Wednesday

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

THE FIRST THING AKAASHI NOTICES IS YOUR BAD MOOD. You don't smile as you walk by the corridor, your hands holding tightly the textbook that you hug close to your chest. Your eyes staring into the void, your mind too occupied to focus on your surroundings. People walk past you, their brows furrowed at the never seen version of you. It's like you suddenly didn't care what they think about you and Keiji cannot ignore that.

-Good morning. -he greets you, a gentle smile on his lips. You nod your head in his direction without saying a word. Only making him worried even more.

Has something happened? Is he allowed to ask? Or will you tell him once you're ready to do so? With how close you got over the last week he feels like sooner or later you will spill your guts. He just doesn't like seeing you in this state for long. His eyes burn a hole in the side of your head, your face in your notebook, or turned away in order to avoid his gaze.

You need to get your thoughts straight by the end of the day. The tension between you and him only rising with each break that you do not speak a word to your deskmate. Keiji doesn't leave your side until the very end of the day. He even texts Bokuto to make sure he doesn't come by to bother you. Worried that he might only make things worse.

You two eat lunch in complete silence, the only sounds filling out the classroom being chewing and loud gulps of swallowing water.

-Akaashi-san.- you whisper from above your sandwich that you barely started. A knot in your stomach too painful to allow you to eat. The tight feeling in your chest burning.

-So she speaks.- he says tilting his head slightly to get a better look on your face. Your eyes shift slowly from the board to him.

-I... I have a request for you... -you pigue his interest immediately as he leans a little closer.- My parents... They would like to invite you to dinner today. -your eyes waver from his eyes to his lips as you once again turn your face away. Your fingers nervously playing with the hem of your shirt.

-Oh... -his brows furrow just slightly.- Is that what you've been worrying about the whole day? I'll gladly accept. But how do they even know about me? -he asks and you feel mixed emotions. You're glad he'll come but at the same time you don't want him to. You just know this will not be good.