato was the head of the Kamisato clan, and also of Shuumatsuban. That meant that the whole of inazuma's ninjas, the underground network, they all answered to him. And I'd searched. I'd searched for the black patch every politician has, the little dirty secret they try to keep hidden away. Corruption, fraud, smuggling, anything at all that he could have put his hands on. And yet, I couldn't find any. Of course as head of Shuumatsuban, there was bound to be assassinations he would have to carry out, but it's not like I could say anything about that considering my occupation. It was ironic, really. Sending an assassin to assassinate another assassin.

In my view as an assassin with her hands too dirty to be cleaned, Kamisato Ayato's background was as white as his stupidly long sleeves.

For the first time in my life, I found my hands trembling over the trigger. I found myself questioning.

I took a deep breath, and calmed myself down. I could do it. I had to do my job. It wasn't like me to question it.

Again, I looked through the scope to set the timing right, and almost dropped the rifle.

No way. He was looking right at me, a playful smirk on his face that reminded me of a sly fox. He shouldn't be able to see me. I was over 2000 yards away. The momentary hesitation made me pull the trigger prematurely, which went right through his tea.

The rustling of the leaves behind me confirmed that I had given a rough idea of my position away, and all for nothing.

"Fuck."

The Shuumatsuban was definitely onto me now. Luckily, today was the day security was most lax, and I'd even found one ninja sleeping under a tree.

Not giving my pursuers any moment to fasten their pace, I swiftly hid in the way they least expected.

My target was a rookie ninja who had just gotten into Shuumatsuban. Her height was similar to mine, so that made disguising myself as her a lot easier. She was also someone who didn't have any friends so there was no worry over someone suspecting me.

I kept her tied up in a cave where people would eventually find her. I didn't plan to disguise as her for long anyway.

"Everyone, fall back." A voice came from behind me. "We've lost the assassin. We will continue to search for tracks. And you," he said with a glare.

"Me?" I pointed at myself, unsure why I'd been singled out.

"Yes, you. The newbie. Go report back to Kamisato-sama."

"What the fu- I mean, what?"

"What? You got any problem with that, newbie?"

"No. Not at all, sir."

"Good. Then get out of my sight."

The ninjas dispersed to search for my tracks, while I was left to curse at myself for choosing the wrong person to disguise as. Sure, I was hoping to get more information on Kamisato head this way, but I had to report my assassination to the guy I just tried to assassinate?

Ugh.

It's okay. I can do it. I read the legend of the sword, and the most popular book from the yae publishing house. I can definitely report back like a ninja.

The only thing I could remember, mostly, was that ninjas jump a lot, keep gazes downward when reporting, look badass and don't ever use the door.

So I jumped through the window of the tea room Kamisato Ayato was in, and because I panicked about what pose I should do upon landing, I jumped a bit too far. I landed on the table. More specifically, on the tea that was on the table.

"My..my tea."

I could only keep still as I saw him stare at the spilled tea in what appeared to be the five stages of grief all at once. He looked up at me in accusation, and I shrunk back.

"I'm so sorry sir."

"I..why didn't you come through the door?"

"Eh?"

"The door."

I was supposed to use it?

I stared at the door as if it's existence had just entered my mind, and to be honest it just did.

"I'm new. I'm sorry."

"No matter." He waved a hand dismissively. "So, what did you have to report?"

"The assassin has escaped. We are now searching for any tracks left behind."

"Call off the search. I don't think you'll find anything now."

"Huh?"

"The assassin shot from over 2000 yards away. Maybe even 2900." He put a hand underneath his chin, and my attention was drawn to the mole near his lips. "whoever they are, they're skilled. We won't be able to find them so easily. Better to let them take another attempt."

"You mean let them attempt assassinating you..again, Kamisato-sama?"

"Yes." He smiled, making the mole near his lips stand out against the curve of his lips.

Is he crazy?

Before I could form a coherent response, the man who gave me orders earlier came, and landed perfectly beside me.

So cool.

"Kamisato-sama. We were unable to find any traces."

"Hm. You may leave."

The ninja sulked on his way out.

The following days, I made the plan for the next assassination attempt. Even if my emotions had gotten the best of me earlier, which they never had, they wouldn't get ahold of me anymore.

Kamisato Ayato was always rushing off to meetings, doing paperwork, or training. Training for what, exactly, I didn't know, since there was a sight to behold under those clothes. Not that I was enraptured by it. Today, however, was different.

The head of Kamisato clan had finished all the paperwork that was due during morning. He went to all the scheduled meetings in afternoon. During night, he snuck out of his office to go to to a tea house.

I immediately followed. He was meeting his sister and housekeeper there, which wasn't really a surprise. They were eating a suspicious hotpot, and throughout it Ayato kept trying to feed the housekeeper lizard tail with a gleeful look on his face, which reminded me of a villain.

Before midnight, he left the teahouse.

"Where are you going, waka?" Thoma, the housekeeper asked, trying not to burf.

"The duel. I'll be back."

Thoma nodded and headed back inside, but I didn't understand anything. What duel would he need to attend anyway? He was the head of Kamisato clan. Who would even try to make an enemy of him?

Maybe it was something illegal. Maybe this was the dirty secret he was trying to hide.

I smiled in satisfaction. "I'll find out your secret, Kamisato."

He walked quite far, to a forest near a small village. The light hair stood out in the midst of the trees looming over his figure, and his sleeves swayed as he walked. The sound of his footsteps stopped Infront of a recently cut tree.

"Come out. I know you're there."

Shit. Did he figure out I followed him? But I was careful, and there's no way he could've detected me. I was even hanging far back just to be safe.

"Come on out," he called out again.

Oh, no. No no no. Should I just throw a knife and be done with it?

"Aniki," a loud voice came, and I almost got a whiplash trying to look at who it was. It was an oni, with red horns. He was what I would call really muscular, with more abs than I could have in a lifetime. Kind of like those packs of hot cross buns they sell at the pastry shop. He laughed as he approached Ayato. "You're right on time. Are you ready?"

Oh archons, he's picking a fight with an oni.

I didn't want to admit it, but I was quite intrigued. The head of Kamisato clan, and an oni; both who had visions at that. It would certainly be a sight to watch. I settled down more comfortably on the tree branch and hid myself.

"Then, let's begin," Ayato said, reaching into his sleeve.

The Oni reached into his pocket.

Wait a minute..why are they..

"Go, Elizabeth," Ayato said, placing an onikabuto on the tree trunk.

"Don't lose, little nibble ninja jr. Come on," the Oni called out to the onikabuto he set down.

...what the fuck?

****************************

I figured that since I simped over his data file I might as well write a book about him too, so here you go.

Next update: next Saturday, probably

Don't trust me on that tho.

Thanks for reading (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

547K 21.9K 50
If you are born into a noble family then your destiny is already pre-determined from the moment you were in your mother's womb. It's either you well...
13K 320 13
──── 𓄼 ˑ 𖥔 𓂃 when Y/N ended her duties as a maid at the ...
57.7K 2.8K 14
[ thoma x assassin!reader ] You're a skilled mercenary who takes odd jobs all around Inazuma to make ends meet. So when the shogunate hires you to as...
97.2K 3.2K 25
"Apologize," he said seriously as he leaned on his table while his arms are folding on his chest. "I'm fucking sorry." "LANGUAGE." "...motherfucke...