𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓉𝓁ℯ 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝓅ℯ𝓇𝒻ℯ...

By sakuratetsu

↬∙∙ in which Akaashi Keiji finds himself intrigued with the girl who thinks she needs to be perfect and he's... More

Sunday
Monday
Monday part 2
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

Wednesday

1.1K 29 23
By sakuratetsu

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

THE FIRST THING AKAASHI NOTICES IS YOUR BAD MOOD. You don't smile as you walk by the corridor, your hands holding tightly the textbook that you hug close to your chest. Your eyes staring into the void, your mind too occupied to focus on your surroundings. People walk past you, their brows furrowed at the never seen version of you. It's like you suddenly didn't care what they think about you and Keiji cannot ignore that.

-Good morning. -he greets you, a gentle smile on his lips. You nod your head in his direction without saying a word. Only making him worried even more.

Has something happened? Is he allowed to ask? Or will you tell him once you're ready to do so? With how close you got over the last week he feels like sooner or later you will spill your guts. He just doesn't like seeing you in this state for long. His eyes burn a hole in the side of your head, your face in your notebook, or turned away in order to avoid his gaze.

You need to get your thoughts straight by the end of the day. The tension between you and him only rising with each break that you do not speak a word to your deskmate. Keiji doesn't leave your side until the very end of the day. He even texts Bokuto to make sure he doesn't come by to bother you. Worried that he might only make things worse.

You two eat lunch in complete silence, the only sounds filling out the classroom being chewing and loud gulps of swallowing water.

-Akaashi-san.- you whisper from above your sandwich that you barely started. A knot in your stomach too painful to allow you to eat. The tight feeling in your chest burning.

-So she speaks.- he says tilting his head slightly to get a better look on your face. Your eyes shift slowly from the board to him.

-I... I have a request for you... -you pigue his interest immediately as he leans a little closer.- My parents... They would like to invite you to dinner today. -your eyes waver from his eyes to his lips as you once again turn your face away. Your fingers nervously playing with the hem of your shirt.

-Oh... -his brows furrow just slightly.- Is that what you've been worrying about the whole day? I'll gladly accept. But how do they even know about me? -he asks and you feel mixed emotions. You're glad he'll come but at the same time you don't want him to. You just know this will not be good.

-They... They've seen you walk me home twice.- you say quietly, goosebumps covering your arms when you replay the moments in your mind. He hasn't done anything inappropriate, you think with a little ease. How troublesome would it be if they saw him too close or with his hands on you.

-I see. -Akaashi nods his head.- You can stop worrying then, at what time I should be in your house?

-Um... seven. -you bite your lower lip a little too hard, a drop of blood coming out of your cut lower lip that you're quick to wipe away.- It's not that I was afraid to ask you... -your fingers tap on the desk nervously.- It's what my parents will say is making me fear that... that you'll just walk away from whatever is this between us. -you sigh deeply, the heaviness taken off your chest just slightly. Calling your friendship "whatever" may be a little harsh you think but you don't want to look stupid by putting there something that only you feel is right.

-I won't.- he assures you.- No matter what your parents will say, I'm by your side. You're fun to be around, L/N. I want to see your frustrated face when something doesn't go as planned more often.

-Hey, that's not really nice! -you scoff looking at him. Your arms crossed.- That doesn't happen much you know!

-It seems to happen a lot when I'm around, so let's keep it that way.- he sends a wink your way and you feel your face heat up at this rather simple gesture.

-We should go over the rules for tonight's dinner.- you say shifting in your seat so you're facing him. You watch his lips part as if he's about to say something but you quickly put your hand over his mouth to stop him.- These are not made to be broken. -you say with a serious expression and you can feel him smirking into your palm before you take your hand back.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Your hands shake a little as you move around the kitchen helping your mother preparing the meal. Or it's more like you're the one cooking, like you have been for the past few years. Not that your mother doesn't know how to do it but why should she if she has a daughter who's a perfect cook?

Rule number one: Don't be late.

Your father absolutely hates that so your eyes keep wavering to the clock on the wall.

-He still has five minutes. -you murmur to yourself. He lives on the other side of the road, he can't be late. The sound of the doorbell snaps you out of your thoughts.- Oh this, must be him.

Your parents are the one's to greet him as you split the dish onto four plates, the steam rising from it as the smell spreads around the house.

-Good evening.- Keiji's voice reaches your ears.- I'm Akaashi Keiji. Thank you for inviting me. -he introduces himself as you set down the plates on the table, finally being able to see him standing in the front door.- I brought these for you, madam.- he hands your mother a small bouquet.

-Thank you, Akaashi.- she smiles gently and Akaashi can't help but smile too. He knows exactly whose smile you have inherited.- Please come in, I'll find a vase for those.

He takes a step in, leaving the shoes on the side. You eye his outfit. More formal than casual.

Rule number two: Dress formal but it doesn't have to be a suit.

You know it's a little weird. It's not a date or a business meeting. You don't know what this is actually supposed to be but your mom taught you to always dress nicely no matter what occasion. That's why you also wear dresses or skirts on your days off. Looking as if you're trying too hard just for anyone.

-You look nice.- you say quietly to Akaashi as he hands you his jacket. Your eyes stuck on his white collared shirt and black dress pants.

-So do you.- he says looking at your apron. You turn around, your back facing him.- You want me to take it off? -the tip or your ears sting at the sentence, a lewd thought in your mind as you shake your head to get rid of it.

-Thank you.- you say when he unties the knot on the back. You quickly hang it in the kitchen. Your father shows Akaashi around, clrealy cluesses that the boy has been here before. They all pick their seats, your parents on one side of the table, leaving the other two for you and your guest.

Your dad slides the chair out for your mother and she sits down. Akaashi copies the gesture towards you as you give him a gentle smile in return.

Rule number three: Savior-vivre is really important. Don't drop the honorifics unless allowed to.

Each rule only made Akaashi understand your behavior more. The rules forming your personality throughout the years, as you followed them strickly. You wait for both your parents and Akaashi to try out the food before you dig in your plate.

-It's delicious.- Akaashi praises, wiping the corner of his mouth with a napkin.

-Y/N always gives her best. -your mom says, her lips tinted slightly red from the wine she took a sip of.

-Not always. -your dad's stern voice makes you shiver.- She still needs to improve her grades.

-L/N-san is one of the best in our class.- Akaashi says straightening his back.- It's impressive since she moved here a week ago, most people would be failing already.

-But she's not the best.- your father looks at Keiji, their eyes locking as you shift in your seat.

-She doesn't have to. -Keiji adds and you feel your heart beating faster. The sense of upcoming disaster making your head throb. Silence fills out the room as everyone digs into their plate. Once they are empty the conversation goes on.

-So Akaashi-san.- your father once more focuses on the boy on your left.- What are your intentions towards my daughter?

-Father... Akaashi-san and I aren't dat... -you begin to explain to straighten things out but Akaashi's hand on your knee under the table makes you shut up in a second.

-We're friends for now.- he says calmly.- Although, your daughter is an incredible woman. Smart and caring. I'm sure she'll be an amazing girlfriend and wife in the future.

-You shall know, that she doesn't have time for boys now.- you watch your father's hand grip the glass a little tighter.

-It looks like she doesn't have much time for anything except studying. -you take a deep breath in, your eyes stuck on the empty plate before you.- She's clearly doing too much. I'd call it overworking herself even, Sir.

-She's working hard to have a better future. -the anger in your father's voice sends goosebumps down your body. Akaashi's hand squeezes on your knee but it doesn't calm you down.- It's what she wants too. Shouldn't you support her, as her friend? -he tries to intimidate Keiji but the boy stands his ground.

-I'll support her real dreams if she allows me to. -he says, your hand sliding under the table to squeeze his and heart skipping a beat when he returns the gesture.- And if she chooses the right path for her as well.

-I see.- your dad taps his fingers on the table pondering over Keiji's words while your mother keeps quiet.- As long as it's nothing time waisting like music, we'll support her too.

Keiji lips part to say something and break the most important rule you have set for this evening.

Do not out my secret.

So he bites down his lip, trying to hold himself back but it's hard. He doesn't quite understand why is your father acting so harsh towards his own child. Why isn't your mom supporting your dreams. How can they just let you turn into someone you're not?

-It's getting late.- you notice quietly and your mom nods her head agreeing.

-You both have school tomorrow. We should call it a night.

-I'll walk you to the door. -you say getting up from your chair.- Ah I should give you a piece of dessert to go. -you hurry to the kitchen, leaving Akaashi alone with your parents. Your dad staring into his emerald eyes.

-Please don't distract my daughter from making the right decisions. -he says in a low voice.

-I'm helping her to make the right decisions, Sir. -Keiji responds, a smile on his lips as you walk back from the kitchen.- It was really nice meeting you. -he says bowing.

They don't follow you two to the door, your dad still in his seat while your mom gathers up the dirty dishes. You hand Akaahi his jacket and you quickly put on your shoes. As the door lock loudly behind you, you let out all the air you've been holding in. You keep your back pressed on the wooden surface.

-Thank you for trying to be my hero tonight.- you say quietly, reaching out the container with a pie inside for him to take.- I had a feeling this would be a disaster. I'm sorry they assumed we're together.

-That doesn't bother me.- he assures you quickly and your eyes crash into his eyes.- I might have angered your father, I'm sorry if you'll get in trouble because of that.

-I'll manage.- you smile fainlty.- Nothing I haven't done for the past years.

-That's not good to hear.- he shakes his head, your eyes focus on your shoes.- See you tomorrow at school?

-Definetly.

You watch him walk away, giving a small wave goodbye as you get ready for the talk that is about to happen. You now that it will not be pleasant. But you can handle it. You have to.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

446 23 16
↳ 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒂𝒐𝒃𝒂 𝒋𝒐𝒉𝒔𝒂𝒊 𝒗𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒚𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉�...
8.5K 427 19
{completed} after committing a grave sin, a single soul has to enter the body of l/n y/n to prove themselves before being allowed to reincarnate agai...
9.6K 367 17
𝐈 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄 ⤷ IN WHICH JUST A FEW WORDS LEADS INTO A RELATIONSHIP THEY DIDN'T SEE COMING ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ AKAASHI X FEM! READER ST...
9.3K 460 12
⤷ ❘ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 [name] can communicate with her soulmate through her mind. "i'll make lots of friends. that's probably what you...