MY ROSEMARY II THEODORE NOTT

By metamorphosisII

MY ROSEMARY the year was 1997 when rosemary venice found a boy called theodore nott from the small fore... More

MY ROSEMARY
PROLOGUE
VOL ONE - CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS
001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
VOL TWO ― RIGHT WHERE YOU LEFT ME
016.
017.
018.
019.
020.
021.
023.
024.
025.
026.
027.
028.
029.
030.
031.
032.
033.
VOL THREE ― EVERMORE
034.
035.
036.
037.
038.
039.
040.
041.
042.
043.
044.
045.
046.
047.
048.
049.
050.
051.
052.
EPILOGUE

022.

1.9K 69 8
By metamorphosisII

────── ✾ ──────

june 2003

────── ✾ ──────

Summer in Sweden was beautiful, fun and calm and Rose couldn't wait for it to start. She had finished her last class of semester earlier the week and was all ready and packed for summer. This year, summer felt even better than the years before and maybe it had something to do with the fact that Rose had finally told Theo the truth ― truth which wasn't so horrible after all.

Theo was a wizard and Rose was a witch.

They were a match made in Heaven or whatever those magical beings believed in.

With Theo's permission, Rose informed her mothers and Inez about Theo's identity as a wizard ― none of them were too surprised to hear the truth. In the process Rose had absentmindedly told the truth about the Malfoys as well which later on bit her in the arse.

Ellen and May had insisted that they will get to meet the Malfoys.

Rose said no at first and half expected her mothers to be all right with it ― they knew how much she loathed Draco Malfoy and his family. However, Rose was wrong and her mothers didn't give her a choice.

She understood it though. If her child would be dating someone with a horrible (surrogate) family, she would want to meet those people.

To make it less awkward and her life easier, Rose send Theo to be the messenger. He wasn't too excited of Ellen and May's idea either ― he knew that no one from the family of Malfoys exactly agreed with the lifestyle of Rose and her family.

While Theo was making his way to the Malfoys, Rose got a visit from a surprising person. Mr Kane was standing just by the threshold of Rose and Theo's apartment.

Rose hasn't seen the man for awhile but it didn't mean that she wasn't happy to see him now. He used to be like a grandfather to her ― visiting her on her birthdays, sending her gifts when he couldn't.

"Look at you, all grown up," said Mr Kane.

He didn't smile ― he was a man who didn't really show his emotions but Rose knew he cared for her. He knew her mother, he was there when Rose was born and has been in her life even when she was adopted.

"Hey," smiled Rose and went to hug her grandfather figure when he opened his arms for her.

Once they had greeted each other, Rose invited Mr Kane further into the apartment. Because Mr Kane's visit was a surprise Rose didn't really have anything to offer but water and coffee but Kane assured he didn't need anything.

"I spoke to Ellen and May awhile ago, they told me that they want to meet Theo's family," said Mr Kane as he sat down.

Rose cringed. "Yeah. Theo's actually on his way to see them."

"Aah really?" Asked Mr Kane. "But that is unfortunate, I would have wanted to finally meet him."

"It is strange... isn't it? You have never met Theo even after all these years," said Rose, leaning against the wall separating the kitchen and living room.

Mr Kane merely shrugged. "Maybe it's for the best. I am not sure if I would approve the young gentleman."

"Oh please, he's great. You know that," grimaced Rose.

"Yes, I do. Ellen and May have spoken highly of him," said Mr Kane. "I don't doubt that boy."

"But...." Rose inquired.

Mr Kane sighed. "I just want you to be safe. Your mother was a dear friend of mine and I don't want what happened to her happen to you. On her dying bed, I told her that I will look after you."

"Whoah you really known how to make someone's day a little cloudy," said Rose and chuckled nervously.

"I didn't mean it like that," said Mr Kane.

Rose nodded. "Good. Because trust me, I have had my fair share of disapproving in-laws."

Kane arched his brow. "In-laws? Is there something I should know?"

"No, Theo and I, we aren't married or engaged or anything. Don't worry."

While Rose was talking with Mr Kane for the first time in awhile, Theo was in Wiltshire visiting the Malfoys. He hadn't informed them of his visit or the reason behind it. He thought it was for the best to just go there and deliver his news in person with no warnings.

Lucius was the one who opened the door for Theo's surprise ― he thought the house-elves would do it like they always have. Theo knew that there has been some changes in the household because of the outcome of the Second War but still, he didn't think that Lucius Malfoy would open doors for guests.

Theo didn't ask about it but greeted Lucius and entered the manor.

"Surprised to see you Theodore," said Lucius.

Theo merely nodded as he followed Lucius to the drawing room where his wife was, sitting by her favorite spot in the room ― the fireplace. The fire wasn't on though but she didn't seem to mind that.

"Look who came for a visit," Lucius said to his wife who did look surprised by the sudden appearance of Theo.

"What brings you here?" Asked Narcissa, a soft smile you didn't often see, gracing her lips.

"Oh well you see ummm... Rosie's mothers wondered if you would like to meet them?" Theo asked, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

Lucius arched his brow, confused by the offer.

"Where is this all coming from?" He asked.

Theo shrugged although he knew why. Ellen and May were quite interested to find out that Theo and the Malfoys had magic ― they wanted to know what they were like. They have of course heard stories from Rose but now they wanted to see if all of their weird quirks were just because they were witches and wizards.

However Theo couldn't tell them this ― Rose didn't want the Malfoys to know she's a witch and Theo wasn't sure if she should tell Lucius and Narcissa that Rose knows that he is a wizard.

"They just want to meet you, that's all. They are Rose's parents and they want to meet you," explained Theo.

Narcissa frowned. "I don't know, Theo. Is this whole thing with Rosemary even going to last? She's not the kind of girl you ought to be with."

"Because she's not a pureblood witch?" Theo inquired, going ahead with the story Narcissa and Lucius knew.

"You have to understand Theodore that there are things that are expected from you as the heir of the Nott name," Lucius said and walked to his wife.

Theo sighed. "So the fact that she's wonderful, beautiful, smart and loves me don't matter but her blood does?"

"I'm not saying she isn't a nice girl, I'm sure she is but is she really the one you are going to spend the rest of your life with," added Lucius.

"Do you want me to be a part of your life?" Asked Theo, ignoring Lucius' comment.

Narcissa nodded ― she wasn't going to loose her additional son again.

"Of course we do," said Narcissa and glanced at her husband who nodded as well.

"And like Lucius said, Rosemary is nice. I mean she's loud and has strange opinions but she seems sweet. But are you sure that she's the right one for you? She's so different, Theo," explained Narcissa.

Theo shook his head. "That's what makes her perfect. I mean she's nuts sometimes and even annoying but those are just the qualities that make her even better. I understand that she's not who you wanted me to end up with but I haven't part of this world in years so why should it matter now?"

Narcissa looked down at her hands which were resting on her lap. She thought Rosemary was a perfectly nice girl but she just wasn't fit to be the next Lady Nott. But she knew that Theo wasn't looking for someone to be the next Lady Nott ― he didn't want to be a Nott himself anymore.

The problem was that if Theo was going to really end up with Rosemary Venice, he wasn't going to stick around. It was rude but Narcissa couldn't help but blame this muggle girl for the Theo's absence.

"It is just a dinner I am asking for. Rose has sat more than one dinner through with you so the least you could is to return the favor," said Theo.

"But don't her mothers live in Sweden?" Asked Lucius and pointed out the obvious.

Theo nodded. "You aren't under house arrest anymore, are you?"

Lucius swallowed but shook his head with the little dignity he had left. "We are not."

"Then you can easily go there. And don't worry, you don't need to travel muggle style but you can just Apparate there," explained Theo like it was not a big deal.

And it really wasn't.

"But doesn't Miss Venice hate us?" Lucius asked with a frown. "I know she doesn't exactly love us."

"Yeah she's not a big fan but her mothers requested this meeting and I understand why. They want to meet the people who had raised the man who is seeing their daughter."

Narcissa sighed, massaging her temples. "I really thought we raised you, and Draco, to choose more appropriate girls. But all right, we will meet Rosemary's mothers."

"Thank you," said Theo and was visibly relieved. "And also if you don't think that the elders won't mind, they could come as well."

Lucius scoffed. "I highly doubt they want to."

"Are you sure?" Theo furrowed. "Because I got the feeling that Druella actually might like Rosie."

"No she doesn't," insisted Narcissa. "My mother doesn't like anyone."

Theo held his hands up as to surrender. "Fine, fine. But they are invited..."

A familiar sound of heels clicking against the marble floors of the manor reached Theo's ears suddenly, and he turned to look over his shoulder and saw Druella and Odette.

Theo smirked. "Maybe we should ask her," he said and walked over to Druella without even glancing at Narcissa or Lucius.

Narcissa was visibly annoyed by Theo's behavior ― he has always been such a sweet boy who never really argued over things. Draco was the trouble maker back in the day.

"Theodore, what a pleasant surprise!" Said Druella.

"And without that girlfriend of yours, even better," added Odette.

Theo wasn't surprised by Odette's words ― he knew that the woman didn't like Rose at all.

"Yes well I was here actually to invite Lucius and Narcissa to meet Rose's parents in Sweden, and the both you and your husbands are most welcome to join us if you want to," Theo explained his business.

"Oh that would wonderful," said Druella with a polite smile.

Odette glared at Druella. "No wonder your middle daughter ended up a Mudblood lover."

"Alright then!" Lucius said loudly ― he knew that his wife nor mother-in-law liked when somebody mentioned Andromeda Black.

"Good of you to invite everyone, Theo. We will be there, just let us know the day and time and we will show up," said Lucius, placing a hand on Theo's shoulder.

Theo grimaced. "Yes of course. And to give you a heads up, if you think you are being hard on Rose, just wait until you meet her mothers. They are going to destroy you if you utter even one bad word of her."

"Thank you for the information," said Lucius.

The young Nott heir bid his goodbyes to the ladies and left the manor, first taking a walk through the gardens. Summer was finally in England and Theo had forgotten how beautiful the gardens were this time of the year.

As he walked down the narrow path towards the small lake where he and Draco used to go for a swim as children. While their teenager years weren't the easiest ― Voldemort had returned then and made it really hard for them to live their lives ― their childhood was good. Or Draco's was at least.

Theo's was whenever he was with the Malfoys which was quite often because his father was a jackass.

"They told me you came to visit."

Theo turned around to see Draco leaning against a big old oak tree.

"And that we are going to Sweden," he smirked.

"Wipe that smirk off. It isn't funny," said Theo and kicked some little rocks by his feet. "You know what it is like when they don't like the girl you are seeing."

Draco tutted. "I thought you didn't care if they like her or not. I thought Rose didn't care."

Theo had to chuckle at that. "Oh she really doesn't. Honestly she's trying to be as difficult and dislikable as she can."

"Why? Tori does everything so that mother and father will approve her," said Draco.

"Rosie just doesn't care about other people's opinions," shrugged Theo. "Also she has a tendency to be very difficult before letting down her guard."

Draco grimaced. "Well I think she isn't that bad. It's funny to see her challenge everybody. Especially Odette and Cygnus. Oh and what would I give to see Rose challenge Abraxas."

Theo agreed with Draco — it was quite amusing to see Rose challenge the Malfoys with no shame.

"Speaking of Abraxas, where is he?" Asked Theo. "I haven't seen him yet."

"Who knows," said Draco with a shrug. "He just comes and goes as he pleases, I think he spends most of his time somewhere in Belgium. After the whole fiasco of the Battle of Hogwarts, Abraxas sort of disappeared. He doesn't like to be seen in public."

"I guess that's understandable," admitted Theo. "What about you? Are people being shitty because of the past?"

Draco turned to look down at his feet. "At first but not anymore. People don't like to be bothered by us."

"Theodore Nott."

Abraxas Malfoy was a cold man ― always been and always will. He was a very proud man, even prouder than his son and that was already something. He was actually the one who introduced his family to Voldemort. Lucius wasn't particularly close with his father ― he blamed him for many things including his family's down fall from grace.

Theo turned to look to his left where Abraxas Malfoy stood, holding his chin high. He looked just like he did before, only his hair had gotten grayer.

"Sir," said Theo politely.

"It has been awhile," said Abraxas and walked closer to his grandson. "You didn't tell me that Theodore was here."

Draco glanced at Theo. "I didn't know he was coming here. It was a surprise visit."

"Is that so?" Asked Abraxas.

"Yes sir. I was here to ask everyone to meet Rosemary's family," Theo explained the nature of his visit.

Abraxas arched his brow. "Your girlfriend, right? A muggle girl who has two mothers and no manners."

"So you've heard of her," mumbled Theo and glared at Draco who grinned widely like they were five years old again and he had managed to get Theo into trouble.

"Oh yes I have. She isn't exactly what we had hoped for," said Abraxas.

Theo scoffed. "Well then it's good that you are not the one who is in a relationship with her."

"Always smart with his words," said Abraxas. "Well anyhow, it was good to see you Theodore. Take care."

"Likewise," said Theo with a very forces smile.

He and Draco waited until Abraxas was gone before they spoke again. Draco has admired his grandfather in his youth but now after the hell his alliances made the family go through has changed Draco's mind.

"So, when am I expected in Sweden?" Smirked Draco.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.6K 1.3K 26
For Valentine's Day, instead of spending it with the love of her life alone, Hermione has been required to attend another reunion, one with the worst...
52.6K 1K 35
"love is heavy and light, bright and dark, hot and cold, sick and healthy, asleep and awake - its everything except what it is" theodore not x fem...
6.8K 199 55
Leila Malfoy was born into a life she didn't deserve. The world continued to spin, leaving her in the darkness surrounded by false love and abuse. U...
50.4K 519 134
❝𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 '𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯'❞ *not related to any of my previous hp instagram*