RJ oneshots

By Elazul-Jumi

random oneshot ideas that come randomly to my mind (I can't promise I'll update this regularly, it would be m... More

Before you read this
Rewrite The Stars
You can't stop the beat
RJ Omegaverse
RJ Omegaverse (part 2)
RJ Omegaverse (part 3)
RJ babysitting
RJ Omegaverse (Final part)
RJ Wedding
Perfect Harmony
RJ comes out
One last sunset
What if we...?
What if I...? (What if We...? Part 2)
Top of the Ferris Wheel
Unsaid Family
The Perfect Gift
The Proposal
Day of the Wedding...s!
Without Him
Be With You (Without him Part 2)
Song dedicated to...
Dance lesson
"Last Waltz" (Dance lesson part 2)
Unexpected declaration
Small update!
Snow day!
Taking care of an "army" (RJ Babysitting Part 2)
That's how you make me feel...
I've made my choice...
The Nerd and the Bad Boy
His First Date (The Nerd and the Bad Boy Part 2)
I love you... but you're not mine...
Welcome Back...
Midnight Kiss
Amazing Parents
His First (Unofficial) Day at School

RJ's "Graduation" and First Kiss

256 8 46
By Elazul-Jumi

(This oneshot will adapt a big moment from a mexican telenovela from 4-5 years ago, and for story reasons, everyone from the group is on their senior year)

(Also, not really sure if there are occasions where what happens in this oneshot also happens in America, and I don't feel like investigating right now, so I'm just gonna stick to what happens in the telenovela... while changing some things)

It's a regular day for our friend group, they're all in the bomb shelter wondering why Miss Jenn called them since they were already done with their last musical at East High, while thinking about what they could do at the graduation, while Ricky and EJ were hoping they could finally have their first kiss, due to the many times they got interrupted when they were about to. 

In that moment, Miss Jenn and Mr. Mazzara walk in.

Miss Jenn: I'm glad to see you're all here, we have something very important to tell you *says with a somewhat serious tone*

Mr. Mazzara: *sighs* I know, you're all excited for the graduation.

Everyone started to cheer loud

Mr. Mazzara: be quiet please... but I have to inform you that we could not deliver the payment for the owner of the event venue where it was gonna happen (I don't know if that's what they're called in english, so I just went with a literal translation)

Everyone: what!?

Miss Jenn: there's evidence that shows Antoine and Lily stole the money that you all gave for the payment. (You cannot deny this sounds something they would do... also for oneshot purposes, they're East High students in this.)

Everyone started complaining about it.

Mr. Mazzara: calm down, calm down... Unfortunately, this means that the graduation will have to be cancelled.

The drama club kept complaining about it, not believing that they weren't gonna have a graduation party.

EJ: *stands up* what do you mean it's gonna be cancelled!? This isn't fair!

Ricky: we already deposited the money!

Miss Jenn: I know, we all know... but Antoine and Lily were the ones chosen as the comitee to organize it. (Don't find the logic in this dialogue)

Once again, the club kept complaining, while EJ sat back down frustrated, with Ricky next to him trying to calm him down.

Mr. Mazzara: Quiet please! *everyone stays quiet* we perfectly understand your frustration and we will investigate this. If Antoine and Lily kept the money, they're gonna be expelled and will be forced to return all of the money, up to the last penny.

Miss Jenn: and while this gets sorted out, we could move the graduation to a different date.

Everyone complained again, not caring how many times they have done that already.

Seb: it's not fair, I used all of my savings!

As everyone kept complaining, Miss Jenn and Mr. Mazzara tried to calm them down again, which they did manage after a while.

They left the bomb shelter leaving the drama club in there, sad that they weren't gonna have a graduation, but Mr. Mazzara then came back and stood at the entrance.

Mr. Mazzara: EJ, Ricky, we need your testimonies about everything Antoine and Lily did, could you come with me? (from what I understood about the telenovela, they wanted to know about any sort of thing the two characters (Antoine and Lily in this case) did against the gay couple (Ricky and EJ in this case))

EJ: yeah, sure *EJ and Ricky stand up and leave with Mazzara*

Big Red: *turns to face everyone* and this was gonna be RJ's last dance before Ricky had to move to another town.

Rico: yeah...

Everyone remained quiet for a short moment, before they saw Gina stand up

Gina: *faces everyone* but, we could give them their last dance as a gift. *smiles*

Everyone: how?

Gina: umm... does anyone know of another venue we could use?

Ashlyn: well, my uncle Cash is the owner of a small one here in Salt Lake, he always has the keys with him (for story purpose, Cash does not approve of RJ's relationship)

Nini: but he never showed support towards RJ, so there's no way he'll give us the keys to that venue.

Carlos: unless, we force him to *grins*

Everyone looked at Carlos wondering what he's talking about, to which he simply said to go with him as he left the bomb shelter. Everyone left the school, with Gina and Big Red texting Ricky and EJ about it if they went back, but not mentioning the reason why. They made their way back to Ashlyn's house, still not knowing what Carlos was planning.

Carlos: *faces everyone* we steal the keys to the venue!

Everyone looked a tiny bit shocked, but were ok with the plan, since they didn't have another option.

Nini: but how?

Carlos: you, Ashlyn, will send him a message from your phone, saying something about EJ  asking you to send him the message, where he wants to meet up somewhere, telling you he was right, and that he should understand what he meant.

(If that sounded confusing, the message would look a bit like this: "Uncle Cash, EJ asked me to tell you if you two could meet up this afternoon at the school in the auditorium, he told me that you were right. Not sure what he means by that...". Reason being that the last convo EJ and Cash had through message was about his relationship with Ricky)

Ashlyn: ok, but what if he thinks it's fake?

Carlos: please, that man is more worried about the status than his own son, he won't notice, but if you're worried he asks EJ about it, then tell him that EJ said to not send him a message, that he wants to talk to him face to face.

Ashlyn: ok

Carlos: after we get the keys, Big Red *Big Red looks at Carlos* you, Seb and Kourt will...

Big Red: take care of illumination and the decoration?

Carlos: exactly, if you need help, ask anyone of us and we'll go help. After that we just send a message to Ricky and EJ telling them to get dressed and to meet us there.

Everyone nodded as they agreed with the plan, now they had to pull it off and make sure they got everything.

*LATER THAT DAY*

The plan was looking to go smooth, Ashlyn had sent the message, Cash agreed and was now on his way to the auditorium, as he arrived he saw no one was there, but in reality, some members of the drama club were hidden waiting to tackle Cash and grab the keys.

Cash: ELIJAH? WHERE ARE YOU!? ASHLYN TOLD ME YOU WANTED TO TALK WITH ME ABOUT YOUR "RELATIONSHIP" WITH THAT GAY KID, SO SHOW YOURSELF, NOW!!

Next thing he knows, he got tackled by Kaden and Rico, while Natalie and Nini tied him up so he couldn't do anything to them. Once they tied him up, they quickly looked through his pockets, eventually finding the keys, Kaden handed them to Nini as she sprinted off, while Kaden and Rico put Cash in a chair, holding him, while Natalie tied him to the chair itself.

Cash: LET ME GO!

Natalie: why would we do that? We haven't even given you a better look! *says holding all of the make-up Kourtney gave them* and trust me when I say that my friends and I are gonna make you look incredible *grins*

Natalie handed some make-up to Kaden and Rico, and the three of them started to apply a lot of it on Cash, just to make fun of him because of how ridiculous he'll look.

*LATER THAT NIGHT*

EJ: I still don't get why everyone told us to put on the suits *says looking into a mirror, finishing with his bow tie*

Ricky: I don't get it either, the graduation got cancelled

Mike: who knows, but they're your friends so they probably planned something awesome for you *says as he finishes with Ricky's bow tie*

EJ went and stood next to Ricky after they were both done (if you ask me about the suits, just imagine them with the typical black tuxedos)

Mike: *takes a few steps back* let's see, spin around *RJ slowly spinned around so Mike could see them entirely with the tuxedos* wow! *RJ chuckles*

Ricky: well, I am grateful because *looks at EJ* I love seeing you in a tuxedo. *smiles*

EJ: me too, you look very handsome *smiles*

Mike: ok love birds, you better hurry up before it's too late for you guys! *says smiling*

Ricky and EJ left after telling Mike that they would be back, while Mike said that there was no pressure on what time, just that they make it back safe, so EJ and Ricky got in EJ's car and made their way to the venue.

*MEANWHILE*

All of their friends were already on the finishing touches of the decoration, the only one who still had to do something was Big Red, who was just letting pieces of paper blow away from a fan, to cover the floor with them.

Big Red: this is gonna be incredible guys!

Everyone agreed with him, but soon heard the main door of the venue close, so they quickly hid near the back door, and just as Big Red was done, Ricky and EJ walked in.

EJ: guys?

Ricky: guuuuys?

While Ricky and EJ were looking around the venue for his friends, as well as looking at the decoration, everyone else quickly left through the back door, while not being spotted by Ricky and EJ.

RJ: are you there!?

EJ: anyone!?

Ricky: someone there!?

Right as Ricky asked that, his phone went off, since EJ's phone was turned off, Ricky took out his phone and saw a notification.

Ricky: someone sent a voice message to the groupchat *says looking at EJ*

EJ: play it *walks closer to Ricky*

Voice message: Enjoy it RJ! *says everyone*

In that moment, a video started playing with some of the moments that RJ had gone through, from when they started being friends, to when they finally became boyfriends, and even a short video of a date they had at a park (the video is even weirder in the telenovela). As they kept seeing the video, they slowly started walking towards a small platform/stage that was in the middle of the room, once in the center, the video ended and they looked back at each other.

EJ: w-what is all of this? *shocked*

Ricky: I... I think it's our own gra-graduation *shocked looking at the decorations again*

They looked back at each other and smiled for two different reasons: 1.- That their friends went out of their way to make this for them. 2.- They were happy that they were with each other, able to enjoy this moment. They soon notice that at the edge of the platform were some snacks and two glasses that had a drink that looked like wine, so they grabbed those first.

Ricky: it's wine!? *says shocked*

EJ: no no no it's *smells it* it's grape juice *chuckles* ...who cares, it doesn't matter *smiles*

Ricky: *chuckles* ...let's toast *says holding up the glass*

EJ: for... *looks around* our graduation *chuckles*

Ricky: and... if we toast for our story? *looks at EJ*

EJ: it was... incredible, that we coincided

Ricky: and in the drama club! *not believing it*

They stood silent for a few seconds, then EJ looks up remembering the most crucial part of their story.

EJ: I... I keep remembering the day when we decided to be RJ *smiling*

Ricky: one... of the best days of my life *EJ and Ricky chuckle*

Ricky: ...until now, EJ *stares at him lovingly*

EJ: we definitely, learned a lot in school... and in life.

RJ: together.

Ricky: let's toast, above all, I appreciate having gradutated in love... and not just any love... the love of my life *stares at EJ*

EJ: and... it took us a lot of time *chuckles*

Ricky: I toast, because I found the best partner for class, for team... and for life.

EJ: *nods* and for life.

Ricky: cheers for Elijah James Caswell, a man so talented, determined and dreamer.

EJ: cheers, for Richard Bowen, a man so loyal, tender and protective... that made me see, that love, for it to be true... has to be brave... for our love.

RJ: cheers to us.

They then had a sip of the juice from their glasses, and then gave a bit of their glass to the other (Ricky drinks from his glass and then gives from his glass to EJ, while EJ drinks from his glass and then gives from his glass to Ricky). After that, they leave their glasses in another place, go back to the platform, and start slowdancing, as another decoration suddenly appears (I don't know what they're called, but they're hanging from the ceiling and are placed around RJ)

Ricky: this is magic *smiles* *EJ chuckles*

EJ: you're magic... I feel, a lot of butterflies.

Ricky: I feel the same but... double the amount *chuckles*

They keep staring at each other as they keep slow dancing.

EJ: did you... did you ever think about this?

Ricky and EJ stare deep into the others eyes, not caring about anything else.

Ricky's mind: EJ, this is the moment that I always dreamed of, I love you with all my heart.

EJ's mind: Ricky, you are the love that I always needed *"says" while occasionally looking at Ricky's lips* with all of my being... my Ri... we won't wait any longer...

In that moment, EJ slowly starts to lean into Ricky's face, as Ricky lets him get closer to his face, the get real close, and right in that moment...

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

And that's it! that's the end of the oneshot, so you'll have to wait for the next one in order to have RJ's first kiss, despite the possibility that it could be a very short oneshot.

So I hope you enjoyed this one, pitchforks and torches to chase me are on your right, anything else to your left, and I am going to vanish as soon as I stop talking.

See you on the next one!

did you actually believe what I said, or you kept scrolling? because if you kept scrolling the answer is still the same, RJ's first kiss is going to be until the next oneshot *vanishes*

(ok, I was joking here's the rest of the oneshot!)

In that moment, EJ slowly starts to lean into Ricky's face, as Ricky lets him get closer to his face, the get real close, and right in that moment...

Their lips finally met, in their first kiss ever.

It was just as magical as they thought it would be, but increased by 10, despite the fact they hated the constant interruptions, they were very glad that it ended up being in a very special occasion. After a few moments, they broke the kiss, due to the air, and just stared at each other.

EJ imagined what it would be like in a future, and subconsciously chuckled and smiled, and right after he came back from his imagination he had one thing to ask to Ricky.

EJ: Ri... you want to stay- *Ricky interrupts him by placing his fingers on EJ's lips*

Ricky: I want to stay for the rest of my life.

As soon as he said that, EJ and Ricky smiled again, and went in for another kiss, enjoying the moment and the "graduation" their friends had made for them.

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

ok, NOW it's the end of the oneshot, the only reason I did that was because the moment the two boys were about to kiss in the telenovela, the episode finished right there, and people had to wait for the finale to see it (but I've heard it was worth it since the finale actually had two kiss scenes with them)

Now, if I'm honest, some of the dialogues here seem a bit... weird, because I had to translate them, and I'm not that really good at it (believe it or not) so I apologize if something didn't make sense.

But anyways, I hope you enjoyed this. I originally intended to write one yesterday for Valentine's day, but I didn't have time ("didn't have time" being I slept through most of the day) so instead I decided to go with this... which will probably be the only oneshot where I end up adapting an episode from a telenovela. (By the way, if someone who's reading this, actually knows where this is from despite the changes that I ended up doing at some parts, then I applaud you for figuring it out)

See you on the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.7K 760 24
RickyxEJ oneshots for high school musical the series fans.
9.7K 248 11
To keep it simple it's HSMTMTS but just with Ricky not being able to say I love you to E.J.
38.1K 997 18
the title says it all :) feel free to leave requests in the comments or via dm!
3.1K 137 31
Just a bunch of random ideas I decided to make into oneshots.