Game of Thrones || The Sword...

By RickyAdams9

UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE CURRENT TIME* Ser Arthur Dayne of Starfall was the greatest knight the Seven Kingd... More

Cast
Dawn
Stories
"The Man Who Passes the Sentence Should Swing the Sword"
The Runts of the Litter
The King's Arrival
The Kingslayer
A Dothraki Wedding and Honeymoon
Words of War
Wishful for a Good Fight or Death
Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things
Wolves, Lions and Excuses
A Golden Crown and Bloodied Hands
Betrayal of the Obvious Traitor
The Cry for War
Planning
The Green Fork
The Whispering Woods
The Quiet Wolf put to Rest
The King in the North
The Bleeding Star
"You hold the reigns"
A Dayne at War
On The Move
To Finally See Her Grace
To Conquer a Mountain
Riling the Lion
Talk of Victory and Life
The Prideful Little Lion
The Second Battle of the Ruby Ford
The Black Lion Roars
A Dayne, A Lion, and Second Sons
Work That Leads to Nothing
Cornered
The Plan
Jenny of Oldstones
"Make It Yours"
Battle of the Flood Bowl
A Brother and Sister Reunited
Staines That Do Not Wash
A Frey and a Trout
Distractions
A Red Wedding
A Sign in the Stars
"You want it darker"
Cider and Dead Kings
The Red Mountains
Starfall
Blood of my Blood
Deadly Secrets
Dragon Troubles
Darkstar
The Dayne Slayer
Breakthrough
The Sword of the Morning
East
Angry Snakes
The Art of Compromise
Dragon Dreams
Stone Men of Old Valyria
"Slavery-free" City of Yunkai
A Different Kind of Cat
A Dance With a Dayne and a Dragon
Horselords
The Champion of the Braided Bloodrider
Past Events and Unspoken Emotions
Reborn Through Fire and Blood
Bloodriders for Her Majesty
A Forgotten Will
Love Under the Stars
A New Dawn
A City on the Rise
A Brave New World
Dragonstone
The King in the North Arises Once More
The Mantle of Responsibility
"What You Would Do If You Lost"
"Never Let Go"
The Bait
The Battle of Shipbreaker Bay
The Queen of the Torrentine
Siege
Old Vendettas
The Song of the North
No Mercy
Lost Enough
A Brother and Sister Reunited II
A New War
The Mormont Returns
Secrets and Banter
A Promise
Fall
"The Monsters Are Real"
Warm Again
What They Have
Set Dates
What They Need
Deal Broker
A Knight, A Warrior, and A Lover At Heart
The North Remebers
Slow Dancing
The Lords and Ladies of the North
The Key
Prophecies
Oathkeeper
Ghosts of Winters Past
The Wary She-Wolf
Dragon Riders
An Ever-shifting Future
Burying a Hatchet
An Understanding
A Way Through
The Bridge of Skulls
Shattered Hope
"It Only Gets Worse Before It Gets Better"
An Old Face from an Old Life
Visions of the Flames
Hard Truths
Bloodletting
The Long Night
The Long Night II
The Long Night III

Not Invincible

1K 63 6
By RickyAdams9

~~Arya Stark~~

"We can't keep doing this.."

The Wild Wolf of Winterfell whispers softly against the smooth tan skin of the young Sand Snake, moaning softly when she presses her lips onto her neck.

"That's what you said last time."

"Well, I meant it last time."

"Mm, and you will keep meaning it for the next several times I'm sure."

Tyene trails her kisses down the bare body of the Stark, drawing moans as Arya struggles to hold them back. The two women have been doing this almost every single night, the passion and fire burning between the two growing hotter and brighter than the night before.

"Stop.."

"You've said that before as well, darling."

"Yeah, well I mean it this time."

Arya pulls away as Tyene leans back in disappointment, the mood between the two souring a bit as they lean away from each other. Arya curls up, wrapping her arms around her legs as she hangs her chin on her knees.

"I'm worried about Jon."

She whispers softly. Jon has been asleep for about a day now. Sansa had found him collapsed on the ground by the Weirwood tree when she went to take Bran to it.

The Maester has no clue on why Jon collapsed. Arya had Tyene take a look and the poisons expert proclaimed that he couldn't have been poisoned unless it were something like Tears of Lys where it shows to mark of death.

But Jon is still breathing, he looks like he's in a deepsleep.

"I know."

Tyene scooches over to the younger girl, wrapping a warm arm around her shoulder as the two just hold one another, watching the flames flicker in the hearth across from the room.

"He's been asleep for almost a day now. What could've made him suddenly drop?"

"I don't know, darling. If it was poison or something, it's nothing that I've ever seen before."

"If he were poisoned, he'd be dead. But he's still alive. There's an almost frozen look of fear and dread on his face."

Arya says shaking her head as she leans her head on Tyene's shoulder.

"I'm worried about Evelyn as well."

Tyene nods a little, Evelyn too being in her line of thoughts as well.

"She is with the Dragon Queen. I'm sure they're both fine, the dragons, too."

"But that's just it. What if they're not. What if..somehow..the Night King got the jump on them and they're flying back here with them?"

Tyene shakes her head at Arya's worried words, sighing softly as she thinks back to her relatively brief time fighting alongside Evelyn during the war with Cersei.

"Evelyn is strong. There was a time I used to believe that my mother and father were the strongest people in the whole world..."

Tyene pauses for a moment before continuing.

"But I was wrong. Evelyn is powerful, far more powerful than anyone else in the world. When she sets her mind to something, she gets it, no matter the obstacles in her path. Did I ever mention how we won the Battle of King's Landing?"

Arya shakes her head.

"You've only spoken of what happened to Edric."

The two sigh softly in sadness as they think about the silver-haired Dayne boy.

"When Euron Greyjoy rode into the middle of the two shield walls with Edric's head, Evelyn completely lost it and broke ranks, dove over the Lannister shield wall and cut them down... She snapped, lost her shit. But if she hadn't, we wouldn't be in this warm bed, you and I."

Tyene places a hand on Arya's cheek, making the Stark girl look up at her.

"Evelyn is invincible. The day she dies is a day you and I will never see. I've seen how the Dragon Queen and Evelyn hold one another. They're perfect for one another and as long as they're together, nothing can happen to them."

Arya smiles at Tyene's comforting words, leaning up to place a kiss on the Sand Snake's lips. The small kiss was meant to be short but the intoxicating taste of her lips draws Arya in for another as the two lovers can't get enough of one another.

But the heated kiss cannot turn into something else as a loud knocks come from the door across the bedchamber.

"Arya?"

Sansa calls out as the two lovers eyes both widen as they leap out of bed, scrambling to get their clothes on.

"U-Uh, just a minute!"

Arya panics slightly as she nearly falls over trying to get her pants on. Tyene struggles struggles her fur coat as the two finally get dressed, more than just a minute later.

Arya opens the door wide, trying to act casual.

"Hello, Sansa."

She greets with a smile but Sansa's eyes are wide as she paces slightly.

"Jon's awoken."

Arya perks up at that, turning to Tyene as she still struggles with her coat.

"Come on. Let's go and talk with him."

~~~~~

"What happened?"

Sansa asks first as Jon groans, rubbing his eyes as he sits on the side of the bed, a painful headache in his head as he feels like utter shit.

"I..I don't know. I don't even know what happened."

"You were face down in the snow next to the Weirwood tree mumbling to yourself before passing out."

Arya states, concern for her brother prominent in her eyes.

"Jon, what were you doing? What even happened?"

"All I remember is touching the Weirwood... The initials that me and..."

Jon trails off as he looks at the ground, pondering for a moment before snapping his head up, eyes wide.

"Viserion!"

Jon shoots up out of bed as Sansa, Arya, and Tyene nearly jump out of their skin at the bastard's suddenness.

"Who is-"

"Daenerys' dragon! Something has-"

"My Lord? My Ladies?"

Someone asks through the other side of the door as Jon rushes to open it, surprising the Northman.

"Something has happened."

Jon's eyes widen even further as he begins mumbling to himself, panic clear on his shoulders as Arya and the others swiftly leave the room to follow him.

"Jon! Where are you going?"

"They're back. Come on, come on, come on..."

He mumbles, walking a past pace through the halls as the roars of dragons come from outside. He makes it to the courtyard before dashing towards the gates of Winterfell, dashing out to the massive snow field in the front where the defensive barricades and funneling walls are waiting.

He runs over the makeshift bridges that they have built over the trench as he looks up into the sky.

Drogon flies alone as Rhaegal carries two riders on his back. Jon's heart begins to break when he doesn't see the creamy gold dragon with them.

He watches as the two dragons land and he's able to see the faces of Evelyn and Daenerys. Rhaegal lowers his wings as Daenerys and Evelyn slide off, collapsing onto the ground as the two look as if they're frozen together.

"Evelyn! Daenerys!"

Jon rushes to them, a few tears in his eyes as he immediately kneels to them, seeing ice covering their bodies as they shiver uncontrollably. Arya and the two other women watch as he helps them up.

"What happened? Are you alright? Where's Viserion?"

"H-He..."

Daenerys croaks, tears beginning to descend down her cheeks as Evelyn refuses to let her go as she gazes at Jon with tired eyes, the vibrant violet of them seemingly dulled.

"He's gone.."

She whispers as Jon's eyes widen, shaking his head in disbelief.

"What do you mean?"

"The Night King... He k-killed him.."

Evelyn chokes with a sob as she and Daenerys just hold onto eachother as they have been doing for some time. Jon sniffles a little, the sadness of losing the dragon that he felt so connected with almost overwhelming.

The connection is still there. He can feel it. But instead of a feeling of fiery warmth, he feels ice cold.

"What of the bridge?"

Jon asks, wiping a tear away as Evelyn shakes her head, Daenerys in no state to even bother speaking.

"Viserion took it down with him...not that it even matters.."

Jon nods in understanding as he looks around the small group that has gathered to watch the seen before them. The Northmen stand, confused as to what is even happening as Jon stands.

"We need to be working double time! The White Walkers have a way through, now!"

Jon says with a heavy heart as a dread look spreads across the faces of everyone there watching.

Arya clutches Tyene's hand tightly as she watches the seemingly frozen Evelyn and Daenerys hug each other on the frozen ground, sobbing at the loss. The Night King can bring back the dead to be under his control.

He can do the same with a dragon.

The odds of the battle to come were never good but now it's even worse. This will be a fight for their lives and she knows it. She knows that at the end of the day, nobody is invincible. Not even a dragon.

Not even Evelyn Dayne.

~~~~~
A/N

Another step closer towards the battle for the world. Hopefully nothing more can go wrong (insert winking face)

Thank you all for reading! Feedback on this chapter and recent chapters would be super helpful!

Thanks again!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 6.6K 43
Note: Hi! Aries here. Just FYI I wrote this fic during covid when I was like... 15? 16? Presently I am 19 and I now think that this book is rather cr...
3.3K 124 10
Seventeen years have passed since Robert's rise to the throne, forcing Rhaegar and his kin into exile in Essos. Now, Rhaegar has journeyed back with...
225K 3.6K 19
- UNDER EDITING - On the day that her father, the Mad King Aerys II, was killed, Princess Visenya Targaryen, the true heir to the Iron Throne, became...
84.3K 3.2K 180
Have you ever wondered what might happen if there was a change in the story? Imagine a scenario where some of the people who had died were still aliv...