THIS SIDE THAT SIDE

Galing kay Magicalpenner

What if you get a chance to add colours of happiness to your most favourite fictional character? Sunaina belo... Higit pa

My Hero Arjun
Trapped
Celebrating Destiny
A Reality Hard to Define
Partial Revelation
Your Eyes Tell
Calm in the Wilderness
FRIENEMY
Unsealed Wounds
The Challenge
The Confrontation
Chanced Encounter?
Forever
Author's note
Shards of Doubt
Ray of Light
Hold Onto Me
Beating Hearts
Lost in You
Stay... Please
Longing in my dream
Is it true?
Vows and Trust
Rain or Tears?
Truth and Reasoning
Wish Upon a Star
Valentine's day Special: Promise
VDay Special pt2 and special announcement: Closer
High Time
Light to your Birth
Disappearance
Identity
Accusations
End of your demise
Happy Ending?
Tied to You
Your Bride to be
Colored in your Color
Farewell my beloved
Finale: My Paradise

You are my Saviour

32 13 18
Galing kay Magicalpenner

Arjun's POV

I opened my eyes on hearing the faint footsteps walking towards me. I recalled how Sunaina left my room to handle some private matter of hers. Moments after she left, the nurses brought my dinner and then I didn't even realise when on earth I actually dozed off. My vision was still blurry but I was able to make out that a well built man in his oversized lab coat was about to inject something inside my saline.

Must be some daily. I thought to myself. I was about to close my eyes again when I suddenly heard a familiar voice shouting at the doctor.

"No one can hurt him! Not until I am alive." My vision got clearer and I saw a fiery yet scared Sunaina. The next thing I saw was that when the doctor turned around at her, Sunaina was all ready in a fighting stance. What is going on? Why is she acting like this? She does know that he is a doctor right? My mind was getting confused. I tried to get up when suddenly, the man spoke. "It's useless kid. The sedatives are too strong for you." Sedatives? I wasn't prescribed any sedatives. What's going on? A part of me was not able to understand what was going on while another part of me was whispering inside my ear.

He is trying to kill you...

Before, I could react towards anything, I heard Sunaina's "kyaaaaah" all over the room. I was in time just to see how she knocked the heck out of this doctor with just one round kick. Sunaina was wearing flats but that didn't hinder her in any way while she moved her right leg round in a circle just to gain a momentum before finally thrashing the doctor out for good. I looked at the doctor and there he stood lying unconscious. My mind was about to burst when Sunaina came towards me and hugged me tightly. My chest was getting all wet with her tears but I didn't hate it. I never realised how satisfying it might seem to see someone cry over me.

"Oh thank God you are alright!" She spoke in between her sobs. "If I wouldn't have been able to save you this time. What would I have ever done?" Saying this she started to cry again.

"What would have happened to me?" I said feebly. Probably the sedatives are really affecting me badly. I touched her cheeks gently and tried rubbing off her already overflowing tears. This girl...a moment ago she gave kick to knock a man out and the very next moment I see her crying over me. Just what are you Sunaina.

"I have you by my side. Nothing will ever happen to me." I smiled at her. Just then a girl entered the room followed by a few men in police uniform.

"Officer arrest him." The unfamiliar girl commanded. "He tried to kill the second prince." Sunaina was smiling at her. Were they close?

"Yes ma'am." The men took the syringe and the man away and left the room.

"Who....who are you? Why did the police capture the doctor?" I asked that unfamiliar lady. She looked at Sunaina twice and then taking a deep breath, she finally spoke.

"I am Sunaina's best friend Preeti Roy. Nice to meet you Arjun." I smiled at her and she returned the smile with a nod. " And regarding the man...we suspect that the man came into your room dressed as a doctor to kill you. Her words gave me a clearer picture of what was going on. That's why ever since that day, Sunaina didn't leave my side. She was afraid that I might be killed. My eyes turned to Sunaina and gave her a warm gaze. She was my saviour. Be it from my loneliness or from my dangers, she always stood in front of me. I wanted to keep her to myself and wished that I could protect her too. Thinking about all this, I recalled the kick that she did a few moments ago. Nah! She doesn't need protection. She is strong enough to handle herself. Preeti was looking at us with warm eyes too. I am glad her best friend is here with her. There was always an hint of loneliness in her eyes but today, I can't find a single trace of it. I am glad it is this way. "But...why is someone....trying to kill me?" Preeti was about to reply to that when suddenly my attending doctor entered inside.

"What's going on here?" Dr Ranvijay Singh said coldly.

"Sir someone here tried to attack him again." Sunaina said.

"How can you all be so irresponsible? Arjun could have died. Is this the way you ensure the safety of the patients?" Preeti chimed in but Ranvijay seems unflabbable.

"Both of you seems to be in some kind of illusion. We are here in a hospital and not some private firm." He said again. "You do remember right, Ms Mehra, you were supposed to be taking care of him?" Sunaina bowed her head on hearing it.

"How can you blame us? Yes I will admit that the hospital was irresponsible letting the culprit in but where were you guys when all this ruckus had occurred?" Dr Ranvijay was one of the best doctors of this hospital but he was blunt and straightforward as hell. Leaving the two girls tongue-tied, he examined me further more.

"Someone has given him a heavy dose of sedatives. Can't believe such nonsense has occured in our hospital." He pressed his forehead in frustration. "Ok, for now we will be giving him a few more meds to wear off the sedatives' effects." Saying this, he left the room. The room was silent now. Not a single soul were speaking. Sunaina was looking at me- her eyes clearly showing her worries. "I'm fine." I told her slowly.

"Shut up!" She barked back. "You don't have to act so strong ok? Even men need to rely on others at times..so shut up." Her words brought tickles down my stomach. A prince who was never cared for and always got the second best of everything is now been asked to rely on someone. The girl standing in front me was a beautiful angel. She might not be of royal lineage but her eyes depict a different story of a queen. Thinking of all this, I smiled and nodded.

"Jeez, you both will give me diabetes." My eyes met that of Preeti's who was making a face as if she was cringed out. All three of us started to laugh together and the room was filled with a happy fuzzy ambience. After a while, I saw Maa entering the room. She looked at me with worry and then turned her gaze towards Sunaina. Sunaina held her face down. Maa's gaze softened, and she touched her head as if blessing her. "Thank you for saving my son." I saw Preeti smile a little smile at Maa's gesture while Sunaina looked shocked. "But aunty I...was almost..." Maa didn't let her finish. "I know...I know everything. But you are the reason why my son is alive. Sunaina no matter what the reason is...you have always proved yourself that how much you act as his shield. This was one such instance. Thank you Sunaina. Take the appreciation." Her words made me blush and I could see a warm smile all over Sunaina's face brightened up. She turned towards me and our eyes met. She smiled back at me beamingly and I could mutter to myself. "My Saviour"

Sunaina introduced Preeti and Maa to each other and after a few interactions Maa turned his attention towards me again.

"Arjun beta (son) I am bringing you back home. You will be safer there. What if someone attacks you again.! We can't risk anything." I looked at her and nodded. But something was pricking me inside.

"Maa...you seem to know something about these events right?" Maa's eyes were lowered at this question of mine but I didn't stop there. "Tell me maa please."

"Arjun...we can talk about all this once we are home. For now, you can take some rest." Disappointed, I agreed with her and decided to rest again. I have to make sure that I know everything once I reach home. Its high time I know my enemy.

(Later that day)

We were travelling inside our  car. I was in the backseat beside Sunaina whereas Maa was sitting in the front seat. I looked at Sunaina and she seemed a little worried. But why? Are they all hiding something from me? I held her hand and she seemed to have come out of her thoughts. She looked at me and I gave her an assuring look. We sat like this for the rest of the journey in silence holding on to each other smiling internally to ourselves.

I was warmly greeted by Mansi and Abhay. Surprisingly, she had made a arti plate for my arrival. I must say, she has become a very good daughter in law. Now I do not see her as someone whom I loved but someone who is like my best friend and I am proud of her. I entered inside my room after all the ceremonial procedures and then went inside. It felt good being in my room. Maa had already arranged a full time nurse for me. She asked Sunaina to get some rest and she obliged to it without much protest. I was seeing at her retreating figure. She did reduce a lot of weight than before. Taking care of me must have taken a toll on her. I was lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realise that Maa had entered my room.

"Beta..." I was startled but smiled at her in response.

"Its high time that you know what exactly is happening here and why is it happening with you." I nodded and let her continue.

"Actually we don't exactly know who but someone is after you."

"Yeah I get that picture already but why me out of all people?"

"Well..." I saw the hesitation in her eyes. "Before I reveal it to you, promise me that you will never reveal it to Sunaina." Her voice seemed to be a lot worried that I expected it to be.

"Actually you are being targeted because of Sunaina." My eyes shot up in surprise.

"What do you mean? How is she related to all this? Did she?"

"No no!" Maa interrupted. "She doesn't have any hand in it. Infact, she wasn't supposed to be here at all."

"Uh? I don't understand."

"Actually what Sunaina told me is that..."

"That?"

"We all aren't real...we all belong to a world of a fictional book. Apparently Sunaina is one of those readers and then she somehow came inside in this world from her world..."

Sunaina's POV

I took a nice shower after so many days and was finally able to relax on a bed. Honestly, the sofa isn't the most comfortable place for me. I jumped on top of the bed and started enjoying the squishy sofa when suddenly Nandini came inside my room.

"Miss, Rajkumar ji (Prince) and Rani maa (Queen) has asked you to come to his room." What might be they asking for at this time? I thought to myself.

"I am coming." Saying this, she left my room leaving me inside alone. My stomach was twisting in worry as if something bad was about to happen. Slowly I came in front of Arjun's room. Knocking on the door, I heard a "come in" from inside. I entered inside to find Arjun and Gayathri Devi sitting inside. Their eyes hinting a premonition of a certain storm. "Is everything alright?" I asked feebly.

"Sunaina...liste-"

"Maa can I speak this time please." Arjun interrupted Gayathri Devi's words and she in turn smiled at him. Probably they have reached to an understanding of which I am not aware of.

"Sunaina...I have learnt everything." He stated coming straight to the point.

"So...let us get engaged."

Hello, it's been a while since I have written a new chapter. I am sorry for updating so late. A lot of things are going on in my life. So kinda dealing with everything and the work load is a lot too. Anyways thank you for loving this book but unfortunately, I am going to end it soon after a few more chapters. Hopefully it will reach 1k views by then. Thank you for your support. Love you all.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

174K 11.5K 48
#1 in Forever together. #1 in Long lost love. This story is a full package of; 🔸Love, 🔸Romance, 🔸Comedy, 🔸Drama, 🔸Revenge, 🔸Interesting plots...
7.7K 980 34
"I told you , I didn't kill her." "Don't lie to me Aaru . I have been informed that you pushed Mrinalini." He roared. "'Rajan' , I am telling you the...
110 30 10
In the vibrant streets of Rajasthan, where love, longing and betrayal intertwine like the threads of fate, two souls find themselves entangled in a w...
12.9K 623 39
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...