She's a Challenge | 5sos AU

Από Liadne_14

"You're a challenge I gladly accept." He smiled. Lola Heart, a complex girl that no one has really figured ou... Περισσότερα

Prologue
Heartless Lola
Get a Clue
Lost
Group Therapy
Not A Date
Shots
Mr. Popular
A Challenge
No Option
Never Have I Ever
Fairness
Mission
Space
Thief
No Fighting
Probable Regret
The Reason
Advice
Repairing A Friendship
No Scars
Fights and Scolding
Muffins and Awkward Feelings
No Simplicity
Insecurities
Progress
Walking And Talking
Sweet Victory
Appearance
Ideas
Broken Promise
Banners and Stuffed Penguins
Day Gone Wrong
Troubles
What Falls, Breaks
A Day With Lulu
Comfort
Threats
Problems
Fortune Cookies
Broken
Time
New Start
Champagnes and Past Lovers
Epilogue
A/N

Revelation

865 43 6
Από Liadne_14

Chapter 39: Revelations

"He almost found out?" Mikey asked as I pulled out my history textbook. Lucky for me that Luke had to stay at Calum's today to comfort him. Sadly, I was left with Mikey and Piper. Stupid Calum. Faggot.

"Because I slipped out about getting high last year." I slammed my locker shut and banged my head against it. "This boy will be the death of me."

"You have to tell him eventually. I mean, you can't hide this forever."

I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Piper walked up to us with a new streak in her hair. Mikey's hair was a fresh new color of blue. "Did you two get your hair done together or something?" I asked.

"We actually had to sit on opposite sides of the room. But we did it before we picked you up yesterday," Piper said with a smile.

I didn't even notice it yesterday. Maybe, because I wasn't paying attention to them. I was too busy looking at the pictures and the note. "Explains why I was there for two hours," I muttered.

"You wanted to be there, you know it," Michael smirked, throwing his arm around Piper.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"You're still looking, right?" Piper asked.

"I'm not going to stop and keeping me behind bars won't make me either." I pushed off my locker and began to walk to first period.

"But what happens if he does find out before we find the guy?" Mikey asked.

"We already know who the guy is, we just need evidence," I reminded him.

"Okay. What if he finds out before we give the police the evidence?"

I shrugged and continued walking to class. They caught up with me and Mikey still had a confused look. Max walked up next to me and I just rolled my eyes. If Luke was here, he'd yell at the bitch to go away. If only.

"Hey Lola," he greeted with a smile.

"Go away, Max." I waved him off.

"Can we at least be friends. I mean, I did help you with your promposal."

I stoppedd walking and stared at him. He better not be blackmailing me. "What's that suppose to mean?" I snapped, crossing my arms.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." He takes in a breath then exhales a few seconds later. "Can we be friends?"

"Why would I be friends with someone who hurt my sister?"

"I didn't mean to hurt her, breaking up with her was a mistake."

"Doesn't matter, you still did. Why would I be friend with someone who did that? Who beat up my boyfriend? Who ruined the best relationship my sister ever had? Why would I be friends with a person who hurt the people I care about?" I waited for his answer, but he was speechless. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Bye Max."

"Lola, please? I'm sorry I did all of that. I really want to be friends, even with Lulu."

"Stay away from her," I snapped. "And how dare you tell her about Calum. I know you want her back, but it doesn't mean you can screw up what makes her happy!" I pounced at him.

"Okay, Lola," Mikey said holding me back. "You should leave," he said to Max as he carried me to class. Piper followed quickly, telling Mikey to put me down.

"Michael, she's fine now," she said once we were outside my history class.

"If I put her down, she could run and kill the bitch."

I rolled my eyes and punched his back. "Put me down," I ordered.

"Fine," he sighed, setting me on my feet.

I fixed clothes then slapped his arm. "Don't do that, ever."

"Sorry, but you could've been arrested. Remember, his brother is a cop."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "Whatever. I need you to take Calum and Luke out tonight, so Piper and I can use his system to hack into the police station."

"Tonight?" He rubbed the back of his head.

"Yeah? Is there a problem?" I snapped. He knows how much this means to me, what's so important to him that he can't do what I ask?

"Piper and I were actually going to have a day to ourselves, since . . . you know . . . "

"We can do it another time, Michael," Piper said, grabbing his hand. "Lola needs this."

He nodded. "Fine, I'll take them out."

"T-thanks," I said, trying to get it out of my mouth.

"Did you just thank me?" He laughed.

"Shut up," I said then walked into my class.

When I got to Luke's, he was sitting on the couch playing FIFA. Calum just sat on the floor with the controller on the coffee table and just push the buttons with one finger. He wasn't even trying, at some point he laid on the floor curled up, hugging his legs.

"I would make fun of that," I said, sitting next to Luke.

He kissed my head and let me lie on his chest. "He's been doing that a lot. After we cleared his place, we came here to play. It's not as fun as it use to be."

I heard Calum mutter things. He was picking at the carpet, still curled up on the floor. Luke turned off the game and sat Calum on the couch. It didn't make anything better, Calum curled up into a ball again and kept to himself. The sight of him was depressing.

"I've tried everything," Luke said, sitting back down. "I hate seeing him like this."

"It's Max's fault. That bitch doesn't know how to mind his own damn business," I snapped. "He tried talking to me today."

He raised a brow. "What did he say?"

"He wants to be friends, but I told him off."

"Stay away from him," he demanded.

I rolled my eyes. "I know." I grabbed Calum and wrapped my arm around both of them. "Get ready, you two are going out." I smiled.

"Where?" Calum muttered.

"You, Mikey, Luke, and Ash are going out," I answered.

"To do what?" Luke asked.

"You," I poked his dimple. "Are going to buy a phone."

"But I like your phone," he complained.

I rolled my eyes and pulled my arms away from them. "You're getting your own phone."

"Okay," he held his hands up in surrender. "What else are we going to do?" He smiled at me.

"Prom is in two days and you still don't have a tux."

"I'm going to barrow from my dad," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist then kissed my cheek. "We'll hang out at the pub, have a guys night out."

"Whatever, just make sure you two won't drink. Or else you'll be more depressed then you're going to be tomorrow," I pointed at Calum. "And you're going to sleep in your room alone," I pointed at Luke.

"Why are you getting mad at me?" Luke chuckled.

"Because you stayed home with him all day and left me with Mikey and Piper. They were talking about hair colors," I shivered at the nightmare.

He laughed, getting up to go to the kitchen. Calum was hugging the pillow and staring at who knows what. I shoved him a little, but he didn't do anything. It's stupid for me to say, but I kind of feel sorry for him. Calum didn't deserve that. I hope after tonight, he'll feel better.

"You better have fun tonight," I poked him.

"Why do you care?" He muttered.

"Because you're the only one I can stand out of Lulu's boyfriends."

He rolled his eyes and cracked a smile. "Good to know."

"But that's not the only reason why I'm forcing you guys to go out tonight."

"Then why are you doing it?"

"I need your system. I found a lead and we're going to need your computer to follow it."

"We?"

"Me and Piper. I'm still trying to get Lulu to help."

"Have you talked to her?" He muttered.

"She doesn't want to talk to me, she's still mad about hiding it from her." She ignored me when I tried to get her attention. I bothered her all day, trying to talked to her about the whole situation. She snapped at me.

"I don't want to talk to you, Lola. You lied and kept a big thing from me. You know how much I hate smokers and you should've told me right when you found out about it."

She didn't let me respond, she walked off to her class. She avoided me the rest of the day. I didn't try to other her anymore, she made it loud and clear that she's pissed and needs space.

"She's still mad." He nodded.

"Of course she's mad. It's not like she'd forget about it over night and everything will be better." If only she did forget about it.

"I wish she did. I fucked up and I don't know how to get her back," he muttered.

I rolled my eyes. "Here's what you're going to do. First, you're going to give me your keys." I held my hand out. He rolled his eyes and shoved the keys into my hands. "Second, you're going to stop wallowing here and go out to the pub. Then tomorrow, you'll march up right to her and tell her you're fucking sorry for lying to her."

"What if-"

"Shut the fuck up. No buts, no what if's." I pocketed his keys and stood up. I walked into the kitchen and found Luke gripping the sink. "What's wrong?"

He turned around and walked to the island. He picked up an envelope and spilled the context out of the bag. The same thing Mikey gave to me.

In case you lost the original. Same hand writing.

"How did you get that?" I asked.

"It came through the mail slot," he muttered, passing me to go upstairs.

"Luke," I called out, following him. "Luke wait." He shut his door on me. I stood there, shocked that he did that to me. "Luke!" I banged on the door, turning the knob as if it could magically open if I keep doing it.

"Give me a moment," he said. I can hear his footsteps go back and forth.

"Open the door," I said, still knocking and pushing the door.

"I said give me a moment!" He yelled.

"Luke, open the door."

"Fucking shit, Lola." He yanked the door open and stood there, angry at me. "What!"

"How much did you see?" I asked.

"Enough to know that you're going out with us tonight," he snapped.

"Someone's blackmailing me. So what? It's not like they're going to go through with it."

"It doesn't matter. You can go to jail now that they have evidence." He reminded me.

"So what? As long as I catch this guy, going to jail doesn't matter to me."

"But it matters to me!" He paused and paced his breath. "You know, I worry about you every single day, praying you won't sneak off to do something illegal once you walk out that door? I'm thankful that you're in my arms every night. I don't want to see you behind bars."

"Then breakup with me."

He blinked a few times then shook his head. "You can't be serious."

"I am."

He shook his head. "No, you're not."

"I am. Breakup with me so you don't have to be worried all the time. You know that I'm nothing but a headache and now I'm a fugitive. So break up with me so you don't have to bail me out of jail!" I snapped.

"Is that what this is about, you're hiding it, because you think I'm bothered by you?"

"You don't want me, Luke. No one ever does. My own mom didn't want me! Everyone just leaves me!"

"Of course I want you and I would never leave you."

"You will one day. Everyone does," I muttered.

"No, I won't, because I want you in my life."

I shook my head. "No, you don't. Nobody wants me in their life."

"I'm a nobody and I want you."

"Why?'

"I want you, because I love you, Heart."

I blinked my tears away, still shaking my head. "No, you don't."

"Stop saying that," he snapped. He sighed and grabbed my hands. "I love you, Lola. I know you love me too."

"I didn't want to fall for you," I whispered.

"Why didn't you want to?"

"Because everything that falls, breaks."

"Then don't fall in love, be in love."

(A/N): I'm so sorry that I didn't update yesterday. I had baccalaureate mass and had dinner with my family. I just finished high school last week and I'm studying for my college classes.

I graduate next week and I'm excited, but also scared. I don't want my friends to leave and I love hanging out with them. Friendship is important people, so some times you need to close the Wattpad app and socialize with your friends. Treasure them, because one day you'll seperate from each other and wished you spent more time hanging with them.

Six more chapters people and then She's A Challenge will be over. Don't worry I'll have an epilogue. I think you'll hate me in the next few chapters.

Comment if you're a Luke girl. I'm a die hard Luke girl, if you haven't noticed. 5 seconds of summer is life and I love them. Even though Ashton has a beautiful girlfriend that he loves to be with. *cries internally* I'll still love them if they find a girlfriend and it's not me.

Comment, Vote, and/or Follow.

Also follow me on my social media's, they all have the same username @liadne14.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

120 0 20
After a tragic change in her life, she's gotta find a place where she belongs. Her group of friends try to help her, but one tries more then the othe...
162K 4.7K 40
Rebellious ,rich, bad boy, Luke Hemmings is forced by his dad to live with his mum, in Sydney, for the summer in hopes to change his attitude. When...
2.8K 105 32
He was the bad boy she was the good girl both different but the same in many ways she didn't like him but he liked her She kept her distance not want...
142K 3.2K 44
Juliet is a teenage girl who gets bullied by four douches, but mostly by a guy with the name of Luke Hemmings. They somewhat have a strong hatred for...