Desert • Flower | TaeJin || B...

By Kuma__Kuroko

"I've lived surrounded by dirt, no matter how hard I tried it was just dirt.... And you came along! To be the... More

I. Lost and confused child
II. He who longs for flowers
III. Realizing what is important
IV. Understand that you have a family
V. Give goodbyes and welcomes
VI. Being aware of the arid desert
VII. Finding a flower about to wilt
VIII. First words to be spoken
IX. Fear of a possible error
X. Knowing a little more about the strange lord
XI. A charmingly mysterious creature
XII. Gifts for good deeds
XIII. To be able to sleep in peace
XIV. Instincts that remain alive
XV. To protect them all
XVI. Not so desirable solutions
XVII. Peace resumed in the desert
XVIII. Unwanted and unexpected visits
XIX. The rose under the ground
XX. Firmness and protection
XXI. A little more closeness between the two
XXII. Caring the sad soul
XXIII A depressing and silent night
XXIV. Similar to its best days
XXV. Need to give honor
XXVI. Something inevitable
XXVII. Making an effort to heal
XXVIII. What has hurt the most
XXIX. Contact and necessary appreciation
XXX. Happiness that cannot last
XXXI. Support that helps to believe
XXXII. One weight less
XXXIII. The past that does not hurt, but soothes
XXXIV. Talk about what they do not know
XXXV. The nymphs of the forest do not cease to play
XXXVII. Entering a period of peace and joy
XXVIII. To need help due to other people's foolishness
XXXIX. Healing the wounded and marking the path of light
XL. Disturbing concerns
XLI. Voiceless little ones among vultures
XLII. Additions to the complicated equation
XLIII. Endless bad news
XLIV. Speaking of the past he did not see
XLV. The flower of the cruelest desert

XXXVI. Peace in all households

4 1 0
By Kuma__Kuroko

The month at the palace went by very quickly. He was able to get along with Agust. As much as possible in striking contrast to the other nobles who have ever come here. For Taehyung it became a sad place even without intending to, hiding it perfectly, he can see that all the nobles inside those walls and those who most circulate them, are very broken and pitiful people.

All frightened of silence, setting fountains, leaving doors creaking as they slide, wind chimes. The one he considered most alien to that normality is Namjoon. As Jin said, the least affected in the situation with the emperor and who clearly, never had him bothering him in any way. However, in Jungkook, Taehyung saw something that seems to only be noticed by Jimin.

The fact that he adopts as much puppy and dog as he can to train it to feel that there is someone who cares for it. He wonders what his backstory would be to want something like that. It's tender and depressing at the same time. Taehyung saw him during very early evenings and mornings teaching canines how to behave, when to attack and so on.

Agust is very quiet, just like Jin when he first came home.

Jimin keeps a loving, kind and perfect gesture like Jin, pretending that everything is fine.

They are a darkened, dull and depressing family.

"My lord, you're going to suffocate me." says Jin without understanding the reason why Taehyung hugs him so tightly. The lord gives him a kiss on his neck.

"I just want to show you all my love."

"It's going to kill me."

"What a dramatic kisaeng I have." Taehyung jokes, smiling and half-opening his eyes.

Fortunately they are already leaving and he shouldn't leave Jin wasting away with them.

~ * * * ~

"Do you miss Jimin already? I don't think I've seen you so talkative." comments Taehyung in the car. Jin plays with the sleeves of his clothes. A hanbok gift from Agust. Green cloth with pink embroidery and a dwikkoji along with jade tteoljam to decorate his hair.

"I just think how happy I am that I got to see them again. That they're alive, well... I wish I could say I see them happy."

Taehyung purses his lips. He would say that between them they can understand what they are suffering from. A sort of peculiar and unwelcome ability to overlook the masks they wear even among themselves. Jin gives a deep sigh and looks out the window. It'll be a long time before they get home."

"I wish I was able to do something to help them, but... I don't even know how to help myself when I'm choking on my flowers."

"You have no duty to help them. I already told you that."

"When Empress Eunji ended her life, I couldn't understand why she did it. Why she did not flee. Her family would have welcomed her without hesitation, many friends, many people would have supported her... she decided to die instead of seeking that support" Jin comments, he licks his lips and looks towards Taehyung. "Maybe my dear empress didn't want to carry this guilt that I carry: to have run away because she can't stand it anymore, but leaving behind those who had her as a support."

"Jin, please-"

"She would have left without Agust, because if she tried to take him out, they wouldn't leave her alone; she didn't want to be seen suffering. She would have thrown everything away and run away alone... and the guilt would eat her alive. Maybe I should have done the same and then I wouldn't feel this way," Jin concluded, much to Taehyung's chagrin.

They didn't talk much that week, Taehyung didn't want to talk bad, angry about Jin's negative way of seeing him. He thought that bad mania was gone. Unfortunately, it will continue to stick to him inevitably.

~ * * * ~

"From now on I have an alliance with the emperor" Taehyung announces at the gathering of nobles in the area where he lives. The sixteen men exclaim in surprise. Some displeased, some pleased, and overall, a reaction filled with shock. "My main request was to keep what belongs to us, plus not to suffer reprisals for "holding" Japanese."

"You have Japanese people?!"

"I gave them asylum for years. They will decide whether to leave or stay here. I offered to be a stop for those who want to return to their country" Jin pours him more tea and Taehyung takes a sip. "The truce with Japan is going to improve accordingly to how we treat your people. That's why I saw fit to accept the proposal."

"It's stupid. I don't want Japanese rats on my land," one of the nobles retorts. "They are nothing but parasites who caused our worst time."

"Let them leave if they want to, but don't expect me to have pity or sympathy for them even." says another.

"Having such a trusting relationship with the emperor is beneficial," opines Lord Choi thoughtfully. "Not to say that the Japanese have proven to be quite cooperative when you reach out to them. To those who need and want help, really" he clarifies and Taehyung nods agreement. "You can count on me for that and if in your estimation the emperor is worth the trouble, I will consider writing to him personally."

"Lord Choi, it can't be that he would actually consider something like this" Another nobleman fights and Taehyung stares at him. He's one of those who didn't accept when he became heir. "Less so with an emperor like the one we have Haven't you heard the news coming from the capital! He beheads those who disagree with him! More nobles have...!"

"Unhappy and perverted nobles who didn't even wait for the sixteen year old kisaengs to rape them" Lord Choi interrupts with displeasure. "Yes, I consider him to be a cruel and extremist emperor, however how else is the shit left by the previous emperor going to be fixed? If not with a hard and bloody hand, this empire is going to end in ruin."

"With all due respect," Jin interjects gently, a soft harmonious murmur instantly soothing. "We were allowed to read about those who were executed. They all had the opportunity to stop their trades, based on the sale of slaves and prostitution of Japanese and Chinese. Causing a break in the agreement with both countries. In case of being evidenced, the war would start against both of us and it would be the end of us" Jin clarifies with his hands in his lap. "I understand the displeasure, but there are few options left."

"Barely finished the war" comments Taehyung putting the cup down. "Change is hard to bear. The best thing to do is to accept them, not fight against them."

Few remain convinced. Taehyung considers it enough that Lord Choi mulled it over at least a little from the practical and realistic side of the matter.

~ * * * ~

"We don't want to go back! We can stay here, working for you as we have been."

"This has become our home."

"Please let us stay."

"We have nothing there, we don't want to go back."

Taehyung looks around in some panic. He thought that by informing them that they could return to Japan, that their land is ready to receive them one hundred percent, they would want to return Not that they would be whining in very awkward Korean that they prefer to stay here! That they consider it their home. Taehyung bites his lips and gives a nervous pout.

"I don't want you all to feel imprisoned here, you can go back to their country, have light, better homes than what they have done here. I promise to help them transport there. The emperor himself will provide me with ships for them to travel safely.... Could you give it some thought as to what to do?"

Although Taehyung receives a positive response to that, there is not much certainty and Taehyung fears that genuinely, they want to stay here. He's got land, but not enough for the bunch of people crammed in here. Not to mention, he doesn't want to leave them underground like they need to hide either.

"They're not going to leave. This has become their home. It's a sanctuary" Jin rejoins as they exit the cave. They don't need to close it anymore, kids come in and out, just like the Japanese. They even get along well with the Taehyung workers. "With more effort, they will be able to speak Korean and stay here. Have their families... By the way, my lord, you should think better how you talk to the nobles. At this rate, you will only have one ally. A suggestion, nothing more," he says, not having had the chance. Taehyung doesn't pay much attention to him, thoughtful.

"How do I keep them? I don't have room and-"

Taehyung stops and looks to the right, clasping his hands together and putting them in front of his face. There is unclaimed territory near his. Lots and lots of acres. He can ask for them from the state, justifying that he will then be able to give more support to the crown. The Japanese would be there living their lives, he would support them with fertile land all the time, leave a subway space for them to hide if necessary and end of business!

"Have you thought of it yet?" questions Jin with an amused smile, almost relieved that Taehyung came up with it on his own. Taehyung nods his head. "I'll go get some paper, something tells me you want to send a message. my lord."

Taehyung smiles square, sweeps it up and walks around a few times with Jin in his arms. The children giggle and come over to play equally with the master of the house. Finding it cute and funny that he plays with the pink-haired boy who gives them so many flowers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 373 27
ꜱᴛᴀᴛᴜꜱ: ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ ❝𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚢𝚎𝚝 𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚍.❞ ~𝙴𝚕𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚝 𝙷𝚞𝚋𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚍 ꜰʟᴜꜰ...
131K 7K 39
Kim Seokjin is living in hell with his abusive husband. He wants to escape and is willing to do anything to restart his life somewhere else. Jeon Jun...
98K 5.9K 20
Taehyung had been living with his 'fiance' for a good time and is to be engaged in a month when this one guy walks into his life. What happens then? ...
564 44 32
"The world always revolves around him: a charming prince, selfish like no other, more beautiful than anyone else and only desires what he doesn't hav...